French threaten to open fire on Israeli warplanes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

French threaten to open fire on Israeli warplanes

Postby sunny » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:00 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/775564.htm">www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/775564.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The commanders of the French contingent in UNIFIL (United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon) have warned that if Israeli warplanes continue their overflights in Lebanon, they may have to open fire on them, Defense Minister Amir Peretz told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee yesterday. <br><br>Peretz told members of the committee that despite the warnings, Israel would continue to patrol the skies of Lebanon as such operations were critical for the country's security. Over the past few days, Peretz said, Israel had gathered clear evidence that Syria was transfering arms and ammunition to Lebanon, meaning that the embargo imposed by UN Resolution 1701 was not being completely enforced.<br> <br>Israel plans to inform the joint committee of representatives of UNIFIL, the Israel Defense Forces and the Lebanese Army that unless the arms transfers are stopped, Israel will be forced to take independent action, Peretz said. <br><br>Turning to the situation in the Gaza Strip, Peretz said that Israel could under no circumstances allow the Strip to be turned into a second South Lebanon. According to Peretz, the time when Israel used to check who was sending every missile is over, and the IDF is intent on striking at every terrorist no matter what organization he belongs to. <br><br>The defense minister said that the current ground operations underway in the Gaza Strip were much more extensive than before. But, he said, "No one is hankering for ground action deep inside the entire Gaza Strip." <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

There is of course a simple solution.

Postby slimmouse » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:09 pm

<br><br> A simple solution is at hand.<br><br> Surrender all territory within the West Bank. <br><br> Share Jerusalem.<br><br> Open Palestinian borders on Gaza , and leave these people the fuck alone.<br><br> But like some kinda Schizophrenic big WHITE cat, this is impossible for the Ayryan colonialists. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: French threaten to open fire on Israeli warplanes

Postby anotherdrew » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:23 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Israel had gathered clear evidence that Syria was transfering arms and ammunition to Lebanon"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>so you can tell what's in a truck from 30,000 feet?<br>Couldn't possibly be reflief supplies could it? Did they notify UNIFIL of the shipments so they could be inspected? Of course not, where would the fun be in that. <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Middle East