Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 pm

http://boingboing.net/2012/03/07/huxley ... rwell.html

Huxley's fan-letter to Orwell for Nineteen Eighty-Four
By Cory Doctorow at 5:45 am Wednesday, Mar 7

Alduous Huxley sent George Orwell a fan-letter in Oct 1949, after receiving a review copy of Nineteen Eighty-Four from Orwell's publisher. Huxley (who, according to Letters of Note, was once Orwell's French teacher) is effusive in his praise, and goes on to directly compare Orwell's masterpiece with his own Brave New World.

Partly because of the prevailing materialism and partly because of prevailing respectability, nineteenth-century philosophers and men of science were not willing to investigate the odder facts of psychology for practical men, such as politicians, soldiers and policemen, to apply in the field of government. Thanks to the voluntary ignorance of our fathers, the advent of the ultimate revolution was delayed for five or six generations. Another lucky accident was Freud's inability to hypnotize successfully and his consequent disparagement of hypnotism. This delayed the general application of hypnotism to psychiatry for at least forty years. But now psycho-analysis is being combined with hypnosis; and hypnosis has been made easy and indefinitely extensible through the use of barbiturates, which induce a hypnoid and suggestible state in even the most recalcitrant subjects.

Within the next generation I believe that the world's rulers will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience. In other words, I feel that the nightmare of Nineteen Eighty-Four is destined to modulate into the nightmare of a world having more resemblance to that which I imagined in Brave New World. The change will be brought about as a result of a felt need for increased efficiency. Meanwhile, of course, there may be a large scale biological and atomic war — in which case we shall have nightmares of other and scarcely imaginable kinds.

1984 v. Brave New World
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 pm

http://72.52.208.92/~gbpprorg/mil/mindc ... uxley.html

Aldous Huxley

British author of Brave New World, which ranks with George Orwell's 1984 as the finest piece of dystopian literature.

Some (mainly Lyndon LaRouche and his followers) have charged that Huxley was a British intelligence agent, sent to revive the ancient Egyptian Isis cult, centering around the use of drugs. They also charge that Brave New World was a blueprint, rather than a warning. I doubt that these folks even read the book, much less the non-fiction follow up Brave New World Revisted, in which Huxley expresses his fears that the chemically controlled society in his book is becoming a reality. He did, however, see promise in LSD, mescaline, and other psychedelics for expanding human awareness.

Ironically, during his psychedelic experimentation in America (years before LSD or other drugs hit the subculture), he crossed paths with many figures in the CIA's MK-ULTRA program.

Huxley was turned on to mescaline by Dr. Humphrey Osmond, who in turn was introduced to the drug by Alfred Hubbard. Hubbard personally guided Huxley through his second mescaline trip and his first experience with LSD.

Huxley was also friends with Dr. Louis "Jolly" West, and suggested that West try combining LSD with hypnosis.
(Lee, Martin and Schlain, Bruce, Acid Dreams, Grove Press, 1985, pg 46-8)

Huxley was also interested in parapsychology, and lectured on the topic at Duke University. It was at Duke where Huxley had contact with J.B. Rhine, who reportedly did experiments in psychic phenomena for the CIA and the Army. (Lee and Schlain, pg 48)

Helped to start up the Esalen Institute. Was reportedly friends with Andrijah Puharich.
American Dream

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm

American Dream wrote:http://boingboing.net/2012/03/07/huxleys-fan-letter-to-orwell.html

Huxley's fan-letter to Orwell for Nineteen Eighty-Four
By Cory Doctorow at 5:45 am Wednesday, Mar 7

Alduous Huxley sent George Orwell a fan-letter in Oct 1949, after receiving a review copy of Nineteen Eighty-Four from Orwell's publisher. Huxley (who, according to Letters of Note, was once Orwell's French teacher) is effusive in his praise, and goes on to directly compare Orwell's masterpiece with his own Brave New World.

Partly because of the prevailing materialism and partly because of prevailing respectability, nineteenth-century philosophers and men of science were not willing to investigate the odder facts of psychology for practical men, such as politicians, soldiers and policemen, to apply in the field of government. Thanks to the voluntary ignorance of our fathers, the advent of the ultimate revolution was delayed for five or six generations. Another lucky accident was Freud's inability to hypnotize successfully and his consequent disparagement of hypnotism. This delayed the general application of hypnotism to psychiatry for at least forty years. But now psycho-analysis is being combined with hypnosis; and hypnosis has been made easy and indefinitely extensible through the use of barbiturates, which induce a hypnoid and suggestible state in even the most recalcitrant subjects.

Within the next generation I believe that the world's rulers will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience. In other words, I feel that the nightmare of Nineteen Eighty-Four is destined to modulate into the nightmare of a world having more resemblance to that which I imagined in Brave New World. The change will be brought about as a result of a felt need for increased efficiency. Meanwhile, of course, there may be a large scale biological and atomic war — in which case we shall have nightmares of other and scarcely imaginable kinds.

1984 v. Brave New World

Thanks very much for that - that's an amazing connection between connection between the two.
There is a very IMHO underrated film called Equilibrium from 2002 with Christian Bales that has a future that is a brutal 50% mixture of 1984 and Brave New World.
Searcher08

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:21 am

The Televisionary Oracle

by Rob Brezsny

Chapter 2

I'm at the Catalyst, the biggest nightclub in Santa Cruz, California, looking for trouble on a Friday afternoon in April. Later tonight, my band World Entertainment War will be playing here, and I'm working myself into a righteous frenzy so I'll hit the stage in just the right mood.

For twenty minutes I sit alone at the bar swigging a lemonade under a sunny skylight. Meanwhile, I monitor the traffic in and out of the women's bathroom, glad to see only one visitor in all that time. Finally I'm ready to move. Acting as if I'm headed for the men's room, I instead slip into enemy territory, primed to perform my benevolent terrorism. The yellowish white walls are an unruly pastiche of smooth and rough surfaces. The mirror over the sink is blistered with cracked orange stains, and the faint stench of bleach adds just the right touch to the ambiance. Pulling out my fine-point felt-tip marker, I print neatly on the wall:

Macho feminist seeks cunning Goddess-worshiper with high IQ for experiments in raw friendship.

Do you want to be listened to with a luxurious concentration that no one -- let alone a mere man -- has ever given you before? Are you looking for a savvy servant and sidekick in your holy quest to cultivate your own flaming genius?

Try me. All my patriarchal imprints are incinerated, all my locker room jokes obliterated. Even better: I know how to play.

Let's dress up as teenage hoodlums and go hunting for pet grasshoppers in a dandelion meadow next to a trailer park while chanting passages from the Bhagavad Gita. Let's put on dorky floral shower caps and climb a hill at dusk in the rain to stage a water balloon fight while we sing songs from West Side Story.

Check my credentials: a roomful of books about the Goddess revival; a talent for channeling the spirit of Gertrude Stein; and ownership of a pair of red shoes once worn by Anaos Nin. I'll write songs about you, memorize the story of your life, massage your booboos. I have a ten-inch tongue, short fingernails, guaranteed no beard stubble. Foreplay isn't a means to an end -- it's a way of life.

Call Rockstar at

As I'm writing my phone number, the lavatory door slams open. In strides a tall, athletic voluptuary with a waist-length auburn mane and a bemused expression. I'm in love instantly. Her emerald eyes are kind but skeptical. Her crooked grin is a work of art that announces that she's uttered a lot of smart-ass benedictions in her time. My fantasies are already going full bore. I'm inventing her from scratch. She's a Qabalistic witch with dancer's instincts, steeped in the magical lore of herbs and the art of turning men into salamanders. She's a beauty queen who renounced her crown in solidarity with her ugly sisters everywhere. She's a stand-up comedienne with a slapstick streak, and she cackles when she comes.

Probably none of this is true, but I can't help myself. Her thick auburn eyebrows and flared nostrils and top-front-teeth-gap and freckled cleavage are the exact features my dreamwoman would have. Her high forehead and total lack of make-up are clear evidence that she's an earthy idealist with a massive IQ. Gorgeous sphinx with a prankster heart; part-Italian, part-Ethiopian, part-Irish, part-Czech, and part-extraterrestrial. Definitely not raised as a Catholic. Her loose-limbed body language says she loves sex and treats herself with joyous respect.

True, the purple baseball hat and purple windbreaker are a little strange -- they're accessories favored by redneck babes-but on the other hand the logo on the front of the hat is a double-headed ax, which is a notorious code, at least in bohemian Santa Cruz, for feisty feminism (having been an important symbol in ancient Crete, among the world's last-known matriarchal cultures). Maybe she's the star shortstop of an all-woman team sponsored by a pagan coven. Hell, maybe she's the high priestess of the coven herself. I picture her skyclad in an oak grove, holding a carved willow-wood thyrsus as she leads a circle of worshipers in a bacchanalian dance under a full moon.

Sorry. I'll stop now. I silently apologize for sculpting her out of my private raw materials. In real life, she's probably a single mother scratching out a living through a combination of welfare payments and a typical Santa Cruz under-the-table job like scraping barnacles off boats down at the yacht harbor. Of course this is also weirdly attractive to the part of me that yearns to save the world by erotically nurturing all the world's most psychically wounded (yet physically beautiful) women. In the interests of objectively reporting on the current state of my lust, though, that's not the specific version of the divine feminine I'm in the mood to lose myself in today.

I command myself to take a tantric breath of fire. It's amazing how profoundly my imagination can blind me. As the first flush of my testosterone-fueled fantasy subsides, I realize I've encountered this siren on at least three previous occasions, each time in circumstances where my receptivity to her charms did not fully combust due to my preoccupation with making a spectacle of myself. The first meeting was the night she jumped on stage during one of my band's shows here at the Catalyst. I was histrionically imitating a homeless person and screaming out the paranoid lyrics to "Get Out of My Head."

Get outta my head Leave me alone I wanna think my own thoughts now Get outta my head I'm never alone My brain feels like a radio

But as I yanked on a long shank of my hair, which was secured in a topknot by a white sweat sock, this wacko babe wearing a baseball uniform-the same voluptuary who now stands before me in the women's bathroom-grabbed the guitar player's microphone and tried to outshout me, chanting, "Brainwash yourself before somebody nasty beats you to it" until one of the bouncers ushered her off.

I also remember seeing her at a performance art ritual, "A Happy Birthday for Death," which a friend of mine staged for about sixty pagan hipsters in a cemetery at dawn a couple months ago. As the sun rose, I caught a glimpse of Gorgeous Sphinx doing a dance on top of a sepulcher to the accompaniment of harp, tabla, and didgeridoo. Even if I'd wanted to, I couldn't stop and stare because I had a major role in the proceedings. I was playing the goat god Pan, complete with furry leggings and horns strapped on my head. My job was to dance obscenely and blow my panpipes and offer everyone sips of wine from my goatskin and in general stir up an orgiastic mood.

The third time I saw her was a month ago, at a party thrown by a local newspaper that carries the stories I write now and then. I was entertaining a gaggle of yuppie drunks with a rap about how I was a dream doctor; that if they prayed to me before they went to sleep, I would make a house call to their dreams and surgically remove the demons from their nightmares. Absolutely free! No further obligation!

Suddenly a green-eyed woman with stunning auburn hair elbowed her way through the champagne-swillers. Though I had never talked with her before in my life, she announced, "You said in my dream last night that I should not under any circumstances play soccer in bunny slippers at dawn in a supermarket parking lot with a gang of sadomasochistic stockbrokers who've promised to teach me the Balinese monkey chant. I'm extremely grateful for that advice, and I wanted to do something for you in return. Please accept this talisman. I made it myself."

Whereupon she handed me a purple origami in the shape of a bull's skull and disappeared.

"Are you lost?" she says now, here in the ladies' restroom, her tone a perky blend of sarcasm and affection.

"Doing some undercover political work," I say, trying to sound enigmatic but self-effacing, cocky but harmless. "Slipping some benevolent propaganda to the feminist masses."

She scans my graffiti, then turns to the mirror and stares my reflection in the eye with mock gravity. "Stick out your tongue," she commands.

"Huh?"

"Stick out your tongue. I want to examine your tongue."

I'm in no mood to be rational. Besides, I've just announced in my personal ad that I want to be of service to strong, mysterious women. I thrust out my tongue.

"You don't have anywhere near a ten-incher," she laughs. "It's maybe five at most."

Am I dreaming? Is it possible this person is one of the rare grown-ups who likes to play as much as I do? My heart feels a warm, tickling rush as I dare to imagine that my initial fantasies about her might be accurate.

"My tongue always becomes exactly as long as the woman I'm with needs it to be," I reply, pretending to be defensive. Her next statement will be crucial. It'll tell me if she's prepared to join me here in a spontaneous act of performance art, or else retreat into a boring old literal conversation.

"But if it's true that you're a macho feminist, I would think that you might want to demonstrate the strength of your convictions by wearing women's clothing."

Eureka. Please O Goddess in heaven, let this woman be the kindred spirit she seems to be.

"My therapist has strictly specified which fetishes and addictions are good for me," I jive. "She says for now the only feminine garments I should wear are lesbian pumps." And in fact I do have on what are called in Santa Cruz "lesbian pumps" -- lavender hightop Converse sneakers.

"Uh-huh. OK. That is an acceptable answer. By the way, I should tell you that I have been sent by the Feminist Bureau of Standards to determine whether you meet the certification requirements. Do you mind if I ask you a few more questions?"

"I'm eager to prove my worthiness."

"First question. You say you've got a roomful of books on the Goddess revival. Then give me a capsule summary of the importance of Marija Gimbutas' work.

"Question two. You say you've incinerated all your patriarchal imprints. Then give me a very practical example of a way it's changed one of your relationships with an actual woman.

"Third question. Let me feel your face. Hey, I thought you said you're stubble-free. I'd never let you slide that sandpaper across my cheek."

There are few exchanges with any beautiful woman that I don't find at least mildly erotic. (Whether this is a sick compulsion or a gift from the Goddess is still in question.) But when the beautiful woman is also skilled in the art of improvising irreverent psychodramas, mere titillation evolves into atavistic hunger.

Before responding to her test questions, I decide to make a pre-emptory strike. I will alert her to the possibility that my testosterone could at any moment boil over and sully my standing vow never to objectify any woman, ever, for any reason-even women who're begging to be objectified. My egregiously selfish, gloriously empowering, accursedly sickening, ecstatically inspiring TESTOSTERONE might, at any moment, assume its priestly shamanic disguise and attempt to transubstantiate Gorgeous Sphinx into archetypal Goddess food-that is to say, sneakily objectify her in a spiritual manner.

By the way, I am in awe of everything I just said. I inwardly genuflect in rapt admiration of my ability to confess my male sins in such a way as to make myself more attractive to women. Somehow I have been chosen by the Goddess -- I alone of all the men I've ever known -- to have discovered this brilliant technique of transcending the asshole-ness which is my legacy as a male -- by capitalizing on it.

I take my felt-tip marker to the bathroom mirror and carefully print at the top, "Official Document Ensuring That All Further Interactions between the Male and Female Will Be Fully Consensual."

Gorgeous Sphinx grows a mocking grin of horror on her face and stage-whispers, "My hero! Thank you so so very, very much for your oh-so-courtly courtesy and romantic old-fashioned respect. You're worried, aren't you? You're afraid you're going to commit an act of sexual harassment against my poor, defenseless female person. How flattering. I appreciate your sensitive concern for my delicate feelings ... Now quit waffling, bitch, and say what you fucking mean!"

She slaps her thigh histrionically and doubles over with guffaws. With her head still inverted and down near her knees, she edges her way towards me and begins to tie my shoelaces together. Blissfully stunned by this brazen act of prankful intimacy, I don't resist.

Trying to recover my composure, I shuffle back to the mirror to write some more. "Whereas, the male and female parties to this agreement earnestly desire to speak freely, but also recognize that the male, despite his most earnest efforts, has yet to fully debug himself of crude patriarchal metaviruses which could cause him to unintentionally hurl lust-bombs at the aura of the female."

Then I draw two lines for our signatures, and sign my name on one. Gorgeous Sphinx takes the marker from me and signs her name with her left hand. "Rapunzel Blavatsky."

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to subtract points for your residual patriarchal metaviruses," she says solemnly, "but your admission of guilt has awakened in me a possibly idiotic compassion which may well aid your cause in the long run. On the other hand, however, I'm getting impatient for your erudite discourse in reply to my three questions ... you goofy slut!"

A new attack of chuckles convulses her, and she slaps me on the back like a drunken ex-classmate at a high school reunion.

I take my Swiss army knife out of my jeans and open the biggest blade. I turn on the water faucet and squirt some of the yellow soap from the dispenser onto my hands. Soon I'm engaged in a primitive scraping of the stubble from my face. To show off my reckless poise even more, I don't even look in the mirror to guide my hand.

"Let's see," I begin. "Marija Gimbutas. Maverick archaeologist who for forty years doggedly tracked down ancient goddess figurines from under the soil of Eastern Europe and Asia Minor, singlehandedly digging up the concrete proof that up until four thousand years ago, God was a woman-and a woman with a big fat ass at that."

"Good, good. Though at the Bureau of Standards we prefer 'plump buttocks' to 'big fat ass.'"

Rapunzel is now facing away from me, hard at work drawing and scribbling on the wall with my felt-tip pen. I'm freshly invaded by the musky coyote scent of her grandiose hair as she squats down. That and her bouncy, muscular body language beam a wave of rubbery heat directly at my knees, which in reply threaten to crumple.

"Now as to your second question, Rapunzel. About giving an example of how I've incinerated my patriarchal imprints. Let me tell you about the laws of making love I learned from my lesbian girlfriend, Lourdes."

"You're a brave fool."

"Here's the first law: Whatever you, as a man, might think is the proper length of time to keep up a particular stroke or maneuver, take that and at least double it. Don't just rub your cheek against her belly for a couple minutes and then move on to swabbing your hair against her thighs. Continue doing that cheek and belly thing forever, like you're playing the childhood game 'Slow Motion.'"

As I speak, Rapunzel's creation is taking shape. It appears to be a cartoon strip.

"The second law is this: Figure out a way, using your imagination and magic, to get your thrills as much from giving your companion pleasure as you do from receiving pleasure from her. Remake your body, do whatever it takes, so that you have the sensation, when you're stroking your lover's erogenous zones, that you're literally touching yourself."

"And have you actually mastered these two laws yet?" Rapunzel interrupts.

"Well, I'm still working on the second. But the first is thoroughly ingrained."

"Uh-oh. Sounds like I'm going to have to take a few points off for not putting your money where your mouth is, my friend."

"I understand. But maybe you'll reinstate them when I tell you the other three laws. All of which I have perfected."

"I'm open to an appeal."

"The third law is that the top of the tongue and the underside of the tongue have very different textures. You should use them to create different effects.

"Fourth law: It's a wise soul who sings songs into his lover's flesh; who literally places his lips against various parts of her body and croons away."

Rapunzel shuffles over while still squatting and presses her mouth onto my left hand. To my delight, she sings a few lines from one of my songs, "Television":

Don't kill your television yet Have another cigarette in your imagination Tiger tiger burning bright Take back the airwaves of the night in your imagination
Finished with her guerrilla action, Rapunzel sidles back to work on her artistic masterpiece.

I continue my presentation as if I'm unfazed.

"The fifth law is most important. That's this. There are hundreds of erogenous zones to choose from, all created equal. A fully democratic allotment of sensitive nerve-endings. The back of the knee needs as much attention as the tender spot where the underside of the breast joins the chest. The lobe of the ear and the crook of the shoulder demand equal time. And don't neglect the place where the top of the thigh makes the transition into the butt; it deserves as many kisses as the nape of the neck.

"I should also mention a crucial corollary to the fifth law: Every part of your body should eventually caress, soothe, fondle, rub, and vibrate against every part of her body. No exceptions!"

"Elegant," Rapunzel says. "I think the Bureau of Standards will be impressed."

Continues at: http://www.freewillastrology.com/writings/chapter2.html
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

http://intheprocessofbeing.wordpress.co ... 09/13/161/

sexual energy has been socially constructed. within these confines, the outlet of sexual energy is ultimately penetration (in whatever form). but beyond these confines, what really is this energy? what moves it, provides spaciousness and nourishment to it? I look back at the history of my sexuality, and even my best memories are composed of impermanent joy, love and presence. so why then has this become the supreme act of intimacy? where else would this energy enjoy traveling? how would this energy act in one’s self and the world without the narrow corridors to which it has been forced to march down, time and time again?

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am

“And I am aware of my heart: it opens and closes
Its bowl of red blooms out of sheer love of me.”

― Sylvia Plath

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:19 pm

From the sublime to the...ridiculous:

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm

People used to explore the dimensions of reality by taking LSD to make the world look weird.
Now the world is weird and they take Prozac to make it look normal.

--Bangstrom

What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?

--Ursula K. LeGuin
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

TANTRIC SEX, SAFE SEX

In these days of AIDS, it is essential to enjoy sex, but always within the confines of safe practices to protect yourself and others from contracting the HIV virus (causes AIDS), as well as numerous other diseases. Sex is intensely pleasurable, but it is also a very efficient means of transmitting disease. New techniques need to be learned if you are to have great sex and maintain good health. This guide covers esoteric sexual practices that people would find easy to incorporate into their sex lives and at the same time yield excellent results safely. Much of this information was derived from Tantra and Tao (pronounced Dow) sexual arts.

The romantic myth persists in Western culture that you can only have great sex with your 'ideal' partner. The reality is that you may meet several 'ideal' partners and have a flurry of sexual passion with each of them, but never achieve ecstasy or, if ecstasy is accomplished, it is fleeting rather than a permanent feature of your love life. If you are fully orgasmic, sexual ecstasy can be easily attained. Your partner no longer needs to 'perform' to meet your needs and you can have great sex every time with less than 'ideal' partners. Esoteric techniques can help empower you to become more orgasmic.

The ultimate aim is to achieve Brain Orgasm - multiple orgasms with just hugs, nothing genital. This is the safest of safe sex that can be easily accomplished via tantric sexercises.

This text mainly promotes erotic massage and mutual masturbation as your safest sexual options in the new millennium. However, many couples prefer penetrative sex and for them condom usage remains essential to halt the spread of HIV and many other diseases. Although often regarded as desensitising, condoms are a great way to learn to delay male orgasm for extended periods, a vital prerequisite for attaining sexual ecstasy. They are also very helpful in mastering coitus reservatus (lots of sex with few male orgasms). Condoms need only be considered boring for those not well initiated in sexual practices. It is imperative to use condoms every time, unless you are absolutely certain that your partner does not have HIV or a range of other infectious diseases.

COITUS RESERVATUS

A major limitation on sexual enjoyment arises because many men are primarily concerned with achieving orgasm to relieve pent up tension. When entering the sex act, they often jump ahead of themselves and go as quickly as possible to end the session in orgasm. The big bang and it is all over. This cheats both parties as no one can achieve sexual ecstasy in five or 10 minutes. Much longer more enjoyable sessions can be accomplished through coitus reservatus, which involves men foregoing orgasm during sex. Initially this may sound strange, but various Eastern sexual arts all incorporate coitus reservatus [eg: Tantra (India), Tao (China) and Imsak (Iran)]. Eastern masters considered this to be highly desirable, as ejaculation was believed to be very depleting for the male, due to the life force being wasted with the emission of vital seminal fluid.

How long should lovemaking last? One Taoist considered 'that from the beginning of foreplay to the final loving caress should last two hours or all day'. Another Taoist believed in having intercourse lasting 'one thousand loving thrusts'. Amusingly this is in contrast to Kinsey, an early US sexologist, who defined a man as being a premature ejaculator 'if he could not keep his penis inside a woman for two minutes without having an orgasm'. Clearly any lovers of the latter would be sorely disappointed!

Unlike women, who can enjoy multiple orgasms, men are limited in their sexual activities by the number of orgasms they may achieve. By radically reducing his frequency of orgasm, a man's sexual potency is greatly boosted as he is no longer restricted by the need to have orgasm at the end of every sexual encounter. He may have sex as often as he chooses and for as long as it takes both parties to be fully sated. Initially a man may feel he is missing out on something as the excitement of the peak is no longer there. Even so, this is more than compensated for by longer sessions, better health and the experience of deep pleasure. This compares with thImportantly, complete abstinence from ejaculation can put severe pressure on the prostate gland because orgasmic tension is never released in the pelvic area. Wet dreams can also result in seminal loss, which was considered highly undesirable by Eastern masters. Thus regulated emissions are recommended, the frequency of which would depend upon a man's age, strength and physical condition. Older men (over 40) should emit much less often if they are to maintain a high level of potency into their old age. The suggested ejaculation frequency varied markedly according to source. One Taoist reference considered a maximum rate of two to three emissions per 10 coituses. Another Taoist believed that if a man 'can make love a 100 times without emission he will live a long life'. However, a man may best determine his own ideal schedule by increasing the interval between emissions if ejaculation leaves him tired and depressed. A man should feel light and refreshed after sex, not exhausted, empty and uninterested in further sex.

By foregoing full ecstasy, coitus reservatus enables a man to enjoy hours of near ecstasy and the orgasms he does have will be much sweeter. Couples are able to enjoy sex more fully and for much longer periods. Men retain a sexual hunger as they are never overly satisfied and thus are less likely to become bored with the same partner. Thus relationships tend to be more intimate and enduring as they flow much more smoothly.e temporary climax of male orgasm, lasting at best 10 seconds, only to be followed by tiredness and 'post coitus blues'.

TANTRIC BREATHING

People generally hold their breath and tighten their muscles during sex. This is fine if it is a deliberate effort to raise sexual heat or for regulating and intensifying the climax. Unfortunately, breath holding is often an involuntary reaction, which in turn results in poor control and an all too frequent early male orgasm. Breathing, the mind and sexual response are all interdependent. Altering any one of these variables changes the other two. Not surprisingly, correct breathing forms an essential component of Eastern love teachings.

Breathing Strategies. There is a range of Tantra breathing techniques to prolong and amplify your sexual experiences. Cooling breathing practices should be adopted when nearing a climax to prevent unwanted early orgasm.

Complete Breath involves the conscious control over inhalation, retention and exhalation. Slow steady breathing through the nose is an excellent means to relax and prolong the session. Inhale deeply through the nose slowly filling your lungs from top to bottom. Push the diaphragm down by extending the abdomen outwards. Pause. Empty the lungs by exhaling through the nose and pulling the abdomen inwards.

Crow beak breathing. Curl your tongue and protrude it slightly beyond your lips. Inhale through this 'straw'. Close your mouth and retain your breath for long as is comfortable then exhale through the nose. Crow beak is cooling and defers orgasm.

Sitkari (English name not known). Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth and inhale slowly through the mouth making a slight hissing sound. Retain the breath, followed by exhalation through the nose. This is another cooling breath.

Right/left nostril breathing. Only breathing through the right nostril is heating and stimulates the sex drive bringing on climax. (Use your index finger to cover the left nostril.) In contrast breathing only through the left nostril is cooling thereby helping to avoid climax. You can adjust left or right nostril breathing to suit your needs during sex. (CAUTION: Do not breathe via one nostril for extended periods — over 10 minutes — as it can result in physical imbalances.)

Panting. Hold your mouth open with tongue protruding slightly. Pant rapidly and fully from your belly (not your throat). Promotes arousal and excitability.

Such breathing techniques give you greater options over your sexual responses. If you strain while doing any of these techniques, you are doing them incorrectly. At all times breathing should be relaxed and free flowing. There are many references on yoga breathing. However, the more advanced practices need to be done under the supervision of a qualified teacher. If done incorrectly, they can result in physical imbalances.

Breathing & Health Due to stress ridden modern lifestyles, most people have poor shallow breathing and need to learn better habits. Good breathing is imperative to good health, an obvious factor generally ignored by Western medicine. In contrast, Eastern adepts regard fresh air as being more essential to bodily well being than nourishing food or pure water. As one Taoist commented, 'You can live two months without food, two days without water but you can only live a few minutes without air'.

SEXERCISES

General good health is essential for good sex. Of prime importance is muscle tone in the pelvic region to give intense contractions during orgasm and allow better ejaculation control in men. Flabby muscles in this area will not perform well giving mediocre sexual response. The major muscle involved is the pubococcygeus (PC), which stretches between the genitals and the anus. It is the PC which contracts rapidly during orgasm. However, with our modern sedentary lifestyle, the PC is rarely exercised in our daily routine. For many people this gives a less than optimal sex life.

Kegel exercises (for men & women) are quite well known and were first promoted by Arnold Kegel in the 1940s. Even so, they were really nothing new as variations on these exercises have been practised in Eastern countries for millennia. Kegel exercises are excellent to tone the PC for a much better sex life. To identify the PC, simply stop the flow of urine the next time you go to the toilet by flexing the muscles of your lower pelvis. The muscle you will contract will be the PC. If it is weak, you may have trouble stemming the flow of urine, but try again next time. The following outlines various exercises to strengthen the PC.

Slow clenches. Tighten the PC as in stemming the flow of urine. Hold for the count of three then relax. Repeat.

Flutters. Tighten and relax the PC as rapidly as is comfortable.

Another Variation. Push down moderately as if having a bowel movement. This will also develop the abdominal and anal muscles as well.

Commence these exercises gradually, starting off with a regime that is not too strenuous. 150 Kegel exercises a day should be the ultimate goal.

Testicle elevations (for men only, obviously) increase erectile strength, boost arousal and give better orgasm control in men. Sit on the edge of a chair or stand with feet about half a metre apart. The testicles should hang freely. Practise raising and lowering the testicles. At first a man may have to use his abdominal muscles, but with experience only the pelvic muscles will be needed.

Push Outs. Lift your ankles so that you are standing on your tip toes and exert pressure on your pelvic floor as if you are going to have a bowel movement. Then gradually and firmly squeeze your butts against your tail bone and anus and hold for 15-60 seconds. Repeat this process for as many times as you feel is appropriate. This sexercise may be practised any time by exerting pressure on the pelvic floor and tightly squeezing the butts against your tail bone and anus. It is very good for men if they have a premature ejaculation problem.

Weight training can be included with your Kegel exercises. A man stimulates himself to full erection then places a wet towel over his penis. He raises and lowers the towel by flexing his lower pelvic muscles. After some practice, the number of towels should be increased. This improves erectile strength. Some men and women use weights to do their sexercises.

Pompoir. In the art of pompoir, women have direct control over their circum vaginal muscles during sex, a technique which has been used by the more talented prostitutes of Asia for thousands of years. The woman, who is in complete control, sits on top of the man, but there is no movement as all activity is internal. By flexing her vaginal muscles, a woman may caress a man's penis by gripping, massaging, milking or rippling motions. This may be done on a penis as whole or in sections. It is easy to develop pompoir ability. Kegel exercises or other exercises practised every day for a few months will give pompoir finesse to most women. Once developed, the circum vaginal muscles need only to be maintained in good condition. Male — male couples may also experience pompoir. By flexing well toned anus/PC muscles, the receptive partner is able to massage his lover's penis during coitus.

Erectile Dysfunction may be overcome by doing Kegel exercises. In one study, 55 older men with potency problems were split into two groups. The first was trained in Kegel exercises and then did them twice a day for 6 months, while the second control group did no sexercises. By the end of the study, 40% of the Kegel group regained full erectile function, 35% improved and 25% experience no benefit. Those in the latter group included men suffering from diabetes, arteriosclerosis and alcoholism - ie: those men with serious health issues. At the start of the study, 65% of men in the Kegel group had an incontinence problem - they dribbled after urination. By the end of the study, this had been overcome and they were 'dry'. Generally, it is much better and much much cheaper for men with erectile dysfunction to try sexercise first before resorting to potency pills or other medical options (vacuum pumps, injections, prostheses, etc).

Back Problems. Kegel exercises strengthen the PC muscles, thus providing a firm muscular foundation for the entire spine. Thus, these exercises could be helpful for those people with back problems.

Overall, sexercises promote general good health in the pelvic area and help prevent haemorrhoids, prostate problems, constipation and prolapse of the rectum and/or uterus. They are also excellent in preparing women for childbirth and overcoming incontinence in older age. Sexercises are easy to do and can be done at any time of the day: lying in bed, standing waiting for a bus or sitting in a waiting room. More advanced exercises (eg: the deer, stomach churns, the big draw, etc) may be found in Tantra and Tao references for those interested. However, most people want something that is easy, convenient and gives the desired results. The sexercises discussed here meet those criteria.

Continues at: http://www.davidmcminn.com/safesex/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:33 pm

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 pm

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 pm

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Dirty Pictures is a documentary about maverick chemist Alexander 'Sasha' Shulgin and his wife Ann Shulgin, heroes of psychedelic culture who for more than forty years have independently synthesized and studied hundreds of psychoactive compounds, from MDMA to 2C-B to a variety of tryptamines, in their home laboratory. You can watch the entire documentary above and order a DVD via the film's site.

Dirty Pictures
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Fear of the Inexplicable

by Rainer Maria Rilke

But fear of the inexplicable has not alone impoverished the existence of the individual; the relationship between one human being and another has also been cramped by it, as though it had been lifted out of the riverbed of endless possibilities and set down in a fallow spot on the bank, to which nothing happens. For it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves from case to case, indescribably monotonous and unrenewed: it is shyness before any sort of new, unforeseeable experience with which one does not think oneself able to cope.

But only someone who is ready for everything, who excludes nothing, not even the most enigmatical, will live the relation to another as something alive and will himself draw exhaustively from his own existence. For if we think of this existence of the individual as a larger or smaller room, it appears evident that most people learn to know only a corner of their room, a place by the window, a strip of floor on which they walk up and down. Thus they have a certain security. And yet that dangerous insecurity is so much more human which drives the prisoners in Poe’s stories to feel out the shapes of their horrible dungeonsand not be strangers to the unspeakable terror of their abode.

We, however, are not prisoners. No traps or snares are set about us, and there is nothing which should intimidate or worry us. We are set down in life as in the element to which we best correspond, and over and above this we have through thousands of years of accommodation become so like this life, that when we hold still we are, through a happy mimicry, scarcely to be distinguished from all that surrounds us. We have no reason to mistrust our world, for it is not against us. Has it terrors, they are our terrors; has it abysses, those abysses belong to us; are dangers at hand, we must try to love them. And if only we arrange our life according to that principle which counsels us that we must always hold to the difficult, then that which now still seems to us the most alien will become what we most trust and find most faithful. How should we be able to forget those ancient myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 am

http://kloncke.com/2010/12/29/falling-i ... lfno-self/

Falling In Love With Myself/No-Self

DECEMBER 29, 2010

Via cnekez, keeper of the beautiful blogspace to live (def):.

Interviewer: Isn’t love a union between two people? Or does Eartha fall in love with herself?

Eartha Kitt: [Smiles] I think, if you want to think about it in terms of analyzing … Yes. I fall in love with myself … and I want someone to share it with me. I want someone to share me with me.

Seems to me that Eartha Kitt (a singer, dancer, and actress) is talking about falling in love with the whole world. Even with the interviewer — asking those leading, loaded questions.

She cuts right through his seeming innocence (or cluelessness?), mocking the true misogynistic subtext: that a woman is incomplete without a man (hello, heterosexism), and that in order to make love ‘work’, women have to ‘compromise.’ (And in this sexist, racist society, we know what that means, y’all.)

To me, this scene is a profound display of pitch-perfect compassion. As Khandro Rinpoche says, “Compassion is not about kindness. Compassion is about awareness.” She is on some next-level shit here. And she is sharing it.

What does it mean to fall in love with oneself (“for the right reason; for the right purpose”)?

What I hear her saying echoes a famous teaching by Dōgen, a Japanese Buddhist and the founder of Soto Zen. In his “Genjōkōan” he says (and there are many translations but I’ll go with this one):

To study the Way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be enlightened by the myriad dharmas. To be enlightened by the myriad dharmas is to bring about the dropping away of the body and mind of the self as well as those of others. The traces of enlightenment come to an end, and this traceless enlightenment continues endlessly.

Typically, I think, we are too afraid of ourselves, and too easily distracted, to truly study the self, or to fall in love with ourselves. Instead, we try our hardest to fall in love with other people, circumstances, and projections. Success. Leadership. Having “made a difference.” Images of strength; glamour of all varieties (including emo glam). Pleasure, beauty, and credit. Things-going-the-way-we-want, or barring that, hope.

But sometimes we can experience a bright wrinkle (don’t know why I think of it that way, but I do!) of falling in love with ourselves. Which isn’t to say that we become self-absorbed, but that we tap into the question of self, of experience, and we begin to catch glimpses of no-self. Of impermanence; indeterminacy; the absence of a fixed, enduring, bounded identity. I don’t think that meditation is necessary for these glimpses to occur, but it sure can help. And for me, the tenor of these bright wrinkles and glimpses is less one of soft fuzzies or infatuation, the way our culture often thinks of love. More one of awe.

I love that this Eartha Kitt piece brought out the awe in cnekez, and then in me. And now I share it with you!

Does that mean we’re all in love with each other?

[Chuckles]
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations