indigo children

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

indigo children

Postby jingofever » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:46 am

ABC News has a story about one particular indigo child.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AmericanFamily/story?id=2224795&page=1">abcnews.go.com/GMA/Americ...795&page=1</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It mentions she was diagnosed as an ADD child; common among indigo kids I understand. We are seeing more and more autism in children (perhaps vaccine related or some other environmental factor) and ADD diagnoses. The latter may be the result of quacks. But it is possible that something is causing our younglings' brains to change. Interesting that autistic children exhibit no empathy while indigo children are polar opposite. Is it possible that some environmental factor is causing this empathy (not to mention alleged psychic powers) in some children and autism in others? Another idea is that we are seeing the reemergence of the bicameral mind of Julian Jaynes' theory. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

?

Postby Sarutama » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is an indigo child? <p></p><i></i>
Sarutama

Re: ?

Postby bvonahsen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:34 pm

Wikipedia or Google it.<br><br>An Indigo child is a New Age belief that some children are part alien part human. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children">Wikipedia Indigo - children</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Indigo children" is a New Age term used to refer to a set of children who are claimed to have certain special psychological and spiritual attributes. The indigo child concept was first publicized by the book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by the husband-and-wife team of Lee Carroll and Jan Tober1. Carroll insists that the concept was obtained via conversations with a spiritual entity known as "Kryon". The adjective "indigo" is used because it is claimed these children appear with an indigo-hued aura.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Fucka Buncha Channelled Bullshit

Postby dude h homeslice ix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:43 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryon">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryon</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>wow, so the whole indigo thing is a bunch of channeled bullshit from some entity who likes to belittle people and be all superior? i never knew that! sounds like all the rest of them to me!<br><br>more new age religion-spawning social programming. how come this particular channeled entity gets to have "his" work on abc network? why not aiwass? hey, will they mention kyron in the credits, or will his poor, cosmic superego just have to deal with it?<br><br><br>i can just see it: norm macdonald in the next room with a microphone hooked up to some spooky voice effects pedal; jane roberts or whoever is here, in an lsd trance...<br><br>jan: "tell me, who will win the broncos game this weekend?"<br><br>norm, i mean, kyron: "the time is not yet at hand for this information; the human race is not ready."<br><br>jan: "ok, then, tell me: if a plane crashes on the line, on the border between the US and Canada, where do they bury the survivors?"<br><br>kyron: "pass me that bong, corporal!"<br><br>jan: "What did you say?"<br><br>kyron: "I was talking to someone else! how dare you deign to feign to understand the mighty kyron!..." <p></p><i></i>
dude h homeslice ix

Re: Fucka Buncha Channelled Bullshit

Postby xsic bastardx » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am

<br><br><br> I have read a few things on Indigo Children but never any of that shit above.....<br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Children_of_the_New_Millennium.html" target="top">www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Children_of_the_New_Millennium.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
xsic bastardx

I haven't seen one yet

Postby Avalon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 am

I'm agnostic on this. I'm a parent, I've been involved with my kids' schools in an area where there is a lot of acceptance of New Age ideas and practices, and a lot of smart kids from smart families. I just haven't seen kids who fit the description. As far as I can see it's still the old bell curve.<br><br>I did see one online interview with some parents of allegedly indigo kids. The parents seemed to have unrealistic expectations of how their children fit into the continuum, and seemed to be pushing some fairly average behaviors as being very very special ones.<br><br>And then there is the deep involvement of Richard Boylan in the movement, which argues that a great many parents aren't practicing the sort of discernment they need to do..<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Richard Boylan was stripped of all licenses to practice as a therapist because he was found guilty of gross negligence and misconduct with patients and deemed a danger to other patients. Part of his 'therapy' involved taking nude hot tubs with female patients who had had abductee experiences. Other findings of the California State Law Court were: imposing his views of space aliens into the dreams and memories of two patients and bartering nude massages in return for psychological therapy.<br><br>So, the State of California revoked his therapist's license, marriage family and child counseling license and clinical social worker license. His practice was shut down. That was back in 1995. So, why is he working with children, today, I ask, especially after being cited as encouraging young children to trust pedophiles?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/sdi/program/joyce/jah234.html">www.virtuallystrange.net/...ah234.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Indigo

Postby Pissed Off Cabbie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:03 am

Kids like the one in the news story are nothing new. They show up every so often. I met up with one, and received a reiki treatment. I was blown away by what she told me about myself, as it was something buried well below the surface, dealing with a family loss. I came away feeling like a fresh new puppy. I wish to God that I had kept contact with her.<br><br>As for whether or not this sort of thing is really on the rise, it's hard to tell. Unscrupulous New Age hucksters are preying upon parents' desire for their kids to be special, and this cloud the issue. The psychiatric crowd doesn't help matters too much, either. Their steadfast refusal to believe that such talents exists is tragic.<br><br>Ingo Swan persented a paper to the U.N. that declared that we have not three senses, but TWELVE. His research made a good case for it, too. It's not magic- there is a higher order of physics that we have a tough time quantifying. Note the recent stories about patients learning to move a computer mouse with their thoughts, and think about the ramifications. <p></p><i></i>
Pissed Off Cabbie

Autistic children can show empathy

Postby Avalon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:07 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Interesting that autistic children exhibit no empathy while indigo children are polar opposite. </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>There seems to be a fair amount of discussion in the autism spectrum community about whether empathy is something autistic children can exhibit or not.<br><br>There's no doubt that autistic children can show love and compassion. While they might have a hard time understanding the body language that someone might be using, there are other ways they can grasp the idea. A major problem might be with agreeing on a definition of empathy, so that it could be seen whether people with autism fit the criteria or not.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Edited to change erroneous word</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=avalon@rigorousintuition>Avalon</A> at: 7/27/06 9:51 pm<br></i>
Avalon

Re: Autistic children can show empathy

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:08 am

A book on brain development I read (most of) said that the brain is formed with much excess gray matter that somehow goes away when it isn't integrated with firing neurons, sort of the sculptor's unused rock chips around the statue of the formed brain.<br><br>There is a theory that some people retain too much gray matter in this process and <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>it makes them super-sensitive to stimuli</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> so they retreat into themselves in response.<br><br>Interesting theory. Maybe just too much of a good thing. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness