Creepy

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Creepy

Postby anonymoose » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:14 am

TOPEKA, Kan., Oct. 12 — Grace Mosier lives with her mom and dad, goes to birthday parties, takes ballet classes and is just like a lot of other 6-year-old girls. Except that she happens to be obsessed with Dick Cheney.<br><br>“I really, really like him,” says Grace, who can tell you what state the vice president was born in (Nebraska), where he went to grade school (College View, in Lincoln) and the names of his dogs (Dave and Jackson). She gets her fix of Cheney fun-facts by visiting the White House Web site for children. It says there that his favorite teacher was Miss Duffield and that he used to run a company called Halliburton.<br><br>So when Mr. Cheney came to town Thursday, Grace was at Forbes Field, holding a little American flag and a sign that said, “Welcome, Mr. Vice President, pet Dave and Jackson for me.” She watched him get off Air Force Two, step into a car and speed off to a fund-raiser.<br><br>It was, to say the least, a thrill. “Like a rock star coming to town,” says Dene Mosier, Grace’s mother. And while Mr. Cheney might be an unusual object for a 6-year-old’s fixation, it is probably less unusual here, in the heart of Cheney Country.<br><br>The terrain consists of hotel ballrooms, military bases and private homes deep in the reddest of red states like Kansas (where President Bush and Mr. Cheney won by 25 percentage points in 2004). As a rule, people still love Mr. Bush in Cheney Country, at least relative to some locales. But the president cannot be everywhere, so Mr. Cheney comes instead, exposing as he goes the durability and devotion of his party’s base.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/washington/17cheney.html">www.nytimes.com/2006/10/1...heney.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
anonymoose

Blog: View Blog (0)

it really makes you wonder

Postby maggrwaggr » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:34 am

what they put in the water .... or the air .... in places like that.<br><br>Notice none of these places are anywhere near the oceans, where they might actually get some fresh air from outside of the country.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
maggrwaggr

Re: Creepy

Postby Sepka » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:03 am

I was fascinated with Huntly and Brinkley at the age of six. Not to the extent of knowing anything about their personal lives (although if we'd had the internet back then, who knows) but I considered them to be major public figures, and entertained a vague sort of conviction that I'd meet them someday. Looking back, I think they fascinated me because they seemed to my six year old self to be present and involved with all of the news as it took place. Huntly and Brinkley seemed somehow to be the masters of all of the fascinating, frightening situations that I saw on TV in the mid 60s.<br> <p>-Sepka the Space Weasel</p><i></i>
Sepka

Return to Bush Family