A Toast to Banned and Disappeared Posters

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby lunarose » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:14 pm

ah, mr. nemo...........i have a good friend with similar religious/sexual views, so mr. nemo would always just crack me up. maybe when he finds mrs. nemo he'll smooth out a little.
lunarose

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OP ED » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:35 am

Funny, I always got the impression he was an older fella for some reason. Maybe it was his tone. He seemed to really believe in himself and the substance of his arguments, despite his inflamatory nature. I am always forced to respect those who follow their own minds, even when we disagree. You just see so much hypocrisy in life that its nice to see someone who is "real" every now and then.

I didn't know most of the folks mentioned in here. I tend to lurk and change names often, just reading the blog sometimes. I can't stay inside/online for very long before nature compels me back to the forest.

MP's departure was fascinating. I enjoyed arguing with him more than most, as he at least seemed a mostly reasonable fellow. I hope to see him again as well. Cheers.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:15 pm

OP ED wrote:MP's departure was fascinating. I enjoyed arguing with him more than most, as he at least seemed a mostly reasonable fellow. I hope to see him again as well. Cheers.

I certainly don't. I think you would do well to review what actually has taken place here with MP. Jeff found more claims on his part that he maintained a relationship with Mrs Gosch. In the context of his recent reversal of this claim, his older posts take on a disturbing aspect.

At this point, its looking strongly like the relationship MP claims was/is that of a handler:

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewt ... 008#174008
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby sunny » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:30 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:At this point, its looking strongly like the relationship MP claims was/is that of a handler:

Geez, I hadn't even thought of that. I thought he was a lonely attention seeker and felt sorry for him, but the possibility you raise must be taken into account, considering the case and milieu we are talking about here.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby barracuda » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm

OP ED wrote:Funny, I always got the impression he was an older fella for some reason.

Nemo had posted a picture in one thread of what I think was himself with Billy Idol at a club in the late '70s.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby IanEye » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:41 pm

barracuda wrote:Nemo had posted a picture in one thread of what I think was himself with Billy Idol at a club in the late '70s.

yeah, he also talked about seeing Robert Fripp in the late '70s too
but he got all kranky about Fripp, so i sort of just tuned him out....
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby annie aronburg » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:47 pm

barracuda wrote:
OP ED wrote:Funny, I always got the impression he was an older fella for some reason.

Nemo had posted a picture in one thread of what I think was himself with Billy Idol at a club in the late '70s.

Really?

I thought it was Billy posing with the dude from Hanoi Rocks and the guy from Sigue Sigue Sputnick.

annie
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby FourthBase » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Sorry I'm behind the curve here, but what did Nemo get the boot for?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby bubblefunk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:52 pm

At least most were either banned or left of their own volition.

Who was the poster who disappeared (this was a very disturbing thread, it has stuck with me as the most upsetting thing - out of many - I have seen here)? There were lyrics about the Land of Oz posted (Scissor Sisters? Damn, I can't remember), much MC speculation /info, and what appeared (to me) to be an actual villain here. I don't recall any sort of closure to the whole thing.
bubblefunk

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:02 pm

bubblefunk wrote:Who was the poster who disappeared (this was a very disturbing thread, it has stuck with me as the most upsetting thing - out of many - I have seen here)? There were lyrics about the Land of Oz posted (Scissor Sisters? Damn, I can't remember), much MC speculation /info, and what appeared (to me) to be an actual villain here. I don't recall any sort of closure to the whole thing.

OSR/Onesmartrat?
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby barracuda » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:29 pm

annie aronburg wrote:I thought it was Billy posing with the dude from Hanoi Rocks and the guy from Sigue Sigue Sputnick.

I think you're prolly right. I was just seeing this as a clue to Nemo's age.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby OP ED » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:05 am

et in Arcadia ego wrote:
OP ED wrote:MP's departure was fascinating. I enjoyed arguing with him more than most, as he at least seemed a mostly reasonable fellow. I hope to see him again as well. Cheers.

I certainly don't. I think you would do well to review what actually has taken place here with MP. Jeff found more claims on his part that he maintained a relationship with Mrs Gosch. In the context of his recent reversal of this claim, his older posts take on a disturbing aspect.

At this point, its looking strongly like the relationship MP claims was/is that of a handler:

Oh I don't know. I only followed the Gosch stuff from the outside [not my area] and it all seemed very strange to me. In fact, perhaps this is as good a place as any to bring it up...having reread the thread a few times my right brain seems to be pinging me over something I can't seem to grasp. I think there is more going on there than meets the eye, even with these possible explanations regarding MP's behavior. I was considering PMing Mr. Wells about it, but I couldn't think of how to approach the subject without seeming paranoid or like a provacateur myself. The whole thing makes innumberable red flags go up. Something about phrasing.

I dunno. Tread carefully. I think the idea of MP as a handler might be too simple. He seemed actively engaged in any number of other topics as well, although some of this is possibly questionable as well.

I don't like to point fingers, but if something is going on, I'd imagine it isn't over yet.

For what its worth.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby bubblefunk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:41 pm

et - it wasn't OSR.

This person feared being stalked - and another poster came around to say that she was being handled. Maybe sw? All those posts are gone so I can't tell.

It is bothering me greatly that I can't remember.
bubblefunk

Postby IanEye » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 pm

bubblefunk wrote:et - it wasn't OSR.

This person feared being stalked - and another poster came around to say that she was being handled. Maybe sw? All those posts are gone so I can't tell.

It is bothering me greatly that I can't remember.

this whole thing (stalking/handling) was primarily related to "Monarch" type threads, right?

it sounds familiar to me, did she have issues with 'alters' as well?
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby bubblefunk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:07 pm

That is absolutely so, IanEye. In fact, the name of the poster who "popped in" was Doro (something). I think!

That came to me as I was reading your post. I will search further, armed with that detail - thanks!
bubblefunk

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News