What do you Think It Will Take?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What do you Think It Will Take?

Postby xsic bastardx » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:26 am

I often wonder what it is going to take. I look around me at the madness that infests so many of us and marvel at how we have gotten this far. It’s like we passed out with a cigarette in our hand and it fell lighting the Lay-Z-Boy on fire and we are still fast asleep, waiting for our flesh to start cooking to wake up.<br>        You ever have one of those gut check moments. They are classic and come when you least expect them. It just kind of overwhelms you, your only choice to stop what your doing and deal with that moment the best you can.<br>        I got that feeling recently after seeing “A Inconvenient Truth”. I had heard about the film a year and half ago. I also heard that Al Gore was doing it and I wanted to see it even more. Here is a guy who is the President of the United States of America, he’s Elected Office stolen from him and he has basically been a ghost for the past 6 and half years. Now from the back of the theatre he raises his hand to speak and you know I think we better listen.<br>        I came from the camp that there was nothing we could prove that it was Us that was causing Global Warming. To me it felt logical that over eons and eons the Earth warmed and cooled, and that this was one of those times. <br>        <br>        I don’t believe that anymore.<br><br>        We are killing this planet. Granted that the Science that present fro the past 650,000 years taken from the Antartic Ice does tell a tale of Global Warming coming in stages as the level of C02 rises in the Atmosphere. However, in the past 10 years the levels have risen to the points that we have never seen and don’t even come close as to the average. <br>        It’s like Global Warming on Steroids. All the Shit we are putting into the Atmosphere is adding the too he natural process of Earth. Possibly if we would have evolved 4oo hundred years ago to the level of the Industrial Society we are today the Earth could have handled the a 100 years of like we have just had, thought we probably by this time would have invented something a little more creative than the Combustible Engine.<br>        I don’t know what Al has up his sleeve but after seeing this movie, and I know you guys are going to get all up in arms after this one, but I think Al Gore, right now, might be exactly what the States needs. I mean seriously, think about it. A proven candidate that possibly could run on a completely different platform than any other candidates. Now that could really be something.<br>        Believe me I am as just as pessimistic as the next man to think that we will EVER have another real election in this country. However, if a populace is motivated enough then the Real Voting Turnout would be to big to overcome. The 2004 Election was stolen with a few hundred thousand votes. Could they really fake Millions if need be? I don’t think they could….but then again I didn’t think Buildings couldn’t fall from fire and they can make that happen.<br>        I just keep thinking about the movie “The Day After Tommorow”. You know through the last 10 or 20 years it seems that Movies in particular have been taking a eerie similarity to actual events. The truly weird thing is that they come before the events are happening. I mean look at “Day” and then a year and half late we have Hurricane Katrina. <br>        I just feel it in my bones that things are speeding up and if we don’t create something that we can counter act the coming shift all might just be lost. <br>        Then again it may take the destruction of Civilization for us as mankind to truly wake up. It sure does look that way.<br> <p></p><i></i>
xsic bastardx

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What do you Think It Will Take?

Postby eroeoplier » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:52 am

sic bastard, you speak far too calmly and with far too much of what we used to be able to call 'common sense.' I'm new to this discussion board, but I suspect what you have to say here isn't wierd enough to catch much attention. <br><br>I grew up with the athiestic attitude that humans will be responsible for their own fate, and I came to believe that things are becoming quite urgent. Since getting on the net 18 months ago - I intentionally avoided it for years - a whole new set of scenarios have been brought into play for me. What a surprise! Today I can earnestly sit and ponder the possibility that Katrina was amped up and steered along the path it took - and there are dozens of other equally flabbergasting questions without answers out there. <br><br>You ask what will it take? My question is, how wierd is this gonna get? If we find an answer to one, we'll have found an answer to the other.<br><br>We *are* being kept - the question is by whom? Is it simply those who have their hands on the purse strings, and secondarily, they boys with their pop guns and death rays? Or does it get wackier than that?<br><br>My advice is that we turf out the money-changers, and take the toys off of the naughty boys. *Then* we can re-assess our situation. Of course, to do this, the first thing we'll have to do is enlist the help of some others. <p></p><i></i>
eroeoplier

Postby anothershamus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:40 pm

The money-changers have the toys (that go boom), and they are making more money every time one goes boom. see 'Lord of War', and put countries, or corporations in place of Nick Cage and the other guy (bilbo). It's all about a constant war. I don't know if we can stop it now.....It may have tipped. I expect to see HUGE change in our way of life in the next 5-10 years. Or do you think sooner? <p></p><i></i>
anothershamus

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:09 pm

There is a very basic rule of humans, all mammals really, that goes:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"People will not alter their behavior until the pain of staying where they are is greater than the pain of changing."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Of course we are talking mass behavior. Indivduals may do things differently, or not, but <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>en masse</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> we never change unless we have to. Fortunately people are indeed getting the message and they are fed up with this admiinistration and its lies. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a real leader out there. The DC Dems are inept and ineffective but new dems not beholden to power interests in DC and more responsive to their base are being elected. One can only hope.<br><br>Naww... scratch that, we can do more than hope. When millions are disgusted with the current political environment its a good time for a catalyst, a few individuals who can affect change. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"I'm just one person, You can't fight city hall."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> that sentiment is only true in less chaotic times. Not now. If nothing else, one person can be an agent for change in their own locale. You can have a greater effect in times like these than any other time. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby anothershamus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:25 pm

we NEED to have a greater effect but historically the incumbents get RE-elected in higher numbers every year. what did you post about 'change', i am right with you in spirit but the flesh is weary...as we ALL seem to be. we have a group that has community projects going, it does seem so small..... <p></p><i></i>
anothershamus

Postby yesferatu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:08 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Here is a guy who is the President of the United States of America, he’s Elected Office stolen from him and he has basically been a ghost for the past 6 and half years.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>That is what he has seemed to be. A ghost we catch glimpses of. Alarming,like a ghost. Not just alarmed by his specter and his message, but by the knowledge he was elected President.<br>Nice observation. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Return to Deep Politics