Reincarnation....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Reincarnation....

Postby postrchild » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:49 pm

I have been exposed formally to the theory of reincarnation over the last few weeks, thanks to the wonderful posters here. Since being a disavowed baptist for as long as I can remember, the notion of reincarnation is somewhat liberating........anyone else feel a sigh of relief when you finally discovered this theory? i FINALLY FEEL LIKE i WONT GO TO HELL OR GO TO A BORING RENDITION OF HEAVEN AND I FINALLY REALIZE THAT THERE IS A "HIGHER" PURPOSE FOR US. <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Reincarnation....

Postby 4911 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:59 pm

hey, you want weird - I was together <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>in this life</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> with the woman who killed me in a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>past life</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. Hows that for weird? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=4911>4911</A> at: 10/6/06 4:00 pm<br></i>

Postby DireStrike » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm

I was raised catholic so naturally I rejected religion pretty young. Yet humans have need for spiritual beliefs. I don't know how I would get through my day without my belief in Karma, that justice will be served at some point. Or at least that understanding would be reached between the parties involved.<br><br>Hell was always something to think about in my darkest depressions. I never believed that a just and loving god could send anyone to hell, or would fail to rescue them from mistakes that they made in life.<br><br>Reincarnation might be alright. I don't have a solid enough opinion of the world to say that it would be a good thing to have more time here. On the other hand, how many times have you said, "If only I could do it over..."<br><br>I like to think that after death we are either just dead, in which case I won't care, or released into a different realm where we can take a breather, get refreshments in the form of Truth and Love, or jump back in if we want. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=direstrike>DireStrike</A> at: 10/6/06 4:05 pm<br></i>
DireStrike

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 pm

I've believed in it since I was five. It would be years before I found out there was a name for it. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby * » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:16 pm

<br><br> Hey, me too, chiggerbit. I even remember where I was at the time...<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Postby 4911 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 pm

Ive still outweirded you, ignore me all ya like... <p></p><i></i>

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:49 pm

the other week the movie show (Australian abc one has a different name now actually, "At the movies") had a scene from some foreign film.<br><br>An old lady is dropping rice out of one hand over a needle in the other. Her granddaughter is watching.<br><br>Old lady says "tell me when one of the grains of rice balances on the top of the needle>'<br><br>the child says "thats impossible"<br><br>Gran says:<br><br>"Its harder to be reincarnated as a human than it is to catch a grain of rice this way."<br><br>Or words to that effect.<br><br>I have an aboriginal mate who says he will be reincarnated as a Kangaroo next time. Thats how it works with him.<br><br>I often wonder if reincarnation is one thing, and genetic memory or something along those lines is what is responsible for people's claims of past lives.<br><br>Here's something from some Hindu guru no one here will have heard of.<br><br>There is one soul, it reincarnates as everything. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby slomo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:03 pm

I once had a dream that I was about to die, and a voice told me that I would have to reincarnate as every other human who ever lived or would ever live, one at a time.<br><br>It was a daunting prospect and in fact very upsetting. <p></p><i></i>
slomo

Postby rain » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:27 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Ive still outweirded you, ignore me all ya like... <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>LOL. Oh no you haven't.<br>but I'm not into playing 'truth or dare'<br>isn't it a little pointless to even begin to get into this with ppl who haven't done their 'homework' tho.?<br>suffice to say I'm a big fan of 'bend space time, be your own library' and that just maybe if more had of 'done their homework' we wouldn't be in this mess.<br>eh, probably wishful thinking. we'd just be in another sort of mess.<br>then again, how did you deal with that 4911.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby dbeach » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:09 pm

"I was raised catholic so naturally I rejected religion pretty young"<br><br>chuckle chuckle<br><br>The Catholics hate it so it must be real<br><br>its why I studied a lil Hindu and Buddha and the prehistory of humanity<br><br>yet still fancy myself a Catholic but this pope is the anti-pope<br><br>and Rome was corrupted yrs ago..<br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:25 pm

My mum is a catholic and my dad is a hindu. What a great mix.<br><br>When I was a kid they used argue (as in debate) about free will and predestination and a universe full of other topics.<br><br>It was very interesting.<br><br><br>Slomo, its a bizarre concept. Does that mean you will have to reincarnate as every sexual partner you have ever had. What about the last person to beat you up. Or as dick Cheney?<br><br>Or Terri shiavo or John Karr, or Jeff Gannon.<br><br>I think it does.<br><br>Not to mention all the poor bastards in all the worst places in the world.<br><br>I meant to take it further tho, not just everyone, but everything.<br><br>The slugs in the garden, typhoid mary's nits. Creatures on this and other planets we have no idea exist, existed or may exist in the future.<br><br>Rocks, books, ideas, planets, asteroids, bits of dust. Dog shit in the street. A dope plant that has just been cut down at the peak of its life to feed someone's addiction. Cigarette lighters.<br><br>You name it.<br><br>There are Hindu traditions that even say what you focus on when you die is what you reincarnate as. There is a story about a prince who prepared and cultivated himself all his life, aiming for a higher reincarnation. he had achieved everything and was on his was to being reincarnated as Krishna or something similar when he was distracted on his death bed by a beautiful deer. As he lay there dying he focussed on the deer, its beauty and efficiency of form, and ended up reincarnating as one. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:33 pm

Just curious, but do you know anyone who remembers having reincarnated as, say, an ant? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Nah, I don't know anyone who remembers being reincarnated as anything, cept possibly some things of my own. But that could be just my imagination.<br><br>Ole matey who I mentioned before tho, he might remember something similar. he doen't talk about that stuff much. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Seventhsonjr » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:59 pm

I am cuurently reading (again) Edgar Cayce on Karma.<br><br>Raised in a home where my dad believed in reincarnation and mom was pretty much "when you die you go to heaven and get back with the ones you loved - siblings etc." I learned a lot early on about these things.<br><br>My Dad had a book of scriptures from many religions (called "World Bible" and I found it interesting that the roots of Judaism, Christianity and Islam all came from Zoroastrianism (the first monotheism) where when you die you must walk through a river of fire which purges you of your sins. If you have been a bad sinner and evil the suffering will be severe,like burning in molten lead - but if you were righteous it will be like wading in warm milk.<br><br>Your loved ones who have departed wait for you on the other side and welcome you once you have been through the river of fire. <br><br>My father insisted that the teachings of both the old and new testament (Jesus( were clearly in accord with karma and reincarnation and I was quite astounded on a trip to Israel to speak with ultraorthodox Jews who said that reincarnation was abasic tenet of their faith. Islam also has this notion.<br><br>Cayce often talks of karma in this life as "as you sow, so shall ye reap" and says that all of these factors of your deeds and thoughts and words play into your birth and life --- but always with the caveat that your free will is what determines how you get responded to by the universe: that is, that in life you must always remember that righteous acts towards your fellow humanity and the Creation determines how the divine powers that be treat you and not so much what you did in a past life. But also that karma is mostly about what you did in past lives and not so much what happens in this one in that this life is our destiny from our past deeds etc and the action reaction of our current life is not so much karma as just the natural forces of action and reaction (and I know that basically this is the definition of karma --- but Cayce makes this distinction in his readings from the spirit world. It means we can have redemption through our acts and thoughts and words at any time if we only keep these thoughts of divine knowledge in mind with all our hearts.<br><br>As for 4911 ---- there is a chapter in the book on Cayce's readings regarding spouse and karma and why we are together in this life with our families and friends (what past life relationships we had).<br><br>When there is karma to work out souls come back together to work on them - so 4911's story is not at all strange from this perspective.<br><br>A parent may have been your child or best friend in a past life. a spouse or child may have been a sibling or even an enemy.<br><br>I find the zoroastrian model comforting and hope that not too much of the bad karma follows us from life to life or beyond.<br><br>But something needs to be understood as behind it all: and the most rational explanation to me is that we are all part of one divine Creation - we are all part of each other --- and the original impulse of the creation of life and humanity and all that lives and exists is the emotion, the desire for, Love.<br><br>a long time ago I figured out for myself that if indeed there was one omniscient Creator, how LONELY that must be. The Maya, or the illusion of seperateness, was a device by the Creator to be able to NOT know everything, to be surprised and to grow infinitely through an infinite variety of experiences.<br><br>If, for example, our souls are immortal --- then the horrors of this life ---- of the Shoah or abu ghraib or masada or Lebanon or the Amish deaths/assaults of little girls --- are somehow much less horrifying to me. In other words, if - as some mystics teach and as is a basic tenet of Tibetan Buddhism -- we actually CHOOSE our lives and destinies in order to become closer to the divine and our knowledge of ourselves as having divine origin --- this message or lesson in human horror is one which may actually foster compassion for fellow creatures and teach us of our own divinity and teach us what is of value (ie Love of each other and of the Creation)<br><br>I am babbling here like a brook, but this is a very interesting subject for me and a mystical concept so i am glad that the original poster has discovered it.<br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:10 am

I think your father sounds very interesting. Seventh. If I remember right, Cayce also said that karma wasn't about punishment, but about debt. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Next

Return to UFOs and High Weirdness