42%

Total votes : 19

Re: What is Madman of Tripoli's fate?

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:
seemslikeadream wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:
seemslikeadream wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:Is there a doctor in the house? (A child psychologist would be even better.)

so you have no links to all the bullshit you post?

As you well know, SLAD, I have linked to every single article I have posted. So stop telling dumb, obvious, timewasting, desperate lies at my expense and carry on playing in traffic. But carefully, please. (Just like Henry Kissinger and Martin Luther King, you're responsible for your own destiny. Right?)

no you haven't I want links to websites that you find reliable

Right, here's a challenge: Find one article I posted in this thread that I haven't linked to.

Clock's ticking. And anyone can read the thread,

sorry not going to do your work for you...
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:36 pm

^^^

Mods, I'm out of here, and that's why. The sodomising, torture, beating. humiliation and lynching of Muammar Ghaddaffi is surely something a board like this can discuss less dumbly, callously and dishonestly than SLAD is allowing it to be discussed.

Reminder of the thread's ACTUAL TOPIC (chosen by SLAD herself):

What is Madman of Tripoli's fate?

NB, not "How nasty is Ghaddaffi?" or "How nice is SLAD?", but:

Thank you and goodnight.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby eyeno » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:
eyeno wrote:SLAD is only a mimic of it. SLAD was only repeating a meme.

Is that supposed to be a compliment? Or even a defence?

[Shurely we're all "reshponshible for our own destiny"? - Ed.]

Mc I am not taking sides. I love you both equally. I really do. Mc I always enjoy your point of view. I just think this has gone far enough.
eyeno

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:Mods, I'm outa here. This place is dumb and getting dumber.

I just got back from a search of all Mac posts in this thread I could not find any links to any thing about what a good guy Gaddafi is...was....we'll have to leave it there...no proof...no links...nada nothing...he can't provide anything and expects me to waste my time proving him right....give me a break

oh here's one, on page 3, not about what a good guy is...from the unreliable BBC

Gaddafi was 'killed in crossfire'

he does like to link to The Sun...though
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:43 pm

In the 18 minutes since my last post (during which I walked the dog), there's been 12 new posts, and zero progress made.

Since it looks like Mac is leaving, this might be a moot warning, but if this continues to be a two-person trip to nowheresville, then I'm going to lock the thread.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm

I'll try.

I had a really bad feeling about seeing what happened to Gadaffy. It was like putting violence into the DNA at the start of the new Libya. I appreciate that it may have been very difficult to try him fairly; as it is, I think it will serve to make the reconciliation process much more difficult. It is really hard to judge how much hatred there was for him in Tripoli, how much his huge rallies were staged or genuine...
Searcher08

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Estimate of Gaddafi’s hidden assets ‘staggering’

By Paul Richter, Published: October 21

Moammar Gaddafi secretly salted away more than $200 billion in bank accounts, real estate and corporate investments around the world before he was killed — about $30,000 for every Libyan citizen and double the amount that Western governments previously had suspected, according to senior Libyan officials.

The new estimates of the deposed dictator’s hidden cash, gold reserves and investments are “staggering,” one person who has studied detailed records of the asset search said Friday. “No one truly appreciated the scope of it.”

If the values are accurate, Gaddafi will go down in history as one of the most rapacious as well as one of the most bizarre world leaders.

Revelation of the stunning size of the portfolio may stir anger among Libyans, about one-third of whom live in poverty. And it is likely to spur an effort to return the money to Libya’s transitional government, which says it wants to embark on an ambitious plan to modernize the country after nearly 42 years of Gaddafi’s rule.

During his 42 years in power, Gaddafi steered aid and investments to benefit his own family and tribe, but he denied support for much of the country, especially the eastern region that historically resisted his family’s despotic grip on power.

Gaddafi’s death sets the stage for other governments to begin repatriating a bonanza in sequestered assets to the oil-rich but cash-poor nation.

Obama administration officials last spring found $37 billion in Libyan regime accounts and investments, which they froze, in the United States. Subsequent investigations by American, European and Libyan authorities determined that Gaddafi secretly sent tens of billions more abroad and made sometimes lucrative investments in nearly every major country, including Europe, much of the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby barracuda » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 pm

For anyone still interested, here's the frame-by-frame analysis of Ghaddfi getting a bayonet stuck up his ass by one of his captors. Yes, we live in a world where there are 2000 articles regarding this aspect of his capture, and so I'm linking to one of them. Let's just call it journalism.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby eyeno » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 am

I have stared at those pics over and over and I still can't see the sodomy.

Not saying it didn't happen. Probably it did. But I have squinted my eyes every which a way and I still can't see it in these pics. These pics are so crazy looking I just can't pick out the action. Maybe if i stare at them long enough it will be like a magic eye pic and suddenly come into view but i may need some photoshop filters before I can pick this out. I can't see it. Again, not saying it isn't in the pic, but i just can't see it yet.

Not sure i'll believe it until i see better evidence.
eyeno

Postby eyeno » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:37 am

and so it goes, anybody that tries to implement a system that is harder to game gets their 'ass taxed' to the grave...there is only so much gold but toilet paper can be printed forever...fuck these assholes...

^^^that was a lot of butthole reference huh? not to mention the unsaid inferences....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj3 ... detailpage

eyeno

Postby Rory » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 am

[quote="MacCruiskeen"][/quote]

I have a load of time and respect for this website: there are many kind, thoughtful and wise heads to gain perspective from, highlight ideas to focus on and debate ideas in a way that I can only sit back and admire.

Quoting from that shitty Murdock rag is not one of the best ideas. They tell lies: this is a documented and repeated meme of theirs. Do not trust them - they are beyond trust and certainly, they are the mouthpiece of the rightwing, vested interests of modern Britain.

McCruiskeen: you should be ashamed of yourself for this alone if for nothing else. NEVER, quote or link to their shite if you have any respect for yourself or that of anyone else. PROVEN liars, shitehawks and warmongering propagandists.

Whatever your beef is with anyone else, distance yourself from that rag of perpetual shite and lies - if you have any integrity - you will do this immediately and NEVER link to their hate and lies again.

NEVER buy the S*n (or give them any publicity by linking to their website)
Rory

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:21 am

Rory wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:

I have a load of time and respect for this website: there are many kind, thoughtful and wise heads to gain perspective from, highlight ideas to focus on and debate ideas in a way that I can only sit back and admire.

Quoting from that shitty Murdock rag is not one of the best ideas. They tell lies: this is a documented and repeated meme of theirs. Do not trust them - they are beyond trust and certainly, they are the mouthpiece of the rightwing, vested interests of modern Britain.

McCruiskeen: you should be ashamed of yourself for this alone if for nothing else. NEVER, quote or link to their shite if you have any respect for yourself or that of anyone else. PROVEN liars, shitehawks and warmongering propagandists.

Whatever your beef is with anyone else, distance yourself from that rag of perpetual shite and lies - if you have any integrity - you will do this immediately and NEVER link to their hate and lies again.

NEVER buy the S*n (or give them any publicity by linking to their website)

Look, I'm getting seriously pissed off now, and not for no reason.

1. If you are seriously suggesting that I linked to that particularly despicable front page of that always-execrable rag in order to show my approval of it, or my faith in it, or my admiration of its sterling journalism, then you're in urgent need of either remedial reading lessons or a complete brain transplant.

2. Re "lies": Are you actually denying that that repulsive Sun hack did what he did there? That he posed with Ghaddaffi's rotting corpse?

3: Here's the link again (and not just to annoy you):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... d-Dog.html

HTH.

PS It's not "Murdock". It's "Murdoch".
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:27 am

it takes two

US, Britain Face Embarrassing Questions Over Plotting With Gadhafi

Libyan Rebel Commander Demands Apology Over Rendition, Torture
US, Britain Face Embarrassing Questions Over Plotting With Gadhafi
by Jason Ditz, September 04, 2011

The US and British governments sold their respective populations on involvement in the Libya War with complaints about the brutality of Moammar Gadhafi. They were in a position to know, it seems, as evidence of their complicity in the regime’s torture of dissidents becomes increasingly public knowledge.

At the center of a growing scandal is Libyan rebel commander Abdulhakim Belhaj, who in his decades as an Islamist insurgent fighting against Gadhafi was caught up in a joint US and British plot, and tortured by the CIA before being handed over to the Gadhafi regime.

Now Belhaj is in a position of power in the incoming Libyan government, and is demanding an apology from both the US and British governments for their roles. Secret documents detailing their respective complicity in rounding up dissidents are still being dug out of Tripoli by the rebels.

British officials are defending their role in Belhaj’s capture and torture, saying it was “ministerially authorised government policy” to have such ties with Gadhafi. The US, for its part, has yet to comment.

Tripoli Docs: British Spies Feared MI6 Renditions ‘Helped al-Qaeda’
Capture of Belhaj, Saadi Turned Remaining Insurgents Toward al-Qaeda
by Jason Ditz, October 24, 2011

The British government’s role in the “rendition” of top Libyan rebels to the Gadhafi regime
is taking another embarrassing hit today, as new documents found in Tripoli show even British intelligence believed it was a major mistake.

The documents, stamped “secret” and found in the British Ambassador’s abandoned residence, revealed that British intelligence feared the renditions of Abdulhakim Belhaj and Sami Saadi had removed the most nationalist and moderate elements from Libya’s Islamist insurgency, and shifted the group toward al-Qaeda-style regional terror attacks.

One of the documents even revealed that the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group became involved in smuggling fighters into Iraq to fight the US and British run occupation. The LIFG eventually merged outright with al-Qaeda in 2007.

Of course the LIFG’s importance has grown markedly since the NATO-backed rebellion took over Libya, and Belhaj, the group’s former leader, became the military commander for the National Transitional Council (NTC).

And Belhaj hasn’t forgotten the British government’s military intelligence (MI6) role in his kidnapping, nor the CIA’s torture before he was turned over to Gadhafi’s regime. He has demanded an apology and threatened legal action. Saadi has also said he plans to file a lawsuit against Britain over the matter.

The British government declined comment on the new documents, saying they do not comment on leaks, but it is clear that the new revelations will paint the already ugly tactics in an even uglier light.

Another Libyan Details British ‘Rendition’ to Gadhafi Torture
British Spies 'Tricked' Former Gadhafi Foe
by Jason Ditz, September 07, 2011

Already faced with angry demands for an apology by one of the Libyan rebels’ top military officials, the British government has another Libyan dissident coming forward to detail his rendition by British spies into Gadhafi custody.

The new dissident, Sami Saadi, is still in hospital in Tunisia recovering from his torture in Gadhafi’s prison system, says he was tricked by British spies into coming out of hiding.

Saadi, who lived for years in Britain before his opposition group was banned as a terrorist organization, was urged to report to the British Consulate in Hong Kong and told he and his family could return to Britain.

Instead, they were all arrested in the consulate and shipped to Libya, disappearing into the prison system. Though it is unclear they did so, the CIA offered to pay to charter the plane to ship him to Libya.

The British government insisted they received “assurances” from Gadhafi that Saadi would not be abused. Saadi says he plans to file a lawsuit against the British government for their role in his abuse.

Moussa Koussa 'oversaw torture'

Monday, October 24, 2011 » 06:34am

A Libyan man detained under Muammar Gaddafi's rule says Moussa Koussa directly participated in his torture.

A Libyan man detained under Muammar Gaddafi's rule says Moussa Koussa directly participated in his torture.

A Libyan who says he was detained under Muammar Gaddafi's rule has claimed that top-ranking Libyan defector Moussa Koussa directly participated in his torture.

The allegation raises questions about US and European officials' decision to unfreeze the assets of the former Libyan spymaster, whose defection to Britain in March helped destabilise Gaddafi's regime.

The former prisoner, Muftah Al Thawadi, has told BBC television that Koussa had shocked him with an electric rod while he was held at Tripoli's Abu Salim prison.

Another detainee told the BBC that Koussa knew of his mistreatment and interrogated him after he was tortured.

The BBC also showed footage of its attempt to get comment from Koussa in Qatar.

He shoves a reporter when questioned.

Bureau Recommends: New evidence of Libyan torture

October 25th, 2011 | by The Bureau
Gaddafi poster- Flickr/Martin Beek

The BBC’s Panorama has uncovered new evidence of torture by the Gaddafi regime and of the UK’s collaboration in the rendition of people to Libya.

In 1980 Moussa Koussa was the Libyan ambassador to London, but he was expelled for backing the assassination of Gaddafi opponents living in the UK.

Panorama presents video testimony of former political prisoners who say Koussa not only ordered torture, but actually tortured people himself.

One victim described how Koussa electrocuted him in the neck and broke one of his teeth by hitting him the mouth with the electric rod.

When Tony Blair met with Gaddafi in 2004, the improved relations between Britain and Libya had been mediated by Moussa Koussa.

The programme also uncovered documents left behind by the ousted regime that shows the close collaboration between Britain’s secret services and Libya, in aiding the rendition of people from the UK.

In March, as the Gaddafi regime began to crumble, Koussa fled to the UK.

Prime Minister Cameron promised at the time that he would be given no special treatment, but Koussa stayed for two weeks before being allowed to leave the UK and never returned.

One of his victims, who was incarcerated in an infamous Libyan jail for nearly two decades,
told Panorama: ‘Moussa Koussa practiced torture, Moussa Koussa tried to give western people the impression this regime wasn’t a criminal regime.

‘This is why it’s imperative that the west, whether it’s governments, or people, must hand over this criminal to justice.’

if ya sleep with flees........

Libya: potential to be the first Arab Spring state to end torture
Posted by Wael Abdelgawad • October 24th, 2011

The discovery today in Libya of the bodies of 53 Qaddafi supporters, apparently executed at a hotel in Sirte last week, raises a vital issue.

One of the things the people fought for in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya was to end torture, stop the murder of political opponents and eliminate the government culture of impunity. The newly liberated people in these nations must not, can not, continue the abuses that they fought so hard to overturn.

In Tunisia and Egypt, the revolutions are incomplete. Figures from the old regimes remain in power, and the cultures of government repression and police torture have not changed.

Libya may be a different story. The Libyan revolution was a hard and bitter fight compared to Tunisia and Egypt; but the upside of this may be that all regime figures have been swept away. Libya has a chance to build something new from the ground up.

Peter Bouckaert, reporting for CNN, writes, “Libya’s new leaders have an extraordinary opportunity to rebuild the country based on the rule of law, where the rights of all are respected, including those of women, minorities and supporters of the old regime.”

One area in need of immediate attention is the justice system.

In new liberated Libya, more than 7,000 prisoners are being held in dozens of makeshift prisons. The men are packed into small, crowded cells where they remain without charges or trial, according to human rights groups and recent detainees. Some have been subjected to torture, according to reports. Most brutally targeted have been dark-skinned sub-Saharan Africans, who are blindly suspected of being mercenaries.

Human Rights Watch has documented numerous cases of such abuse. For example:

A dark-skinned Libyan, Abdulatif, said that guards in a Tripoli detention facility used electric shock to force him to confess to crimes he said he had not committed:

The rebels were taking turns. There were too many to count. Every day, there was a new face. They zapped me with an electric stick on my legs and on my arms. They did that twice. They asked me questions when they did this…. They asked me again and hit me. I said “No, I swear I didn’t,” so they started electrocuting me. They wanted me to confess but in the wrong way.

I’m not saying that I don’t understand where the anger comes from. Libya is in a state of semi-chaos right now. The various prisons are being run by militias who fought for liberation. The militias are undisciplined and unregulated, while the prisoners they are guarding include former Gaddafi soldiers and mercenaries, many of whom committed atrocities. The militias’ fury is still fresh, and their desire for vengeance must run deep.

”Some of these [pro-Gaddafi] people raped, some killed. There was vandalism. They tortured us; they killed kids,” said Abdel Gader Abu Shaallah, who oversees two other makeshift prisons in Misrata.

But the liberators are no longer rebels. Libya is free, and the government must act quickly to bring all institutions under state control, and to make sure that abuses are stopped. No matter what crimes the prisoners are accused of, if torture is allowed to take place, then the liberators become little better than the government they fought so hard to replace.

Amnesty International issued a report in early October saying Libya’s new rulers were in danger of repeating human rights abuses commonplace under Gaddafi. Shockingly, the investigators reported that “in one detention centre they heard the sound of whipping and screams from a nearby cell.” If guards are willing to commit such abuses in the presence of international investigators, what must go on when no one is watching?

The NTC said it would look into the report.

Fortunately, the resolve to end the abuses seems to be there. ”We joined the revolution to end such mistreatment, not to see it continue in any form,” Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril told Human Rights Watch.

Now what remains is to implement this ideal.

I call upon the Libyan government to act decisively to make their justice system fair and transparent; to clearly and strongly prohibit torture within their jails and prisons; and to punish (or at least remove from authority) anyone guilty of committing these abuses.

I don't know... is it alright to quote Amnesty International here? :roll:

I do wish he could have been tried....but that would have been nice for all his victims also

Libya: Pursuing al-Gaddafi – the legal questions answered

The ICC issued an arrest warrant for Libya's Colonel al-Gaddafi in June

25 August 2011

What should happen to Colonel al-Gaddafi upon his capture?

Colonel al-Gaddafi must be given a fair trial. This is essential so that his victims in Libya can see justice being done. Everyone should be brought to justice, irrespective of their rank.

The UN Security Council referred the situation in Libya to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in February. After a preliminary investigation, the ICC Prosecutor concluded that there were reasonable grounds to believe that al-Gaddafi, his son Saif al-Islam and military intelligence chief Abdallah al-Sanussi have committed crimes within the jurisdiction of the Court and asked the ICC to issue arrest warrants against them. The three ICC arrest warrants issued on 27 June 2011 should be carried out immediately.

If any of the three are captured, they must be treated humanely and handed over safely and immediately to the ICC to face investigation.

What should al-Gaddafi be investigated for?

The ICC warrants cover two crimes against humanity – murder and persecution – committed since 15 February. A wave of killings and enforced disappearances of suspected critics of the government began in February following the start of anti-Gaddafi protests in Benghazi.

Libyan officials should also be held accountable for serious human rights violations committed before this year's uprising, some of which sparked the public demonstrations. The charges against Colonel al-Gaddafi do not cover the decades when security forces under his control tortured, killed and made people “disappear” with impunity. For example no official has ever been held to account for the deaths of up to 1,200 people in the infamous Abu Slim prison massacre in 1996.

How could human rights abuses committed before 15 February be dealt with?

The new Libyan leadership should swiftly rebuild its justice system to enable national courts to investigate and prosecute crimes under international law. This should also include crimes committed before 15 February, as well as those allegedly committed by persons who will not face investigation at the ICC.

The Libyan authorities may also wish to establish an independent commission of inquiry or a truth commission. Revealing the truth about past crimes and human rights violations would help to ensure victims of those crimes have access to justice and full reparations.

Why can't Colonel al-Gaddafi be tried in Libya?

Once the ICC decides to open an investigation in a case, national courts may not investigate that case and are relieved from their obligation to do so. In addition, since the ICC has issued an arrest warrant against al-Gaddafi, all states – including Libya - are obliged to cooperate fully with the Court.

What are the problems with the Libyan justice system?

Libya’s new leadership will need to assess how to reform the judiciary, the police and other key institutions as soon as possible after the fighting has stopped. The following are priorities for urgent reform:

Libya’s Criminal Code fails adequately to define crimes under international law, such as genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, torture, enforced disappearances and extrajudicial executions.
Libya’s Code of Criminal procedure lacks adequate legal safeguards, particularly in cases that are deemed to be political in nature.
The independence of Libya’s judiciary has been undermined by persistent political interference over decades.
Security forces routinely flout the limited safeguards that do exist in Libyan law. A parallel legal system has been set up since 2007 to handle cases “against the state,” where international standards are not met.
The death penalty is prescribed for a wide range of offences.

Should Colonel al-Gaddafi receive the death penalty?

No. Amnesty International categorically opposes the death penalty in all cases, whatever the magnitude of the crime. Capital punishment violates the right to life and is the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment.

What if another country offered safe haven to Colonel al-Gaddafi?

International law prohibits granting immunity to anyone suspected of committing the most serious crimes. If al-Gaddafi were to flee Libya, Amnesty International would call for his immediate arrest and transfer to the ICC for investigation.

Wouldn't giving al-Gaddafi immunity have helped save lives by bringing an earlier end to the conflict?

Such deals make a mockery of international law and can never be accepted. They violate the victims’ right to justice, truth and reparation. Accountability means nothing if those accused of some of the most serious crimes are given a “get out of jail free” card merely for agreeing to stop committing those crimes.

Experience has shown that a legacy of impunity fuels a continuing cycle of human rights violations and prolonged conflict. Whether in Colombia, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti, Israel/Occupied Palestinian Territories or Iran, leaders have come and gone but perpetrators go unpunished and violations continue on a massive scale. Experiences in Chile, Argentina, Liberia and Sierra Leone show that immunities and amnesties for serious human rights violations have not worked.

Isn’t the ICC another example of “Western” intervention in Libyan / African affairs?

No, it is a global institution. More than half the world’s countries (116) have ratified the Rome Statute that set up the ICC, including 32 from Africa. Additionally, 23 countries have signed the treaty and are expected to ratify it in future. One of the last countries to do so was Tunisia, which joined the ICC in June 2011. We expect the new government in Libya to ratify without delay the Rome Statute of the ICC.

When the UN Security Council unanimously resolved to refer the situation in Libya to the ICC, not only Western countries but UN Security Council members from all continents supported the move.
Read More

Both sides in Libya conflict must protect detainees from torture (News, 25 August 2011)
ICC issues arrest warrant for al-Gaddafi (News, 27 June 2011)
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:53 am

^^^
Surely that belongs in the thread about Libya, which is entitled "The Libya Thread".

Yet again, SLAD, you're throwing this thread (your own) off-topic. Presumably you yourself have some obscure inkling as to why you're doing it, because it's crystal-clear to everyone else exactly why you're doing it.

seemslikea dream wrote:What is Madman of Tripoli's fate?

Suggestion: Start a new thread, entitled "Ghaddaffi Was Not Entirely Nice" or "British Government Did Bad Things Too". Because who will tell the world, if not you?

Alternatively, you could be frank, at long last, and call it: "Rape And Lynching Is Karmic Justice: The Anti-Political Correctness Thread".

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

to summerize....these are all of Mac responses on this thread....condescending, hostle, calling me names, rambling on and on about how stupid I am.... 2 links one to the BBC and The Sun....there are no links proving my take on the situation is wrong....no links to what a good guy Gaddafi was... he wants me to take his word for how wrong I am but offers no links to prove is case. No facts just flames.. personal insults....

His last statement to keep in mind while reading his responses to me: Who's the dumb one? Who's the callous one? Who's the dishonest one?
The sodomising, torture, beating. humiliation and lynching of Muammar Ghaddaffi is surely something a board like this can discuss less dumbly, callously and dishonestly than SLAD is allowing it to be discussed.

I allowed him to fuck "discuss" with me for 9 pages...and I have had enough

here are his words to me..judge for yourself...

Calling me a fool..
And shame on you....
You sound like Ayn Rand.....
spare me your lazy smileys.(but he's too lazy to post links to anything he proposes to be true)...
It's you who's going to bat for the brutal, despicable, NATO-enabled killers of the helpless former killer.....
How evil you must be...
Anyway, feel free, SLAD. Carry on gloating and not being disgusted....
Choose your allies, of whom The Sun might well be one (and Sepka another).....
(Don't be ashamed, SLAD - enjoy.)....
Oh please, SLAD, stop digging deeper while you're in a hole (of your own making)....
Is there a doctor in the house? (A child psychologist would be even better.)

all because he disagrees with me but can not provide one single solitary link in 11 pages to prove his point..all he can do is call me names...you had your chance all you could resort to was childish name calling...yea and I am to blame? I think not

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 pm

The killing of Saddam Hussein was one of the nastiest things I've ever witnessed*. The slaughter of Muammar Ghaddafi was even more repulsive. It was one of those moments when you feel ashamed for the human race.

*thanks to the wonder of TV.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:47 pm
No, SLAD: it's got fuck-all to do with "being nice". It's about neither gloating nor acting all maturely-realpolitisch when TV treats us to the Spectacle of a helpless, wounded, terrified, solitary human being murdered disgustingly.
Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:54 pm
Shite.

And shame on you.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Well, that'll be news to Sophocles: we're responsible for what's bound to happen to us

Not to mention Patrice Lumumba, Rosa Luxemburg, Martin Luther King, Roger Casement, and the dead of Auschwitz, the Somme, Guernica, Columbine High, and the Belgian Congo. To name but a few - very, very few. (Presumably those infants in Dunblane were also "responsible for their own destiny".)

History is a nightmare you're trying to stay asleep in. You sound like Ayn Rand.

Gaddafi was 'killed in crossfire'

Lying bastards.

Quote:
Nato's governing body, meeting in the coming hours, is expected to declare an end to its Libyan bombing campaign.

Nato Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said that with the death of Col Gaddafi "that moment has now moved much closer".

"After 42 years, Col Gaddafi's rule of fear has finally come to an end," he said. "I call on all Libyans to put aside their differences and work together to build a brighter future."

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm
Routine state-sanctioned murder is followed by dead language, inevitably. Death, deadliness, deadness everywhere. Rasmussen is a hypnotist. (There's nothing glamorous about it.)

This is why OWS is so wise to formulate no demands. This is also why they won't succeed without what is so shabbily and routinely called (in the language of the dead) violence (i.e., action).

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm
You didn't misspell 'especially'. Check it out, and spare me your lazy smileys.
Don't be silly. It's you who's going to bat for the brutal, despicable, NATO-enabled killers of the helpless former killer.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
If they had killed Hitler that way, it would still be disgusting. If Bush and Cheney and Blair were to be killed that way (or any way), it would still be disgusting.

They killed Mussolini and his mistress that way. It was disgusting.

And just look at the wonderful world we've had since then!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:10 pm
Oh look, SLAD, just spare us your dead language and your dead politics. They're one and the same thing
And I'm like, whatever.

How evil I must be. I'm also ignoring everyone else's dead victims, including the victims of the Liberators of Libya, victims you "ignore" (i.e., don't mention). How evil you must be.

In other news, people have been murdered elsewhere and I haven't mentioned all of them, including those murdered by the Liberators of Libya. But at least I have mentioned more of them than you did. (Did I fail to mention the dead of Bloody Sunday, or the Black Hole of Calcutta? It can only mean I don't give a shit about them.)
Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:33 pm
Anyway, feel free, SLAD. Carry on gloating and not being disgusted. Another World Is Possible, especially if it looks almost exactly like this one.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 pm
Yay, team! Image
Inspiring, isn't it?

Choose your allies, of whom The Sun might well be one (and Sepka another).

Another World Is Possible, namely this one, only even crueller and even more deeply stupid.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:33 pm
This is a turning point in their ongoing project to test what they can get away with. They got away with it easily. (Even people on the Left are applauding them, or at least making excuses for them.) Therefore, in two years or so, you can expect to see Hugo Chavez eaten alive by lions, live on TV, presuming lions still exist.

I wish I could be sure I was joking, and I wish my jokes were funnier. Still, you work with the material you have, inevitably.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:50 pm
Maher, jaysus... What a smirking sneering sniggering airheaded blowdried powerworshipping "ironical" impeccably liberal little shit he is. What a stinky little arsehole. And yet he's the multimillionaire face of The Left in America. ("The Left" now means harmless and unfunny comedy, mostly written by nameless, invisible and uncredited employees.)

I wish Joe Bageant was still alive, not least because he never tried to be a comedian.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm
You can see it in very graphic detail here:
(Don't be ashamed, SLAD - enjoy.)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 pm
Gaddafi sodomized: Video shows abuse frame by frame (GRAPHIC)

Yay, team. Make him a madam.

(Hey, don't go all "politically correct" on me! Because the "Madman of Tripoli" was, of course, "karmically" "responsible for his destiny"! So if you object to this bloody sodomising of a helpless and soon-to-be-murdered prisoner, then you're "going to bat for a killer".)

Sic, sic, sic, sic, sic.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 pm
Ah, you can always rely on yer Super Soaraway Sun not to be "politically correct":
Quote:
Dead Dog

Chilling visit to Gaddafi’s grisly corpse

Quote:
PHOTO: Copyright 2008 News Group Newspapers Ltd and/or its licensors. No use without permission [and payment]. Contact enquiries@nisyndication.com

Savage end ... The Sun's Oliver Harvey sees Colonel Gaddafi's body on show in a cold storage unit

From OLIVER HARVEY, Chief Feature Writer
in Misrata

Published: Today
Add a comment Add a comment (141)

REBEL soldiers heaved open the door of the giant freezer and pointed at the prone figure lying under a black and white flowery blanket.

It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust from the bright Libya sunshine to the half light.

And then there he was, as unmistakeable in death as he was in life. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, the "Mad Dog", one of history's most brutal and unhinged tyrants, lay at my feet on a blood-sodden mattress.

Lifeless and shorn of his gold braid, absurd peaked cap and the other trappings of his bizarre dictatorship he appeared diminished — physically smaller.

Edging to within an arm's length of the corpse, I gazed down at the Butcher of Lockerbie's bruised and blooded face.
[...]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... d-Dog.html

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm
Oh please, SLAD, stop digging deeper while you're in a hole (of your own making). To state the obvious: It's not "info" (sic), it's documentation.

OK????????????ßß??ß?????!!!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm
Ah, stop wasting my time, and everyone else's. You are making a fool of yourself and worse.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

SLAD, you're playing in traffic.
Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:23 pm
Is there a doctor in the house? (A child psychologist would be even better.)

now here comes the good part

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm
As you well know, SLAD, I have linked to every single article I have posted. So stop telling dumb, obvious, timewasting, desperate lies at my expense and carry on playing in traffic. But carefully, please. (Just like Henry Kissinger and Martin Luther King, you're responsible for your own destiny. Right?)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 pm
Is that supposed to be a compliment? Or even a defence?

[Shurely we're all "reshponshible for our own destiny"? - Ed.]
Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Right, here's a challenge: Find one article I posted in this thread that I haven't linked to.

Clock's ticking. And anyone can read the thread,

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm
Mods, I'm out of here, and that's why. The sodomising, torture, beating. humiliation and lynching of Muammar Ghaddaffi is surely something a board like this can discuss less dumbly, callously and dishonestly than SLAD is allowing it to be discussed.
Reminder of the thread's ACTUAL TOPIC (chosen by SLAD herself):
Quote:
NB, not "How nasty is Ghaddaffi?" or "How nice is SLAD?", but:
Quote:

Thank you and goodnight.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to FIRE PIT