Peter Shank?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Peter Shank?

Postby rocco33 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:05 pm

I just discovered Shank in the past month. He seems to be very dead on. I'm the first to admit that I am constantly peeling through the various layers of misinfo and disinfo in the alt. media, but Shank seems for real. What do some of you vets think of him? <br><br>www.shankblog.com <br>www.shankradio.com <p></p><i></i>
rocco33

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Peter Shank?

Postby The Omega Man » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:55 pm

Judging from the blog the guy's a two-bit racist. Check out the "Black is Beautiful" section and see. Sounds like typical Aryan Brotherhood shit, his "message" is best followed with a toilet paper chaser. <p></p><i></i>
The Omega Man

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Yeah he should change his name to Peter Skank.<br><br>Maybe he is right about some things, but then who isn't?<br><br>I am no vet but I speak to them nearly every day, and most would spit on his views on race. Yesterday was the anniversary of LOng Tan and is now Vietnam Vets day or something in Australia.<br><br>It was also the 40th anniversary of the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://thegreenman.net.au/mt/archives/001128.html" target="top">Wave Hill Walkout</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby rocco33 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:09 am

Yeah, he gets tagged that alot. And I grew up in a Mexican neighborhood and still live in one. I don't have the same AJ/Shank view of multi-culturism. But if you listen to a couple of is archived MP3 podcasts, you might change your mind. He makes an awful lot of sense when it comes to 9-11 and the ensuing events that have taken place. I was pretty blown away after two years of obssessive research. The guy has got some great points. Give a listen to a couple of his shows. Especially his take on the Kabbala. <p></p><i></i>
rocco33

Postby Uncle Scam » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:42 am

I suggest as Robert Anton Wilson would say, take what you like and leave the rest, i.e. don't throw the water out w/the bath water. You can learn interesting things from a racist. If in fact he is one. Further, I'd be so bold as to say, if your from American you a racist, our culture has it incoded into our language and culture on varous and deep levels most do not even understand.. I'm a racist. But you can bet your ass, I work at deprogramming myself everyday of the week. <br><br>As an anthropologist, I could go into all the ways we see rascism, that would boggle your mind. I'll save you the lecture, however, know that the ideal of boundry markers and White ethnic issues are Invisible to most whites. They can't even see their own, how could they distinguish from anothers.<br><br>If by chance you think the above is hogwash, get back to me after you listen to Tim Wise. If, infact, you are interested in educating yourself about the nuance's I'd suggest this:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=14264">www.kpfa.org/archives/ind...arch=14264</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Give it a listen, then we can dialogue about racism. Nature Exposed to Our Method of Questioning and all that.<br><br>Finally, I say you can learn from a rock, it's all in your approach. So give peter Shank a fair hearing, if your of the mind or don't it's all up to you. "Think for yourself, smuck!" ;-)<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Uncle Scam

Postby rocco33 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks, my fiance is an anthro major. I read her text books and have to laugh. Why is it that anthropologists turn sentences into paragraphs? They have their own strange way of writing.<br><br>And about Tim Wise, I will check it out. I listen regularly to KPFK, which is sister to KPFA. Thanks for that. <br><br>ANd lastly, I don't disagree that as an American, we have racism ingrained. But I did grow up as a minority in my area of California. I still live as a white minority in a town that is 80 percent Hispanic. I don't know if that matters much, but just saying... <p></p><i></i>
rocco33

I prefer drinking from clean sources

Postby The Omega Man » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Knowledge is much like food, and like food, you can get it in a number of places such as stores and restaurants, you don't have to be so desperate as to tip over trash cans just to get meals. Also, America hardly holds the monopoly on racism, we're just less sophisticated with it and overt in this country. <p></p><i></i>
The Omega Man

Return to Deep Politics