Salvation Mountain – Desert Views Road Trip Part 2

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Salvation Mountain – Desert Views Road Trip Part 2

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Leonard Knight must have been very impressed when he saw a hot air balloon fly near his home in Vermont in 1971. When he later moved to Nebraska, he built his own balloon with the words, “God is Love” but never got it to fly. Finally in 1984, Leonard moved to a remote desert town in California called Niland and decided this would be the place to build his testimonial to God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZVpbLK8qQ
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Salvation Mountain – Desert Views Road Trip Part 2

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Fantastic! Was there in 1999 with my Kook friends: Greg Bishop (and the other Excluded Middle mag crew) as well as Adam Gorightly, Robert Sterling and others!

salvation-mountain-01.JPG

salvation-mountain-02.JPG

Nick Redfern's visit there in 2010 with Gorightly and others...
http://nickspicoftheday.blogspot.com/20 ... -city.html

- SMiles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm

elfismiles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm wrote:Fantastic! Was there in 1999 with my Kook friends: Greg Bishop (and the other Excluded Middle mag crew) as well as Adam Gorightly, Robert Sterling and others!

salvation-mountain-01.JPG

salvation-mountain-02.JPG

Nick Redfern's visit there in 2010 with Gorightly and others...
http://nickspicoftheday.blogspot.com/20 ... -city.html

- SMiles

Those are fantastic photos, elfismiles! Looks like you guys had as much fun exploring the place as we did. Thanks!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Glad you have continued the youtubes of various Americana roadside attractions, always a peaceful and relaxing moment to view.
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:44 am

I kept waiting for a bottle of Dr. Bronner's soap to show up in some dark cornice!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The Lounge & Member News