"object" delays shuttle

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"object" delays shuttle

Postby vigilantwarrior » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:19 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/">blogs.abcnews.com/scienceandsociety/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>No one knows what it is – the mysterious gray round object orbiting near the space shuttle Atlantis at an altitude of 187 nautical miles.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Are we ready for Von Braun's ultimate booga booga?<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vigilantwarrior@rigorousintuition>vigilantwarrior</A> at: 9/19/06 12:28 pm<br></i>
vigilantwarrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "object" delays shuttle

Postby streeb » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:14 pm

bumpity bump <p></p><i></i>
streeb

what is Von Braun's booga booga?

Postby nashvillebrook » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:08 pm

i know who VB is... i'm unfamilliar with the booga booga part vis a vis space stuff. <br><br>did he postulate something like PNAC's pearl harbor, or something? a 'war of the worlds' scenario? <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

Re: what is Von Braun's booga booga?

Postby anotherdrew » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:54 pm

from when he was warning against spaced based weapons (and what might follow implicitly), he warned that there would be a parade of justifications, first the cold war, then rouge states, then terrorism, then asteroids and finally aliens. all BS, all trotted out as justification for setting weapons systems in orbit, which if they put really capable systems up there, would give the controlling power near god like abilities to strike anywhere anytime with incredible power. forget nukes, just image deorbiting 20tons (or more) of steel and all the energy it'd pick up on the way down. I think the pentagon boys are refering to such weapons lately as "rods from the gods" - talking about it as a non-nuke high penetrator for 'bunkers' etc.<br><br>see <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Rosin">Dr. Carol Rosin</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> for more info on Von Braun's statements.<br><br>in <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.nancyredstar.com/wmd/Anti_Satellite.htm">this</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> linked article there is a Q&A with her. excerpt:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Q: YOU SAID 'UNIVERSES,' PLURAL?<br><br>'Universes,' is the way he put it to me. I had never heard that term before. I thought we lived in (the only) galaxy solar system universe. But he always used the word 'universes.'<br><br>Q: AS IF HE HAD KNOWLEDGE OF OTHER UNIVERSES?<br><br>Exactly.<br><br>Q: DID HE TALK WITH YOU SPECIFICALLY ABOUT KNOWLEDGE OF EXTRATERRESTRIAL BIOLOGICAL ENTITIES?<br><br>Dr. von Braun would have tears in his eyes every time – and he repeated this continuously to me when he talked about us in the galaxy – he would say 'with a hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone. What would make us think that we are the only life form?' That was a very typical, repeated quote.<br><br>The other one that he would say is that he knew that we must have peace in space in order to bring the truth in. The only time he used the word, 'extraterrestrial' and 'alien' – and he did this repeatedly as well – was when he spoke to me about the formula for war. That included the fact that when I entered the industry, we were in a supposed Cold War with Russia.<br><br>He would say, 'Let's start here where you are.' There are continuous wars and enemies identified in order to perpetuate these wars, always with the ultimate goal of seizing the high ground of outer space to dominate and control the minds of people on Earth so they would not be given the truth, truthful information about who we really are in the universes.<br><br>Q: WHAT WAS HIS DEFINITION OF WHAT WE REALLY ARE IN THE UNIVERSES?<br><br>Well, this is what he did not describe. I believe what was happening is that he was under threat.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=anotherdrew>anotherdrew</A> at: 9/19/06 9:14 pm<br></i>
anotherdrew

the object

Postby jingofever » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.space.com/images/060919_myst_object_02.jpg">www.space.com/images/0609...ect_02.jpg</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Re: the object

Postby Ouish » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:38 pm

That's weird. I hope it's not a vital component of the shuttle. <p></p><i></i>
Ouish

Re: the object

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:23 am

It's made of styrafoam; there <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>aren't</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> any 'vital components'..<br><br>Useless Trivia:<br><br>The Challenger tragedy happened on my birthday. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

or "Objects"

Postby OpLan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:38 am

BBC lunchtime bulletin has just announced the touch-down of the shuttle.The woman said it had been delayed due to unknown objects close to its orbit.She couldn't get the words out fast enough,no images of the objects,but offered a nice photo of a dying hurricane headed for the west coast of England..segued nicely into the weather.<br>Sodding BBC.<br>I'd like to refuse to pay the Licence fee but I can't afford the jail time or £1000 fine. <p></p><i></i>
OpLan

Re: or "Objects"

Postby bvonahsen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:11 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>if they put really capable systems up there, would give the controlling power near god like abilities to strike anywhere anytime with incredible power. forget nukes, just image deorbiting 20tons (or more) of steel and all the energy it'd pick up on the way down<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Re-reading "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" sounds right on topic here. In that novel, a moon colony (Actually, it's computer, Mike.) asserts its superiority by launching truck loads of moon rock to precise points on the earth. The earth, being at the bottom of it's gravity well, doesn't fair so well. The energy released is immense but it is all heat, there is no radiation, it's a "clean" weapon. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

?

Postby orz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>I'd like to refuse to pay the Licence fee but I can't afford the jail time or �1000 fine.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Stop watching TV? :-? <p></p><i></i>
orz

Re telly addiction

Postby OpLan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm

heh..I like to keep tabs on what they feed us..its mostly just background noise.Very little catches my eye..I'll admit I got hooked on Lost. I like Sky at Night,decent documentaries,good comedy,classic films.but as Im watching them I'll surf the net for back up stuff.<br><br>By the way..that Mars probe should be spewing out images very soon.<br>Have you seen the David Sereda documentary Orz? what do you think about the tethered satellite footage? <p></p><i></i>
OpLan

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness