Resigned, forced out, or skulked away

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Resigned, forced out, or skulked away

Postby Trifecta » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:51 am

Resigned, forced out, or skulked away<br><br>by Phil H., August 6, 2006 PERMANENT LINK<br><br>A friend of mine asked:<br>How are ya bud? Hey I'm wondering if during your arduous quest for the truth you've accrued an archive of any sort of all the resignations during the terms of our beloved peculiar pres. I would be very interested in seeing that as they are becoming a common occurrence. More so than I can recall under any other fucknut in office.<br>Intrigued by the question, I did a little research and found that the following people have resigned in disgust, been forced out, or skulked away either to avoid personal scandal or line their pockets since Shrubby and his pals seized our government. I was very surprised at the sheer number and the relative importance of the positions that have turned over.<br><br>This is by no means a comprehensive list; there's a veritable crapload of military and intelligence agency resignations that could be attributed to the Iraq war that are not included here. If someone were inclined to CREATE a comprehensive list of resignations/dismissals and their reasons, *that* would be truly fascinating web page.<br><br>White House & Cabinet Appointments<br><br>Colin Powell (Secretary of State)<br>Richard Haass (State Department director for policy planning under Powell)<br>Richard Clarke (State Department chief adviser on terrorism)<br>Ann Veneman (Agriculture Secretary)<br>Rod Paige (Education Secretary)<br>Don Evans (Commerce Secretary)<br>Theodore Olson (Solicitor General)<br>John Ashcroft (Attorney General)<br>Larry Thompson (Deputy Attorney General)<br>Elaine Kaplan (U.S. Office of Special Counsel)<br>Timothy Hannapel (U.S. Office of Special Counsel)<br>Paul O'Neill (Secretary of the Treasury)<br>Peter Fisher (U.S. Treasury undersecretary)<br>Rosario Marin (U.S Treasurer)<br>Larry Lindsey (A "top economic adviser" to Bush)<br>Ari Fleisher (White House press secretary)<br>Scott McLellan (White House press secretary)<br>John W. Carlin (Archivist of the United States)<br>Lewis Libby (Vice President's Chief of Staff - indicted over Plame)<br>Karl Rove ("Resigned" as White House Chief of Staff over Plame scandal)<br>Claude Allen (Bush's domestic-policy adviser - arrested for shoplifting)<br><br>Shadow Government<br><br>Paul Wolfowitz (U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense, now World Bank President)<br>Douglas Feith (Under Secretary of Defense for Policy)<br>Richard Perle (Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee)<br>Dov Zakheim (Comptroller of the Pentagon)<br><br>Military <br><br>Tom White (former Enron criminal, appointed US Army Secretary)<br>Gen. Anthony Zinni (United States Central Command in the Middle East)<br>Gen. Eric Shinseki (Army's chief of staff)<br>Col. Charles Pritchard (State Department's senior expert on North Korea)<br>Col. Douglas Macgregor (Department of Defense)<br>Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski (Department of Defense)<br>Major John Carr (Air Force prosecutor, resigned over Guantanamo)<br>Major Robert Preston (Air Force prosecutor, resigned over Guantanamo)<br>Captain Carrie Wolf (Air Force prosecutor, resigned over Guantanamo)<br>Mike Parker (Director, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)<br>Bunnatine Greenhouse (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, awarded Iraq contracts)<br>Victoria Clarke (Pentagon spokeswoman)<br><br>NSC, CIA, FBI, & Homeland Security <br><br>George Tenet (CIA Director)<br>Porter Goss (CIA Director & Tenet's replacement)<br>Kyle Foggo (CIA #3. Goss' flunky - probable scandal with these two)<br>Rand Beers (National Security Council senior director for combating terrorism)<br>Ben Miller (CIA staffer and Iraq expert with the National Security Council)<br>Flynt Leverett (Senior Director for Middle East Affairs on NSC)<br>Hillary Mann (Director for Iran and Persian Gulf Affairs NSC)<br>Tom Ridge (Director, Department of Homeland Security)<br>Paul Redmond (Assistant Secretary for Information Analysis, DHS)<br>Larry Mefford (FBI Director, Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence)<br>Bradley A. Buckles (director of the ATF)<br>David Kay (head of the U.S. search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq)<br>James Pavitt (Deputy Director of Operations, CIA)<br><br>Environmental Protection & Public Lands<br><br>Christie Whitman (Environmental Protection Agency administrator)<br>Linda Fisher (Deputy Administrator, EPA)<br>J. P. Suarez (Director, environmental law enforcement, EPA)<br>Bruce Buckheit (Director, EPA's Air Enforcement Division)<br>Rich Biondi (Assoc. Director, EPA's Air Enforcement Division)<br>Sylvia K. Lowrance (EPA Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance)<br>Eric Schaeffer (Director of the Office of Regulatory Enforcement)<br>Tony Oppegard (Environmental Protection Agency scientist)<br>Jack Spadaro (Environmental Protection Agency scientist)<br>Bruce Boler (Environmental Protection Agency scientist)<br>Teresa Chambers (U.S. Park Police Chief)<br>Martha Hahn (Bureau of Land Management)<br>Andrew Eller (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)<br>James Zahn (US Department of Agriculture microbiologist)<br>Mike Dombeck (Chief of the Forest Service)<br>James Furnish (Deputy Chief of the U.S. Forest Service)<br>Robert Card (undersecretary US Dept of Energy)<br>Beverly Cook (Assistant secretary US Dept of Energy)<br>Jessie Roberson (Assistant Energy Secretary)<br><br>Social Services<br><br>Thomas E. Novotny (Department of Health and Human Services)<br>Thomas Scully (Director of Medicare)<br>John Korsmo (Chairman of the Federal Housing Finance Board)<br>Joanne Wilson (Department of Education Rehabilitation Services Administration)<br>Susan Wood (Food and Drug Administration's Assistant Commissioner)<br>Frank Davidoff (FDA's Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee)<br><br>Ambassadors & Foreign Service<br><br>Robert W. Jordan (U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia)<br>Otto Reich (White House special envoy for Latin America)<br>James Baker (UN's special envoy to Western Sahara)<br>Ann Wright (Career diplomat in the Foreign Service and Army Colonel)<br>John Brady Kiesling (Political Counselor in the U.S. Embassy in Greece)<br>John Brown (veteran of the Foreign Service)<br><br>The list could go on, and on, and on. These are just the easy ones I found in an afternoon's searching. What do you think? <br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.unknownnews.org/060811fd.html#806PhilH">www.unknownnews.org/06081...l#806PhilH</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Trifecta

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Resigned, forced out, or skulked away

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:30 am

Most of those people are just leaving the postions they held to exploit policy they set up for that exact purpose. I don't understand why people consider the revolving door as something we measure success against..<br><br>Cause it's really a failure. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: Resigned, forced out, or skulked away

Postby Sepka » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:50 pm

Moving on to more creative methods of staff reduction:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5628308">www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5628308</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A 'Pant-Out' with the '100-Degree Club'<br><br>August 8, 2006 · We couldn't bear to shut down the computer and go home without sending you this scoop. David Greene just learned it; you're the next to know:<br><br>President Bush spent his afternoon not buried in Middle East diplomacy, but daring his staff at the ranch to join what he calls the "100-degree club." The phrase literally sends shudders down staffers' spines. The president challenged White House employees to run three miles in the central Texas heat across the scrubby terrain on his property. Press Secretary Tony Snow, who sounded as nervous as everyone else, said he would offer a "pant-out" after the run... as opposed to a read-out.<br><br>Those finishing the three miles got a T-shirt from the president. Mr. Bush did the course on his bike (his bad knees prevent him from running these days), but rode back to join the runners as they came in. I'm told the president was friendly and encouraging in the most fatherly way -- as he pedaled around the sweaty troops. According to the Weather Channel, the temperature on this patch of Texas was exactly 100 degrees when the run took place. The heat index was 102.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

Return to Deep Politics