Local high weirdness

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Local high weirdness

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:35 pm

You can right-click the word "Image" and chose view image, so it's kinda there, just not showing. Not sure why exactly. Adblocker maybe?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Another thing I learned about my local area was from my cousin. There were a couple of things he told me. He died in Dec of 2016, but when I visited him in the hospital he told me about our uncle who took him on hunting trips on the reserve. Uncle showed him a place where my cousin said there were these little cabins. I don't know how many. Our uncle told him they were from the time of the flu, I'm guessing the Spanish flu. There were these "little people" who died there. I think he said there were 4 or 5 of these cabins and that these little people all died there, their remains are still in those cabins. My uncle told him "never to go there". I think my uncle said they all died from the flu.

My cousin didn't describe what they looked like, only that they were "little". It reminded me of what my mom told me about these people seen around the reserve. They were called in Ojibway "People of the rocks", because whenever they were chased, they would disappear into the rocks. They were described as being small and having no nose with yellow skin. I don't know if they're the same as those who died in the cabins.

My cousin also told me of a cave entrance and when people look in there, they see what looks like steps. Constructed steps, not like natural formation. They describe seeing large spiders down there, the size of large dogs. He said shamans would go in there and do their rituals or get "stuff" from there. Again, he was told "never to go there". I don't know about that, I knew of where he was talking about, having been there in the past. Where ever this cave is, it must be well hidden.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm

That reminds me of the local fairies/elves, called Hulder. They're small and they live underground or inside the mountains. A common name for them is "dei underjordiske", literally "the subterraneans". Outside of Iceland hardly anyone believes in them any more, but local farmers still put out food and drink for them over the holidays to ward off bad luck.

There are still old places around here where you can almost feel their presence. One in particular that gave me goosebumps is across the fjord to a small place only accessible by boat. It has a small pebble beach, and if you go up a small hill there's a flat area of grass with a large, flat rock in the middle that looks suspiciously like an altar, and a circle of small trees around it. The rest of the area is overgrown, except for this one place.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 pm

I recall asking a co-worker at one of my former jobs about paranormal stuff where he lived because he lived relatively far from town. He just mentioned how one night they saw lights in the sky one night in their backyard when he was a teenager. The next day they went to look and saw a strange circle on the ground. He said every spring these flowers would grow only in the circle where the thing "landed".
Actually, I can't remember if he said "light" or if it was multiple "lights".
That place DrEvil mentioned triggered my memory of this.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Hello? Anyone still reading these subject forums? heh heh

Anyway, halloween just passed and it reminded me of a story my bro told me. It had to do with my ex-girlfriend. She was babysitting on a reserve in northern Ontario when she heard something out front. When she parted the curtain and peered outside the window, standing outside on the front porch was a centaur. The children she was watching saw it too and started screaming. She heard it's hooves clop on the wood of the porch and then it just took off into the bush.
You know it's funny I never asked her about it while we were dating. Unfortunately she died of cancer in 2019, so I can't ask her anything further about it.

There was also a story a former colleague of mine shared about his reserve. He said there were some people who would put out there fish nets and then find them tampered with when they lifted them. They decided to stake out one time to find out who was messing with their nets. They reportedly saw a small canoe with two small figures, they started to lift the net and take fish. These people were also in a canoe and started chasing them. They chased for a while when they saw the little people go into a rock face, they went in after them. When they went through they saw something incredible. My colleague said they saw what looked like another world. There was a small village with huts, and they just kept paddling along a river. When they went through what looked like an exit they came out and back into our world. They were too afraid to go back and find this entrance.

There's another former colleague who is from the same reserve and elders there say there is place west of the community near the Ontario-Manitoba border, to never go there. I don't know if these two things are related.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby LolaB » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 pm

^^ As far as I'm concerned all this is possible and true. We live in a multi-dimensional reality. It's full of wondrous magic, glitches and weird surprises.
I once met a mantis type alien after a Fullmoon ceremony in the hills of Topanga Canyon.
LolaB

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:12 pm

LolaB » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:15 am wrote:^^ As far as I'm concerned all this is possible and true. We live in a multi-dimensional reality. It's full of wondrous magic, glitches and weird surprises.
I once met a mantis type alien after a Fullmoon ceremony in the hills of Topanga Canyon.

Did you talk to it? Did it say anything?

I also wanted to mention I went back to work at my old workplace but in a different department. I monitor live broadcasts on the radio. I'm sit there till midnight and am the only one in the whole building. Former co-workers mentioned in the past they heard strange things when they stayed late at the office. Mainly someone walking around the top floor when they know they are the only ones there. A former co-worker who did what I'm doing now, told me he would be sitting there and would hear foot steps, stand at the door of the console room and just listen.
It happened once for me already. I heard something moving around just after 10pm. I don't know, could've been coming from outside.

An audio engineer who used to work there, he recorded ten seconds of silence. Something they do before making a recording. He played it back and he heard a distinctive voice say "who are you?". This freaked him out, obviously. I asked him about it and he tried to find the file. He couldn't find it, he guesses it must have been deleted off the computer at some point. Oh well.
My sister said I should invite Zac Bagans of Ghost Adventures to investigate. Sounds like an idea. ha ha
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby LolaB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:11 am

okay, here is my alien story:
Happened in Nov ~2014. We'd been hiking up to the labyrinth for more than a year. Night time Full Moon ceremony. Usually it's a small group of ladies, with the occasional lucky guy. Very informal, we do a bit of clearing, toning, a few prayers and have a good howl at the moon.
Last November we happened to be 7 women. Then a few more friends showed up. Which made for a big enough group to take turns lifting people up to the moon. Hadn't done that in years, but it was great fun and powerful.
After this we all wandered about socializing. I decided to take a pee in the bushes. Next to the labyrinth is a roundish dent in earth, a seasonal pond, less than 2 feet deep. Now dry. In the middle of it I saw something weird:
A black, moving shape with an unusual amount of long and lanky limbs. At first I thought it were two skinny teenagers, making out, dressed in black.
But then, I couldn't make out their faces. Or see it very well, even though it was just a few feet away and the Moon was up and bright.
So I stood there rooted on the spot, having a WTF moment. Trying to figure out what I'm looking at. It moved, but not away or toward me. It was almost as if it was surprised that I could see it. Then a clearly defined, bright white wide V appeared on it. Not sure if it was on it's head, chest or if it actually was it's face. It seemed there was a telepathic question from me "Who are you?" and the answer was "I'm just watching." I promptly forgot about having to pee. There was no fear at all, only a sense of puzzlement and wonder.
For a while I stood there, unsure what to do. Didn't want to just walk away from it. So I calmly lifted my hand and waved. And it promptly lifted one long, gangly black limb and waved back.
Then I went back to the group and pretty soon we wrapped it up and started heading back down the hill. As we were leaving I saw that it was still there. In fact, the white V was peeking over the edge, like the "Kilroy was here" graffiti.
It took me a couple of days to process this encounter, but when I checked in with my friends, none had noticed this was going on. Nor was anything unusual encountered there since. Someone more experienced with the matter later figured this was a "mantis type" alien...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LolaB

Previous

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness