'Your IP is on a Spamhaus list'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'Your IP is on a Spamhaus list'

Postby stefano » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:26 pm

So I can't post on RI at work, because that IP is on some list at Spamhaus. I've contacted them but haven't heard back - is there anything else I can do about this? Like, I have to go to Spamhaus?

Thanks in advance, for any tips...
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 'Your IP is on a Spamhaus list'

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Spamhaus says that http://www.rigorousintuition.ca isn't on their block list, that's all I know. :?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:46 pm

The little I understand of Spamhaus is that they use mysterious algorithms to identify who's on their shitlist, so there are definitely issues with false positives.

The good news though is that just because you're blacklisted today, doesn't mean the ban won't be (mysteriously) lifted tomorrow. As I recall, Spamhaus doesn't really give accountability, or let you appeal your status- they just change it, if they think you're no longer acting like a zombie spambot, or whatever.
American Dream

Postby stefano » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:29 am

Thanks both - OK now it works... it worked before, as well. They didn't reply to my email but maybe now I'm whitelisted or something. I work for a place that sends a lot of email - we sell subscription research - so maybe that's the thing.
stefano

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]