There's something odd about this story...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

There's something odd about this story...

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:57 pm

PARKLAND, Wash. -- The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is searching for five people who allegedly attacked a uniformed National Guardsmen walking along 138th Street in Parkland Tuesday afternoon.<br><br>The soldier was walking to a convenience store when a sport utility vehicle pulled up alongside him and the driver asked if he was in the military and if he had been in any action.<br><br>The driver then got out of the vehicle, displayed a gun and shouted insults at the victim. Four other suspects exited the vehicle and knocked the soldier down, punching and kicking him.<br><br>“And during the assault the suspects called him a baby killer. At that point they got into the car and drove off and left him on the side of the road,” Detective Ed Troyer with the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.<br><br>The suspects were driving a black Chevy Suburban-type SUV.<br><br>“This is something new for us, we have not had military people assaulted because they were in the military or somebody's opposition to a war or whatever,” Troyer said.<br><br>The driver is described as a white male, 25-30 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall, heavy build, short blond hair, wearing a black T-shirt and jeans, and armed with a handgun.<br><br>The vehicle's passengers are described as white males, 20-25 years old. Some of the suspects wore red baseball hats and red sweatshirts during the attack.<br><br>The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and charging of the individuals involved. Informants can call 253-591-5959, and callers will remain anonymous. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.kirotv.com/news/9765757/detail.html">www.kirotv.com/news/9765757/detail.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: There's something odd about this story...

Postby FourthBase » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:02 pm

False flag to make anti-war citizens look bad.<br>Seems pretty obvious to me. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:11 pm

"Baby killers"<br><br>Oh, gawd. The Vietnam-era agit prop is being run again.<br><br>Yup. Attempting to divide the anti-war movement from the troops they want home safe and sound with adequate healthcare and VA funding. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby bvonahsen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:14 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>False flag to make anti-war citizens look bad.<br>Seems pretty obvious to me.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Total nonsense. Theories that "seem obvious" are usually wrong... 99% of the time. It is really important to challenge one's beliefs and to always be on the look out for mistakes and errors in thinking that you (and me) have made. To just reflexively believe anything that comes along is the exact opposite of thinking critically. In this case, a much simpler reason explains what happened, assuming we have all the facts, which I doubt. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Re: Critical thinking.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:22 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>To just reflexively believe anything that comes along is the exact opposite of thinking critically. In this case, a much simpler reason explains what happened, assuming we have all the facts, which I doubt.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>What makes you conclude lack of critical thinking or to embrace "simpler reasons"?<br><br>Do you see the contradiction of people with guns beating someone up for peace using the KEYWORDS that were used in propaganda during another unpopular war?<br><br>That's critical thinking if not proof, right?<br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:27 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Total nonsense.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>No it isn't. What you wrote, however, IS total nonsense.<br><br>"Theories that 'seem obvious' are usually wrong... 99% of the time."<br><br>Care to cite a source for this statistic -- other than your own ass, of course, from which it was so obviously pulled? <br><br>"It is really important to challenge one's beliefs and to always be on the look out for mistakes and errors in thinking that you (and me) have made."<br><br>Wow! I've never seen someone simultaneously state the obvious AND make hardly any sense at all! Congratulations!<br><br>I could go on, but I have work to do.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Postby FourthBase » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:47 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Do you see the contradiction of people with guns beating someone up for peace using the KEYWORDS that were used in propaganda during another unpopular war?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Bingo. Hugh has bingo. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby bvonahsen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:04 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The suspects were driving a black Chevy Suburban-type SUV.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>And the driver was wearing a black T-Shirt and jeans and a handgun. Yes, all <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>very</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> suspicious... but not proof.<br><br>My first instinct was "So the death squads are starting?" But I don't take the leaps you seem to, I need steps. It's just not my style, it isn't how I think to just go around leaping from one conclusion to another like that. So please don't try to force me into taking a position that I am not going to take. It isn't going to happen.<br><br>But like I said, yeah, I can see what you mean, I just don't believe it. Maybe later if there is more evidence to support it but right now, at this moment, and... in my opinion... there is not enough to say for certain that yes, this is agitprop on the part of some black-ops group by the government. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby yesferatu » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:21 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Maybe later if there is more evidence to support it but right now, at this moment, and... in my opinion... there is not enough to say for certain that yes, this is agitprop on the part of some black-ops group by the government.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>And it is just as "rational" to look at this and come to a conclusion for now unless other factors are discovered which would disprove the very valid, and intuitive surmising that this is black-ops agitprop. <br>It is just as "rational" to come to this conclusion as it is to come to your conclusion that the guy just got beat up and you don't know why. However, the only difference is that your conclusion merits your boasting of "rationality" and casting disdain for the thought processes of others who "make leaps" of poor judgment.<br>Why does your conclusion allow you the benefit of revision if other things are discovered, but you won't afford another differing conclusion that same grace, but rather wag the finger of modern faux "skepticism"? <br><br>It is really getting old. <br><br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:50 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> The suspects were driving a black Chevy Suburban-type SUV.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Mmm..A Blackwater favorite.. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: Mmm..A Blackwater favorite..

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:55 am

Now if they had jumped out of a black helicopter yelling "baby killer," <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>that</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> would've been suspicious.<br><br>lol. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:59 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>there is not enough to say for certain that yes, this is agitprop on the part of some black-ops group by the government.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>There's no need to attribute responibility to the 'Government' for executing these kinds of transparent tributes to the 'Namm social frictions. On the contrary, and I think this raises a much larger issue that we should focus on at some point elsewhere:<br><br>What if the act was committed not by the Government at all, but the NGO's that are awarded contract after contract. Hegel went way out of his way to over-explain the very simple concept of instigating reactions favorable to your own desired outcome.<br><br>If this was a 'false flag', it wasn't perpetrated so much by the government as much as it would have been by Wackenhut, Blackwater, KBR, etc..<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>THOSE</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> people stand to benefit more than anyone in Government. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: Mmm..A Blackwater favorite..

Postby bvonahsen » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:18 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>the only difference is that your conclusion merits your boasting of "rationality" and casting disdain for the thought processes of others who "make leaps" of poor judgment.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Rationality is not a hunch or a leap or an educated guess. It isn't even in the same catagory. If you are gong to toss out reason then you've already lost and you might as well go into full blown paranoia and check out the nearest padded cell. To reject reason is to give in to every phantom and every delusion that comes along because you have no means to tell reality from fantasy. <br><br>The opposite is also true, you cannot throw emotion, intuition, away either. Without intuition reason spins out useless and meaningless inferences. You have to have both. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby Forgetting2 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:26 am

The story is definately odd.<br><br>What I'm looking for is how much play the story gets. <p></p><i></i>
Forgetting2

Postby anotherdrew » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:07 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>...knocked the soldier down, punching and kicking him.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>given that description of the 'attack' I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is no or damn little physical evidence of any 'attack' at all. My first question would be, "Did it even happen?" Any hospital reports? <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Next

Return to Deep Politics