Strange light in the Texas sky...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Strange light in the Texas sky...

Postby dqueue » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:15 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5230270&nav=menu73_2_22">Here's a story</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> out of Texas about a fireball streaking across the sky. There are a number of comments that follow the below the story... kinda interesting. It may have been space junk... possibly a meteor rock... who knows. Lots of witnesses, apparently. <p></p><i></i>
dqueue

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Strange light in the Texas sky...

Postby 4911 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

"If I jumped everytime a light went off around here, Id end up talking to myself."<br><br>-Leonard J. McCoy <p></p><i></i>

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:46 pm

Lotsa debris in orbit that's allowed to come down and burn up in the atmosphere. Bolides are relatively rare, but they do happen, and their high visibility makes them singular events. I was hanging out in a club down in Miami years back and saw a bolide from the patio that was pretty amazing. It burned bright green(oxygen), left a partially illuminated trail and a huge smoke trail behind it that persisted for several minutes. Ones that big have an excellent chance of landing, but the event witnessed is usually much more sensational than the object itself. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:11 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Scientists have found the first evidence that a devastating meteor impact in the Middle East might have triggered the mysterious collapse of civilisations more than 4,000 years ago.<br><br>"Studies of satellite images of southern Iraq have revealed a two-mile- wide circular depression which scientists say bears all the hallmarks of an impact crater. If confirmed, it would point to the Middle East being struck by a meteor with the violence equivalent to hundreds of nuclear bombs."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Much more at the essay "Independence Day" at<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/Laura-Knight-Jadczyk/column-lkj-04-07-03.htm">www.cassiopaea.org/cass/L...-07-03.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
PeterofLoneTree

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:38 pm

Around 1982-83, I saw a fireball up in the night sky, about 9 PM, right in the middle of my city. My Mom was driving me and my brother home and as we were driving down a city street, there it was, travelling across the sky. We stopped the car and got out to watch it. If you've never seen one of these before, go take a look at "Star Trek III" and pay attention to the scene where the Enterprise burns up in orbit. Mine looked exactly like that -- you could see the flames leaping off of it.<br><br>While it was a unique experience, the real paradigm shift wasn't from seeing the fireball. My Mom parked her car and we all got out to look at it, incredulous and saying things like "Wow!" and "Look at that!". What was really amazing is that there was a guy walking up the street towards us on the sidewalk, and not once did he stop and look over his shoulder. I mean, think about it: you're walking home or to the store and then this car that had been driving toward you pulls over and a Mom and 2 kids get out, looking up in the sky behind you and talking about seeing this fireball. The guy didn't stop once or look behind him.<br><br>That guy and his lack of interest sticks with me today. It serves as my real world example of how UFOs can be real and yet the world doesn't seem to care about them. Since that time that I saw the fireball I've twice seen UFOs, and by UFO I mean things that look like intelligently controlled aircraft doing impossible things, and possibly a third time just this year (I didn't see it long enough to make a decision as to if it's a UFO.) These strange things can fly right over our cities and no one notices them. Until people care enough to want answers, or until these things are right smack in our face so it's impossible to not notice them, the mystery will remain a mystery.<br><br>I don't believe for a second that the fireball that I saw was intelligently controlled or a craft. It was a piece of space debris, manmade or a rock, but it was defnitely cool to see.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness