FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- National Security Whistleblowers Coal

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- National Security Whistleblowers Coal

Postby BannedfromDU » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 am

National Security Whistleblowers Coalition<br>www.nswbc.org<br><br>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- July 28, 2006<br>Contact: Sibel Edmonds, National Security Whistleblowers Coalition, sedmonds@nswbc.org , Tel- (703) 519-3640<br><br><br>NSA WHISTLEBLOWER IS SUBPOENAED TO TESTIFY BEFORE FEDERAL GRAND JURY<br>Government Begins its Witch Hunt Targeting Whistleblowers<br><br>On Wednesday, July 26, Russell Tice, former National Security Agency (NSA) intelligence analyst and a member of National Security Whistleblowers Coalition (NSWBC), was approached outside his home by two FBI agents who served him with a subpoena to testify in front of a federal grand jury. NSWBC has obtained a copy of the subpoena issued for Mr. Tice’s testimony and is releasing it to the public for the first time. The subpoena directs Mr. Tice to appear before the jury on August 2, 2006 at 1:00 p.m. in the Eastern District of Virginia. Mr. Tice “will be asked to testify and answer questions concerning possible violations of federal criminal law." [To view the subpoena click here].<br><br>In response to the subpoena, Mr. Tice issued the following statement: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>“This latest action by the government is designed only for one purpose: to ensure that people who witness criminal action being committed by the government are intimidated into remaining silent.” He continued: “To this date I have pursued all the appropriate channels to report unlawful and unconstitutional acts conducted [by the government] while I served as an intelligence officer with the NSA and DIA. It was with my oath as a US intelligence officer to protect and preserve the U.S. Constitution weighing heavy on my mind that I reported acts that I know to be unlawful and unconstitutional. The freedom of the American people cannot be protected when our constitutional liberties are ignored and our nation has decayed into a police state.”</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>FULL-<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nswbc.org/Press%20Releases/PR-TiceSubpoena-July28-06.htm">www.nswbc.org/Press%20Rel...y28-06.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
BannedfromDU

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- National Security Whistleblowers

Postby dbeach » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:57 pm

Tice is a Hero<br><br>the pigs are just sooeying as usual <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics