Assadists & Putin-Lovers Fan Club - Members Only!!!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Assadists & Putin-Lovers Fan Club - Members Only!!!

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 pm

A "safe space" for Assadists and Putin lovers — you know who you are!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Assadists & Putin-Lovers Fan Club - Members Only!!!

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 am

*LOOKS AROUND*...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby conniption » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

consent factory
(embedded links)

Putin-Nazi Paranoia

They’re out there. Trump-loving, Assad-apologist, Putin-Nazi sleeper agents, posing as regular normal Americans. They could be anyone. They could be your neighbors, the guys in the copy room, your Uber drivers, even some of your Twitter followers. They’re sitting there, right now, glued to their televisions, waiting for Jewish Nazi law clerks to perform a series of secret hand signs, blinks, hiccups, sneezes, coughs, and almost undetectable, low-frequency flatulence that will signal the launch of the “Attack on America.” It could come at any moment now.

Zina Bash is definitely one of them. Don’t let her Mexican-Jewish ancestry, or the fact that her grandparents were Holocaust survivors, fool you into thinking otherwise. She made that “OK” sign at the Kavanaugh hearings, which, all right, apparently wasn’t the cue for the millions of American Putin-Nazis to rip off their rubbery masks of normality and storm into the streets in their polo shirts singing Tomorrow Belongs to Me … but it was some kind of secret Nazi code.

Certainly, Alex Jones is one of them. Why else would patriotic global corporations like Apple, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube suddenly ban him from all their platforms after allowing him to spew his bile there for years? It’s probably only a matter of time until Google’s “algorithms” unperson him entirely (at which point I’ll receive instructions to delete any reference to him in this essay, or risk being further deranked myself. I will, of course, comply immediately, as no one despises Alex Jones more than I, even though, oddly, I’ve never watched him. Thank God for that, as who knows how my mind could have been permanently warped by whatever Nazi content he’s been forcing less fortunate Americans to consume!)

And then, God help us, there’s Jeremy Corbyn and his genocidal communist Nazi Death Cult! If he isn’t one of them, no one is. If you haven’t been following the British media, the story is, basically, that Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist-loving, anti-Semitic, conspiracy theorizing, racist traitor to everything the British ruling classes stand for, and has transformed the UK Labour Party into a homicidal mob of Jew-hating brownshirts. Gangs of slavering Corbyn-Nazis are roving the lanes of Kensington and Knightsbridge accusing Jews of lacking irony and saying mean things about the State of Israel. British Jews have been advised to flee the country or to shelter in place until the tabloids, The Guardian, the ruling classes, and Tony Blair can hound this Hitlerian devil out of office, which, the way things are going, should be any day now.

Meanwhile, the British soldier on under the imminent threat of Putin-Nazi Novichok perfume assassin hit squads, which Putin could send at any moment directly from Moscow to Gatwick Airport to incompetently attempt to murder their targets by spraying the deadliest nerve agent in existence onto the doorknobs of their suburban homes and then stroll around getting filmed by every CCTV camera in Britain. As far as I know, the British tabloids haven’t yet published surveillance photos of Corbyn welcoming the Skripal assassins at Gatwick with a wreath, or a bottle of Stolichnaya (and wearing his Russian-stooge hat, of course), but I won’t be terribly shocked when they do.

And the Putin-Nazis are not just on the march in the United States and Great Britain. They’re coming out of the woodwork in Europe! As I’m sure you’re aware, here in Germany, in a city called Chemnitz in the Free State of Saxony, which has never had any kind of Nazi problems (except for the fact that the entire region has been infested with neo-Nazis for decades and is generally known here as Neo-Nazi Central), thousands of just regular foreigner-hating “Volk” joined a few hundred neo-Nazis in marching around with German flags, barking xenophobic slogans, heiling Hitler, harassing assorted “non-German-looking” human beings, and various other forms of “protest.” Such unprecedented eruptions of Nazism occur on a regular basis in Saxony, albeit on a smaller scale, so it was rather awkward for the corporate media to link the events in Chemnitz to Trump, but nevertheless they managed to sneak a few references to his “emboldenment” in. The best they could do to tie in to Putin was to publish a lot of photos of skinheads hanging around that humongous statue of Marx in the center of Chemnitz’s central square, because, you know, Putin, Trump, Marx, Stalin, Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi … whoever, they’re all just different brands of Hitler!

Seriously, though, all comedy aside … I have to hand it to David Brock, or Jennifer Palmieri, or whoever it was that came up with the Putin-Nazi narrative. OK, granted, the Putin part hasn’t quite worked, except on die-hard Obama disciples, Hillary-worshippers, and other bull-goose loonies, but the Nazi stuff is going gangbusters … and not just with the liberal public (because that has always been an easy sell), but also with the more leftist left. It has taken a while, but we’ve arrived at the stage where even “hardcore anti-capitalist leftists” are dedicating most of their time and energy to calling Donald Trump a fascist, and likening him to Hitler, and so on, over and over, and over again, in increasingly exasperated tones. Why, in Marx’s name, these leftists want to know, won’t other leftists join the chorus of voices screaming, “TRUMP IS A FASCIST!” in all caps on a daily basis? How could these other leftists not see that this is not the time to attack the corporate media, the “intelligence community,” global corporations, or anyone other than DONALD TRUMP, who is LITERALLY ADOLF FUCKING HITLER?

Anthony DiMaggio’s recent essay in CounterPunch is a prime example of the effect the Putin-Nazi paranoia is having on leftists. According to DiMaggio, Donald Trump, by tweeting mean things about Attorney General Sessions and bombastically threatening The New York Times, is no longer just a normal fascist. He is now officially a “full-on fascist,” or a “real world fascist,” or a super duper fascist! DiMaggio doesn’t have any qualms about the deep state, or rather, the steady state, sabotaging an elected president (or at least pretending to be doing do so in print), because, well, you know, “the stakes are far higher” than mere democracy, what with Hitler in the White House. William Kristol would agree wholeheartedly.

But calling Trump a fascist again is just an overture for DiMaggio’s main theme, which is that it’s time to unite the left against the growing Putin-Nazi threat. See, the problem is not just the Putin-Nazis. It is also the fellow Putin-Nazi travellers, and the Assadists, and the Red-Brown infiltrators! Yes, you know who we are, do you not? Glenn Greenwald is our leader, naturally, but Caitlin Johnstone is second-in-command. We refer to her in our secret meetings as “Caity, Queen of the Putin-Nazis.” DiMaggio links to a helpful list of other traitorous Strasserist spies compiled by the crackpot Louis Proyect, folks like Norman Finkelstein, Mike Whitney, Diana Johnstone, Patrick Cockburn, Tom Engelhardt, and Michael Hudson, whose essays have been published in The Unz Review, which also publishes a lot of “alt-right,” racist, and anti-Semitic essays. (Full disclosure: Proyect contacted me, demanding to know how I can allow my work to appear on a Nazi website like Unz, but I ignored him, as I assumed he was just trolling me, again, but it appears he was fishing for incriminating comments for his groundbreaking piece of investigative journalism. In any event, I seem to have escaped inclusion on his Red-Brown blacklist. For the record, I’m with Norman Finkelstein. I don’t stop anyone from reposting my essays, no matter what I think of their other contributors. I wouldn’t even stop The New York Times from publishing my stuff, though, of course, they never would, and they publish actual mass murdering war criminals.)

Anyway, according to Anthony DiMaggio, “leftists who focus on the propagandistic nature of the corporate media, while shilling for the far right and failing to condemn right-wing fascism, provide comfort to the reactionary right’s efforts to suppress journalistic freedom.” Well, Jesus, I wouldn’t want to do anything like that. I hope DiMaggio will follow up with a breakdown of exactly how many times I need to call Donald Trump a fascist before I am allowed to criticize the propagandistic nature of the corporate media, or the global capitalist ruling classes, or any type of “full-on fascism” that doesn’t neatly fit into his simplistic category … like the type that seeks to impose a regime of anus-puckering ideological conformity on those it determines are members of its camp, and that gets off punishing deviations from its norms.

Look, the truth is, I don’t like Donald Trump. I haven’t liked him for about thirty years. I have no problem whatsoever with leftists like DiMaggio calling him names until they’re blue in the face if that makes them happy. What I do find troubling is the growing atmosphere of neo-McCarthyite paranoia which has been gradually spreading into leftist quarters, and the witch-hunting, and the Putin-Nazi-baiting, and the compiling and distributing of pseudo-blacklists, and the cheering on of global corporations as they ideologically sterilize the Internet. We get enough of that from the corporate media. So how about we lighten up on the paranoia, let the global capitalist ruling classes finish destroying Donald Trump, and maybe think about what the left has to offer as an alternative to the global-corporate, post-“fascist,” neo-feudal future. While it might not feel like it at the moment, it’s coming … we’ll be there before you know it.

CJ Hopkins
September 13, 2018

https://consentfactory.org/2018/09/13/p ... -paranoia/
conniption

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am

Does this thread really help anything? I don't think so. Yet I can't resist one inadvertant kick.

CJ Hopkins does a monotone schtick, over and over. He is a lazy thinker and not funny. His one argument relies on the corporate media lie that the non-FOX corporate media are "liberal" or "the resistance," or represent a real-world mass within the opposition to the Trumpian regime.

To find the origins of talk about Trump and fascism, or Trump and Mussolini or Hitler, one need only have been sentient on the first day of Trump's campaign, when he identified Mexico as the source of rapists and drug dealers, or tracked him just a bit in the decades prior. He's willingly provided the fodder for it. What kind of person takes out ads calling for executions? The cadences, the violent schtick, the identification of enemies, the maudlin inchoate nostalgia, the business CEO-ueber alles leadership principle, the arbitrary daily demands that everyone shut up who doesn't salute him, all are from the playbook. The common style is self-evident. As I have taken to saying, he may not be a Hitler, but he sure likes to play one on TV. How deep does it run, how far can it go, how far will it go? How much of it is just "snowflake provocation" to jolt the joyful yahoo base? Do we really want to find out? He got up in front of the General Assembly and boasted about being ready to wage nuclear war, fire and fury. Am I supposed to just fob this off as an adorable Mad Dog stratagem? What a negotiator! His aborted idea of last week, already forgotten, was to send a presidential text to every cell phone in the nation.

In reality, Hitler and his party were not just political monsters with a consistent bent toward total war and genocide. Hitler was also a crowd-working Kayfabe stage performer, a witting fake who enjoyed provocation and transgression for their own sake, and who would then pretend that he did not do what he did. Mussolini, same style. Contrary to the reassuring stories we tell ourselves, and regardless of what makes them, Hitlers are not the world's rarest personality type. Surely we can agree? The politically fascist legacy as embodied in the likes of Bannon, Gorka and Miller is obvious enough. Am I supposed to forget them, now that a couple of them are out?

The more technocratic fascist legacy in the permanent security state prior to Trump doesn't change a thing about him. It's stupid to trivialize one because the other is bad. In reality, there are more points of correspondence than disagreement between the established power elite and the Trumpian regime, and an undercurrent to normalize the latter has accompanied its selective demonization through "Russiagate." Carrot and stick. Seeing the fascism in Trump doesn't require us to subscribe to the Louise Mensch twitter feed, or to lionize the CIA-NSA-FBI or the DNC or Clinton or the Silicon Valley mafia or Wall Street, or to long for restoration of the system to the day before Trump's inauguration, the system that in every way spawned him as one of its logical products.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby conniption » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 am

Excuse me...but, are you a member here?

I happen to like CJ Hopkins, and knew that you despised him, but what is one to do?

He's a lot funnier than you.

Just get off my back, Jack.
conniption

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:23 am

I don't recall being on your back, conniption. I stated my reasons for disliking the work of CJH, and it's not personal and it wasn't meant as a comedy routine. Perhaps you can even read and respond to what I wrote, but that's your call.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby conniption » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:57 am

"I don't recall being on your back, conniption."

JackRiddler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:
conniption » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:23 am wrote:Attaboy, Jack... let it all out now. Feel better? Good.

words on a screen. words on a screen. words on a screen. words on a...

I've always felt great, I am like a god and you are an insect. I'll feel even better on the day Jeff finally lets me loose on you lot. You won't be the first to go, since you're relatively a trivial one (currently demonstrating your inability to even manage insults). But within the first few hours, for sure.
conniption

Postby Elvis » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:09 am

Okay break it up... no fighting in the clubhouse

Like all bad ideas, we'll just let this one sink to the bottom....
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Return to The Lounge & Member News