a creepy feeling....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

a creepy feeling....

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:07 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this feeling. These little media fiestas such as Foley and "Plamegate" etc are just the pressure valves on our tightly controlled "managed percetions" which by participating in we can feel that something significant and "truthful" and "meaningful" is at last moving forward? In the meantime the most horrible lies (9-11, fascist/policestate, constitution gutteted, etc) go happily forward steamdriving the monsterous engine now known as the US (us?) we let off steam with a little harmless truthing, and go on killing, lieing, raping, bombing, irradiating, trashing the air,water and soil. The experts running our media have the pressure control thing down to a science, I think... <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: a creepy feeling....

Postby sunny » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:12 pm

xymphora, as usual, takes the most conspiratorial view of this situation:<br><br>Thursday, October 05, 2006<br>Put down the champagne for a while<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://xymphora.blogspot.com/2006/10/put-down-champagne-for-while.html">xymphora.blogspot.com/200...while.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The most interesting part:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Rice and Hadley received a detailed warning from Tenet on July 10, 2001 concerning an imminent al Qaeda attack on targets which could include those within the United States (the first time this story came out, from Time, the warning was supposed to emphasize overseas attacks), and Rumsfeld and Ashcroft received the same briefing within a week. Although Ashcroft denies receiving such a briefing, The Mahablog notes that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>it explains his refusal to fly commercial domestic flights starting in July,</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> an unexplained anomaly before we heard the real details about this Tenet briefing. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sunny » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:54 pm

Here is that Smoking Mirrors guy: <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://smokingmirrors.blogspot.com/">smokingmirrors.blogspot.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>What puzzles me is, since it’s an observable fact that the media- regardless of any and all opinions to the contrary, is in the republican neo-cons hip pocket… why would they be all over this when it’s a given that they print only what they want to print; only what their masters tell them to? Their zeal at this juncture is highly suspicious. It’s as if the whores on the corner suddenly found Jesus and started doing rap gospel instead of selling their ass.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Read the rest. It's great. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:37 pm

Thanks that was interesting. Of special note is this guys reference to "put options" massive ones for OCT 6. How could this be verified? I suppose it must be public knowledge. Sounds like disinfo? <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby DireStrike » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:42 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.cryptogon.com/" target="top">Cryptogon</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> has many posts on the put options. The writer's an ex-trader and goes into some of the lingo a little over my head:<br><br>Another Dow Record <br><br><br>Remember the Dow Diamonds options story from yesterday? With 11.95 times the number of out of the money puts to calls?<br><br>I created a little tool that automatically does the calculations for me on the Diamonds. When I ran it today, I was sure that the thing was broken, so I did the math by hand. Nope, the thing wasn't broken. It was correct.<br><br>From today's option action on DIAMONDS Trust, Series 1 (DIA):<br>Open Interest in Out of the Money PUT OPTIONS, Expire at Close Fri, Oct 20, 2006:<br>200659<br><br>Open Interest in Out of the Money CALL OPTIONS, Expire at Close Fri, Oct 20, 2006:<br>10460<br>200659 puts / 10460 calls = <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>19.18 times more puts vs. calls.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> [Author's bold formatting]<br><br>This is one of those short squeezes where you just stand back, look at the thing in awe and mumble to yourself.<br><br><br><br>I'm terribly frightened living in New York. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I'm far enough away from any potential epicenter of an "october surprise." Maybe I should go visit grandmama this weekend. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=direstrike>DireStrike</A> at: 10/5/06 12:43 pm<br></i>
DireStrike

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:42 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It’s as if the whores on the corner suddenly found Jesus and started doing rap gospel instead of selling their ass.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>:lol <br><br>Seems to me there is a sort of steganographic system whereby the pack waits for cues from leaders about what is fair game, who is in or out, etc.<br><br>And the sign that Repubs are to be tempered with more Blue team is being acted on.<br><br>But no one is willing to speak the truth of 9/11 as an inside job so the cover story is being reinforced at the same time the incompetence meme is being used to knock down some neocons and take some Repubs out of Congress at the same time.<br>(Accomplishing several goals at once is how psycho-political events are made both effective and hard to discern as such because the sum is greater than the parts.)<br><br>I think this is why Gore first capitulated immediately in 2000 and then took the message that the ball was still in the air to hang tough waiting for the spook system to battle it out to see if he might be installed by those running the National inSecurity State theater for us kids.<br><br>I think this is why Kerry immediately capitulated in 2004 since he knows that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the Pope is chosen, not elected</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. Plus the Pentagon pressure to stand down because they were poised to put out 'the insurgent fire' in Fallujah lest their whole Iraq house of cards burn down. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hughmanateewins>Hugh Manatee Wins</A> at: 10/5/06 12:45 pm<br></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks Dire, when I get more time I'm going to look those over. Maybe I'll try and make a few bucks too!! <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: xymphora

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Ever since I saw xymphor wax eloquent in support the official 9-11 version of the towers collapse, I have put it in there with Greg Szyminski. Something stinks. Especially the mindless drivel about how we will have honest elections restored in 2008. Right. Maybe the toothfairy will bite Bushco and they will get rabies sounds more likely to me... <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: xymphora

Postby dbeach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:24 pm

all these gates from foley to plame to the next cover the illegal criminal activities of the DC privleged pols...brief glimpses are allowed into their cesspool but are soon closed via the MM on cue distraction tactics..<br><br>next will be a major sports or entertainmet figure getting busted for dope or some sexcapade<br><br>meanwhile back at the criminal ranch the bushies have pretty much eliminated the justice sytem and what lil powers were left in the now extinct US Constitution are decided by the boy/god/king awoler secret society frat bro from Yale zoo <br><br><br><br>"Ashcroft Stopped Flying Right After CIA Warning"<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prisonplanet.com/articles/october2006/041006ashcroft.htm">prisonplanet.com/articles...hcroft.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"Ashcroft Stopped Flying Right After CIA Warning<br><br><br><br>A post at Daily Kos points out that former Attorney General John Ashcroft stopped flying commercial airplanes immediately after receiving the warning of an imminent attack from CIA director George Tenet.<br><br>"The White House is in full panic mode trying to find a way to spin the now-admitted fact that George Tenet did indeed brief Condi Rice on July 10, 2001 about the terror threat. The latest damage control approach has been to claim that the report was "nothing new".<br><br>So how come when then-Attorney General John Ashcroft heard the same warning a week later, he immediately stopped flying commercial aircraft? <br><br>***<br><br>July 17 -- Ashcroft briefed. July 28 -- Ashcroft flies in a charter, leased, according to the article, earlier that week.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml">www.cbsnews.com/stories/2...3601.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>(CBS) Fishing rod in hand, Attorney General John Ashcroft left on a weekend trip to Missouri Thursday afternoon aboard a chartered government jet, reports CBS News Correspondent Jim Stewart. <br><br>In response to inquiries from CBS News over why Ashcroft was traveling exclusively by leased jet aircraft instead of commercial airlines, the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term. <br><br>"There was a threat assessment and there are guidelines. He is acting under the guidelines," an FBI spokesman said. Neither the FBI nor the Justice Department, however, would identify what the threat was, when it was detected or who made it. <br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

cheney made an interesting remark today

Postby prophetlady » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:00 pm

He stated that he has no doubt that Rethugs will maintain control of both the House and the Senate.<br><br>Wonder just what makes him so sure . . . <p></p><i></i>
prophetlady

Xymphora almost as good as Bob W.

Postby rrapt » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Dark-b-Dawn:...I made the same decision on xymph a year or so ago as he doggedly hung onto a totally untenable position. The only reason for that: bend to reason and he gets crucified by his handlers. There is so MUCH of that going on...<br><br>On Cheney's comment - - He has always held, and stated, that position, probably because he "knows" he can't be defeated. Perhaps he is right; I reckon Dickie has a better feel for what is in the pipeline than any of us mortals do. There is a chance that he is too arrogant to see straight, but I fear that he is too smart for that, and that he is guided and reassured by HIS handlers. Lets hope they crash sooner rather than later, but that idle dream has been around for years now. <p></p><i></i>
rrapt

Re: Xymphora almost as good as Bob W.

Postby dbeach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 pm

cheney dropped out of Yale.. transferred to U WY and kept his student deferrments ?<br><br>he faked his way through 3 semesters at Yale bragging he passed his psyce course without ever attending class.<br><br>Rolling Stone did a big article about Mr Cheny a few yrs ago he is ever bit the charlaten that is Kerry or jr .<br>kerry is another C yale student<br><br>Cheny has the appearance of calm [ even though he has had 2 heart attacks} and speaks very authoritively on subjects but he a serial liar and not so bright .<br>ARROGANCE becomes him yes and MAYBE that arrogance will betray him<br><br><br>they all have clever script writers<br><br>"Is it you or just a brilliant disguise" B. Springstein <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Re: Xymphora almost as good as Bob W.

Postby dugoboy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:31 pm

cheney would say that because reality doesn't matter now. there is an election in 4 weeks so they'll say whatever it takes. or he may have been hinting at something? <p>___________________________________________<br>"BushCo aren't incompetent...they are Complicit!" -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell<br><br>"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always." -Mahatma Gandhi</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Postby DireStrike » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:32 pm

People like Cheney are hardly worth paying attention to now. There is almost no way to extract any useful information from anything that they say, or the fact that they speak on a certain topic at a certain time, or in a certain manner...<br><br>Flip a coin, heads its true, tails its a lie. If the coin was silver colored, it was calculated disinfo or deception. ...Or not. <p></p><i></i>
DireStrike

Gore WHAT????

Postby Seventhsonjr » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:34 pm

Hugh -<br><br>Not to get into a flamefest or anything, but you make the following comment which I cannot let pass (altho I know it is just an opinion it sounds like a talking point) without objecting.<br><br>You say:<br><br>"<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I think this is why Gore first capitulated immediately in 2000 and then took the message that the ball was still in the air to hang tough waiting for the spook system to battle it out to see if he might be installed by those running the National inSecurity State theater for us kids.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>WTF, man?<br><br>Gore capitulated immediately? I don't recall it that way. I do seem to remember that when it look like a sure thing that he had lost he called Bush and congratulated him, but minutes later he called back and that is when he made the famous comment to Bush about not getting snippy.<br><br>But on what basis do you presume to think:<br><br>1. That this was anything but genuine good diplomacy with a sincere belief that the people had spoken (as reported by the MSM and as officially determined more or less by the results)? and<br>2. Why in the F*ck do you believe or opine or imply or specifically represent that Gore may have been awaiting his "marching orders" from the BFEE "National INsecurity state theater"?<br><br>Your statement presupposes a belief that Gore is a puppet for the Bushzis.<br><br>That, my friend, is a lot of hooey...<br><br>and I think you know it.<br><br>Please do me a favor and do not insult our intelligence with such drivel unless you just want to come right out and say that Gore is a Bushbot puppetboy.<br><br>I agree completely that Kerry the Bones"man" is, sworn to allegience.<br><br>and the Clintons are also an easy case to make due to the iran-contra-mena arkansas-Stephens-Bush connections when Clinton was guv. (google Clinton cocaine, Bush and Mena if you have any doubts and then google "Stephens Group", Clinton, and Bush (and ad wes clark to the mix too as he went straight from the military to Stephens in Arkansas before his socalled presidential run)<br><br>But Gore?<br><br>There is NOT ONE IOTA of evidence that Gore owes ANY allegiance or is sold out in and way to the Bushnazis in power today. Any presumption or assertion of such is totally bogus and irresponsible and sickening and manipulative.<br><br>Not ONE iota that Gore is a sellout.<br><br>name one damn thing if you feel like defending your position here, Hughie.<br><br>C'Mon<br><br>And peace and love to all,<br><br>seventhson<br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seventhsonjr>Seventhsonjr</A> at: 10/5/06 8:39 pm<br></i>
Seventhsonjr

Next

Return to Deep Politics