Robert Anton Wilson is/was on deathbead

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Robert Anton Wilson is/was on deathbead

Postby jingofever » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:06 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-krassner/robert-anton-wilson_b_23608.html">www.huffingtonpost.com/pa...23608.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>My friend Bob Wilson--the prolific writer who has been balancing for decades on the cusp of cult following and mainstream awareness--has recently been on his deathbead, surrounded by family and hospice workers in what were his final days, but he suddenly seemed to be changing his mind.<br><br>On June 19, he sent this haiku with one syllable missing:<br><br>Well what do you know?<br>Another day had passed<br>and I'm still not not.<br><br>And then, on June 21, he e-mailed this message:<br><br>Surprise!<br>I'm still alive<br>and doing business on ebay.<br><br>Even if you're not a fan of Wilson's work, it's worth checking this out -- if only to be delighted by (to quote from a Forest Lawn Cemetery billboard) the way he's NOT "going out in style."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Robert Anton Wilson is/was on deathbead

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:17 pm

I have nothing but love for Robert Anton Wilson. <br><br>Hope he pulls through, so I can meet him in person! <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Re: Robert Anton Wilson is/was on deathbead

Postby professorpan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:28 pm

He was once the "victim" of a hoax saying he was dead.<br><br>He also hit on my girlfriend at the first Disinfo Conference in NYC several years ago. He asked her if she'd ever appeared in Playboy -- probably one of his standard lines.<br><br>It was RAW, after all, so I couldn't be angry ;-)<br><br>I do hope he pulls through, if indeed he's truly ill. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness