the truth ala the x-files

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

the truth ala the x-files

Postby dugoboy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:13 pm

here are 3 excerpts from the last episode of the x-files called 'the truth part 2':<br><br>CSM = Cigarrete Smoking Man<br>1. ------------------------------------------------<br><br>CSM: My story's scared every president since Truman in '47. <br><br>MULDER (to SCULLY): You don't have to hear this. <br><br>SCULLY: No, I want to hear it, Mulder. <br><br>CSM: Ten centuries ago the Mayans were so afraid that their calendar stopped on the exact date that my story begins. December 22, the year 2012. The date of the final alien invasion. Mulder can confirm the date. He saw it at Mount Weather ... ...where our own "Secret Government" will be hiding when it all comes down. <br><br>(SCULLY looks at MULDER. He doesn't take his eyes off of CSM. CSM has a wild glint in his eye - almost a crazed look.) <br><br>MULDER: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Yeah, you smile ... feeling drunk with power.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The power to do nothing. <br><br>CSM: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>My power comes from telling you. Seeing your powerlessness hearing it.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They wanted to kill you, Fox. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I protected you all these years ... waiting for this moment ... to see you broken. Afraid.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(MULDER lifts his head and schools his features to reveal nothing.) <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>CSM: Now you can die.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>2. ------------------------------------------------<br>now this is a few minutes later after the agents evacuate, as the helicopters roar in. note the symbolism of addiction and emoleration.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>(CSM sits inside his final "refuge", a cigarette in his hand.)</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(The pueblos explode with each missile fired. The ancient stones crumble to the ground. Fire burns what little there is to burn.) <br><br>(The black helicopters swing around and hover just outside the old Indian Woman's windows. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>A dreamcatcher hangs from the window with the black helicopter in its sites.)</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>(Another missile is fired and another portion of the ruins destroyed.) <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>(Inside, CSM takes a last drag from his cigarette. He throws the remainder on the ground.)</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(Outside, in perfect positions, the black helicopter hovers. A final missile is fired finding its intended target. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The corridor and the cave fill with fire consuming the once-powerful man within.)</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(The pueblos explode. Missiles upon missiles are fired until the entire mountainside is decimated. Their mission complete, the helicopters turn around and fly off into the horizon.) <br><br>3. ------------------------------------------------<br>the final scene with mulder and scully:<br><br>SCENE 29 <br>ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO <br>(Night. Outside a motel room, it's raining. Thunder rumbles. ) <br><br>(Inside, MULDER is sitting on the floor, leaning back against the bed and his head resting back.) <br><br>SCULLY (o.s.): What are you thinking? <br><br>(MULDER is silent. Thoughtful.) <br><br>SCULLY: Mulder? <br><br>MULDER: I'm thinking ... I'm a guilty man. I've failed in every respect. I deserve the harshest punishment for my crimes. <br><br>SCULLY: (softly) You don't believe that. <br><br>(Mulder sighs.) <br><br>MULDER: I believe that I sat in a motel room like this with you when we first met and I tried to convince you of the truth. And in that respect, I succeeded, but ... in every other way ... <br><br>(MULDER turns to look at SCULLY) <br><br>MULDER: ... I've failed. <br><br>SCULLY: You don't believe that, either. <br><br>MULDER: Mmmm. <br><br>MULDER: I've been chasing after monsters with a butterfly net.<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> You heard the man - the date's set. I can't change that.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>SCULLY: You wouldn't tell me. Not because you were afraid or broken ....<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> but because you didn't want to accept defeat.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>MULDER: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Well, I was afraid of what knowing would do to you.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(MULDER turns to look at SCULLY and confesses one of his greatest fears.) <br><br>MULDER:<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> I was afraid that it would crush your spirit.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>SCULLY: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Why would I accept defeat? Why would I accept it, if you won't? Mulder, you say that you've failed but you only fail if you give up. And I know you -- you can't give up. It's what I saw in you when we first met. It's what made me follow you ... why I'd do it all over again.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>MULDER: And look what it's gotten you. <br><br>SCULLY: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>And what has it gotten you?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Not your sister. Nothing that you've set out for. But you won't give up, even now. <br><br>(SCULLY reaches out and takes hold of MULDER'S hand in a firm grip.) <br><br>SCULLY: You've always said that you want to believe. But believe in what Mulder? <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>If this is the truth that you've been looking for then what is left to believe in?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>MULDER: I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us. That they speak to us as part of something greater than us - <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>greater than any alien force.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to what's speaking, it can give us the power to save ourselves.</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>SCULLY: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Then we believe the same thing....</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(SCULLY watches MULDER intently . MULDER looks like he Believes. SCULLY smiles at MULDER. MULDER reaches over and lightly picks up SCULLY'S cross. He reaches up and caresses her lips.) <br><br>(MULDER gets off of the floor and settles himself in bed next to SCULLY. He wraps himself around her, so that they are now holding each other closely.) <br><br>MULDER: (whispers) <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Maybe there's hope.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>(FADE TO BLACK.) <br><br><br><br><br>THE *END*<br><br> <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dugoboy@rigorousintuition>dugoboy</A> at: 7/13/06 7:59 pm<br></i>
dugoboy

Blog: View Blog (0)

This is so strange

Postby Asta » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:12 pm

I just watched those scenes on Sci-Fi around 3 pm est and having tuned in after the CSM scenes, I was rather confused as to what was happening.<br><br>Wow. Thanks for your post! The episode takes on a whole new meaning for me now that I can read the script.<br><br>(Aside: Whenever I whistle the X-Files theme, my dogs go nuts howling. They only howl for that tune. Go figure.) <p></p><i></i>
Asta

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness