Bob Woodward steps in for the Kill

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bob Woodward steps in for the Kill

Postby greencrow0 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:37 am

Read the following in today's NYT:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/29/washington/29account.html?hp&ex=1159588800&en=3862efd9e06a71e9&ei=5094&partner=homepage">www.nytimes.com/2006/09/2...r=homepage</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>In the last week, I've noticed a 'sea change' in the way the MSM is reporting on the Bush Administration. CNN was talking about an "October Surprise' for a couple of hours in a special broadcast the other night.<br><br>Now, just before the election we have Bob Woodward...the reporter who took down Nixon on behalf of the elite...going on the attack in his new book 'State of Denial'.<br><br>All the shenanigans the Bushlings have been up to and the press was comatose...now their 'Brutus' is standing at the bottom of the Senate Steps 'metaphorically speaking'.<br><br>Is this by way of a 'controlled demolition' of a failed administration by the illuminati [for want of a better word] so they can preserve the bathwater...once the baby's gone?<br><br>gc<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Baby Bush & the Bathwater

Postby HMKGrey » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:44 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Is this by way of a 'controlled demolition' of a failed administration by the illuminati [for want of a better word] so they can preserve the bathwater...once the baby's gone?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Interesting. I've been having that sense too. I was in London this week and there are huge hoardings everywhere for the 'Death of A President' TV drama. It's quite peculiar. <br><br>Is the October surprise about to be bigger than any of us could have imagined? <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Re: Bob Woodward steps in for the Kill

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:54 am

Since Bob Woodward first went to the WashPost as <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>a high-ranking naval intelligence officer who had been briefing the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the White House</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, it would be reasonable to assume that he is representing the Pentagon at that CIA newspaper and will attempt to temper the failing imperialists who have created Vietnam Syndrome II. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby greencrow0 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:18 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060929/Henry_Kissinger_060929/20060929?hub=TopStories">www.ctv.ca/servlet/Articl...TopStories</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Here's a 'fleshing out' of the case being made against the baby by the bathwater.<br><br>Woodward being brought back to do the job...an old semi-retired MSM 'Hitman' as it were...<br><br>is a real insult to the intelligence of Americans.<br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 am

YES! Good god....please help others see this. I'm tired of people thinking I'm nuts. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby greencrow0 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:34 am

Dreams End<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Re: "I'm tired of people thinking I'm nuts.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>I've been dealing with that for over three years now.<br><br>Our day will come....how sweet it will be.<br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby robertdreed » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:18 am

Woodward isn't "semi-retired", he's written three books in the last 4 or 5 years.<br><br>He wasn't a "high-ranking" Navy officer, either. He was in for 4 years after Naval ROTC, his rank was Lieutenant or Ensign. Those are the lower ranks. <br><br>Granted, he was a communications officer, likely ONI. <br><br>I think Woodward's a Regular Establishment Clown, overrated in his oft-touted status as America's pre-eminent investigative journalist. But I don't view him as part of some Grand Unified Intelligence Conspiracy that makes and breaks the political leadership of this country. <br><br>His latest book is simply continuing the Beltway Liberal Conventional Wisdom explaining away of Bush's policies as "failures" due to "incompetence", inexplicable in terms other than "denial" and "stubbornness."<br><br>Au contraire. I think the Bush-Rumsfeld Doctrine is succeeding quite according to plan in many respects, notwithstanding growing public antipathy. They're setting up the conditions for the militarization of a generation, for theatre-wide conflicts, occupation of foreign nations, and the repression of any prospective draft resistance movement as "providing material support for terrorism."<br><br>Woodward's book isn't going to tank the Bush presidency. No single journalist wields sufficient power to do that. Woodward is held in high esteem mostly by traditional Democrats and liberals. The Bush regime can simply dismiss anything he says as a partisan attack by a member of the liberal elite news media- which they're already doing. <br><br>The only way I can conceive of any single high-profile personality in the news media possibly changing the minds of any substantial number of the Bush followers would be if they themselves were a former Bush supporter, suddenly defecting from the ranks. <br><br>If, say, George Will had a moment of clarity one late night after perusing the works of Thomas Jefferson, and thereafter wrote columns denouncing Bush and his minions as a menace to every founding principle of American liberty, that might conceivably be a watershed moment helping to usher in a change of leadership and a change of political course in this country. <br><br>But Bob Woodward, writing a mildly critical book excusing the actions of a protofascist regime of will-to-power militarists as "denial"? Nah.<br><br>For that matter, I wonder if even an event like George Will doing a 180 on Bush would make much of a difference. <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 9/30/06 12:24 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:22 am

We certainly agree that the content of the book looks to be the limitedest of limited hangouts.<br><br>But there are too many other signs. There's a changing of the guard coming. If not by elections, then....... <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby robertdreed » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:37 am

a Latin-American style military coup? fuggedaboudit.<br><br>I don't see anyone on the Joint Chiefs of Staff as being anywhere but squarely in the center of the phalanx of the Bush Team. I think they've all been carefully pre-selected for hatpin-through-the-frontal-lobes loyalty to the Commander-In-Chief, and they're able to talk themselves into thinking that any problem is a nail, if only they can hammer hard enough with the world's biggest hammer. <br><br>The usual situation in the militaries of coup-happy nations is that there's politicization and factionalism. For better or worse, the usual situation for the top ranks of the American military is fealty to the chief executive, and a predisposition to "have a job to do." For all of the fearsome power they have to order armies around, they have no more desire to turn on the president than the hounds have to turn on Mr. Burns, in <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Simpsons</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->.<br><br>The typical pattern for dissatisfied military people in this country- - and there are all too few of them at this point, I think- is to resign, not to form cliques and orders barracks revolts. <br><br>Man, living on the East Coast is really bringing me down. I can tell how many people are browbeat, from not having a positive alternative paradigm to draw energy from. People are really suffering out here for their patronizing dismissal of the Sixties. In Northern California, that energy still infuses things- to the point where people take it for granted, I realize in retrospect. Out there, it's natural to be casual and open-hearted and mellow. <br><br>Here in D.C., the quiet desperation is palpable. It's like what I used to imagine Eastern Europe was like, only with more Stuff, and abysmal, claustrophobic traffic...what sort of culture would do this to themselves? An inertial one, running on empty, relying on Fear to sustain its drive, repressing and suppressing anything that speaks to Transcendent Novelty. Which is, evidently, just another thing to be Feared.<br><br>The prevailing social zeitgeist hereabouts looks really grim to me. For instance, I've noticed how many of the officially issued "school spirit" t-shirts and other garb worn by the high school kids utilize militaristic symbolism and sloganeering. It looks so...commie, to me. <br><br>But I digress...<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 9/30/06 2:00 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Re: ...

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:46 am

This one is CIA led. But the means may not be so overt as a coup. I don't think it will be via elections unless more major stories surface...I think it's about laying groundwork for the future action...whatever it might be. <br><br>It's been in the pipeline since 9/11 if not before. We could sit here and debate, but events will show whether this is correct or not, pretty soon.<br><br>And luckily, the anti-war movement has all kinds of CIA guys leading the charge, so no one gets confused and thinks THEY might be the bad guys. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby robertdreed » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:50 am

Who do you think runs the CIA, Dream's End? I mean, who do you think <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>really</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> runs the agency? <br><br>You make it sound as if that's where the real power center in Washington is...so who are they? Do you at least have a list of suspects, with names and addresses? <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:57 am

Yeah, I had their addresses, but you know...I got busy....had to get the laundry done...forgot to check my pockets. Careless, really.<br><br>If I remember history, they USED to work for, among others, United Fruit and ITT. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:59 am

Reagan would have to rise from the dead and disown Bush to shake his backwash base of Fox News watchers. <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby robertdreed » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:59 am

"Yeah, I had their addresses, but you know...I got busy....had to get the laundry done...forgot to check my pockets. Careless, really.<br><br>If I remember history, they USED to work for, among others, United Fruit and ITT."<br><br>That's the answer that I thought I'd get. The books that you're referencing are at least 30 years out of date. I know that because I've read them. You need a wider reading list.<br><br>And, much as I loath the place, I recommend the educational experience of living in DC for a while, long enough to make the acquaintance of a few of the people who actually work in the Federal government, including the military and intelligence communities. If you did that, I think you could put a human face on some of the people tagged "CIA" or "Army officer" as if those were Demonic Labels that admitted no more chance of further assessment or communication. You might also get an appreciation of the fact that Federal agencies, even those invested with coercive State power, are considerably more disorganized mess than grand unified conspiracy. <br><br>Huge disorganized bureaucracies can be exploited for nefarious purposes without all of their members having horns and pitchforks. It is in fact much easier for the Executive Capstone to exploit pyramidal bureaucracies than it is for such bureaucracies to run the Executive Capstone. <br><br>Not that the GS-level career government non-political hirees in agencies like the CIA are powerless...but such power as they're able to wield typically takes the form of decentralized passive-aggressive tactics of resistance, spanners in the works and such. Or more overt acts, like whistleblowing. And considering the people handing them assignments these days, I say, good on them. We need more of that. <br><br>But I find scant evidence that some rival faction of covert intelligence plotters has the ability to manipulate the power of the CIA to depose George Bush, Junior, and ensure the ascension of their chosen successor. The CIA is for the most part a bureaucratic agency staffed largely by analysts, translators, and linguists who know that they're stuck working for Rumsfeld and Rice and Bush and Cheney, not a cadre of psychological warriors in service to their unknown superiors.<br><br>And not every revolt of the guards necessarily entails a coup de'tat. <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 9/30/06 1:58 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Reused joke

Postby jingofever » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:32 am

Come on DE, I demand fresh material.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=5718.topic&index=4">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...ic&index=4</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Essentially the same joke.<br>I'm only here for the jokes. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Next

Return to Deep Politics