on the flow of drugs

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

on the flow of drugs

Postby smithtalk » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:23 am

for anyone interested in the mi6, cia drug pipelines, this interview with former british ambassador to uzbekistan,craig murray gives some interesting info,<br>hes releasing a book which i suspect would be chock full of good info<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://leninology.blogspot.com/2006/07/man-of-highest-principle-interview.html">leninology.blogspot.com/2...rview.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"I ask him how he thinks his particular story fits into the whole ‘war on terror’.<br><br>"First of all, a lot of what I’m saying impacts on Afghanistan. The Taliban virtually stopped the production of heroin in that country, and it has now come back. Now, about 40% of what was produced was smuggled into Uzbekistan under the control of General Dostum and Islam Karimov. And we turned a blind eye because both are or were US clients. Dostum, I think, is now the Chief of the Army staff – a terrible, evil man, who killed people under tank tracks and by keeping them in containers until they died. But of course he’s an Uzbek, and that’s an important part of the dynamic in Afghanistan itself. The north of the country is Uzbek, as were the Northern Alliance for the most part." <p></p><i></i>
smithtalk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: on the flow of drugs

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:57 am

Thanks for posting this and the article link -- WoW!<br><br>A lot of meat there; The book is on my wish-list;<br><br>***<br>"This is why Murray is so shocked by his treatment at the hands of the government, and by the behaviour of right-wing Atlanticist Labour MPs who aggressively cheered on Bush's extremely reactionary policies. Murray remarks on the irony of the Bush administration, perhaps the most right-wing US government in history, encouraging and collaborating with a government holding on, with some success, to aspects of the old 'communist' system. There is a sinister humour in the government's attempts to justify what they are doing. Linda Duffield, his boss at the FCO, shakes with anger when recalling his famous speech denouncing the human rights abuses of the Uzbek state - it was not his job to undermine UK-Uzbek relations, she asserts. That is, she says, the job of politicians - those who were doing everything they could to butter up the dictatorship. "You seem to lack any sense of proportion", she tells him. Similarly, there is much material on the build-up to the Iraq war - for instance, the attempt to get votes for the second resolution from key Francophone African states in the UN by appointing Baroness Amos to suddenly offer some aid when Britain had totally ignored those countries for decades, is roundly scoffed at. Having seen "the real motives and methods and US foreign policy", he can't begin to buy the "sanctimonious crap" coming from Bush.<br><br><br>"Murray's book - written with considerable verve and wit, bustling with drama - marks how far we have come. He writes that liberal Western states are being moved down the same road taken by the Nazis, by authoritarian elements within. He wonders, as any reader might, how we have come to a situation where "integrity in public life is now so rare that some consider me a hero just for exhibiting the most basic human decency?" In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. In a time of increasing reaction, even the most moderate liberalism can seem revolutionary."<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics