what the hell is this "Unlock Reality" book hype?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

what the hell is this "Unlock Reality" book hype?

Postby yesferatu » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:25 am

Anyone hear of it? <br>Check this out: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://geocities.com/tonyhartly000/whatreadersthink.html">"reviews"</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Here is one review I found interesting...it was read by this xtian dude and this is what he says:<br><<Rev Wallice<br><br>Yes I did read it, under the protection of constant<br>prayer, and knowing I must endure this ordeal in order to do the Lords will in helping to stamp it out. The difference between me and some unsuspecting person reading it is I knew what to expect and what to look out for. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Even though, it took me several days to recover.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The sad thing is, there are many who will never recover from it's effects.<br><br>Yahoo Message 429<br>October 1, 2005<br><br>Rev Wallice<br><br>The world may indeed be ready to know the truth, I do not know the appointed time, but this trash Unlock Reality is not the truth. The Bible is the Word of God given onto men.<br><br>Yahoo Message 431<br>October 1, 2005>><br><br>Is this viral marketing or something else? It all sounds so....set up....I mean the "Rev" telling us he nearly lost his soul to unbiblical truth because he read something....come on! <br>Supposedly bookcrossings is legit, but this just sounds wacked. I have no faith in the mere mechanism of text in a book to cause what is being claimed. <br>I keep hearing about it. Anyone know more?<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=yesferatu@rigorousintuition>yesferatu</A> at: 8/1/06 10:31 pm<br></i>
yesferatu

Re: what the hell is this "Unlock Reality" book hy

Postby HMKGrey » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 am

Looks like hackneyed viral marketing to me. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Blog: View Blog (0)

I've read Unlock Reality

Postby Dscape » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've read Unlock Reality. To me it's a very special book. It covers many topics and after you finish reading, it you leaves you full of energy and it opens the world more to you. You can find lots more info at: <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/unlockreality">www.care2.com/c2c/group/unlockreality</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>In this group you can read what other readers thought about Unlock Reality and some readers who have managed to buy the book are also sharing it with other readers. <br><br>And the postings that you found from the Rev. are great. He is one of those people who believes everything is bad for you, and we will all go to hell.<br><br>Dscape :-) <p></p><i></i>
Dscape

Re: I've read Unlock Reality

Postby Dreams End » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:12 pm

From their faq. I think this might help explain it a bit. I hope it's a good treasure hunt.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Point Eight:<br>Many people are involved in an international treasure hunt for the 50 copies. Including many members of this website who would like as much help as possible in finding copies.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

I haven't read Unlock Reality

Postby johnny nemo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:20 pm

...but I have read the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Tao Of Physics</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, which mentioned the idea of "creating our own realities".<br>I've read many reviews of this latest book, so now I'm willing to venture a guess that <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Unlock Reality</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> goes into many of the things Jeff mentions regularly, i.e. create your own tulpa, create your own holographic universe, but adds some New Age quackery like positive affirmations that say "everything you could ever want can be yours, if you only believe".<br><br>It reminds me of a movie they showed us during recess on a rainy day in elementary school called the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The Amazing Cosmic Awareness of Duffy Moon.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>The storyline was that a kid named Duffy Moon read a bunch of pamphlets and books written by a "mystic" about how everyone was psychic and if they could just believe, could change everything.<br>So Duffy would puff his cheeks out and a woman's voice would say in his head "You can do it, Duffy Moon" and things would appear to work for him, but didn't.<br><br>Personally, I believe that all things are possible, but not necessarily probable. <p></p><i></i>
johnny nemo

Re: what the hell is this "Unlock Reality" book hy

Postby Dreams End » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:30 pm

England is probably the best country in the world at producing treasure hunts. Anyone ever try out the two Kit Williams' books? they are legend.<br><br>This is an online treasure hunt which I wish I had time for. Unfortunately, it looks like, from the following clues I found on a "related site" that it is probably focusing on the UK. <br><br>Here's a link:<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/albert7james/">www.geocities.com/albert7james/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>I have to say that, given the number of typos and misspellings I'm finding, it may turn out that this is not a very good hunt, if it indicates attention to detail is lacking. I participated in one of those. Spelling errors were part of the clues I think, because there were so many but there were many inadvertent errors as well and the author NEVER released a full explanation.<br><br>then again, they could be intentional to give it a "real" feel. <br><br>If you have spare time and have never participated in one of these, I recommend them. There are a couple of websites out there for "armchair treasure hunters" and if I had time I'd see if this one has popped up yet. <br><br>If this one ends up pointing to the Steorn free energy site, I will be doubly impressed! <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Return to Other