Righteous Rants

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Righteous Rants

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:00 am

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Righteous Rants

Postby brainpanhandler » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:49 am

This is from an ER nurse named Amy Elizabeth:

"I am posting, for once, about something other than my dog.

I have seen 4 patients die, 5 get intubated, 2 re-intubated, witnessed family consent to make 2 more patients DNRs, sweat my butt off during CPR, titrated so many drips to no avail, watched vent settings increase to no avail. We are exhausted and at a total loss.

All of this in two shifts in a row.

Some of you people have never done EVERYTHING you could to save someone, and watched them die anyway, and it shows.

I would have no problem if you fools worried about your "freedom" all went out and got COVID. If only you could sign a form stating that you revoke your right to have medical treatment based on your cavalier antics and refusal to abide by CDC and medical professionals' advice. If you were the only people who got infected during your escapades to protest tyranny, great. But that's sadly not how this works.

You wanna complain because the garden aisle is closed? If you knew a thing about gardening, you'd know it's too early to plant in Michigan. Your garden doesn't matter. If killing your plants would bring back my patients, I would pillage the shit out of your "essential" garden beds.

Upset because you can't go boating...in Michigan...in April...in the cold-ass water? You wanna tell my patient's daughter (who was sobbing as she said goodbye to her father over the phone) about your first-world problems?
Upset because you can't go to your cottage up north? Your cottage...your second property...used for leisure. My coworkers can't even stay in their regular homes. Most have been staying in hotels and dorms, not able to see their spouses or babies.

All of these posts, petitions online to evade "tyranny", it's all such bullshit. I'm sorry you're bored and have nothing to do but bitch and moan. You wanna pick up a couple hours for me? Yeah, didn't think so. I wouldn't trust most of you with patient care, anyway. Not just because of the selfish lack of humanity your posts exude, but because most of those posts and petitions are so riddled with misspellings and grammatical errors, that it makes me question your cognitive capacity.

Shoutout to my coworkers, the real MVPs."
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 pm

brainpanhandler

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:18 pm

He's pretty much correct except for the part about "taxpayers paid for" the $1200 and the bank bailouts etc. That's NOT tax money.

I'd do a righteous rant on that but maybe later.

Also, I would distance at least ten feet from Vic, just to avoid the spittle. :lol:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:44 pm

I'M WITH VIC! God, that was cathartic... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :yay

Now, back to reality. :starz:
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Elvis » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:18 pm wrote:
He's pretty much correct except for the part about "taxpayers paid for" the $1200 and the bank bailouts etc. That's NOT tax money.

I'd do a righteous rant on that but maybe later.

I've been watching his videos. He has quite a few and he gets more than a few things wrong. But his heart seems in the right place. He's a comedian.

I think my favorite line is "you dirt-neck-fuckin' pieces of shit". What does that even mean?

Also, I would distance at least ten feet from Vic, just to avoid the spittle. :lol:

When I first watched this I thought there was a light rain outside the car. But then I realized the camera would have to be outside the car.
brainpanhandler

Return to Other