Jeb "blew them a kiss"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jeb "blew them a kiss"

Postby rain » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:19 am

Jeb Bush gets rude welcome<br>Police disperse angry protesters in Downtown T-station<br>Saturday, October 07, 2006<br><br>By Ervin Dyer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette<br><br>Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, in town for a fund-raiser for Sen. Rick Santorum, had a close encounter with a large group of anti-Republican protesters as he was making his way to the Duquesne Club, Downtown.<br><br>It was about 4:15 yesterday when Mr. Bush met up with the protesters near the corner of Liberty and Sixth avenues. The protesters were marching to join other pickets already gathered in front of the exclusive club, a little more than a block away at 325 Sixth Ave. <br><br>Protesters said Gov. Bush blew them a kiss, acknowledging the crowd of about 30 chanting pickets that was made up of United Steelworkers and members of Uprise Counter Recruitment, a tour traveling through 22 cities to support anti-war efforts.<br><br>The protesters came closer.<br><br>"Jeb, go home," they shouted.<br><br>Mr. Bush, accompanied by a security guard and a female aide, made a slow retreat toward the T-station at Wood Street.<br><br>"He was quickly getting out of the way and not wanting to engage us," said Jon Vandenburgh, one of the protesters, who also is a researcher for the United Steelworkers.<br><br>Once in the subway station, Mr. Bush scurried to the escalators and descended to the mezzanine level, Mr. Vandenburgh said.<br><br>By now, Mr. Bush was cornered. He was surrounded by signs that said "Pittsburgh is a Santorum Free Zone," "Honk if you're sick of Rick," and a crowd growing increasingly louder, according to Mr. Vandenburgh .....<br> .....<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06280/728177-177.stm">www.postgazette.com/pg/06...77-177.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>via<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/">www.whatreallyhappened.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jeb "blew them a kiss"

Postby 4911 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:00 am

they treated him in quite a civil fashion, for a man with american blood on his hands. <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics