it's just that I was wondering where

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

it's just that I was wondering where

Postby rain » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:48 am

the pResident was of late, seemed almost noticable by his absense in all the 'pagegate' fracas..<br><br>Ahoy !<br><br>.......<br>Spraying the bubbles from sparkling wine across the enormous gray bow of the USS George H.W. Bush, the Bush family on Saturday christened the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier named after the 82-year-old former president. <br><br>.....<br><br>I know you join me in saying to our father, President Bush, your ship has come in,'' the current president said during a ceremony for the last of the Nimitz-class carriers, the CVN 77. <br><br>......<br><br>She is unrelenting, she is unshakable, she is unyielding, she is unstoppable,'' Bush said, lauding the warship's state-of-the-art design before pausing for a punch line aimed at his mother's well-known steely constitution. ``As a matter of fact, probably should have been named the Barbara Bush.'' <br>......<br><br>The christening ceremony was scheduled to be nearly two hours long, but deafening thunderclaps, lightning, wind and intermittent heavy rain left the speakers mostly abandoning their prepared remarks to merely introduce the next in line. <br>....<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,,-6133207,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/uslate...07,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>or as Rivero said,<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>For those who imagine a god or gods controlling the world, assume a message was being sent, along the lines of "What part of 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' do you NOT UNDERSTAND, brimstone bait?"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: it's just that I was wondering where

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:20 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The christening ceremony was scheduled to be nearly two hours long, but deafening thunderclaps, lightning, wind and intermittent heavy rain left the speakers mostly abandoning their prepared remarks to merely introduce the next in line.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://twm.co.nz/" target="top">Weather control</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> my fat foot.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics