Special Operations airman/FBI agent killed his squadron commander in
apparent-murder suicide

By Dan Lamothe and Adam Goldman April 9 at 4:15 PM
fruhmenschen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: FBI WATCH MAKING CRUELTY VISIBLE

Postby fruhmenschen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:31 pm

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/09/fbi ... es-alarms/

FBI’s “Shared Responsibility Committees” to Identify “Radicalized” Muslims Raise Alarms

Apr. 9 2016, 11:46 a.m.

The FBI’s plan to enlist community leaders in “Shared Responsibility Committees” all across the country with the goal of identifying “radicalized” individuals is raising alarm among civil rights activists.

The Shared Responsibility Committees, known as SRCs, “are expanding the informant program under the guise of an intervention program, which it is not,” said Abed Ayoub, legal director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC).

The FBI’s ideas is to have social service workers, teachers, mental health professionals, religious figures, and others interdict young people they believe are on a path towards radicalization. The program was first revealed last November, and while details remain scant, it is widely believed to have been developed along the lines of similar “anti-radicalization” programs in the United Kingdom.

The FBI did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Experts acknowledge the need to have options beyond sending young people to jail for making threatening statements. The committees purport to offer such an option, by allowing members to offer non-binding recommendations to law enforcement about whether certain individuals should be arrested or offered rehabilitation for their alleged radicalization.

But critics say that despite the FBI’s benign characterization of the SRCs, the proposal amounts to nothing more than an expansion of already existing FBI informant programs. The committees “would be doing the work of the FBI, gathering information. This initiative failed in the U.K., it’s not like this is a new idea,” said Ayoub.

The U.K. program called “Channel” has b
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Honoring attorney David Kairys
see last post
below
http://www.archives.upenn.edu/faids/upt ... rys_d.html

Link du jour

https://archive.org/stream/directoryofg ... 9_djvu.txt

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/FBI/C ... eport.html

Radio,television and the print media
do to our minds
what industry has done to the land
we now think like New York City looks

2 stories

In 1999 a Memphis jury concluded FBI
agents had assassinated MLK

google
rockwell mlk douglass

no main stream media attended the trial

the attorney who repsented the MLK
family William Pepper has put the
trial evidence into two books

Orders To Kill

Act of State

the trial transcript was put
on the MLK website

google memphis trial transcript mlk

Assassination Conspiracy Trial | The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change
www.thekingcenter.org/assassination-conspiracy-trial
After four weeks of testimony and over 70 witnesses in a civil trial in Memphis, ... that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy.
Martin Luther King assassinated by US Govt: King Family civil trial verdict Washington's Blog
www.washingtonsblog.com › General
Jan 12, 2015 - Martin Luther King assassinated by US Govt: King Family civil trial verdict ... Usual Memphis Police special body guards were advised they ...
MLK's Family Feels Vindicated - CBS News
www.cbsnews.com/news/mlks-family-feels-vindicated/
Dec 8, 1999 - They had sued Lloyd Jowers, a 73-year-old retired Memphis ... that came out in the Memphis trial, he said, "We believe that this case is over.
Court Decision: U.S. “Government Agencies” Found Guilty in Martin Luther King's Assassination | Global Research - Centre for Rsearch on ...
www.globalresearch.ca/court-decision... ... ../5320024
Jan 18, 2016 - Martin Luther King Day 2016 ... After four weeks of testimony and over 70 witnesses in a civil trial in Memphis, Tennessee, twelve jurors ...

Color of Surveillance
What the FBI actually learned from spying on Martin Luther King, Jr.
4/12/16 11:06 AM

http://fusion.net/story/289903/james-ba ... veillance/

On Friday, Georgetown University’s law school hosted ‘The Color of Surveillance,’ a conference about government monitoring of black Americans. Two of the most anticipated speakers were James A. Baker, the FBI’s general counsel, and David Garrow, an MLK biographer who has documented the FBI’s unlawful surveillance of Martin Luther King, Jr. and other black Americans. The conversation, and the room, were somewhat tense: Baker was cautious and Garrow sharp-tongued, though the latter emphasized that the FBI of the 60s was the primary focus of his ire.

In the 1960s, the FBI used wiretaps, bugs, and informants to dig deeply into King’s personal life, because the United States government felt that his peaceful activism for civil liberties was threatening. Garrow said that much of the information gleaned from that government spying on King remains unavailable, including the informants used. Garrow said he had even been threatened with violating the Espionage Act in the early 1980s (when he first started researching the FBI’s surveillance of MLK) “because of the informant identities [he] had managed to discover.”

Garrow said that the FBI at that time had “an organizational culture of surveillance and of political control,” and that it wasn’t limited to the FBI’s founding director J. Edgar Hoover, who remained its head until his death in 1972 and is notorious for his abuses of power. There were attempts at blackmail and encouragement of suicide. “There is only one thing left for you to do. You know what it is,” wrote an FBI agent in a letter to King that detailed knowledge of his extramarital sexual activity. The FBI also leaked the gossip to the press, but it declined to report it.

Baker, who has been the FBI’s general counsel for a little over two years, didn’t defend the agency’s actions in the 60s. He agreed with Garrow and everyone else that spying on King as it was done was a mistake, saying, “There were insufficient constraints on the government’s authority to engage in national security surveillance.” He repeated a story that FBI director James Comey told The Guardian last year, about the director keeping attorney general Robert Kennedy’s approval of the wiretap order for King on his desk as a reminder of the agency’s mistakes.

So what the FBI really learned from spying on MLK is that it is capable of making terrible mistakes and going too far when it comes to surveillance. Baker, who teaches law school courses, said that the MLK example is one he has used for the last decade as an example of the agency’s overreach.

“You can’t understand the statutory framework in which [the FBI] operates today…if you don’t understand the King case,” he said. He referred specifically to Congressional oversight committees and the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act [FISA] and the courts set up under it to govern domestic surveillance, which were a response to the Church Committee’s findings on the surveillance of King and others.

“There is much more significant accountability and oversight constraints with regards to the FBI’s surveillance activities than there were in the past,” said Baker.

But it would seem that the U.S. government as a whole hasn’t taken the King case to heart. Last year, The Intercept revealed that the Department of Homeland Security has been monitoring Black Lives Matter activists, sometimes at “gatherings that seem benign and even mundane.”

The FBI’s current most high-profile attempt to more easily investigate threats and peer into the lives of Americans is its legal wrangling with Apple over the San Bernardino shooter’s encrypted iPhone in California and a drug dealer’s phone in New York. After Apple refused to build a backdoor into the iPhone, the FBI managed to hack its way into the phone, though it’s still fighting the New York case in court.

The recent legal fight was on Baker’s mind Friday. “We love encryption. It helps us in so many ways as a society,” he said. “But it has a cost. We need to think about it as a society: how will we deal with that cost?”

Sadly, the panel did not address the times that the constraints which grew out of King’s surveillance have been abused, bypassed, or ignored. After 9/11, FISA courts were heavily abused by the NSA. The FBI has used tools like national security letters to circumvent FISA court decisions which go against them, which is incredibly rare in the first place. There’ve been calls for change, but a FISA reform bill introduced in 2015 was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where it languished. (That bill’s co-sponsor, Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) is currently behind draft legislation that would effectively outlaw encryption.)

Baker also held up the legal standard of “probable cause,” which FISA court applications must meet, as a bulwark against abuse of surveillance. But as The Intercept and others have reported, it’s impossible to tell how the courts interpret that standard because “only the Justice Department and the FBI are permitted to attend its proceedings on domestic surveillance.”

As a lawyer for the Justice Department in the mid-2000s who reportedly “shared…reservations and aided the judges” concerned about NSA spying and its legality, Baker is certainly aware of the possibility for abuse. But now he’s more concerned with information the FBI doesn’t have, saying electronic surveillance is becoming less effective because of data being guarded by strong encry

Muslim-American Talks About Being Surveilled By Feds, Coming To Vermont

April 12 2016

http://nhpr.org/post/muslim-american-ta ... ng-vermont

Faisal Gill worked for the Department of Homeland Security, but ultimately resigned after being unable to shake suspicions raised by the media largely based on his religion.
Faisal Gill worked for the Department of Homeland Security, but ultimately resigned after being unable to shake suspicions raised by the media largely based on his religion.
Kathleen Masterson / VPR

Originally published on April 12, 2016 12:17 pm
Listen
Listening...

It's come up repeatedly in recent political debates: the idea of monitoring U.S. residents based solely on their religion.

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas defended his idea of having law enforcement patrol Muslim neighborhoods in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Brussels. And candidate Donald Trump, on the Republican side also, has called for surveillance of certain mosques in the United States. But according to a report by a journalist working with former CIA employee turned-whistleblower Edward Snowden, the United States government already has monitored prominent Muslim-Americans – by probing their e-mails.

That alleged surveillance has up-ended the lives of some of the targeted U.S. citizens, casting suspicion on them and dogging their personal, political and professional lives.

Faisal Gill knows about this firsthand. Despite being cleared of any wrongdoing or suspicious activity, he was ultimately compelled to resign from government service in Washington, D.C. All of this, he says, happened before he decided to move to Vermont, making his new home in Winooski, where he now lives. VPR visited him there recently to hear his story.

Gill says it wasn’t until 2014 that he learned the federal government had allegedly been screening his emails. He was contacted by Glenn Greenwald, the news reporter to whom Edward Snowden gave all the documents that he took from the National Security Agency (NSA).

“So I went to New York to meet with Glenn Greenwald. And that's where he told me that, 'Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but between the years of 2006 and 2008 the NSA was monitoring your e-mails.

Gill says one of the many frustrations was that he never had any indication why covert surveillance by NSA and FBI took place. He says permission to surveil his email was likely granted by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court, which operates in secret.

“If you look at the statute, there are four or five categories for why they do surveil people. And they're all fairly, you know, ominous sounding: If you have connections with a foreign government; if you are an agent a foreign government; if you are suspected of terrorist activities. Categories like that, and you know, I had nothing like that.”

Gill says because the court meets in secret, there’s no way to know what it counts as reasonable suspicion.

“The prosecutors and the FBI agents go down [to court] and they issue out an affidavit and say we suspect this person. And then we don't know what happens. What we do know is, 98 percent or 99 percent of all the warrants are approved. And if you go down to Chittenden County Superior Court here and you ask how many ones are approved, I doubt it's that many.”

On being profiled as a Muslim

Gill believes without question that the only reason he was surveilled is because he is a Muslim-American.

“I was born in Pakistan and, you know, and I hate to say this, but I don't know what else to say, is that I'm active. You know, politically, and I'm out there as a Muslim-American and I think that was probably one of the reasons that I was surveilled.”
On the wall in his Winooski apartment, Gill has photos of his three children, and of himself with President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and other government officials.
Credit Kathleen Masterson / VPR

Gills says during the years his emailed was being screened, in 2006 and 2008, he was running as a Republican candidate for the Virginia House of Delegates.

"And I was pretty, always involved in local community, always involved in Muslim advocacy groups. And if you look at all the folks who are involved in Muslim advocacy groups, the list that of the [people] that were surveilled, they're all folks who are fairly active in the Muslim advocacy community. So I think that that kind of had something to do with it.

On profiling affecting his personal and professional life

"From a personal level, when my kids go somewhere, I mean everybody these days Googles you, right? … When they Google me, all this stuff comes up and they don't know what to make of it. So it's affected my kids … I've had you know school officials say, 'Yeah, we Googled you, and it was kind of interesting.'

Professionally, Gill says once he left Depar

FBI agent of the week

James Ahearn

Complaint - FindLaw
FindLaw › news › docs › mcintyreuscmplt
Defendant James Ahearn (“Ahearn”) resides in Phoenix, Arizona. During
all times alleged in this complaint, Ahearn was ..

PDF File of lawsuit against Ahearn

Charges dropped against 6 FBI Agents in James "Whitey" Bulger ...
Democratic Underground › Discuss
Jan 25, 2007 - Charges dropped against 6 FBI Agents in James "Whitey"
Bulger case. ... J. Connolly Jr., as well as John Morris, Robert
Fitzpatrick, James Ring, James Greenleaf, and James Ahearn.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 32x3076967

Cassandra M. Chandler
Assistant Director, Office of Public Affairs
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Phoenix Citizens Academy Graduation
Phoenix, Arizona
April 13, 2005
Good evening. Let me begin by thanking Larry King, who was
instrumental in getting me here. My thanks also to SAC Monroe and the
Phoenix Field Office for the invitation to join you tonight. I am
honored to be a part of your graduation, particularly here in Phoenix,
where the Citizens Academy program got its start.
I understand there are many disciples of Jim Ahearn in the audience.
Jim was the former Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix Field
Office, and the man who started the Citizens Academy here in Phoenix.
We're glad you are here celebrating with us tonight. My thanks also to
the Phoenix Police Department. They gave us the concept of the
Citizens Academy, and we ran with it.
I want to thank all of you for the time and effort you have
contributed to this class. For two months, you shifted priorities and
sacrificed free time to learn more about the FBI. You could have gone
to the movies, read a few chapters in your favorite book, or just sat
back on the couch after a tough day. But you didn't.
Instead, you spent your time with us, every Thursday night, for eight
weeks. You skipped the movie to watch the SWAT team in action. You
traded your favorite novel for safety goggles and a shotgun, and
you've got the bruises to prove it. You left the couch to collect
crime scene evidence. You asked to be informed about the FBI, and we
did our best to "demystify" our day-to-day work, to help you
understand what we're doing to keep America safe.
One of the things you have learned over the past eight weeks is that
our jobs have become more challenging as crime has become more
complex, more sophisticated, and more dangerous. Today, we're seeing
organized crime enterprises launder money for drug groups. Drug groups
possibly selling weapons to terrorists. Terrorists committing white
collar crime to fund their operations. All of them exploiting
technology for criminal purposes.
Let's face it: the days of the G-Men tearing down the road in hot
pursuit of a bank robber or a gangster are long gone. Terrorism,
technology, and homeland security are now a part of our daily
vocabulary.
The playing field has changed--and changed dramatically. The good news
is, so has the FBI.
Years ago, law enforcement and intelligence agencies had a tendency to
work alone, keeping information and expertise to themselves.
Businesses, communities, and citizens stood on the
sidelines--concerned, but remote from the work of law enforcement.
The 9/11 attacks taught us all a painful lesson: we cannot defeat our
enemies standing alone. Rather, we have had to find new ways of doing
things to defeat today's sophisticated criminal and terrorist
networks, like changing the way we function within the FBI and
formulating new opportunities for sharing information and working
together with others, like you.
I want to talk for just a moment about the idea of form and function
working together. Being here in Phoenix makes me think of
world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright, who designed and built
beautiful buildings in Scottsdale and around the country. Wright was
an architectural pioneer who believed that form and function should
work in tandem with each other. That man-made structures should
complement the surrounding natural landscape, and that everything,
form and function, should work together in unity.
This principle of form and function working together in unity is one
that we in the FBI are putting into practice every day.
We are collaborating with new partners in new ways. We are working
with our international counterparts and with cops on the local beat.
We are coordinating with leaders in the intelligence community and
leaders in your community. We are sharing information, technology, and
investigative techniques with law enforcement agencies across the
country and around the world. We are working with businesses and
schools and civic organizations and individuals like you every day to
prevent crime and to prevent the next terrorist attack. We have come
together as one team, with one motivation--protecting our nation, our
communities, and our children.
In short, we have changed our form and our function--to work together
in unity, not just with our law enforcement and intelligence partners,
but also with you--the citizens we have sworn to protect.
The Citizens Academy is one of the greatest examples of how we have
come together as a team. Through this academy, you are helping us to
build stronger citizen commitment and community support. You are
helping to build a bridge between law enforcement and the community.
You are helping to dispel some of the myths surrounding the FBI. Now
you know that we are not "men in dark suits who come to get you in the
middle of the night," as I've learned one of your classmates said. We
are men and women, of all races and ages, working--everyday--to
protect you.
By working with us, you have improved our ability to protect you, and
you have made Phoenix a safer place to live.
Earlier I described how Frank Lloyd Wright designed his buildings,
ensuring that form and function worked in unity with the building's
surroundings. Let me go a step further.
Beyond the structure itself, Wright said that "the room within is the
great fact about the building." He meant that greatness isn't defined
just by the form and function of the building. It's the way the rooms
inside flow together, how each room is used--these are the things that
make a building great.
So imagine our nation as an enormous building. A great building. Now
think of our schools, churches, and civic groups; our businesses,
police departments and government agencies. These are the rooms of our
building.
In these rooms, we come together for a common purpose--to protect our
nation. We come together as a team: the FBI changing its form and
function to fit the new structural realities of global crime and
terrorism, and you--the leaders of the community we serve--changing,
learning, and working with us...all of us flowing together to help
build a safe nation.
You know, from my youngest days, I have always believed in the power
of one. The power of one person to make a difference. But as I
continue to witness the incredible coming together of law enforcement,
the intelligence community, and other communities we serve, I have
come to realize that the power of one also means something else. It
stands for the power of unity.
Within that building we just imagined, we may come from different
rooms. We may have different backgrounds, with different jobs and
different roles in society.
But ultimately, we are one people with one mission: to ensure that our
nation--this great building--will stand strong and secure, and that it
will withstand the changing landscape of global crime and terrorism.
We have much to gain by working together in unity. And through
participating in the Citizens Academy you have taken a great step in
that direction. But remember, this is just the beginning.
Our team effort cannot stop after you leave this room tonight. You
must continue to act as ambassadors for the FBI, helping your
community understand the work we're doing. You must remain part of a
larger community dedicated to protecting America. You must serve as
the eyes and ears of law enforcement...as the everyday guardians of
freedom, justice, and democracy.
The challenges we face are fierce. But standing together, we are a
powerful network, a team that cannot be defeated.
Congratulations on your graduation. And may God bless you for your
strength and for your willingness to work together with law
enforcement building a nation that will stand secure 20...50...100
years from now. You know, whenever I think of you and your devotion to
the Citizen's Academy, I will think of how my 15-year-old son would
describe your support. He'd say, "I've got your back." And all of us
in the FBI would reply, "Indeed you do, and we thank you."
Get FBI Updates

F.B.I. Official Suspended for Reno Criticism
Published: February 25, 1994

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/25/us/fb ... icism.html

PHOENIX, Feb. 24— The Federal Bureau of Investigation's top official
in Arizona has been suspended a few days before his scheduled
retirement because of his published criticism of Attorney General
Janet Reno.

The official, James Ahearn, who has been with the agency for 35 years,
was placed on administrative leave with pay on Tuesday for his
comments in an interview on Feb. 13 in The Arizona Republic, an F.B.I.
spokesman, Dean St. Dennis, said on Wednesday.

In the interview, Mr. Ahearn questioned Ms. Reno's ability to run the
Justice Department, which includes the F.B.I., and criticized her for
rejecting a plan to merge the bureau and the Drug Enforcement
Administration.

"When she first was appointed, I was excited," Mr. Ahearn said in the
interview. "Here was a prosecutor from Florida who I thought could do
an excellent job. But she went to Washington and forgot that she's the
nation's prosecutor. She's become a social worker."

Mr. Ahearn, 53, said Wednesday that he did not regret speaking out.

Although Mr. Ahearn retire

Executive Profile
James F. Ahearn
Senior Vice-President, Operations, GameCorp Inc.
Age Total Calculated Compensation This person is connected to 0 Board
Members in 0 different organizations across 2 different industries.
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stock ... Corp%20Inc.
75 --
Background
James F. Ahearn, Jim serves as Chief Executive Officer of Worldwide
Hospitality Management and Marketing, Inc. Mr. Ahearn is a veteran of
over twenty five years with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the
last 17 years of which were in top executive capacities heading
various field divisions throughout the United States. In 2003, Mr.
Ahearn, together with four partners, established Worldwide Hospitality
Management and Marketing, Inc., (a private entity) whose aim is to
take advantage of the newly acquired disposable wealth of the emerging
Chinese upper middle class. While serving in these positions he
performed many international liaison duties, interfacing with leading
figures of foreign governments. He served as Interim Chief Financial
Officer of Trackpower Inc. since November 2006. Following early
retirement from the Bureau in 1994, Mr. Ahearn entered the private
sector by accepting a position as Chief Operating Officer for Capital
Gaming, Inc. He was called upon to completely re-vamp a newly acquired
subsidiary specializing in Indian gaming, while at the same time
overseeing the construction of several casinos on tribal lands located
in various parts of the Western United States. After successfully
completing the construction phase, he supervised the daily operations
of all the properties. After five years of leading the subsidiary, Mr.
Ahearn left to form a management consulting firm, Corporate Integrity
Services, Inc. in Scottsdale, Arizona which performed a variety of
services for the business community, particularly in gaming and
related matters. He led teams of consultants in conducting operational
reviews of casinos, and other enterprises, evaluating effectiveness of
internal control policies and procedures. Mr. Ahearn serves as
Chairman of the Board of Worldwide Hospitality Management and
Marketing, Inc. He served as Chairman of the FBI Citizens Academy
Foundation. He served as Director of Trackpower Inc. from October 12,
2005 to February 2007. He served as Director at Locateplus Holdings
Corp. He was the recipient of numerous commendations and awards during
his tenure, including selection by the agency's Director as
'Distinguished Executive of the Year' in 1992. Mr. Ahearn is a
graduate of St. John's University, Queens, N.Y. with a degree in
Management/Marketing. He is also a graduate of the University of
Nevada, Reno, Institute for the Study of Gambling and Commercial
Gaming, a Masters level program in gaming and hospitality issues. In
1992, he graduated from the National Executive Institute, Washington,
D.C., and has completed Dr. W. Edwards Deming's course 'How to Manage
Successfully Today and Tomorrow'.
Collapse Detail

http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/titl ... over-names

Diocese Hands Over Names - Parker Waichman LLP
www.yourlawyer.com › Articles
Sep 10, 2002 | The Arizona Republic The names of 15 priests and other
employees have been ... pulled together a team of seven attorneys and
former local FBI head James Ahearn to concentrate on a ...

David Kairys
ARCHIVAL COLLECTIONS
David Kairys Papers
1960-2011 (bulk 1962-2009)
UPT 50 K134
95.0 Cubic feet
Prepared by Joseph-James Ahern
February 2012
Access to collections is granted in accordance with the Protocols for
the University Archives and Records Center.

PROVENANCE

The David Kairys Papers were donated to the University Archives and
Records Center by David Kairys in June and August 2011 (Accession #
2011: 35).

Return to the top
ARRANGEMENT

The David Kairys Papers are organized into four series: Professional,
Legal Cases, Works By, and Personal. The material within each series
is arranged alphabetically. The original order of the files was
maintained during processing.

Return to the top
BIOGRAPHICAL NOTE

David Kairys was born in Baltimore Maryland on April 16, 1943. He
attended Cornell University where he studied engineering and economics
and was awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in 1965. Drawn to
the law while observing and participating in the civil rights
movement, he entered Columbia University Law School where he received
the degree of Bachelor of Laws in 1968. Kairys finished his education
with the degree of Master of Laws from the University of Pennsylvania
Law School in 1971, where he was a fellow in Community Law and
Criminal Litigation, an innovative clinical law program at Penn that
involved litigation and teaching.
Kairys started his legal career in that Penn program in 1968 as a
public defender with the Defender Association of Philadelphia. In
1971, along with David Rudovsky, he was a founding partner in the law
firm Kairys & Rudovsky (in 2012, Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing & Feinberg;
Kairys is currently of counsel) with the goal to create a public
interest practice to litigate civil rights, civil liberties, and
public interest issues. Kairys won the leading race discrimination
case against the FBI, won challenges to unrepresentative juries around
the country, stopped police sweeps in Philadelphia, was the lead
lawyer in the most significant acquittal of anti-Vietnam War activists
(Camden 28), represented Dr. Benjamin Spock in a free speech case
before the Supreme Court, and conceived and litigated the city
lawsuits against handgun manufacturers. He is widely known for his
creative and regularly successful strategies and legal theories on the
range of civil rights and liberties, police abuse, criminal defense,
and government and corporate misconduct.
Kairys has also pursued an academic career since 1972 when he was
appointed a lecturer in urban studies at the University of
Pennsylvania. In 1980 the University of Pennsylvania appointed him an
adjunct professor of sociology, a position he held through 1990.
Kairys eventually decided to leave fulltime legal practice, and so in
the Fall of 1990 he accepted the appointment of professor of law at
the Temple University Law School, teaching courses in constitutional
law, political and civil rights, law, science and technology, and
privacy law. From 2001 to 2007 he was the first James E. Beasley chair
in the law school. In 2012, Kairys continues to teach at Temple
University, write, and litigate parttime.
Kairys has been a prolific author, writing over 35 articles and book
chapters, numerous op-ed pieces on a range of legal and nonlegal
issues, and monographs related to his legal and political interests.
Most notable are his three books The Politics of Law: A Progressive
Critique (1982, new editions in 1990, 1998); With Liberty and Justice
for Some, A Critique of the Conservative Supreme Court (1993); and
Philadelphia Freedom, Memoir of a Civil Rights Lawyer (2008).

Return to the top
SCOPE AND CONTENT

The David Kairys Papers document the professional and legal career of
civil rights attorney, author, and law professor David Kairys. The
collection has been organized into four series: Professional, Legal
Cases, Works By, and Personal. The Professional Series documents
Kairys' activities outside of the court room. This includes
affiliations, conferences, expert testimony, and teaching files. Most
notable are his affiliations with the Coalition for Police
Accountability, the Conference on Critical Legal Studies, and the
Crisis Intervention Network. The Legal Cases Series contains files for
the various court cases Kairys served as an attorney, such as the
Camden 28, Freedom of Information Act Requests, and Handgun
Litigation. These files contain correspondence, transcripts,
depositions, notes, and court documents for the various cases. Some
legal case files can be found in Kairys' memoir files in the Works By
series, and have been referenced accordingly. The Works By Series
contains the publications written by Kairys throughout his career
including articles, op-ed pieces, chapters, edited works, and books -
most notably his memoir Philadelphia Freedom: Memoir of a Civil Rights
Lawyer. Files in the Works By Series contain correspondence, notes,
drafts, and final versions. The Personal Series documents Kairys
college education at Cornell, Columbia, and the University of
Pennsylvania; his historic newspaper collection from the 1960s and
1970s, and his selective service files. There is no family
correspondence in the Personal Series.
There are a number of restricted files in the David Kairys Papers that
are absolutely closed for 75 years from the date of creation, based
either on the donor's request or University of Pennsylvania policy.
These files have been noted as CLOSED in the inventory.

Return to the top
CONTROLLED ACCESS HEADINGS

Personal Name(s)

Kairys, David, 1943
Subject(s)

Civil rights--United States.
Law--Political aspects.
Lawyers--United States.
Return to the top

INVENTORY

PROFESSIONAL
Box
Folder
Affiliations
Coalition for Police Accountability
1986-1987
1986-1993
Appendix A: A Brief History of Police Abuse, 1986
Bar Commission on Police, 1982-1988
Bills 297 and 317 Material, 1991-1992
Correspondence, 1986-1987
Correspondence, 1986-1988
Correspondence, 1987-1996 (1)
Correspondence, 1987-1996 (2)
Correspondence, 1992-1993
Independent Inquiry and Review Board - Draft, n.d.
Legislation, 1980-1995
Meetings
1985-1988
1986-1987
Membership
Miscellaneous, 1988
Newspaper Clippings
1985-1987
1986-1987
1990-1995
Northeastern Political Science Association Talk, 1987
Notes, 1985-1987
Police Advisory Board, 1992
Police Command and Abuse of Citizens, n.d.
Press Packet, 1992
Press Release, 1986
Proposal to Transfer Responsibility for the Investigation of Police
Abuse Complaints to the Office of the Inspector General, 1987
Proposals or Program of Coalition - Draft, 1986
Reference
1984-1987
1986-1987 (1)
1986-1987 (2)
1986-1987 (3)
Report and Recommendations
Draft, 1986 (1)
Draft, 1986 (2)
Draft, 1986 (3)
Report of the Advisory Group, 1991
Report of the First Year's Activities, 1987
Report on Survey of Conditions at the Police Administration Building,
n.d.
Summary of Recommendations, n.d.
VHS Tape: Commonwealth v. Ziegler, 1984
Conference on Critical Legal Studies
Boston, 1992
Bringing Politics to the Court Room, 1979
Conferences, 1981-1986 (1)
Conferences, 1981-1986 (2)
Correspondence
1977-1985 (1)
1977-1985 (2)
1978-1985 (1)
1978-1985 (2)
1978-1985 (3)
Meetings
Conference Material, 1983
Correspondence, 1982-1983
Notes, n.d.
Papers, 1983 (1)
Papers, 1983 (2)
Reference Material, 1979, 1982
Miscellaneous, 1982-1985 (1)
Miscellaneous, 1982-1985 (2)
Newsletter, 1983-1984
Notes, 1980-1981
Papers, 1977-1978 (1)
Papers, 1977-1978 (2)
Philadelphia, 1978-1979
Politics of Class and the Construction of Identity, 1995
Summer Camp
Consumers Education and Protective Association, 1979
Crisis Intervention Network
1986-1989 (1)
1986-1989 (2)
Board Meetings
1983-1986 (1)
1983-1986 (2)
1985 (1)
1985 (2)
Correspondence, 1983-1987 (1)
Correspondence, 1983-1987 (2)
Executive Committee, 1983
Jobs for Economic Growth, 1988 (1)
Jobs for Economic Growth, 1988 (2)
Public Service Employment, 1987-1988 (1)
Public Service Employment, 1987-1988 (2)
Public Service Employment, 1987-1988 (3)
Publicity, 1984-1986 (1)
Publicity, 1984-1986 (2)
East Mount Airy Neighbors, Inc, 1989-1990
Encyclopedia of the American Judicial System Editorial Advisory Board,
1983-1987
In These Times - Publishers Associates, 1979-1980
Keystone Alliance, 1979
Nader 2000
Correspondence, 1999-2001
Reference Material, 2000 (1)
Reference Material, 2000 (2)
Saving the Courts, 2000
Nader 2004, 2004
National Lawyers Guild
Committee on Theoretical Studies
1979-1983 (1)
1979-1983 (2)
1979-1983 (3)
1979-1983 (4)
1980-1982 (1)
1980-1982 (2)
1983-1986 (1)
1983-1986 (2)
1983-1986 (3)
Bibliography and Study Group Subcommittee, 1979-1980
Civil Liberties Subcommittee, 1979
Conference Registration, 1979
Financial, 1979-1980
Mailing Lists, 1979
Materials on Theory of the Law and the State, 1978-1979 (1)
Materials on Theory of the Law and the State, 1978-1979 (2)
Materials on Theory of the Law and the State, 1978-1979 (3)
Membership, 1979-1983
Miscellaneous, 1979-1980 (1)
Miscellaneous, 1979-1980 (2)
Miscellaneous, 1979-1980 (3)
Sexism and Patriarchy Subcommittee, 1979
Student Pamphlet Subcommittee, 1978-1981 (1)
Student Pamphlet Subcommittee, 1978-1981 (2)
Student Pamphlet Subcommittee, 1978-1981 (3)
Convention, 1983
Executive Board Meeting, 1980
Fiftieth Anniversary, 1987
Northeast Regional, 1987
New Press
Legal Advisory Committee
1990-1991
1993-1994
Pennsylvania Judicial Selection Project, 1980-1983
Progressive Alliance, 1979-1980
Public Ownership and Control of Oil, 1979-1980
United Nations Commission on Human Rights, 2005 [closed]
Bar, 1968-1970
Central America
Correspondence, 1987-1988
Miscellaneous, 1986-1988 (1)
Miscellaneous, 1986-1988 (2)
National Conference on the Nicaraguan Constitution, 1986 (1)
National Conference on the Nicaraguan Constitution, 1986 (2)
National Conference on the Nicaraguan Constitution, 1986 (3)
Newspaper Clippings, 1986-1988 (1)
Newspaper Clippings, 1986-1988 (2)
Nicaragua / Honduras Trip, 1986-1987
Notes, 1986
Op-ed Column, 1986 (1)
Op-ed Column, 1986 (2)
Reference Material, 1985-1987 (1)
Reference Material, 1985-1987 (2)
Reference Material, 1985-1987 (3)
Columbia Survey of Human Rights Law, 1968
Commission on the Democratic Selection of Presidential Nominees, 1968
Conferences
Alternative Practice, 1979
American Legal Studies Association, 1983
American University Law Review
Is there a Constitutional Right to Vote and Be Represented? The Case
of the District of Columbia
Correspondence, 1998
Page Proofs, 1998-1999
Program Material, 1998
Reference Material, 1998
Transcript, n.d.
Race, Law and Justice: The Rehnquist Court and the American Dilemma,
Back to Basics, 1998 (1)
Back to Basics, 1998 (2)
Center for Voting and Democracy Workshop, 2001 (1)
Center for Voting and Democracy Workshop, 2001 (2)
Colby College Forum, 1988 (1)
Colby College Forum, 1988 (2)
Connecticut Law Review
Guns and Liability in America
Correspondence, 2000
Drafts, 2000 (1)
Drafts, 2000 (2)
Program Material, 2000
Reference Material, 2000
Education Fund, 2002
Law and Society Association, 1987
Marxism and Law Workshop, 1979
Marxist Union, 1980-1981
PARSS / Work and Welfare Seminar, 1989
Socialist Scholars Conference, 1985
Temple University: New Roles, No Rules? Post-Conference Comments,
1999-2000
Temple University: Race, Gender and Free Speech, 1993-1994
University of Arizona: Guns, Crime and Punishment in America, 2001
University of Pennsylvania: New Approaches to Public Interest Law,
Washington College of Law, American University
Rehnquist Court and the American Dilemma
Conference Material, 1995
Correspondence, 1995-1996
Draft, 1995 (1)
Drafts, 1995 (2)
Drafts, 1996
Notes, 1995
Papers, 1996
Reference Material, 1994-1995
Supreme Court, Racial Politics and the Right to Vote
Correspondence, 1994
Galley Proofs, 1994
Material, 1994
Transcript of Proceedings, 1994
Consultation
Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition
1999-2003
2002-2003 (1)
2002-2003 (2)
2002-2003 (3)
Street Transition Team, 2000
Correspondence
Babcock, Barbara, 1993
Brown, Peter Harry, 2000-2002 (1)
Brown, Peter Harry, 2000-2002 (2)
Cover, Bob, 1966
Miscellaneous, 1968
Cox Committee, 1968
Emma Goldman Project, 1989-1992
Expert Testimony
Baglini v. Lauletta
1998-2002 (1)
1998-2002 (2)
Correspondence, 1997-1998
Court Documents, 1997 (1)
Court Documents, 1997 (2)
Court Documents, 1997 (3)
Court Documents, 1997 (4)
Court Documents, 1997 (5)
Court Documents, 1997 (6)
Court Documents, 1997 (7)
Notes, 1997
Pring, George W. and Penelope Canan, SLAPPs: Getting Sued for Speaking
Out, 1996
Reference Material, 1973-1998
SLAPP CLE, 2002
Court Openness, 2005-2006 (1)
Court Openness, 2005-2006 (2)
Fassnachut v Philadelphia, 1993
United States Commission on Civil Rights: Challenge of Civil Rights in
the 21st Century: Liberty and Justice for All, 1994
United States Senate
Glass Ceiling in Federal Agencies
Correspondence, 1991
Hearing Records, 1991 (1)
Hearing Records, 1991 (2)
Reference Material, 1991
Testimony, 1991
Idaho Indian Law, 1988
Jobs and Schools, 1968-1969
Jury Tour, 1975-1976
Philadelphia Book Club, 1972
Philadelphia Office of the National Emergency Civil Liberties
Committee Report, 1971-1978
Rabinowitz and Boudin, 1967 (1)
Rabinowitz and Boudin, 1967 (2)
Radio Times: Identity Cards and Numbers, 2001
Subject File
1996 Election, 1995-1997
Attica / Wounded Knee - Political Trials, 1975-1976
Auto Safety, 1980-1981
Bakke Case, 1978
Gun Control
1989-1992
1993-1998
Advertisements, 1994-1997 (1)
Advertisements, 1994-1997 (2)
Advertisements, 1994-1997 (3)
Andrews, Howard, 1997-1999
City Handgun Suits Op-ed, 1998-1999
Cook, Philip J., 1997-2000
Court Cases, 1999-2002 (1)
Court Cases, 1999-2002 (2)
Crime Connection, 1997
Dunbar, Frederick C., 1997-1998 (1)
Dunbar, Frederick C., 1997-1998 (2)
Economic Effects, 1995-1998 (1)
Economic Effects, 1995-1998 (2)
Educational Fund to End Handgun Violence, 1999-2000
Handgun Book, 1998
Henigan, Dennis A., 1995-2001 (1)
Henigan, Dennis A., 1995-2001 (2)
Illinois Public Nuisance, 2003
Indiana Public Nuisance, 2003
Industry, 1992-1997 (1)
Industry, 1992-1997 (2)
Johns Hopkins University, 1996-2000 (1)
Johns Hopkins University, 1996-2000 (2)
Johns Hopkins University, 1996-2000 (3)
Joint City Guns Motions, 1999
Joint Government Coordination, 1999-2000
Kellermann, Arthur L., 1983-1996
Law Review Articles, 1975-1992 (1)
Law Review Articles, 1975-1992 (2)
Lawsuit Ban Op-ed, 1999
Ludwig, Jens, 1999
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Case, 2001
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Case,
2002-2003
National Rifle Association, 1992 (1)
National Rifle Association, 1992 (2)
Negligent Entrustment Research, 1999-2000 (1)
Negligent Entrustment Research, 1999-2000 (2)
Nuisance Research, 1999-2000 (1)
Nuisance Research, 1999-2000 (2)
Oregon Public Nuisance, 2003
Periodical List, 1991-1992
Pierce, Glenn L., 1998
Press Material, 1994-2001 (1)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (2)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (3)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (4)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (5)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (6)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (7)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (8)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (9)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (10)
Press Material, 1994-2001 (11)
Public Nuisance Abatability in Illinois, 2003 (1)
Public Nuisance Abatability in Illinois, 2003 (2)
Ray and Johnstone vs. Accu-Tec, 1995
Schumer Study, 1999
Smith and Wesson Settlement, 2000
Stewart, David, 1997-2000
Temple CLE Course, 1999
Vince, Joe, 2000
Violence Policy Center, 1997
Wintemute, Garen, 2001
Iran Crisis, 1979-1981
Newt Gingrich, 1994-1996
Police
1991-1995 (1)
1991-1995 (2)
1991-1995 (3)
Correspondence, 1987-1997
House Bill 1638, 1995
News clippings, 1975-1976
News clippings, 1991-1998
Rizzo, Frank, 1970-2005
Rizzo, Frank, 1973-1976 (1)
Rizzo, Frank, 1973-1976 (2)
Provident National Bank - South African Loans, 1978
Race, Affirmative Action, Philadelphia, 1994-2000
Sotomayor Confirmation, 2009
Terrorism, 1979
Voting Rights, 1994-1998 (1)
Voting Rights, 1994-1998 (2)
Voting Rights, 1994-1998 (3)
Voting Rights, 1994-1998 (4)
Voting, Elections, Proper Representation, 1998-2001 (1)
Voting, Elections, Proper Representation, 1998-2001 (2)
Voting, Elections, Proper Representation, 1998-2001 (3)
Voting, Elections, Proper Representation, 1998-2001 (4)
Talks
American Civil Liberties Union, 1987
Balch Institute, 1995
Charter of Rights, 1985 (1)
Charter of Rights, 1985 (2)
Charter of Rights, 1985 (3)
Disorder in the Courts, 1986
Freedom of Speech in Historical Perspective, 1988
Friel-Scanlan Award Lecture, 1992
Hadley Fund - Free Speech Lecture, 1982
Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Keynote at Penn, 2009
Miscellaneous, 1979-1987
New York Bar Association, 1989
Philadelphia Women in Communications, 1979
Racist Violence - Harvard, 1984
State of Civil Rights on 200th Anniversary, White Dog Café, 1991
Supreme Court's Decision in the Election of George Bush, 2001 (1)
Supreme Court's Decision in the Election of George Bush, 2001 (2)
Towards a More Perfect Union, 1987
Tsinghua University Law School Conference, 2002
Wayne State - University of Michigan, 1988
Teaching
Correspondence, 1986
Course Materials Book, 1983 (1)
Course Materials Book, 1983 (2)
Course Materials Book, 1985 (1)
Course Materials Book, 1985 (2)
Free Law School
Demonstrations Course, 1976
Lawyers, Guns and Money, 1999
Position Inquiries, 1983-1987 (1)
Position Inquiries, 1983-1987 (2)
Reference Material, 1983
University of California Santa Cruz
Correspondence, 1975
Miscellaneous Material, 1975
Sociology Board Meetings, 1975
Temple University
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:19 pm

couple of reads

let god sort out the truth

these are the people running your
criminal justice system

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3778734-155/ ... oking-of-a

Investigation into alleged choking of a man by Beaver County sheriff remains mystery

April 14 2016

The Utah attorney general's office Thursday again argued that records surrounding allegations that Beaver County Sheriff Cameron Noel choked a potential witness following a May 2014 homicide should not be released to The Salt Lake Tribune.

Blaine Ferguson, assistant attorney general, told the Utah State Records Committee that documents relating to the immediate aftermath of the homicide of Reginald Searcy, 45, in Beaver were protected because an FBI investigation of Noel was ongoing. Releasing the information could interfere with the two-year-old case, Ferguson said.

"The attorney general's office has demonstrated the [protected] classification is justified," Ferguson said, citing a letter to the committee by FBI Agent Michelle W. Pickins that said releasing the records would "jeopardize the integrity" of the ongoing civil rights investigation of Noel.

Searcy was stabbed to death by his wife, Dorothy Louise Searcy, 44, at Beaver's Country Inn Motel. Her son, then-28-year-old Timothy Scott Wilson, was with his fiancée in a nearby room. When officers arrived, Wilson became agitated, according to documents. After Wilson was placed in handcuffs, according to witness accounts, Noel placed two hands around the man's neck and choked him

Ex FBI agent child porn collector 'not a danger' to school
Seattle man gets $1,000 fine, isn't banned from home across from Ballard school

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime/ar ... 236986.php

Friday, April 8, 2016

A Seattle child pornography collector with ties to the FBI won’t go to prison and may be able to return to his home across from a Ballard-area elementary school.

Cybersecurity consultant Brian Haller was spared prison Friday after he was caught with 600 photos and videos picturing the sexual exploitation of children as young as 9. Haller, 40, asked that he be allowed to return to his home across the street from West Woodland Elementary School in the Ballard area of Seattle

Haller was caught with child pornography showing children aged 9 to 14. A psychologist hired by Haller suggested children at the school -- where students range in age from 5 to 12 – could be protected so long as Haller covered his front windows and stayed inside during school hours

Prior to his arrest in July, Haller , a former FBI agent, led the Seattle chapter of an FBI-private sector group tasked with fighting computer crime and cyberterrorism. As a volunteer, Haller had access to a secure FBI online platform and email system, though he is not alleged to have used either to collect child porn.

Usually, Haller’s crimes would carry a four or five-year prison term. Instead, federal prosecutors asked that Haller be spared even jail.

Usually, a defendant like Haller would face four to five years in federal prison. Had he been prosecuted in Washington state court, the standard sentence for his crime was a year in prison

Haller moved to Seattle in 2001, going to work for a multi-billion-dollar government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. A Booz Allen spokeswoman said Haller resigned from the company in 2011.

On Playpen, Haller was a “newbie” known as “jbeldar.” In his first nine days on the site, he spent seven hours surfing it.

An FBI special agent noted in court papers that Haller’s collection included a 40-minute video showing the sexual exploitation of an 11-year-old girl.

As stomach-turning as his videos were, far worse were moving through Playpen. Investigators note Haller passed close to one such video showing a mother sexually assaulting her young daughter; other members of the site are accused of trading rape videos of drugged or bound children.

The F.B.I. Deemed Agents Faultless in 150 Shootings - The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/.../in-150-shoot ... less.htm...
Jun 18, 2013 - In most of the shootings, the F.B.I.'s internal investigation was the only official ... the records show, deemed the shooting to have been justified. .... the bureau's image goes down the toilet if it doesn't investigate itself properly.”.
The FBI's Nearly Unbelievable Record of "Justified" Shootings - Slate
http://www.slate.com/.../ibragim_todash ... njustifi...
Jun 19, 2013 - We're still waiting for the FBI to finish its internal investigation into exactly what ... The FBI's Nearly Unbelievable Record of "Justified" Shootings .... gay people, these scholars also found themselves on the defensive about their ...
The FBI's License to Kill: Agents Have Been Deemed "Justified" in Every Shooting Since 1993 | Democracy Now!
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/21/t ... ill_agents
Jun 21, 2013 - "The F.B.I. Deemed Agents Faultless in 150 Shootings. ... Information Act lawsuit to obtain the internal records of FBI shooting reviews—every ... happened; they defer to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate itself.
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Link du jour
http://ticklethewire.com/2016/04/18/fbi ... n-germany/

http://kensinger.blogspot.com/

http://ticklethewire.com/2016/04/18/col ... -greeting/

http://www.govtech.com/security/Apple-A ... -Feud.html

Apple Accuses FBI of Ulterior Motives in New York iPhone Feud
In early April, U.S. prosecutors penned a letter to a federal judge in
Brooklyn requesting that Apple unlock an iPhone in a drug trafficking
case, but the tech giant claims there is no proof that an unlocked
iPhone is necessary.
by Howard Mintz, San Jose Mercury News / April 18, 2016 0

http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/18/the-f ... ram-to-cat

The FBI's Orwellian Little Program To Catch Would-Be Jihadis
The Shared Responsibility Committees program will force ordinary Muslims to spy on their own communities

Shikha Dalmia|Apr. 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Heat is online

2 stories
1 farenheit
1 celsius

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... bal-record

Climate change

March temperature smashes 100-year global record

Average global temperature was 1.07C hotter - beating last month’s
previous record increase
An illustration shows that 2015 was the hottest year since 1880.

Friday 15 April 2016 11.33 EDT
Last modified on Friday 15 April 2016 14.52 EDT

The global temperature in March has shattered a century-long record
and by the greatest margin yet seen for any month.

February was far above the long-term average globally, driven largely
by climate change, and was described by scientists as a “shocker” and
signalling “a kind of climate emergency”. But data released by the
Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) shows that March was even hotter.

Compared with the 20th-century average, March was 1.07C hotter across
the globe, according to the JMA figures, while February was 1.04C
higher. The JMA measurements go back to 1891 and show that every one
of the past 11 months has been the hottest

https://robertscribbler.com/

Conditions Promoting the Arctic Sea Ice Collapse Are Exceptionally
Strong This Spring

It didn’t take long for Arctic sea ice to start to respond to a
fossil-fuel based accumulation of hothouse gasses in the Earth’s
atmosphere. For since the 1920s, that region of ocean ice along the
northern polar zone has been in a steady, and increasingly rapid,
retreat. Rachel Carson wrote about the start of the Northern
Hemisphere ocean ice decline in her ground-breaking 1955 book — The
Edge of the Sea.

But it wasn’t until the late 1970s that consistent satellite
observations began to provide an unbroken record telling the tale of
Arctic sea ice decline. The National Snow and Ice Data Center, The
Polar Science Center (PIOMAS), Japan’s JAXA, The Danish Meteorological
Institute, and others have since that time provided a loyal recording
of the stark

http://www.educationworld.com/a_news/gr ... t-activity

Groups Call for Cease and Desist of FBI Effort to Increase Student
Awareness About Terrorist Activity

The FBI quietly rolled out “Don’t Be a Puppet” in February, a website
that aims to inform students about signs of violent extremism so they
can help authorities identify potential terrorist suspects in schools.
The site also attempts to prevent students from being radicalized.

The site is being criticized by several big-name groups including The
American Civil Liberties Union and the American-Arab
Anti-Discrimination Committee who say the site will end up isolating
Muslim students and increase low-tolerance, bullying in schools.

"The website is an effort to counter an expanding problem, according
to the FBI: the recruitment, especially online, of young people by
violent extremist organizations. However, since 'Don’t Be a Puppet’
went live in February, it has

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160 ... 2003.shtml

Documents Show FBI Deployed Software Exploits To Break Encryption Back
In 2003
from the and-privacy-and-security-for-none... dept

Documents FOIA'ed by Ryan Shapiro and shared with the New York Times
shed some new light on previous FBI efforts to break encryption. Back
in 2003, the FBI was investigating an animal rights group for possibly
sabotaging companies that used animals for testing. The FBI's
Department of Cutesy Investigation Names dubbed this "Operation Trail
Mix," which I'm sure endeared it to the agents on the case. At the
center of the investigation were emails the FBI couldn't read. But it
found a way.

They persuaded a judge to let them remotely, and secretly, install
software on the group’s computers to help get around the encryption.

That effort, revealed in newly declassified and released records,
shows in new detail how F.B.I. hackers worked to defeat encryption
more than a decade before the agency’s recent fight with Apple over
access to a locked iPhone.

The documents don't detail what the exploit was, but it targeted PGP
-- the encryption method used to keep the group's communications
private. The FBI was able to obtain a "full access" warrant to grab
every communication, but that did nothing to decode the scrambled
emails. The documents don't specify what the FBI used, but language
suggests it either copied the decryption keys or deployed a keylogger
to snag passwords.

Either way, it apparently was the first time the FBI had deployed its
own malware.

“This was the first time that the Department of Justice had ever
approved such an intercept of this type,” an F.B.I. agent wrote in a
2005 document summing up the case.

The secrecy surrounding the FBI's tactics was nearly absolute. The
wiretap order was discl

3 stories

College for Convicts: The Case for Higher Education in American ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0786495332
Christopher Zoukis - 2014 - ‎Education
The Case for Higher Education in American Prisons Christopher Zoukis.
“Prison ... Richards, S., D. Faggiani, K. Roffers, R. Hendricksen, and
J. Krueger. ... Piché, J. “Barriers to Knowing Inside: Education in
Prisons and Education on Prisons.
Facilitating Prisoner Ethnography - Qualitative Inquiry
qix.sagepub.com/content/20/4/449.refs

Justin Piché, Assistant Professor, Department of Criminology,
University of Ottawa, 120 University, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada.
... Based on our editorial work with the Journal of Prisoners on
Prisons—a ..... Richards S.,; Ross J. I.. (2004) ...
The Marion Experiment: Long-Term Solitary Confinement and the ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0809333775
Stephen C. Richards - 2015 - ‎Social Science

Long-Term Solitary Confinement and the Supermax Movement Stephen C.
Richards. Department of Correctional Services. Retrieved December 6,
2011, from ...
USP Marion: A Few Prisoners Summon the Courage to Speak ...
https://www.semanticscholar.org/...Pris ... 50cf5af8...
USP Marion: A Few Prisoners Summon the Courage to Speak. Stephen C.
Richards; 2015 ... Justin Piché, Kevin Walby · British Journal of
Criminology; 2010 ...
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:53 pm

https://robertscribbler.com/2016/04/26/ ... he-arctic/

Republican Climate Change Denial is Blinding Our Ability to Observe
the Arctic
Denial.

It’s all-too-often what happens to the powerful when they are
confronted with the consequences of their own bad actions. It can best
be said that denial is blindness — the willful inability to open one’s
eyes to the tough reality of the world. In literature, we can see
denial in the tragic sin of hubris and in the metaphor of Oedipus the
King gouging his own eyes out as a result of his failure to come to
terms with the warnings of prophecy.

In the psychological sense, denial involves the inability to cope with
reality such that a person will act in an irrational fashion to the
point of generating fantasies that the object of said denial does not
exist. Behaviorally, this results in an increasing degradation of a
person’s ability to confront or cope with the object of denial — to
the point of ardent, irrational, and possibly destructive outbursts
when faced with it.

Arctic sea ice loss.

Ever since 1979 an array of satellite sensors has allowed our
scientists to directly observe the sea ice in the Arctic. Since that
time, and as a human-forced warming of the world ramped up, the area
which that ice covers has dramatically shrunken. So much so that by
this year, 2016, there’s a risk that not only will a new all-time
record low be reached, but that by the end of this summer almost all
the ice in the Arctic Ocean will be melted out entirely. A risk that a
new climate change related event will start to take shape in the
Arctic. The blue ocean events.

(Arctic sea ice area as measured by observational satellites and most
recently by  F17. The bottom line of the graph measures days of the
year. The left side of the graph measures sea ice area. The
corresponding intersections determine sea ice area on any given day of
a year in the record. The up and downward swoop of eac

CAPA
Ed <uncleed33@hotmail.com>
To Ed <uncleed33@hotmail.com>
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:05 PM
Click to View Full HTML

Subject: CAPA

Will you kindly read this, consider joining and pass it on to anyone
you know who is interested in these issues. Also attached as word doc.
Thank you, Bill Kelly
CAPA
Citizens Against Political Assassinations
Washington, DC
Dear Friends and Associates:
As a researcher and/or student of the JFK assassination, you may be
aware that The JFK Act of 1992 requires the release of all government
records on the assassination of President Kennedy by October 2017. The
president of the United States at that time will be responsible for
its enforcement.
Our recently formed nonprofit organization, Citizens Against Political
Assassinations (CAPA), will continue the fight we started decades ago
to get the law passed and ensure this Act is enforced as well as
undertake similar national initiatives on other political
assassinations to see the truth is revealed and justice prevails. To
do this we need your help and support.
CAPA plans to pursue the release of the remaining JFK records, file
Freedom of Information Act requests for more records, take legal
actions to enforce the law and undertake public education efforts to
see that the forces that orchestrated such assassinations will no
longer be able to influence government policies. These initiatives
require funding to be effective.
Please help by joining us and providing whatever financial support you
can afford, volunteering your time as part of a CAPA Committee,
contacting your congressional representatives, and spreading the word
on social media about CAPA, our mission, programs and legal
initiatives. Time is running out to do something about these horrific
crimes and cover-ups.
There is power in numbers so join this worthy endeavor to bring truth
and justice to those who have been killed for their beliefs. Thank
you.
The CAPA Board of Directors: Dr. Cyril Wecht, Andrew Kreig, Larry
Schnapf, Esq., Jerry Policoff, Michael Nurko, Bill Kelly and Ben
Wecht.
CAPA Board of Advisors: Professor Peter Dale Scott, Dr. John Newman,
Marie Fonzi, David Talbot, Alan Dale, Bill Simpich, and Dr. Gary
Aguilar.
Add your name to ours, become a CAPA member and serve on a CAPA board
or committee. Join us: Send check or money order - $50 yearly dues or
a donation to:
Citizens Against Political Assassinations - CAPA P.O. Box 7641,
Lancaster, Pa., 17604-7641
Or you can become a member on line via Pay Pal at our web site. For
more information on participating, please visit us on line:
http://capa-hq.com/ or like us at:
https://www.facebook.com/Citizens-Again ... 374745875/
and for emergencies and breaking news and updates:
https://twitter.com/HQ_CAPA .
[http://capa-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/warren_commission_lbj_close_crop.jpg]<http://capa-hq.com/>

Citizens Against Political Assassinations<http://capa-hq.com/>
capa-hq.com
Americans deserve prompt and thorough disclosure of the facts
surrounding the nation's major assassinations, according to a new
research group on the occasion of ...

If you have further questions please contact CAPA Secretary Bill Kelly
at (609) 425-6297

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Censored ... 8/Y/M.html

Censored, Surveilled, Watch-Listed, & Jailed: The Absurd Citizenry Of
The American Police State - BlackListed News
www.blacklistednews.com/Censored...Watch.../M.html
5 hours ago - Express yourself on social media: The FBI, CIA, NSA and
other government .... in the eyes of the FBI (and its network of
snitches) if you: express libertarian ...

http://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-re ... iated-pres

FBI failed to follow its own rules when it impersonated The Associated
Press in a 2007 investigation

Hannah Bloch-Wehba | Freedom of Information | Commentary | April 28,
The FBI failed to follow its own rules when agents impersonated an
Associated Press reporter in order to locate a criminal suspect in
2007, according to documents newly released in response to a FOIA
lawsuit

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/28/let ... ommittees/

LETTER DETAILS FBI PLAN FOR SECRETIVE ANTI-RADICALIZATION COMMITTEES
Cora Currier, Murtaza Hussain
Apr. 28 2016, 1:02 p.m.
Illustration: The Intercept
OF THE PLANS put forward by the federal government to identify and
stop budding terrorists, among the least understood are the FBI’s
“Shared Responsibility Committees.”

The idea of the committees is to enlist counselors, social workers,
religious figures, and other community members to intervene with
people the FBI thinks are in danger of radicalizing — the sort of
alternative to prosecution and jail time many experts have been
clamoring for. But civil liberties groups worry the committees could
become just a ruse to expand the FBI’s network of informants, and the
government has refused to provide details about the program.

The Intercept has obtained a letter addressed to potential committee
members from the FBI, outlining how the process would work. While the
letter claims that committees will not be used “as a means to gather
intelligence,” it also makes clear that information from the
committees may be shared widely by the FBI, including with spy
agencies and foreign governments, and that committee members can be
subpoenaed for documents or called to testify in cases against the
people they are trying to help. At the same time, committee members
are forbidden even from seeking advice from outside experts

Page 1 ANALYSIS OF SUCCESSFUL COMMUNIST INFORMANT INTERVIEWS (Not for
Dissemination Outside the Bureau) FEDERAL ...
https://cryptome.org/2016/04/fbi-snitches.pdf
time of the program for developing top-level security informants. ...
methods the Communist Party uses in its efforts to uncover FBI
informants, and how to ...
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Sun May 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Dan Berrigan dies at 94

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/nyreg ... .html?_r=0

we took his brother Phil Berrigan
on tour of New England colleges
to celebrate the anniversary of
the Bill of Rights.
Also part of the tour was attorney
Linda Backiel and Joe Deom with Mohawk
Nation Elder Lorraine Johnson
see
Defense Lawyer Is Jailed Over Client Confidentiality –

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/15/us/de ... ality.html

Feb 15, 1991 – “I can’t be turned into a witness for the prosecution,”
said Ms. Backiel, a criminal defense lawyer who has practiced in New
York, Philadelphia and, most recently, Puerto Rico. … But Ronald H.
Levine, the Assistant United States Attorney in Philadelphia who is
the prosecutor in the …

I later spent a week in DC with Phil
videotaping his pouring blood
on the Pentagon and Guatamalan
Embassy spending one night in
the DC homeless shelter, the largest
such facility in the United States.
Phil’s friends who joined him from
around the country also padlocked
the doors shut at the. World Bank
at 8 am during a work week.
see

http://www.jonahhouse.org/

Joe Deom was part of a armed
standoff with the Canadian Mounties
trying to stop a golf course from
being built on a Mohawk burial
ground.

Link du jour

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Reincarnati ... 0275951898

dceaglecam.org

!

Bonus interview

JANUARY 31, 2014
In Search of Ward Churchill
by JOSHUA FRANK

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/01/31/ ... churchill/

It has been nearly nine years since Ward Churchill was the talk of Fox
News and the target of a concerted campaign to remove him from his
teaching post at the University of Colorado. Well, as many of you
know, they were successful. No longer living in Colorado, Ward is
still defending himself and his scholarship. I recently caught up with
Ward to see why we haven’t heard much from him in recent years and if
the right-wing (and liberal) assault on his character had finally
forced him into retreat. – JF

The FBI Octupus Watch
Showing the FBI Tentacles in real time

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/l ... a2751.html

EX-FBI agent to head New Mexico
 Law Enforcement Academy
Santa Fe New Mexican-Apr 29, 2016

FBI hosts 16th annual Citizens Academy
WATE 6 On Your Side-May 1 2016

http://wate.com/2016/04/30/fbi-hosts-16 ... s-academy/

“What we really hope they gain is an understanding of the FBI and they
basically become our ambassadors out in the community,” Ed
Reinhold ...

FBI Bureau of Propaganda Watch

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04 ... tives.html

An exclusive look inside FBI's leadership academy for law ...
Fox News-Apr 29, 2016
Famously known as the training grounds for incoming special agents,
the FBI's sprawling academy in Quantico, Virginia also plays host
to ...

http://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-a ... ant-454278

Supreme Court Allows FBI to Hack Any Computer Anywhere With a ...
Newsweek-May 1 2016
Thanks to a Supreme Court decision on Thursday, law enforcement
agencies including the FBI may end up with broad powers to hack
any ...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/rubber-stamp ... 31279.html

Rubber stamp?’ FBI and NSA requests never denied by secret court

Bruce Brown
Digital Trends
May 1, 2016

You likely don’t know much about the U.S. Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Court. Though it keeps a low profile, this is the court
the Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency go to
when they want permission to put someone under surveillance. And they
don’t get turned down, <a rel="nofollow"
href="http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cybersecurity-surveillance-idUSKCN0XR009">according
to Reuters</a>, citing a Justice Department memo. In 2015 the court
received and approved 1,457 requests from the FBI and NSA. There were
a bit fewer requests in 2014, but all of those were approved as
well.</p> <p>The surveillance requests are for email or telephone
intercepts. If granted, which is apparently always, they generally are
carried out with the assistance of Internet telecommunications service
providers.</p> <p><strong>Related:</strong> <a rel="nofollow"
href='http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/snowden-first-trailer/'>The
NSA gets exposed in first trailer for Oliver Stone’s Snowden</a></p>
<p>The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court was founded in 1978 to
hear requests by law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct
surveillance on foreign suspects present in the U.S. It stands to
reason that if you’re spying on spies, it’s better not to ask for
permission in open court and leave a public paper trail.</p> <p>The
secretive court was set up to scrutinize the requests in secret, in
order to ensure compliance with applicable civil rights requirements.
That all makes sense. That every single request is essentially
approved, however, seems at least curious if not a bit off. The
government response about its perfect record of approvals is that the
FBI and NSA are very careful when applying for surveillance and that
the court at times modifies the requests. In 2014, 19 requests were
modified, in 2015, 80 were altered.</p> <p>The Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Court hears more than surveillance requests. The FBI can
also file National Security Letters (NSLs), asking Internet and
telecommunications providers for customer information on foreign
residents and U.S. citizens. Some NSLs ask for subscriber names,
addresses, and billing information only, while others also request
browsing history. The majority of information requests also come with
a gag order, prohibiting the companies from informing customers of the
requests. No information was provided showing the number of NSLs that
were approved or denied.</p>
More
You likely don’t know much about the U.S. Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Court. Though it keeps a low profile, this is the court
the Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency go to
when they want permission to put someone under surveillance. And they
don’t get turned down, according to Reuters, citing a Justice
Department memo. In 2015 the court received and approved 1,457
requests from the FBI and NSA. There were a bit fewer r
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Matt

The FBI is organized crime

in other news
attorney Mike Kuzma just filed a FOIA request for
me for my FBI files

World | Wed May 4, 2016 6:00pm EDT Related: U.S.
Lawsuit extends fascination with Kent State deaths 46 years on

see link for full story

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-k ... SKCN0XV26K

The Ohio National Guard fires tear gas to disperse the crowd of students gathered on the commons at Kent State University, protesting the war in Vietnam, in Kent, Ohio, May 4, 1970. May 4 Collection/Kent State University
A federal lawsuit filed on Wednesday revives lingering questions about the bloodshed at Kent State University, a traumatic event in U.S. history that still holds sway over many who lived through it 46 years ago.

The lawsuit, filed by Buffalo attorney Michael Kuzma, asks the Federal Bureau of Investigation to release all records about a mysterious figure in the events of May 4, 1970, when Ohio National Guard troops shot dead four unarmed people and wounded nine others during a campus protest against the Vietnam War.

The deaths inflamed emotions in a country already polarized over the war and left an image seared in the national memory: John Paul Filo's Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of Mary Ann Vecchio grieving over the body of victim Jeffrey Miller.

The investigation left many who followed the case unsatisfied, and unanswered questions surround a man named Terry Norman.

Norman, 67, was a student and FBI informant. He carried a .38 handgun and a camera that day and his precise role has been disputed ever since.

Some experts speculate he fired the shots that provoked the National Guard's volley, although he told investigators he never shot his gun. Others say he may have fired rounds 70 seconds earlier that had no bearing on the National Guard
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon May 09, 2016 6:57 pm

2 stories

FBI control of the media file

Thursday On CoastLine: Larry Bonney
May 9 2016

http://whqr.org/post/thursday-coastline-larry-bonney

On the next CoastLine, he was one of J. Edgar Hoover’s G-Men.  We’ll talk with former FBI Agent and Hostage Rescue Team Leader, Larry Bonney – who will share his history with the Bureau spanning 13 FBI Directors.

He will take us through 30 years of sleuthing and take-downs -- from drug lords to cult leaders, and the dawn of international terrorism.

Listen for CoastLine Thursday at 12:06 on HQR News 91 3 FM. You can ask a question any time by emailing coastline@whqr.org. Follow us on Twitter at coastlinehqr.

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ544189

A Quantitative Description of FBI Public Relations.
Gibson, Dirk C.
Public Relations Review, v23 n1 p11-30 Spr 1997
States that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had the most successful media relations program of all government agencies from the 1930s to the 1980s. Uses quantitative analysis to show why those media efforts were successful. Identifies themes that typified the verbal component of FBI publicity and the broad spectrum of mass communication channels that were tapped. (PA)
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu May 12, 2016 12:18 pm

FBI Octupus

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/torontos ... th-the-fbi

Vigilantes
Say They're Now Working with the FBI

May 11, 2016

Toronto vigilante 'pedophile hunter' Justin Payne. All photos by Nam
Phi Dang

When University of Toronto ethics and anthropology professor Paul
Salvatori first reached out to self-described pedophile hunter Justin
Payne after reading about him on VICE, his intention was to shoot a
documentary on him. Instead, he quickly found himself wanting

http://gsnmagazine.com/article/46525/in ... s_name_aft

Innovative Surveillance Solutions changes name after bringing on new
executives
Wed, 2016-05-11 03:01 AM

IRVING, TX (PRWEB) MAY 10, 2016

Innovative Surveillance Solutions, LLC is taking the next step with
their growing off-duty, security management, and mobile technical
surveillance company, forming ATHOS. The new name will give them a new
platform to provide improved corporate security outsourcing solutions
and services. They will be joined by two thoroughbreds in the security
industry: Richard "Rick" Powers and Jeff Sweetin.

Rick Powers will take over as the President of ATHOS and is extremely
well-respected in the industry. He previously served as the Vice
Chairman of the Energy Security Council, bringing impressive
credibility and experience to the ATHOS team. Rick was also formerly
the Special Agent in Charge of the Houston FBI Office, the former
Director of Enterprise Security at the Williams Companies, and the
former VP of Security for Occidental Oil and Gas Corporation -
Americas, boasting a diverse background. He is also the former
Assistant Director of the FBI in Washington, D.C. Rick is a former
prosecutor and civil attorney, and will be instrumental in leading the
company during this time of rapid growth and expansion across the
country.

Jeff Sweetin will be serving as the Executive Director of Operations,
taking over all of the company’s law enforcement operations. He has a
history of building relationships and task forces with police
departments nationwide and is the former Director of Training for the
DEA’s International Training academy in Quantico. Jeff also boasts a
diverse and impressive background, formerly the Special Agent in
Charge of the DEA in Denver, the Director of Security of Encana,
Regional Security Manager for Anadarko Petroleum, and as a member of
the Arlington Virginia Police Department SWAT team and plain clothes
investigation team. He is a Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
and extremely well respected leader. Jeff brings decades of invaluable
experience in the security, surveillance, and law enforcement
industries. He holds an MA from the University of Virginia and a BS in
Criminal Justice from Towson University.

Ben Poch, COO of ISS commented, "Rick and Jeff represent the best in
the industry and we could not be more honored to have them join the
team. The experience they bring as former law enforcement

Communications, LLC as President
PRWeb Wednesday, May 11th 2016

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2016/05 ... unications

Secured Communications announced today the appointment of former FBI
Los Angeles Counterintelligence Branch Chief and recipient of the
National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal, Lansing Woo as the
company's President.

San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 11, 2016

Secured Communications, LLC, the global leader in safeguarding
corporate communications, announces Lansing Woo, former FBI Los
Angeles Counterintelligence Branch Chief, as the company’s President.

“Lansing’s experience and expertise in counterintelligence and
counterespionage will be invaluable in safeguarding the integrity of
our clients’ communications,” states Secured Communications’ CEO and
Founder, Robert Wilson.

A graduate of Stanford University, Lansing holds his Master’s Degree
in Administration of Criminal

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/05/11/tamerl ... bombshell/

see link for full stories

BOSTON BOMBING
MAY 11, 2016 | JAMES HENRY
TAMERLAN TSARNAEV’S IMMIGRATION RECORDS REVEAL FBI BOMBSHELL
Important New Info on Boston Marathon Bombing

Tamerlan Tsarnaev Photo credit: Adapted by WhoWhatWhy from Dave
Newman / Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
WhoWhatWhy has discovered that the FBI secretly flagged at least one
of the “Boston Marathon bombers” as a terrorist threat in his
immigration records, despite publicly denying it had done so.

This designation existed right up to the time the bombs went off at
Boylston St. on April 15, 2013.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s heavily redacted immigration records, known as an
A-file (alien file), were released in February under the Freedom of
Information Act and posted online by US Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS). FOIA has a “frequently requested record” provision
where multiple request for the same record triggers a “reading room”
(posted online) treatment of the records. WhoWhatWhy was one of those
requesters.

For context, it’s important to note that soon after the bombing,
uncomfortable questions were raised by WhoWhatWhy when it became clear
the FBI had long been aware of Tsarnaev. Even some of the mainstream
outlets, which almost uniformly have accepted the government’s version
of events, couldn’t ignore this reality.

The Bureau steadfastly maintains that it determined the elder Tsarnaev
(who died in an altercation with police three days after the bombing)
was not any kind of a national security threat. It also denies ever
having asked him to be an informant.

And yet a shadowy program used by the feds to keep individuals deemed
a “national security concern” from obtaining citizenship looks like
the reason Tsarnaev’s naturalization application was held up — to the
very moment of his death. This program is called the Controlled
Application Review and Resolution Program (CARRP).

Significantly, CARRP is also used to manipulate foreign nationals
(mostly Muslims) to do the FBI’s bidding by — ironically — flagging
them as a “national security concern,” according to an extensive ACLU
investigation into the program.

Reeled in by CARRP?
So, what is the significance of holding Tsarnaev’s naturalization
application under CARRP?

It would mean that, by definition, the FBI had not ruled out whether
Tsarnaev was a “Known or Suspected Terrorist” (KST) by the time of
the bombing.

A KST is a designation under CARRP automatically given to anyone
listed on the terrorist “watch list,” which Tsarnaev most certainly
was. A lower threat level, or “non-Known or Suspected Terrorist”
(non-KST), can also be labeled a “national security concern” if
certain “indicators” are present.

There’s also a good possibility that the FBI wasn’t worried about him
at all. Instead a ”false” or trumped up KST designation and subsequent
delay was used as leverage to get Tsarnaev to play some “informant”
role. In FBI parlance, the word “informant” encompasses a wide range
of roles — both official and unofficial — that an individual might be
asked to perform.

The FBI, as a matter of policy, does not confirm or deny whether an
applicant has been subjected to CARRP. And the Bureau almost never
confirms or denies whether an individual was asked to become an
informant.

Notably, however, the latter policy was ignored when it became
patently obvious to observers that Tsarnaev fit the archetypal
informant profile: young male Muslim, native speaker from a
geopolitically important area, citizenship applicant, with minor legal
troubles (which can provide even more leverage over a potential
recruit). So, the FBI broke its own policy by explicitly denying they
ever pushed him to be an informant.

There are two key documents in Tsarnaev’s A-file.

One is a “Naturalization Applications Routing Slip.” This is an
internal routing sheet used to track the movement of files through
USCIS.

The other is a copy of an e-mail from USCIS’s Fraud Detection &
National Security (FDNS) Directorate instructing an Immigration
Services Officer. It instructs the officer to “de-schedule and place
in suspense” Tsarnaev’s naturalization application.

Both documents use the CARRP acronym. Taken together, it’s clear that
Tsarnaev’s application wa

Weaponizing the Term “Conspiracy Theory”: Disinformation Agents and
the CIA

http://www.globalresearch.ca/weaponizin ... ia/5524552

By Dr. Gary G. Kohls
Global Research, May 11, 2016
Region: USA
Theme: Intelligence, Media Disinformation
 4  4  2    38

‘Conspiracy theory’ is a term that strikes fear and anxiety in the
hearts of most every public figure, particularly journalists and
academics. Since the 1960s the label has become a disciplinary device
that has been overwhelmingly effective in defining certain events as
off limits to inquiry or debate. Especially in the United States,
raising legitimate questions about dubious official narratives
destined to inform public opinion (and thereby public policy) is a
major thought crime that must be cauterized from the public psyche at
all costs… CIA Document 1035-960 played a definitive role in making
the ‘conspiracy theory’ term a weapon to be wielded against almost any
individual or group calling the government’s increasingly clandestine
programs and activities into question. – From CIA Document 1035-960  

We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the
American public believes is false. – William Casey, Ronald Reagan’s
first CIA Director (from Casey’s first staff meeting, 1981)

It is quite easy for a disinformation agent to spin a rich
disinformation tale and then craft several different versions of the
tale with new ‘facts’ to support the story in each one. These tales
are usually a good mix of verifiable facts and cleverly designed lies,
so that people who check the ‘facts’ tend to believe the lies that are
mixed in. -- from: http://www.wanttoknow.info/g/disinformation-agents

It wasn’t very many years after the world-wide web became operational
that it was contaminated by secret disinformation agencies and also by
individuals that were eventually called internet trolls. Trolls
(defined below) began interjecting themselves – uninvited and unwanted
– into otherwise useful and productive conversations involving
web-groups of like-minded individuals.

These trolls, intent on scurrilously confusing various website
commenters, seemed to delight in angering up certain online groups.
Typically, a lot of time and effort was wasted in such fake arguments
before members of the group finally realized that they had been
ambushed by a disinformation

http://jewishvoiceny.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=295

But the former FBI agent and marine veteran struck a defiant note
about the conduct that led him there.

‘I don't think there's anything that I've ever done that I would say
I'm really ashamed of,’ he said. ‘Did I have a couple people off the
books? Yeah. So does a lot of people. It's not the end of the world.
It's something I put behind me and will move on.’

Grimm passed his days in prison reading, exercising and corresponding
with the more than 500 residents he says sent him letters of support.

He says he began writing a book about his life and thinking about the
correctional system, something he says badly needs reform.

‘Maybe God's purpose in having me go through this horrible experience
was to realize just how broken our justice system is. And maybe I can
be a good advocate in the future to reform it,’ he said.

While Grimm says his plans for the future are still unclear, he says
he hasn't ruled out a return to politics.”

He needs to find a job to pay his legal fees along with the
court-ordered $140,000 in restitution. Grimm must also make the time
to do 200 hours of community service.

Former Congressman Michael Grimm Released from Fed Prison After 7
Months

Attorney: man charged in Miami Jewish center plot mentally ill

http://www.theledger.com/article/201605 ... tally-ill-

The FBI says it thwarted a planned explosive attack on The Aventura
Turnberry Jewish Center in Miami through an undercover operation
involving a dummy bomb last month.

Published: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:39 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:39 p.m.
MIAMI — A man charged in an undercover FBI operation with plotting to
bomb a synagogue and Jewish school in South Florida during the recent
Passover

Heat is Online

See Earth’s Temperature Spiral Toward 2°C

Published: May 9th, 2016

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/see- ... d-2c-20332

By Andrea Thompson

The steady rise of Earth’s temperature as greenhouse gases accumulate in the atmosphere and trap more and more heat is sending the planet spiraling closer to the point where warming’s catastrophic consequences may be all but assured.

That metaphoric spiral has become a literal one in a new graphic drawn up by Ed Hawkins, a climate scientist at the University of Reading in the United Kingdom. The animated graphic features a rainbow-colored record of global temperatures spinning outward from the late 19th century to the present as the Earth heats up.

FBI control of the media file

2 stories

Thursday On CoastLine: Larry Bonney
May 9 2016

http://whqr.org/post/thursday-coastline-larry-bonney

On the next CoastLine, he was one of J. Edgar Hoover’s G-Men.  We’ll
talk with former FBI Agent and Hostage Rescue Team Leader, Larry
Bonney – who will share his history with the Bureau spanning 13 FBI
Directors.

He will take us through 30 years of sleuthing and take-downs -- from
drug lords to cult leaders, and the dawn of international terrorism.

Listen for CoastLine Thursday at 12:06 on HQR News 91 3 FM. You can
ask a question any time by emailing coastline@whqr.org. Follow us on
Twitter at coastlinehqr.

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ544189

A Quantitative Description of FBI Public Relations.
Gibson, Dirk C.
Public Relations Review, v23 n1 p11-30 Spr 1997
States that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had the most
successful media relations program of all government agencies from the
1930s to the 1980s. Uses quantitative analysis to show why those media
efforts were successful. Identifies themes that typified the verbal
component of FBI publicity and the broad spectrum of mass
communication channels that were tapped. (PA)

Bonus read

Chris Hedges

Bearing the Cross

Posted on May 8, 2016

By Chris Hedges

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/bea ... s_20160508

Mourners follow the hearse carrying the casket of the Rev. Daniel
Berrigan during a procession after his funeral service at the Church
of St. Francis Xavier on Friday in New York City. Berrigan, a Roman
Catholic priest and peace activist since the Vietnam War, died April
30 at 94. (Mary Altaffer / AP)

NEW YORK—I arrived early Friday morning, after walking through the
rain, at the St. Francis Xavier Church in Greenwich Village for the
funeral of the Rev. Daniel Berrigan. I stood, the church nearly empty,
at the front of the sanctuary with my hand on the top of Dan’s
rosewood casket. It was adorned with a single red carnation and

http://dailynorthwestern.com/2016/05/08 ... lebration/
Journalist James Risen talks national security, CIA at Pulitzer
celebration

Lauren Duquette/Daily Senior Staffer
Journalist James Risen speaks at the McCormick Foundation Center
Forum. Risen, a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner, criticized the media’s
coverage of the Islamic State, saying it often amounts to “fear
mongering.”
Shanshan Zhang, Reporter
May 8, 2016
Journalist James Risen, who said the FBI spied on him while he was
writing a book about post-9/11 America, told journalism students
Friday they should view the government skeptically.
“Remember to take time to dig in deeper,” he said. “That, to me, is
the thing that is getting lost today. People are not willing to just
push back.”

How videos of police shooting unarmed black men changes those who
watch them

MARVIN JOSEPH / THE WASHINGTON POST

Jawad Pullin, a sophomore at Georgetown University, says that "If you
go with white friends, there is a far lower chance of bad things
happening," adding that "it's like it defuses everything."
DeNeen L. Brown, The Washington Post
7:30 pm, May 8, 2016

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/- ... -87126942/
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 pm

I'd love it if you could circulate the following link. The FBI is trying to exempt itself from the Privacy Act, with respect to its biometric database. The public comment period ends June 6. There are only 6 comments so far so a push from likeminded people could really send a strong message.

https://www.regulations.gov/#!documentD ... _0001-0170 
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

2 press releases from our newsletter members

from Ken Freeland

Draft minutes - April 30 2016 9/11 and Other Deep State Crimes
Teleconference
9/11 Truth Teleconference
Friday, May 20, 2016 9:17 PM
Click to View Full HTML
------------------------------------------------------------
http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=84a ... 91763ac879
9/11 and Other Deep State Crimes Teleconference

** wtc7   pentagon

** Draft minutes for
April 27, 2016

May 20, 2016
Craig McKee, Secretary

Final minutes for the Wed., April 27, 2016 regular conference call

Present were:

Ken Freeland, Teleconference facilitator, Houston 9/11 Truth
Craig McKee, Teleconference secretary, Truth and Shadows
Dave Slesinger, 9/11 Truth Outreach
Wayne Coste, 9/11 Truth Outreach
Dan Hennen,  AE911Truth
David Cole, Nine Eleven Accountability Team
John O’Malley, DC 9/11 Truth
Xander Arena, Arizona 9/11 Studies and Outreach, Arizona State
University
Barton Bruce, Massachusetts 9/11 Truth
James Hufferd, 9/11 Grassroots
Michael Cook, AE911Truth
Cheryl Curtiss, Connecticut 9/11 Truth
Sue Serpa, Act Now
Rich Aucoin, Worchester 9/11 Truth
Steve Cohn, Arizona 9/11 activist
Frank Tolopko, Berkshire 9/11 Truth
Jonathan Mark, Flyby News
Tony Rooke, producer/director of Incontrovertible
Lynn Bradbury, Maine 9/11 Truth
Dick Atlee, Maine 9/11 Truth
Lorenzo Fine, 9/11 activist, Newton, Mass.
Cat McGuire, 9/11 Truth Outreach
Rodger Bories, 9/11 activist
Barbara Honegger, The Smoke Curtain
Bill Wilt, Congressional candidate

The minutes of the March 30, 2016 conference call were APPROVED.

The amended agenda was APPROVED.

Incontrovertible director
After being introduced by Jonathan Mark, British filmmaker Tony Rooke
gave a presentation on his 9/11 documentary Incontrovertible.

Review of deHaven-Smith book
Ken Freeland offered his review of the Lance deHaven-Smith book
Conspiracy Theory in America. It was agreed that teleconference would
hold a future discussion on the book.

Claim of ‘shadow’ in Citgo video
Wayne Coste gave a presentation on why he thinks Citgo gas station
security video shows the shadow of a plane that he contends hit the
Pentagon.

From book on Boston bombing
Craig McKee and Sheila Casey gave an overview of their chapters in the
new book And Nobody Died in Boston, Either.

Announcements
* Dave Slesinger said his had a successful leafleting campaign at
Northwestern University in Chicago, the home campus of Zdenek Bazant,
an academic and ardent supporter of the official story. He says he
gave out 900 business cards and his website, bazantmisconduct.com,
received more than 40,000 hits the first 10 days. He also asked if
others would be interested in more college outreach initiatives.
* Barbara Honegger reminded the teleconference that she is running in
the 20^th Congressional District in California, and that she raised
the subject of 9/11 in several recent candidates meetings. Anyone
wishing to donate can send a check to Barbara Honegger with 'Campaign
donation' in the re line, and mail it to Box 2198, Carmel Valley, Ca.
93924. Donations of $200 or more have to be reported with the name of
the donor.

Call began at 8 p.m. EST and adjourned at 10:00 p.m. EST/5 p.m. to
7:00 p.m. PST

Audio of the March call can be heard here:
http://houston911truth.us5.list-manage. ... 91763ac879
The next monthly teleconference will take place on Wednesday, May 25,
2016 at 8 p.m. EST, 5 p.m. PST. Please email agenda items for next
call to facilitator Ken Freeland (diogenesquest@gmail.com) by May 21.
Please use subject line “Agenda item for 911 Truth Teleconference.”
Please include a brief description of your item and any relevant links
you’d like participants to be aware of, together with your estimate of
the number of minutes your agenda item will require.

============================================================

from Jonathan Marks
Google

incontrovertible tony Brooke YouTube

if the following links fail

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... LCn6qfpCOA

Incontrovertible - New 9/11 Documentary by Tony Rooke - YouTube
YouTube › watch

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... LCn6qfpCOA

Duration: 2:01:30
Posted: Nov 27, 2015
Incontrovertible - New 9/11 documentary by Tony ...

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -87259672/

FBI used Best Buy informant to illegally search computers, says lawyer
for Newport doctor facing child porn charges
Email

May 19, 2016, 9:00 p.m.
An employee at Best Buy's nationwide computer repair center served as
a paid FBI informant who for years tipped off agents to illicit
material found on customers' hard drives, according to the lawyer for
a Newport Beach doctor facing child pornography charges as a result of
information from the employee.

Federal authorities deny they directed the man to actively look for
illegal activity. But the attorney alleges the FBI essentially used
the employee to perform warrantless searches on electronics that
passed through the massive maintenance facility outside Louisville,
Ky., where technicians known as Geek Squad agents work on devices from
across

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... ls-pile-up

‘Corrupt in its roots’: as Oakland police scandals pile up, residents
not surprised
Donald Trump may have called the city one of the ‘most dangerous’ in
the world but community members say the real danger is its police
officers

Saturday 21 May 2016 11.00 EDT Last modified on Saturday 21 May 2016
12.33 EDT

Olga Cortez was getting out of the shower and preparing for bed when
she heard a loud banging outside. It was 9.30pm on 7 December, and the
Oakland, California, mother saw a man she did not recognize furiously
pounding on her front door.

“Open the fucking door,” he screamed, according to Cortez’s account.
“Let me in!”

When her husband Nemesio cracked open the door to ask him to leave,
the man, who smelled strongly of alcohol, allegedly kicked him in the
stomach and grabbed Olga, who was wearing a bathrobe and fell to the
ground – exposing her body. Another man came running out of their
backyard and appeared to point a gun at the wife.

Their daughters, ages 11 and 13, stood in the doorway crying.

The traumatizing incident, outlined in a claim to the city, got worse
when the Oakland police department (OPD) showed up. The officer wanted
the couple to “sanitize their story”, asking them if the
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed May 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Link du jour

http://nypost.com/2016/05/23/fbi-seizes ... n-scandal/

http://ticklethewire.com/2016/05/24/bor ... ossession/

Book Report

http://boingboing.net/2016/05/23/what-t ... n-whi.html

Wet Bulb Temp Alert

Heat is online

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ross-gelb ... 08724.html

Taking Five to Think Big on Global Warming
05/23/2016 02:53 pm ET | Updated 8 hours ago
Ross Gelbspan
A writer and former journalist for the Boston Globe and Washington Post who maintains the website heatisonline.org
Climate change is the biggest threat facing humanity. It requires all the countries of the world to work cooperatively to limit its progress and manage its increasingly disruptive impacts. It demands our very biggest commitment. But first, let’s take five to think big about it.

No nation can address the warming individually or manage its impacts single handedly, without putting itself at a competitive disadvantage. The consequences of climate

New evidenve linking FBI agents to 911 Anthrax attack

https://caseclosedbylewweinstein.wordpr ... -has-refu/

FBI’s Computer Analysis Response Team (CART) agents set up a work area in 2004 in Bruce Ivins office to copy his electronic files created September 2001 and October 2001 but the FBI has refused to provide the documents obtained by FBI’s CART agents in response to Ken Dillon’s FOIA request
Posted by Lew Weinstein on May 23, 2016

Rectal Temp reaches new high with
taxpayers

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/2426/ ... -87245856/

May 25, 2016 62°

LAUSD has paid out $300 million in 4 years to students sexually abused by teachers

Settlements related to the sexual misconduct of former teacher Robert Pimentel, center, have reached $58 million, which is part of a growing tab for L.A. Unified.
RICHARD WINTON,
Howard Blume
May 25, 2016, 7:00 a.m.
In a recent court hearing, one young man after another claimed that former Franklin High football coach Jaime Jim

In other FBI news.,...,.

FBI agent Brad Orsini tried to murder
JFK assassination researcher Dr Cyril Wecht MD

two stories

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/05/ ... onference/

Pine-Richland H.S. Teen To Attend FBI Leadership Conference
May 24, 2016 5:02 PM By Sarah Arbogast
Filed Under: FBI, FBI National Academy of Associates, Jessica Lott, Pine Richland School District, Pine-Richland High School, Sarah Arbogast

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A local student is getting the opportunity of a lifetime.

She’s heading to the FBI academy in Virginia for some special training.

Jessica Lott still has a couple more years before she graduates from Pine-Richland High School, but she is already thinking about her future.

“I want to go into the business field and marketing,” Lott said.

She wants to be a leader in those areas someday and an award she just won will help with that.

Lott was just presented with a Reward of Achievement from the FBI National Academy of Associates.

In June, she’ll travel to Quantico, Virginia and spend eight days at the FBI academy.

“I think it’s going to be really hard just because it’s going to be new, but I’m really looking forward to it because there’s going to be so many opportunities that will come from it,” she said.

“She’ll be exposed to classrooms, physical fitness, lectures, and learn about leadership within the FBI,” FBI Special Agent Brad Orsini said.

“I think she’s a great choice. I think she’s going to have a blast down there and I think just base

http://triblive.com/mobile/1386503-96/a ... bi-records

Timeline: The investigation and trial of Cyril H. Wecht | Pittsburgh Post ...
www.post-gazette.com › stories
Jan 27, 2008 - The disciplinary reports of lead FBI agent Bradley Orsini are unsealed, revealing that he had been ...

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsno ... d=SBQJcFNI

Hawaii could be first to put gun owners in national FBI database
Hawaii News Now-
Hawaii could become the first state to enter gun owners into a national database. It would automatically notify police in Hawaii if a firearms owner is arrested in ...
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon May 30, 2016 10:49 pm

https://www.collective-evolution.com/20 ... r-existed/

CHIEF OF THE CIA’S ‘BIN-LADEN’ UNIT TELLS THE WORLD THAT AL-QAEDA NEVER EXISTED
ARJUN WALIAMAY 30, 2016

The number of ‘whistleblowers’ that have emerged over the years regarding the ongoing ‘war against terror’ is truly eye-opening. Unfortunately, many remain innocently ignorant given the fact that mainstream corporate media will not touch this stuff. They are, however, very quick to jump on the ‘terrorist’ bandwagon when an alleged attack is carried out, supposedly by ‘The Islamic State.’

As prominent author and Canadian economist Dr. Michel Chossudovsky said, a statement that’s been used in several articles here at Collective Evolution:

We are dealing with a criminal undertaking at a global level…The global war on terrorism…is fake, it’s based on fake premises. It tells us that somehow America and the Western world are going after a fictitious enemy, the Islamic state, when in fact the Islamic state is fully supported and financed by the Western military alliance and America’s allies in the Persian Gulf. They say Muslims are terrorists…they’re not the product of Muslim society, and that should be abundantly clear…The global war on terrorism is a fabrication, a big lie and a crime against humanity.

The statement above was spoken at the International Conference on the New World Order, which was organized and sponsored by the Perdana Global Peace Foundation. The idea is called ‘false flag terrorism,’—the idea that powerful people are involved in supporting, perpetuating, and fabricating terrorist attacks, like 9/11 and what recently happened in Brussels, in order to create a heightened national global security state to justify the infiltration of other countries for ulterior motives. This motive, many believe, is for the creation of a New World Order. Don’t get me wrong, these attacks do happen, and people do die, but the story behind them is, I believe, as do many others, a lie.

Again, this idea has been expressed numerous times. Another great example comes from former British foreign secretary, Robin Cook ,who told us that:

The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al-Qaeda, and any informed intelligence officer knows this. But, there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an intensified entity representing the ‘devil’ only in order to drive TV watchers to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism.

The list is long one. Below is a video of Michael Scheuer being interviewed by RT news. Scheuer is a former CIA intelligence officer of 20 years. He is also an author, foreign policy critic, and a political analyst. Currently, he works as an adjunct professor at Georgetown University. One of his assignments during his long career was serving as the CIA’s Chief of the Bin Laden Issue Station.

Washington’s enemy is an enemy that doesn’t exist. It didn’t exist when Bin Laden was alive, it doesn’t exist now.

Another alternative viewpoint you don’t hear from mainstream media. Someone with a background like

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/ ... g-illegal/

MAY 29, 2016 BY DEAN JAMES
Sheriff Issues EPIC “Explanation” After Deputies Shoot Cop Killing Illegal Alien 68 Times…

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

You are going to love this. 

Ten years ago, an illegal alien named Angilo Freeland shot and killed a sheriff’s deputy and his dog in Lakeland, Florida, which led police on a manhunt that resulted in another officer being shot.

The cop killing illegal ended up dying in a hail of gunfire.He was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members’ shots! Hell yeah!

Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona has, “You kill a policeman it means no arrest… no Miranda rights… no negotiations… nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you- period,” said Polk County Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... ng-charges

Colorado
Former Colorado sheriff turns self in after extortion and kidnapping charges
Terry Maketa has faced barrage of accusations for allegedly discriminating against workers who would not sleep with him and pressuring a domestic abuse victim to reverse a statement – so that she was jailed while her abuser kept his job

Terry Maketa is accused of extortion and kidnapping, among other charges. Photograph: Police photo
Josiah Hesse
Monday 30 May 2016
Last week, a former Colorado sheriff turned himself in to police custody following a grand jury indictment that charged him with extortion, tampering with a witness or victim, second-degree kidnapping and three counts of official misconduct. An undersheriff and commander were also booked on various charges.

Terry Maketa was sheriff of El Paso County for 12 years, until 2014. El Paso County is home to the conservative Christian city of Colorado Springs, known for its Republican voters and evangelicals.

His indictment came after a three-year effort among colleagues to hold

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/FBI ... 953380.php

Monday, May 30, 2016

An unknown assailant broke into an FBI agent’s vehicle in San Francisco, stealing a gun along with the agent’s badge, city police officials said.
The FBI agent reported that his vehicle had been broken into around 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the corner of Hayes and Pierce streets in Alamo Square, just 1½ blocks away from the city’s famous Painted Ladies, said Officer Carlos Manfredi, a spokesman for the San Francisco Police Department.
A .40-caliber Glock 27 was taken from the agent’s vehicle, Manfredi said, adding that theagent also reported his badge and other credentials were stolen

A San Francisco sheriff deputy’s gun was stolen from his home near Visitacion Valley in March.
Three handguns were stolen from an FBI vehicle parked in a Benicia neighborhood in January.
A .40 caliber handgun belonging to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent was also lost in February after he left it on top of his car.
Handguns stolen from federal agents were used in two homicides last year. Oakland muralist Anotonio Ramos was shot with an ICE agent’s stolen gun and the gun used in the infamous shooting of San Francisco resident Kathryn Stei

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/co ... nate-bills

BI Gets Warrantless E-mail Snooping Added to Two Senate Bills
The New American‎ -
The FBI already uses its controversial National Security Letters (NSLs) to obtain telephone billing records without a warrant while preventing service providers ...

http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/30/iran-f ... n-servers/

Iran forces messaging apps to move data to Iranian servers

Today’s news proves once again that encryption is a cornerstone of the freedom of speech. Every time the FBI asks for a backdoor, the FBI also endangers countless numbers of people around the world who just want to be able to criticize their government freely.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/attorney-g ... on/5527877

Attorney General Loretta Lynch's Law Firm Tied to Hillary Clinton
Center for Research on Globalization‎ -
It's well known that if the FBI recommends prosecution in the Hillary Clinton email case, the decision will be put in the hands of Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

http://www.financialexpress.com/article ... ue/269397/

India-US to sign 2 key pacts during Homeland Security Dialogue
Financial Express‎ - 10 hours ago
TSC is a multi agency organisation administered by FBI which consolidates several terrorist watch lists maintained by different US government agencies into ...

Man linked to former Mission police officer pleads guilty to drug ...
KGBT-TV‎ -

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/man ... ing-charge

accused Chapa and former Mission police Officer Hector "JoJo" Mendez with scheming to steal 15 bundles of cocaine. On July 29, 2012, Mendez ...
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Bonus Read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... iciencies/

Federal Insider
Senate report hits ‘inferior’ FBI whistleblower procedures, citing ‘numerous deficiencies’

June 2 at 7:00 AM

The irony is the FBI relies on informants to fight crime.

Yet when it comes to in-house wrongdoing, the nation’s most celebrated law enforcement agency too often punishes its own whistleblowers.

Legislation approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee aims to fix that. A committee report issued last week outlines how an agency charged with capturing the bad guys can take action against employees who expose bad deeds within the organization.

“Whistleblowers play a critical role in keeping our government efficient and honest, yet they also risk retaliation from their employers, sometimes being demoted, reassigned, or fired as a result of their actions,” says the report issued in support of the FBI Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act.

The legislation seeks to expand reporting opportunities for whistleblowers, improve what the committee calls “the lengthy and opaque adjudication process” and strengthen protection for employees who expose agency waste, fraud and abuse. They need protection from managers seeking revenge.

The uninitiated can be excused if they think managers always welcome those disclosures. While Uncle Sam talks a good game about combating waste, fraud and abuse in his operations, stories about management reprisals against those who report internal wrongdoing abound across the government. The situation at the FBI is compounded because its limited list of appropriate and protected places for employees to report issues includes the attorney general, but not their own supervisors. In a rational world, they would be the first to be told.

“This has left protections for FBI whistleblowers inferior to those of other Execu

Link du jour
http://chippewa.com/news/local/state-an ... 413b1.html

Records show vet called FBI before his
death at Tomah VA
CHRIS HUBBUCH Lee Newspapers

http://www.fox9.com/news/150961646-story

http://triblive.com/mobile/10517636-96/ ... my-jessica

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... tion_.html

June 1, 2016
Who helped Barack Obama avoid the taint of Chicago corruption?
By Lee Cary

How did Barack Obama emerge from Chicago in 2008 untainted by political corruption?

His rise to power began at the 2004 Democratic Party Convention when Illinois State Senator Barack Obama was catapulted onto the national stage by the alluring force of his oratory.

Four years later, in December 2008, Rod Blagojevich, the fourth governor in recent Illinois history to be imprisoned, was arrested by the F.B.I. culminating a long investigation led by the U.S. Attorney (USA) in Chicago.  “Blago’s” arrest came just as he was about to meet with someone to negotiate a bribe in exchange for appointing then-U.S. Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. to complete President Obama’s senatorial term. 

On the day Blago was arrested, the agent in charge of the Chicago F.B.I. Office said, “If [Illinois] isn’t the most corrupt state in the United States, it is certainly one hell of a competitor.”

Jackson, Co-Chair of President-Elect Obama’s campaign, was later arrested, along with his wife, and sentenced, in August 2013, to 30 months in jail for stealing $750,000 from his own campaign fund.

One year before Obama was inaugurated President, Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a key fundraiser for both Obama and Blagojevich, and one of three core members of Obama’s 2004 senatorial campaign finance committee, was arrested by F.B.I. agents acting on evidence gathered by the USA in Chicago. Three years later, Rezko was sentenced to 10.5 years in prison. 

There’s no need here to rehash Rezko’s and Blago’s criminal transgressions in detail, or document the many Illinois politicians, from both major parties, who, over the years, traded their business suits for jump suits. It is common knowledge that Chicago is the center of political corruption in a widely corrupt state.

Yet, somehow, the 44th President of the United States emerged from that toxic cauldron called “Crook County” untainted by the maelstrom of high-profile corruption cases that engulfed several of his closest, political associates. The question is…

How did that happen?

Was he an example of sharing no guilt by mere association – a petunia in an onion patch? 

Was he blessed by divine intervention, or dumb luck? 

Or did others, positioned in the Department of Justice to help him, plot a course that safely navigated him through the fraudulent waters of Chicagoland political corruption, thereby enabling him to cruise untarnished into the White House?

If such a route from Chicago to Washington, D.C. was prepared for Barack Obama, it was done by more than one official of the Department of Justice (DoJ).  And, it was accomplished with the coerced assistance of, at least, three F.B.I. moles that helped the Bureau build cases against Blago and Rezko – cases that would not implicate the man who would be President.

What follows is the story of one of those moles: Bernard Barton; also known as John Thomas.  

Much of the information herein is distilled from multiple Chicago media sources – most often the Chicago Sun Times and Chicago Tribune.  Those outlets, plus a few lesser known Chicago business news sources, published bits-and-pieces of the Barton-Thomas story as it unfolded.  But they, collectively, fell short of providing a comprehensive overview of his role as a mole for the F.B.I.

Bernard Barton’s transition to John Thomas began in the late 1990’s  when investigators in the USA’s Long Island office in the Eastern District of New York caught Barton and a partner defrauding customers of their billboard leasing company by charging them $350,000 in rental fees for billboard space. It was fraud; they never intended to deliver on their contractual obligations. Barton also charged $140,000 on an American Express card using his father’s Social Security number.

To avoid a 15-20 months jail sentence, Barton agreed to help federal prosecutors gather evidence against organized crime families trying to penetrate the billboard business in New York. 

Barton apparently did that job well because his adjudication was delayed – for what would total about a decade.

As he awaited his eventual fate before a federal judge, there was more DoJ undercover work awaiting him in Illinois.  

In 2000, he moved to Chicago, legally changed his name to John Thomas (to avoid recognition as the federal billboard mole?), and opened a real estate brokerage, plus another billboard company. 

Bernard Barton, aka John Thomas (photo credit: Chicago Tribune)

On its face, it looks like the DoJ set him up there to aid an on-going investigation conducted by the USA for the Northern District of Illinois, Patrick Fitzgerald, targeting corrupt Chicagoland pols. Among those targets was Rod Blagojevich – former U.S. Representative (Il 5th Dist., 1997-2003) and later Governor of Illinois (2003-2009). The feds maintained their leverage over Barton-Thomas by delaying adjudication of charges against him back in New York.

He was a fish hopelessly hooked on the line, but not yet reeled into the courthouse boat.  

Sometime between 2000 and October 2003, according to a May 4, 2007 article by Thomas A. Corfman entitled “Real estate exec plays mole in Fed probe” posted in a Crain’s Chicago Business real estate site, Burton-Thomas became a confidential informant (C.I.) for the USA in Chicago. This was confirmed in an announcement from the Long Island office of the Eastern District of New York.

“Federal prosecutors in Long Island disclosed Mr. Thomas’s cooperation in October 2003, when Mr. Thomas entered his guilty plea in New York. ‘We just want to put on the record that the defendant has approached the U.S. attorney’s office in Chicago to cooperate with the U.S. attorney’s office in Chicago,’ an assistant U.S. attorney said, according to an Oct. 27, 2003, transcript of the hearing in New York.

And in an unusual move, prosecutors asked for a court order allowing Mr. Thomas to commit crimes during the investigation, a tell-tale sign that Mr. Thomas was part of an undercover ‘sting operation’. The court granted the request.

‘It is contemplated that in connection with his work with law enforcement, Barton may be asked to engage in criminal activity, that is, activity that may violate a federal, state and/or local criminal law…but that is undertaken with the prior knowledge and consent of federal law enforcement…for purposes of furthering the ongoing grand jury investigation’ in Chicago according to a document filed by prosecutors in New York on October 29, 2003.’”

The assertion from the USA’s Long Island office for the Eastern District of New York that Barton-Thomas “approached the U.S. attorney’s office in Chicago to cooperate with the U.S. attorney’s office in Chicago” is, at least, odd.  At most, the notion that he volunteered to be a mole is incredible. It’s more plausible that he didn’t have a choice whether to “cooperate” or not with the Chicago USA’s “sting operation.”

According to a May 5, 2007 article by Chicago Tribune staff reporter David Jackson, in 2004 Barton was convicted of the fraud charges originating in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York from the late 1990’s.  But his sentencing was delayed – for six more years.

Burton-Thomas is now in the boat, but with an uncertain fate. Leverage over him remains in place.  Does he go in the frying pan, or back into the lake?

In his article cited above, Jackson also reported:

“When a Tribune reporter discovered that Thomas was acting as a federal operative in May 2006, U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald took the unusual step of asking senior editors at the paper to refrain from publishing a report that would expose the ongoing probe. Fitzgerald offered no specifics but said an article would derail an important investigation and put people in serious danger of harm.”

So who were “the people” put “in serious danger,” from whom, and why?

On February 10, 2010, David Roeder of the Chicago Sun Times reported:

Thomas wouldn't discuss details of his work for the FBI. But sources said that, for more than two years when he was giving information to agents, Thomas provided a fly-on-the-wall look inside Rezko's real estate operations and his desperate attempts to keep his projects afloat. Sources said Thomas also logged frequent visits to Rezko from Gov. Blagojevich and U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.). [bolded in the original] Blagojevich and Obama were among the many politicians for whom Rezko raised campaign cash. Neither has been charged with any wrongdoing.  Thomas had good reason to help. He hopes to get probation for his own felony fraud conviction in a New York case. And he said he wants to redeem himself in the eyes of business associates and his family. Sources said Thomas helped investigators build a record of repeat visits to the old offices of Rezko and former business partner

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index ... _batt.html

FBI, terrorist fantasizer battle over release of texts with undercover ...
MLive.com-May 31, 2016
Preying on his loneliness, FBI agents manufactured a fake bride and heartache to manipulate a young Muslim into making alleged

http://www.roseanneworld.com/blog/2014/ ... en-report/

From Wayne Madsen Report
June 20-22, 2014 — SPECIAL REPORT. FBI killed Franklin scandal investigator
WMR can exclusively report that it was the Federal Bureau of Investigation that placed a bomb on the private airplane that killed state of Nebraska chief investigator Gary Caradori and his 6-year old son “AJ” on July 11, 1990. Caradori had been hired by the Nebraska unicameral legislature to investigate allegations that a number of Nebraska youth had been sexually abused and transported over state lines in a scandal centered around the Franklin Credit Union, headed by rising GOP African-American star Lawrence King.
A very knowledgeable source involved with what became known as the “Franklin Scandal” told WMR that Caradori flew to Chicago ostensibly to attend the All Star game on July 10 at Wrigley Field. In reality, the trip to the game was a cover for Caradori to meet with a source who handed him photographs that proved that Nebraskan children, some from the famed Boy’s Town orphanage, were being used for the sexual gratification of important political leaders in Washington, including Vice President and President George H W Bush.
Caradori phoned his wife and another investigator shortly before the All-Star game and told them the same thing: “I got what I came after. I got ’em by the balls. I’ve got pictures. I will take them to the game and bring them back to Nebraska.”
When Caradori began to follow the money behind the Franklin scandal, he discovered two things: the Franklin Credit Union was being used by the White House and CIA to launder money for the Iran-contra affair and King and his associates were given a free ride to sexually traffic in and molest children, including many procured from Boy’s Town.
One of those implicated in the Franklin scandal was Housing and Urban Development Secretary Sam Pierce. At the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas, King held a $1 million reception for Pierce. However, King’s salary at the time was $14,000 a year and the actual cost of the reception was $300,000. The difference, $700,000, went into a slush fund that was laundered by the Franklin Credit Union for various “activities” sponsored by the CIA and White House.
On July 11, Caradori took off in his private plane from Chicago en route to Nebraska. Witnesses on the ground said they saw a flash in the sky followed by an explosion. Initial news reports stated that Caradori’s aircraft exploded in flight and then crashed. However, subsequent news reports were altered and claimed the aircraft exploded upon impact with the ground. Caradori and his son were killed in the crash. The local Sheriff’s office reported that scattered in the wreckage were child pornographic photographs. The FBI arrived and began systematically removing the photographs, debris, and Caradori’s briefcase. Meanwhile, FBI agents in Lincoln, Nebraska entered Caradori’s office and seized his files. Another FBI agent showed up at the office of a Nebraska state official investigating the Franklin case and demanded he turn over his files. The state official told the FBI agent to “get the hell out.”
The Bush White House immediately began covering up the Franklin scandal and put pressure on the remaining Nebraska state investigators. The FBI used the Kansas City mob to intimidate high-level witnesses and investigators of the Franklin scandal. One of the lead investigators also told WMR, “the FBI killed Caradori . . . they put the bomb on his airplane.”
An attempt to hire former CIA director William Colby to lead a state of Nebraska investigation of the Franklin scandal failed in a legislative committee 4 to 3 vote. Instead, the committee appointed attorney Kirk Naylor as its chief investigator. A major figure involved in investigating Franklin told WMR that Naylor was the most incompetent person the committee could have found to lead the investigation. Colby was a Vietnam War colleague of Nebraska state Senator John De Camp, one of major investigators of the Franklin scandal. Colby reportedly was ready to expose the CIA’s own involvement in the use of child prostitutes for the purposes of political and diplomatic blackmail. Colby died in a suspicious canoeing accident on the Chesapeake Bay on April 27, 1996.
Monsignor Robert Hupp, the Vicar-General of the Archdiocese of Omaha, a former Navy chaplain, and, in 1976, the first-ever clergy member of the U.S. delegation to the United Nations, had reported in the early 1970s to his bishop that there was sexual abuse at Boy’s Town that even involved a priest murdering a boy. Hupp was later named the head of Boy’s Town, ostensibly to keep him quiet. Hupp was in charge of Boy’s Town until the late 1980s, when the Franklin scandal first hit the front pages. Eventually, even after stepping down as the head of the orphanage, Hupp was forced to leave Boy’s Town altogether. WMR has learned that in 2003 a longtime supporter of Boy’s Town allowed Hupp to move into his cabin in Mausten, Wisconsin after being forced to leave the facilities at Boy’s Town. A reporter for the Omaha World-Herald, a newspaper owned by Nebraska billionaire Warren Buffett and which always had a skeptical view of the Franklin scandal, volunteered to drive Hupp to Wisconsin. Upon arriving at the cabin, the reporter prepared dinner for Hupp. The retired monsignor who broke the Catholic Church’s silence on its role in the Franklin scandal, died in his sleep that same night.

The iconic Washington Times front page that capped off the Franklin scandal’s sporadic and spotty news coverage.
Anyone who believes the Franklin Scandal and Cover-up is over and done with would be dead wrong. On January 20, 2012, Carol Stitt, the 29-year director of the Nebraska Foster Care Review Board, an individual who aggressively protected foster care children in Nebraska from sexual perverts and other undesirable foster parents, was dismissed by her own board of directors. The 11-member board had been stacked by loyalists of Republican Governor Dave Heineman whose goal it was to oust Stitt. As with the constant intimidation of witnesses involved in Franklin, Stitt also found herself investigated by the federal government’s Office of Special Counsel for allegedly violating the Hatch Act by attending a 2006 political campaign rally for Republican and football coach legend Tom Osborne. Although Stitt, a state employee, would not normally be subject to the rarely-enforced Hatch Act that bans political activity by federal employees, Stitt’s Foster Care Review Board received funds from the federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
The HHS’s initial complaint against Stitt, which arose from her attendance at the 2006 Osborne rally, began when current GOP U.S. Senate candidate Ben Sasse was serving as assistant secretary

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/w ... /85241126/

The brouhaha didn't matter to Boulhosa or MC-LEF President Edmond J. Boran, a Marine who served in Vietnam, and was an FBI agent for 25 years and later served as director of security for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
"We don't advertise, so this will really help raise our public profile," Boran said. "This is not unusual — Donald Trump has been a consistent supporter for years, and that's what's important to us. He's been a longtime supporter of veterans and law enforcement in general."
He said Trump donated $100,000 to the organization in March, matching the contribution he made to the group last year, when he was honored at the MC-LEF gala at the Waldorf Astoria.

Family of Oakland muralist killed with stolen ICE gun files claim
SFGate-

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Fami ... 959703.php

And on Sunday, an FBI agent had his .40-caliber gun stolen during a car break in near Alamo Square in San Francisco. That gun was later recovered and a 

http://www.fronterasdesk.org/content/10 ... parts-ebay

Border Patrol Mechanic To Be Sentenced For Selling Official Vehicle Parts On eBay
By  Michel Marizco
June 01, 2016

A Customs and Border Protection employee is scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday after he sold parts from Border Patrol vehicles on eBay.

Herold Demes was a mechanic employed by the Border Patrol in Tucson. Last May, a federal grand jury indicted him on a

http://www.mintpressnews.com/anti-defam ... ps/216909/

The Anti-Defamation League’s Challenge To Pro-Peace & Justice Groups
By Grant F. Smith | AntiWar | June 2, 2016

Jonathan Greenblatt, left, incoming national director for the Anti-Defamation League, talks with Abe Foxman, former director of the ADL, during a reception for a special dinner in Foxman’s honor in New York.

On Monday morning NPR’s Tom Gjelten reported the Anti-Defamation League’s recent challenges interfacing with peace and justice groups in the aftermath of Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson and Black Lives Matter movement. According to Gjelten, the Anti-Defamation League arose in 1913 to “put an end forever to unfair and unjust discrimination against…any sect or body of citizens.” ADL stood alongside the NAACP to end discrimination against African Americans in the South, which was the focus of NPR’s story. The ADL’s new President, Jonathan Greenblatt, a former special assistant to President Obama, wants to rekindle the spirit of solidarity encapsulated in a photo he frequently shows of Dr. Martin Luther King, Robert F. Kennedy and the heads of the ADL and NAACP in a Rose Garden snapshot with LBJ just before the famous March on Washington.

The crux of the problem – according to Gjelten and the ADL – is that modern day movements like Black Lives Matter are more partial to advice from Palestinians living under perennial Israeli military occupation for tactics in dealing with heavily militarized police. The solution is to make the ADL “a consistently valued civil rights partner in a time of divided loyalties.” But how can the ADL accomplish that? Has it gotten too comfortable in the “suites” to ever march again in the “streets?” Does ADL have anything of value to offer in exchange for the “loyalties” of grassroots movements? Is that even the right question?

A review of the ADL’s unvarnished – yet little known – history may provide answers for how the organization could – but likely will not – become more relevant:

official MintPress sponsor
Stop throwing disenfranchised groups under the bus – especially when they inconvenience access to greater funding and power. The ADL’s moment of truth did not occur in Alabama of the 1960s, but rather California of the 1940s. The League had a genuine existential dilemma which resonates today. The ADL could have followed its principles and opposed the mass internment of West Coast Japanese-Americans during WWII. Or it could have supported the single most extremist anti-Japanese voice in America – John R. Lechner – and secretly prepared testimony to Congress about the threat still posed by interred but loyal Japanese Americans even as they languished in camps. Today the ADL likes to use Japanese American interment in its tolerance case studies and teaching materials. In reality – according to former Warner Brothers Studio Personnel Director Jack Holmes, the ADL secretly supported Japanese interment in order to temporarily divert Congressional investigations of alleged communist infiltration of Hollywood studios (PDF, page 32). At that time, a majority of ADL’s funding came from Hollywood studios, according to Holmes.
Stop infiltrating and subverting pro-peace & justice groups. In the 1960s the Organization of Arab Students was becoming too powerful, in the ADL’s view, by organizing large conferences to establish ties between students, scholars and activists interested in Pan Arabism in the Middle East. So it sent in two operatives, complete with cover stories as friendly journalists, to an OAS national conference to uncover exploitable weaknesses in order to take over and subvert the movement. A couple of decades later another ADL operative, Roy Bullock, was caught infiltrating and violating state privacy statutes collecting data on anti-Apartheid and pro-Palestinian groups operating in Northern California and elsewhere. Bullock popped up distributing Holocaust-denial literature at Palestinian conferences to smear the movement, operating undercover as a traveling art dealer sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. In reality, he was paid by the ADL through attorney Bruce Hochman, a conduit who allowed the ADL to also work closely with corrupt law enforcement officials. Although the ADL was caught holding classified information in the affair, Israeli pressure on the Department of Justice thwarted well-warranted espionage charges.
Unwind the ADL’s “special relationship” with the FBI In 2012 the ADL was the second-largest Israel advocacy organization in America with a budget over $50 million, 409 employees and 3,500 volunteers. The ADL has pursued a “special relationship” with the initially resistant FBI since 1940 when it offered up its entire network of operatives as informants in exchange for access to FBI files in order to avoid “duplication” of investigatory efforts.Since then, FBI directors have ordered all field offices to liaise with their ADL regional “counterparts.” Despite a history of bogus ADL “criminal investigations” into targets such as Arab UN diplomats and intel on a Minnesota professor getting too close to African American political movements, (PDF) the FBI-ADL relationship has grown closer, with ADL operatives now training all special agents at Quantico and holding joint training sessions for local law enforcement officers. Whether this training plays any role in the raft of recent dubious prosecutions against mentally challenged would-be “Islamic terrorist” suspects coaxed by informants to plot violence against US targets is unknowable – the FBI refuses to release ADL training materials under FOIA. (PDF) While Gjelton noted the “ADL chapter in St. Louis assists the U.S. Attorney’s office in staffing” such non-adversarial ADL “insider” relationships with powerful law enforcement agents are likely seen as a problem rather than solution for many pro peace and justice movement members used to taking to the streets and not the suites.
Ditch Israel The ADL is a bit like the recently retired Most Interesting Man Alive portrayed by Jonathan Goldsmith. He didn’t always drink beer, but when he did, he preferred Dos Equis. A great many American social welfare organizations that today are unconditionally pro-Israel were not originally Zionist. But during the Nazi march across Europe, the Holocaust, upon the formation of Israel in 1948 and after their sources of communal funding were taken over by Zionist activists, most of the affinity organizations that today make up the Israel lobby eventually became unconditionally pro-Israel.However, today few informed American peace and justice movement activists believe Israel is a shining example of harmonious co-existence between differing peoples. No banning of accurate histories from textbooks, periodic pink washing campaigns and Sabra hummus commercials are likely to change that. Increasing numbers instead believe Israel is a poster-child for apartheid. Many have come to understand – correctly – that the fulcrum of massive unconditional US government support is a multi-billion-dollar system of Israel lobbying organizations paying off politicians, channeling payola to influential university regents and think tankers, while infiltrating operatives into key positions of influence. A tiny handful even speculate – as once did an FBI agent – that key lobbying organizations in such close ongoing coordination with the Israeli government should openly register as Israeli foreign agents – as required by law. They are as focused on their core issues as the ADL once was.
In its initial announcement the League stated clearly that the “defamation of Jews on the stage, in moving pictures” created “an untrue and injurious impression of an entire people and to expose the Jew to undeserved contempt and ridicule” as leading sources of prejudice in most immediate need of redress. The League claimed it would act openly to publicly pressure producers and managers of theaters prior to the staging of defamatory productions, thus correcting “evils before any harm is done.” Defamatory newspaper and magazine articles would also be met with “protest to the editor” and “subsequent articles upon the same subject matter, thereby reaching the same reading public and correcting errors.” An economic boycott would be then made “by appealing to the patrons and advertisers for co-operation” to confront the most egregious cases of willful abuse.

Like many within the universe of pro peace and justice organizations today, ADL was once a tiny operation. Its Chicago headquarters was originally housed within the law office of Sigmund Livingston and started out with “a $200 budget and two desks.” In its early days the ADL was open to all who would sign a membership card. By 1930, the ADL successfully persuaded Roget’s Thesaurus to remove a hateful entry equating the word “Jew” as synonymous with “cunning rich, usurer, extortioner, heretic.” But ADL has launched no similarly effective campaign on behalf of today’s most disenfranchised groups. It cannot. Once again funding is a major constraint. Many of the Israel lobby’s biggest donors actively and richly fund Islamophobia.

Today it is Muslims, Arabs and Persians in general (Palestinians, Iranians and the territories where they live in particular) that are under constant assault – not byRoget’s – but vastly more powerful forces such as the military-industrial-congressional complex, Hollywood, the mainstream media and not coincidentally, many Israel affinity organizations. Like the Japanese-American internees once secretly targeted by the ADL, such groups are judged to be weak, disorganized, disenfranchised and unable to tell their own stories – or even possess stories worth hearing. They serve
fruhmenschen

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations