My first legal cannabis purchase, MA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

My first legal cannabis purchase, MA

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Wow. I have been pro-cannabis legalization most of my life but having it legalized for recreational purchase isn't what I'd hoped it would be. I guess its in its infancy with only five shops open, but more coming here in Massachusetts. I'm in my forties now, by the way. I don't know, seems a hollow victory. Its branded and has stupid names that look like they come from rap albums titles. It was sad too. They must've checked my drivers license seven times even? It wasn't a terrible experience at all and this time it only took two hours to get in the store. I had made an attempt to buy before and failed, too long a wait. It was a sad core of low end workers and $15/hr laborers barely scraping by, thankfully there is state healthcare here. The low end middle class are beat here...a lot of motortrend television, bitchin rides watching impoverished peoples buying weed. There were some upper class people, but it was predominantly the low to middle class there. The weather was a cloudy but not terrible day out and I had to wait outside for awhile. Wareham, MA is pretty and the dispensary is on the water, there were ducks about even. December cold though. You know, thought I'd see the hippie movement type people, there were a few Gerry Garcia t-shirts. Not really a movement, just a new product. Used to love weed. It's ok. I'll tell you, I bought strong stuff, I got strong stuff. I was very stoned for a while. It was good, but just makes me wonder why I do it now. It's become less fun I guess. Jeesh. I am pretty all in on hemp - cannabis legalization because I think keeping it criminal is wrong, its a plant. I also think it has huge potential for industrial farming. Great...now its a product as well. I liked it underground better I guess. You felt more rebellious. Now it's like buying bacon, except you have to pay cash. I overheard the money goes to a Rhode Island bank (*cough* mafia). I mean if anyone can launder drug money. I placed a lot on this day. There might be cafes in the future. I kind of rushed going out to get weed. Prices were ok. I got strong stuff. Real clean! Real clean. One of the stronger but also cleanest weed I've ever smoked. I didn't get myself too stoned though. I got a lot of strong / good clean weed for about $40. It stunk so nicely like 'product' in there it was kind of nice. Never have I smelt so much pot. Tough times in America. People look sad and dejected here, because they are. It's tough trying to get by these days around here. Trump's america is pretty shitty right now. Despite the fact that I'm completely anti-war, I wouldn't have pulled out of Syria. I think that's a bow to Putin. Anyhow, culture here sucks. The rich people there looked and were very out of place. Us po' folk...we were kindly to all including the police. I guess they're getting paid. We all discussed weed of course and attempts to purchase it so far. The shop in Wareham was very reasonably busy but absolutely not swamped. It was doing a fair amount of business and it looks like southern MA has a viable pot shop that won't have a devastating wait time. With more shops opening in future, I'm wondering as demand getting filtered down from additional shops that there isn't that huge a market even for recreational use. Odd experience, but people were quite nice and jovial. Well behaved at the least. Very well behaved and respectful. It's no victory for us artsy, rock n' roll, leftist (I'm pretty much anarchist), recycle, save the earth mother, bio-diesel cars, vw, acoustic guitar crowd not even the yoga vinyasa type either. It was the shitty black hoodie with some stupid biker show motif on it. Some people were elderly too, with walkers or canes. A beat down people. It's expensive to live around here. It was depressing, every time I step out my door all I see is the decay of the world. A raw victory. Yay! Pot is legal. The world is still shitty.
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: My first legal cannabis purchase, MA

Postby thrulookingglass » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 pm

This seems odd to reply to my own subject but in my area of Massachusetts "recreational" cannabis is now readily available without much a wait at all. In summer it's particularly nice as the dispensary I go to is on a marsh. There are swans and osprey here. Balmy summer weather. Their product is clean and strong. Very nice. It's terribly expensive though. Prices have doubled since the shop opened on some items. Used to be able to get a pre-roll for $10, some go for $30 now. Good variety, clean stuff, but pricey. Not a cure all, but at least I don't feel like a criminal anymore.
thrulookingglass

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 pm

It's been legal here in WA for a number of years now but it seems like it's paradoxically more illegal. I'm in my 40s as well but growing up in the other first legalizing of cannabis state, Colorado, driving while stoned was a thing! As with everywhere.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Oh another thing that is actually cool about it though is that you don't have to cloak your texts anymore. The days of "can I stop by for some broccoli bits" or getting the "it's dry right now" answer are over.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 am

We Now Know How The Cannabis Plant Produces Its Super-Strength, Pain-Killing Compounds

For the first time, scientists have discovered how the cannabis plant produces molecules that are highly effective at tackling pain. The team behind the research hope their findings might one day help us create new painkillers that come without the troublesome side effect of potential addiction.

The team, based at the University of Guelph, used a combination of genomics and biochemistry to work out how the cannabis plant makes cannflavin A and cannflavin B, two molecules that are 30 times better at quelling inflammation than aspirin.

The molecules are known as flavonoids and we've been aware of their existence since 1985. However, due to strict regulation on cannabis research, work on these molecules has been limited. Now, thanks to Canada’s recent legalization of cannabis, scientists have been able to investigate them unhindered.

The team used biochemical techniques to work out which genes are needed to make the two molecules and which enzymes are involved in the production process. Their findings are published in the journal Phytochemistry.

"Our objective was to better understand how these molecules are made, which is a relatively straightforward exercise these days," said study co-author Professor Tariq Akhtar in a statement. "There are many sequenced genomes that are publicly available, including the genome of Cannabis sativa, which can be mined for information. If you know what you're looking for, one can bring genes to life, so to speak, and piece together how molecules like cannflavins A and B are assembled."

Knowing how cannflavin A and B are made could help us tackle the opioid crisis. The molecules are not psychoactive – they don’t affect the mind, like opioids or the THC in cannabis do – and target pain directly. This means that we could use them to create a new class of painkillers that don’t carry such a risk of addiction. A recent study found that people in Colorado are increasingly using marijuana to treat pain and many have cut down on their opioid use as a result. However, using cannabis in the conventional way does itself carry addiction risks.

"There's clearly a need to develop alternatives for relief of acute and chronic pain that go beyond opioids," said Akhtar. "These molecules are non-psychoactive and they target the inflammation at the source, making them ideal painkillers."

With their new understanding of how these pain-fighting molecules are synthesized, the researchers are now attempting to develop a biological system that can produce them in large quantities. The two flavonoids are produced in small amounts by the cannabis plant, so even genetically engineered plants wouldn’t be able to produce sufficient amounts. The researchers have licensed a patent to produce the two cannflavins outside of the cannabis plant in collaboration with a Canadian company called Anahit International Corp.

"Being able to offer a new pain relief option is exciting, and we are proud that our work has the potential to become a new tool in the pain relief arsenal," said study co-author Professor Steven Rothstein.
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... compounds/
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby chump » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Christopher Everard, FB:
[…]

I have produced & directed a VOYNICH TV SPECIAL: Scientists who have been studying the Voynich manuscript claim that they have been unable to decipher a single word and unable to identify a single plant from this mysterious manuscript. However, in this film, for the first time ever in the history of Voynich research, Chris Everard reveals that some of the illustrations are MICROSCOPIC IMAGES of what are known as TRICHOMES - these are crystals which appear on the leaves of many plants - through a microscope they look like a stalk ending in a spherical ball - and the plant which is most famous for having millions of these TRICHOME CRYSTAL STALKS is CANNABIS….

[bingo]

In fact, not only does the Voynich manuscript contain detailed images of TRICHOME CRYSTALS, but also illustrates the buds of cannabis, the leaves of cannabis and then goes on to explain how the cannabis oils can be diffused and inhaled via tubes and cylinders in relaxing hot steam baths and baths of cannabis-infused clay…

It’s all there - staring at researchers in the face - there’s even illustrated MICROSCOPES just in case the reader can’t understand the drawings… All staring back at us from the pages of an encoded mysterious manuscript written 600 years ago…

[…]

———————

also this:

chump

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:25 pm

2 hour radio interview with Bennett at Internet Archive

Spingola Speaks 2018.8.11
by Deanna Spingola, RBN

Publication date 2018-08-11
Topics Deanna Spingola, RBN

Deanna's guest was Chris Bennett, the author of Liber 420: Cannabis, Magickal Herbs and the Occult
https://www.cannabisculture.com/content ... s-bennett/

Chris Bennett has been researching the historical role of cannabis in the spiritual life of humanity for more than a quarter of a century. He is co-author of Green Gold the Tree of Life: Marijuana in Magic and Religion (1995); Sex, Drugs, Violence and the Bible (2001); and author of Cannabis and the Soma Solution (2010); and Liber 420: Cannabis, Magickal herbs and the Occult (2018). He has also contributed chapters on the historical role of cannabis in spiritual practices in books such as The Pot Book (2010), Entheogens (en-the-o-gen) and the Development of Culture (2013), Seeking the Sacred with Psychoactive Substances (2014), One Toke Closer to God (2017), Cannabis and Spirituality (2016) and Psychedelics Reimagined (1999). Bennett’s research has received international attention from the BBC, Guardian, Sunday Times, Washington Post, Vice and other media sources.

https://archive.org/details/SpingolaSpeaks2018.8.11

and
TheVoynich Manuscript is here
https://archive.org/details/TheVoynichM ... pt/page/n3

vjepg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:57 pm

I've decided that the legalization of cannabis can best be described as when your favorite anti-establishment indie punk rock band goes and signs a contract with a major label. Enjoy your "Geffen Records" OG Kush. Say it ain't so Seshat! Say it ain't so!

Those drawings from the Voynich Manuscript remind me of the ones found in a dumpster in Florida.

https://www.boredpanda.com/mystery-box-dumpster-ufo-conspiracy-ramtopan/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
thrulookingglass

Return to The Lounge & Member News