Top evangelical denies gay affair (Denver)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: To Haggard's Credit

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:30 pm

All I can hope for is that this experience will give his congregation a little humility and compassion and not so much self-righteousness. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: To Haggard's Credit

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 pm

Well said and agreed. <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Re: coincidence?

Postby James Redford » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 pm

chiggerbit wrote:<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Come on I mean really...a guy who's been selling his ass for years suddenly gets a consience.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I didn't say he "got a conscience", I said it's possible that he developed feelings. And if I'm right, maybe those feelings caused him to feel angry when he discoved what Haggard stood for. Or maybe there were no feelings except the anger when he found out. Prostitution is a complex "occupation", involving the many facets of using others and allowing oneself to be used. This may have to do with the fact that majority were victims of sexual abuse as minors. I'm not sure that I understand it, but I'm not so naive as to believe that only the sinless are entitled to feelings. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 11/6/06 2:11 pm<br></i>

What does being a prostitute have to do with not having a conscience? Prostitution is honest work.
Author of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), Dec. 4, 2011 (orig. pub. Dec. 19, 2001), doi:10.2139/ssrn.1337761, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761
James Redford

???

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:31 pm

Emmm, since you quoted me, and then made your statement, I'm not sure you got my point.

Actually, I'm feeling a bit sorry for all of them. Haggard is reminding me very much of Clinton, with his "I did NOT have sex with that woman" statement. Let's face it--their first instinct is to lie. It's what happens after the initial lie that interests me. It feels like Haggard is hating himjself for his lies and the impact of lies on his man, and on his own wife and his family. There's an honesty now that I can respect. I never got that feeling about Clinton--he is too self-absorbed to feel anything for his sex partner.

But my post was never meant to diss Haggard's lover. Had I been in his "shoes", I would have done the same thing.
chiggerbit

Previous

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality