A day of mass resistance

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A day of mass resistance

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:07 pm

Still not sure what they are proposing...at this point any resistance is better than just letting them keep on raping our constitution and our rights...Anybody else get this e-mail?<br><br><br><br>Announcing a Day of Mass Resistance:<br>OCTOBER 5, 2006<br><br><br>BRING THIS TO A HALT!<br>YOUR GOVERNMENT, on the basis of outrageous lies, is waging a murderous and utterly illegitimate war in Iraq, with other countries in their sights.<br>YOUR GOVERNMENT is openly torturing people, and justifying it.<br>YOUR GOVERNMENT puts people in jail on the merest suspicion, refusing them lawyers, and either holding them indefinitely or deporting them in the dead of night.<br>YOUR GOVERNMENT is moving each day closer to a theocracy, where a narrow and hateful brand of Christian fundamentalism will rule.<br><br><br>YOUR GOVERNMENT suppresses the science that doesn't fit its religious, political and economic agenda, forcing present and future generations to pay a terrible price.<br><br><br>YOUR GOVERNMENT is moving to deny women here, and all over the world, the right to birth control and abortion.<br><br><br>YOUR GOVERNMENT enforces a culture of greed, bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. <br><br><br>People look at all this and think of Hitler - and they are right to do so. The Bush regime is setting out to radically remake society very quickly, in a fascist way, and for generations to come.<br><br><br>We must act now; the future is in the balance.<br><br><br>Millions and millions are deeply disturbed and outraged by this. They recognize the need for a vehicle to express this outrage, yet they cannot find it; politics as usual cannot meet the enormity of the challenge, and people sense this. There is not going to be some magical "pendulum swing." People who steal elections and believe they're on a "mission from God" will not go without a fight. There is not going to be some savior from the Democratic Party. This whole idea of putting our hopes and energies into "leaders" who tell us to seek common ground with fascists and religious fanatics is proving every day to be a disaster, and actually serves to demobilize people.<br><br><br>But silence and paralysis are NOT acceptable. That which you will not resist and mobilize to stop, you will learn - or be forced - to accept. There is no escaping it: the whole disastrous course of this Bush regime must be STOPPED. And we must take the responsibility to do it. And there is a way. We are talking about something on a scale that can really make a huge change in this country and in the world. We need more than fighting Bush's outrages one at a time, constantly losing ground to the whole onslaught. We must, and can, aim to create a political situation where the Bush regime's program is repudiated, where Bush himself is driven from office, and where the whole direction he has been taking society is reversed. We, in our millions, must and can take responsibility to change the course of history. Acting in this way, we join with and give support and heart to people all over the globe who so urgently need and want this regime to be stopped.<br><br><br>This will not be easy. If we speak the truth, they will try to silence us. If we act, they will try to stop us. But we speak for the majority, here and around the world, and as we get this going we are going to reach out to the people who have been so badly fooled by Bush and we are NOT going to stop. The point is this: history is full of examples where people who had right on their side fought against tremendous odds and were victorious. And it is also full of examples of people passively hoping to wait it out, only to get swallowed up by a horror beyond what they ever imagined.<br><br><br>The future is unwritten. WHICH ONE WE GET IS UP TO US.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.worldcantwait.org/">www.worldcantwait.org/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>We are obliged at this time to struggle, with all the Powers with which the Constitution hath furnished us, in Defence of our Rights; to prevent the most valuable of our Liberties from being wrested from us, by the subtle Machinations, and daring Encroachments of wicked Ministers. - Sam Adams 1771<br>-- <br>NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. <br>= <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: A day of mass resistance

Postby 4911 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:27 pm

NOTICE: You have no recourse nor protection save to obey or be liquidated following extensive torture and soul ferreting.<br><br>PS. dont worry, YOUR president will not label it torture. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=4911>4911</A> at: 9/28/06 5:28 pm<br></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Weird synchronicity

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:46 am

I went to the protest tonight in Dallas at Dealy Plaza. About 60 people showed up. Most people driving by gave the thumbs up or a peace sign for what that's worth. A couple of bored cops standing around. Not too exciting. <br><br>About an hour later after getting a bite to eat I'm driving home. I notice a police car. It says police on the back, but as I'm driving along beside it I notice the word "Federal" and then "Homeland Security." I've never seen one of these before. I don't think that it necessarily had anything to do with the protest event, but it was strange that right after the protest I see my first one of these. Not a good omen! <p></p><i></i>
robotilt

Re: Weird synchronicity

Postby elfismiles » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:12 pm

I attended the World Can't Wait protest here in Austin.<br><br>Should be posting my pics online soon at www.elfis.net<br><br>There were perhaps 100 to 150 (maybe 200) folks - LOTS of 911 activists - many folks with cameras but I saw NO MSM and have heard of only minimal news coverage.<br><br>miles <p></p><i></i>
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby postrchild » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:23 pm

well miles I have been protesting here in Austin but decided NOT to attend yesterday's rally.....all those people with cameras.....were CIA plants taking pics and listing names. The movement is dead here, as it is everywhere but NY. <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Postby postrchild » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:31 pm

and to respond to ROBOTILT....yes I too saw an odd official car yesterday. I am familiar with all the different police forces here in Austin...APD, UT, St Eds, etc.. But yesterday I saw a car marked "PUBLIC SAFETY" but it was an APD uniform. So is this an attempt to federalize local PD's? As you know Texas has the Dept of Public Safety which are the highway patrol. The car in question was marked as I have never seen and APD car or any forces' car marked like that. Plus have you (ELFISMILES) seen the rash of unmarked APD cars on the street that appear unmarked unless hit on the side of the car by direct light....it says (POLICE or MARSHALL) but otherwise completely solid in color...even missing the reflective red/white strip across the back. I think they still have "exempt" plates though...... <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

dead movement

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:25 pm

"The movement is dead here, as it is everywhere but NY."<br><br>I'm a little surprised to hear that about Austin.<br><br>It's hardly a movement, but when Alex Jones was in Dallas about a month ago, the theater (of several hundred) was filled and they were turning people away at the door. Which was pretty good for Dallas. I'm not a big Alex Jones fan, but I think he works on a certain demographic. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robotilt>robotilt</A> at: 10/6/06 12:26 pm<br></i>
robotilt

Re: dead movement

Postby postrchild » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm

yeah Alex is good, but here he has kinda painted himself as a loon......he used to broadcast on Austin Access TV. With the other crackpot programs they broadcast it was just a bad place for him to start out. So in Austin he is labeled a crackpot by the people who know about him, but dont subscribe to his views. I must admit he has gotten alot more professional in the past yrs but before 911 people really thought he was crazy, and it was a stigma to even admit you listened to him much less believed the stuff he was spouting.<br>But around here, I think everyone is jaded to some extent. We have seen too many progressive movement suffocated into marginalization. Protesting on a mass scale does no good here or anywhere else in America. They don't listen anymore. They just look out of their cushy offices upon the throngs and say "damn peasants. When will they learn?" <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Return to Deep Politics