South Park, Cato Institute, and Big Tobacco profits.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Southpark

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:02 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I recently watched the episode from season 10 called the Return of Chef. Chef is played by Scientologist Issac Hayes who left the show (I believe) because of an episode that ripped on Scientology.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Because Hollywood types have high visibility, their ability to speak on topics that matter is routinely sabotaged by making them out to be freaks of entertainment and distraction but no substance.<br><br>Witness the effect Charlie Sheen just had by speaking on 9/11 or Oliver Stone's movie 'JFK.'<br><br>So the South Park brats were allowed to target 'Hollywood Liberals' in Team America. <br><br>Could this year's anti-Hollywood messaging be routine anti-war pre-emptive discrediting? Or an accumulative campaign building up to the upcoming Nov. 17th release of a movie about RFK's last night alive called 'Bobby' and starring many big names?<br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MinM » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Hollywood 'paid fortune to smoke'

Tobacco firms paid huge amounts for endorsements from the stars of Hollywood's "Golden Age".
Industry documents released following anti-smoking lawsuits reveal the extent of the relationship between tobacco and movie studios.

One firm paid more than $3m in today's money in one year to stars.

Researchers writing in the Tobacco Control journal said "classic" films of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s still helped promote smoking today...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7632963.stm
Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Deep Politics