conditioning

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

conditioning

Postby yesferatu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:26 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion/home.php">shattered union</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>"To be ripe beyond further increase is to prepare to die."<br><br>"I think Americans are craving a "dark night of the soul." That's the real reason they like voting for assholes and starting wars and burning gasoline and feeding economic bubbles. We're not playing around -- we seriously want an apocalypse, a transformation-through-catastrophe. And we'll get it."<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

dark night...

Postby stoneonstone » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:09 pm

"I think Americans are craving a "dark night of the soul."<br><br><br>There seems to be something in the air...sort of the same feeling I got when reading Christopher Booker's The Neophiliacs the first time.<br><br>A sickness about to express itself.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
stoneonstone

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: dark night...

Postby greencrow0 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:24 pm

...beats getting down to the hard work of environmental preservation<br><br>and national belt-tightening [literal and figurative]<br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Re: dark night...

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:08 pm

Seems to me that psychological warfare against human rights and idealism is taking its toll on morale as intended. Visible atrocity will demoralize even as it activates more focused resistance.<br><br>On one hand Dirty Harry is gaining some more disillusioned yet still reluctant converts.<br><br>"Damn what an ugly world. Guess I'll just try to take care of my own and leave God-zilla and King Kong to duke it out."<br><br>And yet Jesus, Ghandi, and Martin Luther King's message is still alive in many hearts and now with even more information on how to avoid the COINTELPRO traps. <br><br>And this means even smarter and more effective leaders to articulate against fascism and justify non-violence and social justice as valid and even necessary to our survival.<br><br>I think the sixties will be back in a more sustainable cultural form than the flashy street marches and police riots.<br><br>Less visible but more effective even though that seems counter-intuitive and some are equating fewer on the streets with losing.<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hughmanateewins>Hugh Manatee Wins</A> at: 9/5/06 12:11 pm<br></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to Deep Politics