Fear the Penis

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: !

Postby DireStrike » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 pm

Yeah... It's still amazingly disgusting... it's just not quite license to cry FASCISM! yet...<br><br>It's amazing how they cavalierly cast aside pillars of law "just in a few special cases", like this:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>`(g) Geneva Conventions Not Establishing Source of Rights- No alien unlawful enemy combatant subject to trial by military commission under this chapter may invoke the Geneva Conventions as a source of rights.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>HUH?! You can't do that! Bastards.<br><br><br>I hope the salami slicer breaks down before it gets to me. "First they came for the alien unlawful enemy combatants..." <p></p><i></i>
DireStrike

Blog: View Blog (0)

It's bad enough though

Postby sln70 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:17 pm

that the act grants immunity to the Bush cabal all the way back to 9/11 AND that it gives the gov't the right to treat citizens as enemy combatants on the FLIMSIEST of cause.<br><br>I know its not the ENTIRE ball of wax, but it's damned close. <p></p><i></i>
sln70

Re: It's bad enough though

Postby sunny » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 pm

First of all, Bush has yet to sign the Bill, which is the result of a "compromise." <br><br>He probably did not like the fact that Americans citizens still have the writ of habeus corpus, slender as it is-after all, if he can disappear you after declaring you an enemy combatant, how long will it take to "produce the body?" (and what shape will your body, and mind, be in?)<br><br>What part of that bill will go by the wayside in Bushs' "signing statement?"<br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: earlier reference to 7/10 mtg. with Condi

Postby pepsified thinker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:02 pm

re 7/10 mtg. mentioned in the first posting of this thread--I've got a post on that: <br><br>"Re Woodward's bk: 3rd CIA at 7/10 mtg. w/ Rice?"<br><br>It's further down the topic list. (nest page from this one). I'd have posted it on this thread if (I'd seen) this one posted before mine. <br><br>I'm glad if we get back to the Woodward-bk-related issues. <p></p><i></i>
pepsified thinker

Re: Fear the Penis

Postby yesferatu » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:15 pm

Thanks, sunny. That was terrific! <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Re: non-citizens

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:26 pm

I think the (un)Patriot Act allows the revocation of citizenship.<br>It might've been in (un)Patriot II.<br><br>All the pieces of the fascist jigsaw puzzle are there waiting for a corner piece. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Previous

Return to Deep Politics