alien video - hadn't ever seen this one. Comments?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

alien video - hadn't ever seen this one. Comments?

Postby yesferatu » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:06 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-iK8Jr0nwQ&mode=related&search=">I have no opinion on fake or real</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> since my audio is down and did not hear what was being said. <br><br>I noticed nuanced and small (as in quite different from the noticably fake eyebrow furrowing of modeled H'wood stuff) muscularature movement above the eyes....subtle things that made me go hmmmm. It looked fake til I noticed almost imperceptible sinewy under-flesh type tiny movements around the eyes and such. It could be faked and/or the video is poor and so I am mistaking bad imaging for things that are not there.<br>I remain of no opinion...just hmmm, is all.<br><br>If someone could tell me what was being said on the video...thanks! <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Re: alien video - hadn't ever seen this one. Comments?

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:52 am

Jim Henson would be proud.<br><br>Common Sense #1:<br><br>Due to uncertainties regarding biological cross-contamination, you can be DAMNED sure I wouldn't be in the same room with an ET in anything less than a Bio level 5 spacesuit. Those MASH outfits are pretty damn funny.<br><br>Common Sense #2:<br><br>Why would they be examining the thing with penlights?<br><br>Looks very mickey-mouse to me. <p>____________________<br>hugh manatee wins: "This is called "mutual exclusivity." A dog is not a horse. Simple."<br></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby yesferatu » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:20 am

My reaction to in-the-flesh aliens is prejudiced. I don't see how you are going to get trans-dimensional praeternatural intelligences to be under any human control, especially the primitive control situation as depicted here. <br><br>MASH outfits....haha<br><br> <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Sepka » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:49 am

The video quality is poor, and I'm generally suspicious of amazing subjects shot in low light.<br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

Postby bvonahsen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:17 pm

A Hollywood animator interviewed says that he sees obvious clues that it is faked. What he sees are jerky head movements common to non-professional puppeteers. I am a hobbyist and do some animation, I think I can see what he's talking about but I'm not an expert.<br><br>I've downloaded several such videos like this, they're all disappointing. Some are intriguing but not decisive. Guess I'll have to make my own. <evilgrin> There aren't any limitations to what you can do in a PC any more. I wouldn't trust any media evidence without a compelling reason to. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby AlanStrangis » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:02 pm

I think I may still have the commercial VHS for this kicking around, even after my great VHS cleansing a few years back.<br><br>It was given to me by a client we were doing some editing for, around the time the tape was released. The client knew someone involved with Canadian distribution rights, and thought I might be interested.<br><br>I honestly don't remember it having much of an impact on me at the time, and I had written the alien off as a fake.<br><br>I'll do some digging this evening and check it out. <p></p><i></i>
AlanStrangis

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:23 pm

I also believe that it's 100% fake. The jerky head movements give it away as a prop. If you've seen enough behind the scenes puppetry or FX creation, then you'll see little giveaways like that, plus there's no neck or shoulder movement.<br><br>Also, why would the "doctors" stand in front of the creature to shine lights in its eyes and give it medical attention when it has its' "attack"? Any medical professional would be turning the creature around to examine it in full, not let it remain there in a clear view of the camera. Add to that the low light visability in the room, lack of details...yup, I feel that it's staged Blair Witch style.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Attack Ships on Fire

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness