Major Jordan's Diaries

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Major Jordan's Diaries

Postby JD » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:33 am

What does anyone know about Major George Racey Jordan? In 1949 he made the startling accusation that the US was sending nuclear materials to Russia during WWII obstentiosly to help them build the A-Bomb. The extenstion to this is that the whole cold war was engineered to occur.<br><br>A Time Magazine article from 1949:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,854011,00.html">jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/...11,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>He wrote a book about this called "From Major Jordan's Diaries" of which the entire text is here:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/wars/jordan/01.html">www.sweetliberty.org/issu...an/01.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Anyone know the consensus on this guy? Loon? Agent for some agenda? or simply a straight guy giving us the straight goods?<br> <p></p><i></i>
JD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Major Jordan's Diaries

Postby IanEye » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 am

The diaries seem to fit in with a lot of Antony Sutton's philosophy in terms of setting up a useful Hegelian dialectic.<br><br>I always think of the Cold War as the "Yin-Yang" symbol, the interlocking black and white swirls, spiraling around each other, but with a little bit of white WITHIN the black and a little bit of black WITHIN the white. So, you have "Colonel Kotikov" working within the US and also have "Lee Harvey Oswald" working within the USSR.<br><br>The diaries could ultimately be paranoiac propaganda, but there is probably a fair amount of truth within the disinfo. The chapter I find most interesting is Chapter 12, "How Russia Got U.S. Treasury Plates".<br><br>The fact that Averell Harriman [a virile hairy Man] plays a role in the scenario is fascinating. The Harriman brothers, [Averell and Bunny] were their own self contained Hegelian dialectic, playing both sides of the "Left-Right" paradigm. Their grubby hands are all over the 20th century, Bunny aligning with the Bush family and Averell lurking amongst FDR, Kennedy, and Johnson.<br><br>[don't forget those "Righteous" Dulles Brothers!?!]<br><br> Anyway, the idea of US Treasury Notes being printed in the USSR is hilarious. It is like the game "Clue", how when you get to an edge corner of the board you can suddenly "pop" onto the other side of the board<br><br>Averell Harriman:<br>"I'm the Ambassador to Soviet Russia, no, wait! I'm the Governor of New York!"<br><br>George HW Bush:<br>"I'm the Ambassador to Red China, no, wait! I'm the POTUS!"<br><br>Hi-Ho, and on and on.....<br>Ronald Reagan:<br>"I'm an FDR Democrat, no, wait! I'm a Goldwater Republican!"<br><br>Items for further research:<br><br>"The Road to Hong Kong" starring Crosby and Hope where Bob is "Mind Controlled" through out the whole movie by Bing and does bong hits during the titular musical number, all while traipsing around the Orient pursuing clandestine Hi-jinks for the Government --[don't miss the cameo appearance of "the Italian's", Dino and Frankie!?!]<br><br>"Marijuana" an Educational film aimed at American Youth circa '68 hosted by Sonny Bono [channelling Ringo] , where a singular faction gives you BOTH sides of a debate<br><br>"USSA" a song on the Butthole Surfer's '85 album, "Locust Abortion Technician"<br><br>or, you could just go on eBay and buy a dog eared collection of "Spy Vs. Spy" panels from Mad Magazine...... "The ink is Black the page is White......"<br> <p></p><i></i>
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Dreams End » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:09 am

I don't know about this book. Haven't had time to read it, but I think that from the time of that writing forward there has been a definite strain within intel...and I think primarily air force intelligence, to put out the story that the U.S. was somehow overrun by the KGB/Soviets. <br><br>The most recent such book was the book by Phillip Corso, which was allegedly about how he was in charge of various bits of technology from an alien space ship from Roswell. He kept them unlocked in a file drawer in his office. His book claims that things like transistors and fiber optics come from this tech.<br><br>But as I read the book, I was struck more by his repeated assertions that the entire CIA was basically so infiltrated as to be a tool of the KGB. This strikes me as...unlikely.<br><br>But in any event, if the events in this book aren't real, it would be interesting to speculate on why this message keeps getting put out there. <br><br>Also of interest is the "star" of the book, Harry Hopkins, who I believe is given credit for the Eye on the Pyramid on our dollar bill, if I'm not mistaken. <br><br>I couldn't read the time article as it was a pay for the rest of it kinda thing. <br><br>I think that Sutton and others oversimplify complex events. American businessmen profiting from a revolutionary government is different from saying they installed them start to finish. I think a lot of that comes from the desire to put the idea out there that revolutions to overthrow oppressive governments and capitalism itself must surely be staged or fronts for elites, as people would never willingly do such a thing. If you start from that assumption then any big companies you find doing business with the Soviets or people like Armand Hammer become proof not that capitalists will profit where they will, but that they completely controlled the events that created the USSR.<br><br>Anyway, no time to read the whole book, but maybe a useful perspective to balance the one presented in that book.<br><br>And I really do think that AirForce intel is the specific center of much of the disinfo that comes out. I don't know why Air Force...but I know for a fact this is true with all the UFO stuff. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby starroute » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:36 pm

I ran into Jordan's name a while back in the course of researching General Robert E. Wood. (Chairman of Sears, chairman of the America First Committee, founder of the American Security Council. His daughter married the son of William Stamps Farish and was a close friend of George HW and Barbara Bush.)<br><br>In the early 50's, Wood was a heavy-duty McCarthyite and was also in correspondence with all the revisionist historians of the day. There was Harry Elmer Barnes, a pro-German historian who originated the idea that Roosevelt set up Pearl Harbor, and who in the late 50's would take up the cause of Holocaust denial. There was John T. Flynn, whose claims that the New Deal and the Democratic Party were thoroughly infiltrated by communists and that high-ranking government officials and journalists had conspired to force the State Department to hand China and Korea over to the communists formed a major basis for McCarthyism. And there was Major Jordan, with his charges that atomic materials and blueprints had been sent to Russia by the Roosevelt administration in the course of World War II. Wood also corresponded with publisher Alfred Regnery about Freda Utley's book "The China Story," which claimed that Democrats in Washington had helped facilitate communist victories, and which was also used by McCarthy.<br><br>Taken all together -- and the Wood correspondence makes it clear that they were a coherent movement -- these writings represented a focused push to discredit Roosevelt and the New Deal. The first wave involved an attempt to exonerate the Nazis and cast Roosevelt as a warmonger. When that didn't go over altogether well, the convenient fall of China to the communists provided a far more useful pretext for McCarthy's witch-hunts.<br><br>In pulling up my notes on these matters, by the way, I came across an interesting quote from Joe Conason's review of Ann Counter's "Treason":<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.yuricareport.com/RevisitedBks/CoulterTreason.html">www.yuricareport.com/Revi...eason.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Coulter discusses McCarthy's impressive high school record in considerable loving detail. But somehow she neglects to mention McCarthy's first moment in the national spotlight. That was his infamous 1949 campaign on behalf of Nazi S.S. officers who were convicted of war crimes for the massacre of American troops in the town of Malmedy during the Battle of the Bulge. On their orders, 83 American prisoners of war had been murdered by Waffen S.S. machine-gunners. The S.S. officers were sentenced to death, but McCarthy insisted that the entire case was a frame-up, with confessions obtained by horrific torture. He intervened in Senate hearings on the case and lied repeatedly during his defense of the Nazi murderers. His most spectacular claim was that the American investigators had crushed the testicles of German prisoners as an interrogation technique. McCarthy was later shown to have served as the pawn of neo-Nazi and communist provocateurs who were using the Malmedy case to whip up anti-American sentiment in postwar Germany. The main source for his false charges concerning Malmedy was a Germany lawyer named Rudolf Aschenauer, whose closest ties were to the postwar Nazi underground and to American right-wing isolationists, but who has also been identified as a communist agent. Aschenauer testified at U.S. Senate hearings in Germany that he had passed information about Malmedy to McCarthy. The S.S. officers were guilty, as the Senate report confirmed -- although most of them later got their death sentences commuted in a gesture to former Nazi officials who aided the West in the Cold War. But McCarthy had succeeded in his larger purpose, winning publicity for himself and casting a negative light on the war-crimes trials.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>This Malmedy slander, of course, is the one that Bill O'Reilly recently dragged back out in an even more distorted version -- see, for example, <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.aim.org/aim_report/4666_0_4_0_C/">www.aim.org/aim_report/4666_0_4_0_C/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>All in all, my assessment is that although there might be a few tiny nuggets of truth in these claims -- the idea that Pearl Harbor was LIHOP being the most plausible -- I'd say they are 95% not only false but venomously so.<br> <p></p><i></i>
starroute

for what it's worth

Postby robertdreed » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:02 pm

There's a book out there that claims that Victor Rothschild, head of the explosives section of the Technical Services Division of the British Secret Service- that would be MI6, I think- transferred the technical know-how to build the H-bomb to Stalin after the war. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Fifth Man</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, by Roland Perry, 1994. <br><br>Perry also claims that Victor Rothschild was the "Fifth Man" of the Cambridge spy ring. Other authors have other candidates.<br><br>I read <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Fifth Man</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, and didn't find it convincing. However, Perry does develop enough facts about Rothschild's Cambridge contacts that the hypothesis isn't dismissable out of hand. <br><br>One interesting note- what's it matter, these days? <br><br>For that matter, I've also heard the argument made that the post-WW2 U.S.A. wasn't to be entrusted with a monopoly on atomic or thermonuclear weapons...especially in view of the fact that it was already holding so many of the geopolitical cards as a result of emerging victorious and nearly unscathed in WW2- it's leaders having already detonated not just one, but two, atom bombs against a nation that was at that point in no position to even threaten it militarily. <br><br>It's a tough argument for me to agree with, but it's an arguable case. I think history should be dynamic, subject to dispute and even revision based on factual merit. So I don't mind hearing someone lay their facts on the table to argue for that position. That's what freedom of speech is all about, after all. <br><br>After all, where could critical thinking ever be without assuming the role of "devil's advocate"? Those who are unfamiliar with the arguments of the opposition have an incomplete understanding of their own.<br><br>Maybe they're right, maybe the USSR needed the bomb, to deter the possibility of the Patton mentalities of the US political circles getting the upper hand and deciding to "go to the mat" against the Soviets in a forcible "regime change" scenario. Nukes and all...<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 7/1/06 12:10 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

Re: for what it's worth

Postby anothershamus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:49 pm

go to dave emory and check out his archives, it's www.spitfirelist.com , he has all he bush, harriman, bayer, dulles, i.c. farben, nazi tie ins. you could spend years on the site.<br>He ties all the little pieces togeather and it's usually 'follow the money'. <br><br>"beware the military industrial complex" <p></p><i></i>
anothershamus

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:36 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"USSA" a song on the Butthole Surfer's '85 album, "Locust Abortion Technician"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Wow, thats the first ref to LAT I have heard in a while.<br><br>My fave buttholes song was called "Lady Sniff", from "Hairway.."<br><br>It used to make me laugh, and gross out chics.<br><br>Nexus reprinted Major jordans Diaries years ago, well extracts anyway.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:03 am

If i remember rightly Jordan recieved a phone call from a Harry Hopkins asking him to expedite the transfer of chemicals to Russian interests.<br><br>Same Hopkins who was in charge of Lend Lease, who drafted a letter to the prez along with Dr Vannevar Bush, (No relation apparantly), to introduce the idea of producing an atomic bomb. Who was in correspondance with Churchill re atomic matters, (not Roosevelt, Hopkins in correspondance with Churchill).<br><br>Interesting implications. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Return to Deep Politics