The Finders - Sources

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Finders - Sources

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Wow, great find re: Pollard. "we must rely on the integrity of the [redacted] DOS to conduct a thorough records check"

So that document with the person who was associated with the Pollard case has the name of the operation (Foul Play) handwritten at the top. Following that logic the DOS doc on the previous page with "Powcurv" in the same handwriting probably refers to another operation - though I have been unable to find any leads.
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Something else that just occurred to me: John H. Stitcher of MPD Intelligence is actually tacked on to the list of Finders members or associates in multiple places, including the handwritten one I posted before. This is the guy that supposedly had access to the materials supposedly seized by Martinez. I still think that there is good reason to doubt Martinez, and that this is likely to be closer to the truth of those searches:

"MPD seized computers, software, photographs, and biographical information concerning the Finders group from these locations. No evidence of child sexual exploitation, kidnapping, or any related crimes was observed, or obtained from this search."

Although no children were found large amounts of documents dealing with child rearing and shaping were recovered along with manuals for master plans and 'dirty tricks' for enemies of the Finders group.

But do keep in mind that:

the story actually starts at least as early as December of 1986, with a confidential female source who reported on the Finders "cult". It continues into January 1987, when she made contact again to state that they were "interested in exploring satanism." In February of 1987, the van was discovered in the park.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:49 pm

1983 extortion case in which the death of a member named Barbara Mateja was divulged. "AUSA for Alexandria would not consider any prosecution."

cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:54 pm

So the author of the MPD report about "treading on toes" at the CIA was Stitcher:

cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 pm

"Serial #11 is a letter dated 9/19/85 from the USAF concerning an attached record concerning [redacted] This serial had attached a copy of an airtel dated 7/8/83, and marked SECRET, from SAC, Alexandria... to Director, FBI. This airtel noted that subject [redacted] is a white male. [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] This location initially drew the interest of local police authorities and military intelligence agencies due to the subject's alleged narcotic activities and his self proclaimed connection with [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] A number of surveillances were conducted jointly by Virginia State Police and the military intelligence agencies, however, no arrests were made."

"a memorandum dated 3/31/75 from Director, FBI to the 'Director of Special Operations, Headquarters Office of Special Investigations, Department of the Air Force, Washington DC' concerning a [FOIA] request from the US Air Force who were attempting to respond to a FOIA that they had received from [redacted]"

Elsewhere: "[redacted] put the word out to members to flee and hide... [redacted] himself would probably go to Andrews Air Force Base and get a military plane flight to China."

cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 pm

This is my last post on this for the time being, and these will be the only pages that I include here without much commentary on the individual details. There is an incredible amount to untangle here, though the redaction makes it mostly futile. Never mind the deleted pages. Good luck figuring out what the reference to 6/3/1959 is about - the preceding paragraph on the previous page is blanked out. Everyone agrees that Isabelle Pettie was directly a CIA employee; nobody seems to know what she was doing in that capacity.

Clearly Diane Sherwood is one of the key figures that has mostly escaped scrutiny. Panama (and probably trafficking and/or laundering) makes up an important part of the story. This next page is continued from the one above, regarding the Panamanian National Guard:

And a couple of pages later, we find out that the previously mentioned "civil rights" activities of Finders members from 1964 were related to the SNCC and potentially the Fair Play for Cuba Committee!

cptmarginal

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 pm

I've always been struck by that detail about the threatening phone call, and wondered if it was an insider tip:

Threats Force Move TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Feb. 7 (AP) - The six children were moved from a shelter after officials there received telephone calls threatening to the children, the police said today. The children were moved to a site that was undisclosed and were being protected by armed guards after a half-dozen threats were telephoned Friday night to a temporary shelter in Tallahassee, according to a police spokesman, Scott Hunt. Mr. Hunt said the Finders cult might have been accustomed to selling or smuggling the children of its members out of the country.

However, in light of what has been emerging: now I wonder if The Finders had access to PROMIS.

Has anyone seen a transcript of the computer BBS messages that go intercepted thanks to that bizarre phone booth find?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Harvey » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:51 pm wrote:
American Dream » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:42 pm wrote:I'm finding the parallels between this story and that of the cult schools Tulsi Gabbard participated in to be so interesting- the abuse and trauma were on different levels but the intention to brainwash children was the same.

Nice opportunism. CULTure does tend to be something absorbed without one's volition.

This guy, really. Once he has his talking point of the month, THAT'S IT. That's all there will be. Such dedication.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Marionumber1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 pm wrote:I've always been struck by that detail about the threatening phone call, and wondered if it was an insider tip:

Threats Force Move TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Feb. 7 (AP) - The six children were moved from a shelter after officials there received telephone calls threatening to the children, the police said today. The children were moved to a site that was undisclosed and were being protected by armed guards after a half-dozen threats were telephoned Friday night to a temporary shelter in Tallahassee, according to a police spokesman, Scott Hunt. Mr. Hunt said the Finders cult might have been accustomed to selling or smuggling the children of its members out of the country.

However, in light of what has been emerging: now I wonder if The Finders had access to PROMIS.

Has anyone seen a transcript of the computer BBS messages that go intercepted thanks to that bizarre phone booth find?

The Tallahassee PD report says that "A TRANSCRIPTION OF THE INFORMATION EXISTS IN THE REPORT FILE", but it wasn't anywhere in the documents that they sent me. I will see what further records I can get from the TPD, since I've already noticed a lot of pertinent info clearly is missing from their disclosure, such as the specific items seized from the Finders van.

Marionumber1

Previous

Return to Data & Research Compilations