RA Oz priests to be extradited to NZ

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

RA Oz priests to be extradited to NZ

Postby biaothanatoi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:29 am

Some background - Up to 70 men were granted $4 million in compensation from the Catholic Church earlier this year after alleging ritual and sexual abuse at a Christian Brothers school in Christchurch, New Zealand, from the 60s to the early 80s.<br><br>One priest has been jailed and two others were charged ... but they were in Australia, and an Australian judge refused to extradite them on the basis that they couldn't be assured a fair trial in New Zealand (???). The Federal Court has just thrown that out and reaffirmed an initial extradition order.<br><br>Priests to face child sex charges<br>October 5, 2006<br>AAP<br><br>AdvertisementTwo Catholic clergymen should be extradited to New Zealand to face child sex charges, the Federal Court ruled today.<br><br>Rodger William Moloney and Raymond John Garchow are alleged to have committed sexual offences against young boys in New Zealand between 1971 and 1980.<br><br>A NSW local court magistrate last year ordered the extradition to New Zealand, but the pair successfully appealed against that decision in the Federal Court.<br><br>In April this year, Justice Rodney Madgwick accepted their arguments that, because of the length of time that had elapsed since the alleged offences, it would be unjust to surrender them to New Zealand.<br><br>But the full court of the Federal Court today overturned that decision, confirming the magistrate's extradition order.<br><br>AAP <p></p><i></i>
biaothanatoi

Blog: View Blog (0)

fair trial

Postby blanc » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:01 am

good. victims have a life sentence, no amnesty for abusers. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Re: fair trial

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:09 am

Extradition to NZ???<br><br>Good luck, its hard enough to get the Kiwis to go back there.<br><br>BTW What about the Solomon Islands guy Bio? Any thoughts? <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality