Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

9 Again

Postby JD » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Is the 9 a coincidence LOL? <p></p><i></i>
JD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 9 Again

Postby Dreams End » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:59 pm

actually, I've thought about why this is true and I don't have a good explanation. I may think about it for a bit. But the principal used to be used before the days of fancy calculators to check calculations.<br><br>Pan...what's your take on Angell? Do you agree that he "cheats" or are you even interested in that level of "spectacle" magic? <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Angel

Postby professorpan » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:00 pm

DE, I'm not much of a fan of Angel. The goth getup is hokey, and his attempt to be spooky just makes me laugh. <br><br>I prefer a more subdued style of performance, which I think comes across much stronger (e.g. Blaine, Derren Brown, and Mark Salem). My own performing persona is much more matter-of-fact -- I use a whiteboard, envelopes, markers, and the participants' own minds and bodies. I dress in jeans and a black t-shirt and jacket. No explosions, no tattoos, no eye makeup or platform boots. <br><br>And yet I still get the freaked-out screams for certain routines. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Re: Angel

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:26 pm

Yeah, but do you get all the oh-so-easy metal chicks who magically fall out of their clothes?<br><br>:P <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby NewKid » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:02 am

Brown's got some good ones. Imagine doing this one on a large scale. <br><br>(Or maybe someone already has! Mhwhahahahahahah!)<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwthqRJ1Khg&search=%22derren%20brown%22" target="top">www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwthqRJ1Khg&search=%22derren%20brown%22</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby NewKid » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:49 am

Maybe Derrin Brown has <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:gray;font-size:xx-small;">(vote for Mike Dewine)</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> gone into political <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:gray;font-size:xx-small;">(vote for Mike Dewine)</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> consulting?<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.911blogger.com/2006/07/mike-dewine-uses-doctored-911-video-in.html" target="top">www.911blogger.com/2006/07/mike-dewine-uses-doctored-911-video-in.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:gray;font-size:xx-small;">(vote for Mike Dewine)</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby professorpan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:04 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Yeah, but do you get all the oh-so-easy metal chicks who magically fall out of their clothes?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Hmmm. No. Maybe I should reevaluate my performing style... <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Previous

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness