The “Alternative Right"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The “Alternative Right"

Postby slomo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:20 pm

General Patton » 29 Nov 2015 15:12 wrote:I can't be the only one that still likes AD's threads. I don't know what I'd do without my daily dose. No sarcasm, I legitimately enjoy reading these everyday. It's part of the reason I came back to RI after a hiatus of 2 and a half years.

I was also hoping someone was brainstorming a coherent response to the altright instead of unwittingly acting as their propaganda organ, but you can't always get what you want.

If nothing else, I do admire his conviction and willingness to stand up for what he believes in spite of what anyone else thinks.

I salute you American Dream.

Indeed, AD is a daily reminder of why I try to stay out of echo chambers (or at least visit a lot of different, opposing echo chambers).
slomo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm

:P
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby justdrew » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm

American Dream » 29 Nov 2015 13:50 wrote:A relatively high percentage of people here seem to be supportive of Alt Right causes, though often they are not-quite-honest about it.

How many those 1,000 fascist types who are not a problem in anyway whatsoever have enjoyed using Rigorous Intuition in support of their cause?

Of course all this has no connection at all to the real world, especially all the angry white dudes shooting people for supporting Black Lives Matter, Planned Parenthood, anti-Klan organizing, Jews, gay bars, or anything like that...

I think this may be accurate, but drevil, no he's not saying that, at least I didn't read it that way.

Personally I was happy to read the OP and I really don't get the folks bitching about it, why would we complain about posting, you know it drops down the page well past 1 quick enough, if you're not interested, don't post.

One thing seems clear: if the overall situation keeps unfolding as it is, the NEXT GOP candidate will make Trump look like a moderate.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I don't think there's a single complaint here.

Shaping up to be an AD appreciation thread, if anything.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:32 pm

wombaticus wrote:
I don't think there's a single complaint here. Shaping up to be an AD appreciation thread, if anything.

You have a very clever and witty way of speaking in what I call "reverse ironics" which appears to be your mother tongue... :wink :thumbsup

If all AD posts that didn't follow "the spirit of the rules", as he fondly terms it, were to suddenly vaporize, he would be out of business overnight. I saw an interesting article yesterday about machine written articles for the internet with the capability to gather terms that work off of an algorithm and I am beginning to wonder...
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:43 pm

General Patton wrote:
I can't be the only one that still likes AD's threads. I don't know what I'd do without my daily dose. No sarcasm, I legitimately enjoy reading these everyday. It's part of the reason I came back to RI after a hiatus of 2 and a half years.

You must be a speed reader. These articles are usually so long, and I have to throw my mental transmission gears into reverse and forward so many times in order to make sense of it, due to the convoluted terminology, that my brains start smoking...

Which is of course actually a good thing because most people that stumble on them couldn't handle the smoke past a couple of paragraphs and would simply abandon a reading attempt, so their influence on the masses is very minimal anyway...and this is a good thing.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

To be fair, AD has also posted many metric shit-tons of quality material.

Facts being what they is, though, drew makes a point that sticks: anger, or at least disdain and antipathy, are more likely to register a response online. We're no exception. A lot of good threads die young here.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby General Patton » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:43 pm wrote:
General Patton wrote:
I can't be the only one that still likes AD's threads. I don't know what I'd do without my daily dose. No sarcasm, I legitimately enjoy reading these everyday. It's part of the reason I came back to RI after a hiatus of 2 and a half years.

You must be a speed reader. These articles are usually so long, and I have to throw my mental transmission gears into reverse and forward so many times in order to make sense of it, due to the convoluted terminology, that my brains start smoking...

Which is of course actually a good thing because most people that stumble on them couldn't handle the smoke past a couple of paragraphs and would simply abandon a reading attempt, so their influence on the masses is very minimal anyway...and this is a good thing.

Read from the third eye, you'll see what I mean. The words they write take on certain textures, flavored by their consciousness. And they are not lukewarm people. They are composing an orchestra that displays their desires, incarnation, their aesthetic sense of the world.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby guruilla » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Can we start a betting pool: How many threads with the word "Right" in the can AD start before Christmas? :lol:
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Read from the third eye, you'll see what I mean. The words they write take on certain textures, flavored by their consciousness. And they are not lukewarm people. They are composing an orchestra that displays their desires, incarnation, their aesthetic sense of the world.

As you can see from my sig line that is the only eye I can possibly use to read with is that third one and I can assure you I have one, and of course that eye knows the other interpretations, but still, the shit is sooooo damn long and repetitious and nauseating that I cannot handle it for very long. You are better versed in the art of internet memegraphic warfare than I am though, and that is obvious to me, so you understand young folks terminology better than I do.

You can probably read it and comprehend it faster than I can. All this new juggalo language fuckes me up man. :moresarcasm

I fucking say what I mean, us old folks have a bad habit of doing that shit. And our language has to be extrapolated through this young folk jargon, so a lot get lost in interpretation...
backtoiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:37 pm

I have, for the record, always read backtoiam's sig as somewhere between a lament and a threat, much like the Curse of Christ, aka Matthew 7:7
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:43 pm

General Patton » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:03 pm wrote:
backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:43 pm wrote:
General Patton wrote:

oh I thought you came back to finish our discussion of abortion in Texas....that's where you left off and I couldn't figure out for the longest time why you were trying to goat me into a disagreement since you've been back because I had really forgotten you till you reminded me. So maybe it's all unfinished business huh? :P

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the hygiene parts of the bill?

that's so funny...you caring about a stranger's hygiene :lol:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby backtoiam » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 pm

I have, for the record, always read backtoiam's sig as somewhere between a lament and a threat, much like the Curse of Christ, aka Matthew 7:7

Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you.

You are very astute, and you are very correct in your observation. Fire burns, oh man, does it ever burn. It burns thoroughly and completely from the head to the toes and leaves nothing but ash. From this will come something as the Phoenix rises from the ashes. What a person is exposed to during and after the burn is what he becomes.
backtoiam

Postby solace » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:47 pm

nevermind
Last edited by solace on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solace

Postby DrEvil » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:48 pm

justdrew » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 am wrote:
American Dream » 29 Nov 2015 13:50 wrote:A relatively high percentage of people here seem to be supportive of Alt Right causes, though often they are not-quite-honest about it.

How many those 1,000 fascist types who are not a problem in anyway whatsoever have enjoyed using Rigorous Intuition in support of their cause?

Of course all this has no connection at all to the real world, especially all the angry white dudes shooting people for supporting Black Lives Matter, Planned Parenthood, anti-Klan organizing, Jews, gay bars, or anything like that...

I think this may be accurate, but drevil, no he's not saying that, at least I didn't read it that way.

Personally I was happy to read the OP and I really don't get the folks bitching about it, why would we complain about posting, you know it drops down the page well past 1 quick enough, if you're not interested, don't post.

One thing seems clear: if the overall situation keeps unfolding as it is, the NEXT GOP candidate will make Trump look like a moderate.

I read it as him being sarcastic but I could be wrong. I could probably have been more polite about it. :)

@GP: Would have, should have, could have. :wallhead: (Sorry but the grammar fascist in me can't stand that particular snafu. It's so prevalent it will probably soon be grammatically correct.)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations