Good news, for once.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Good news, for once.

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Since this is usually a spot for crisis, I wanted to share something that happened to me today. As you will shortly see, I can't talk about it in GD or anywhere else but here.

I get bored easily, and that's also true at my new job. I will be on google in about 10 seconds after being done with my tasks and told to wait. Since I'm being trained in several entire departments, that happens a lot so I've been on RI very blatantly during the workday lately. I'm a "try it and see" kinda guy so I've been waiting to find out how observant (or rater, observing) our IT department was, and sure enough, I had someone come and talk to me this afternoon.

The guy is pretty old, having been around since they were building in DOS in 1985 setting the company up. He definitely had fun messing with me for the first minute or so, but he actually had come to thank me for randomly introducing him to the forum here. Apparently he's been a lurker (and will probably remain? I'll let y'all know if I notice) for 2 weeks now. Loves it. Says he's never found anything like it.

I definitely could have dragged this out with all kinds of writerly details, but you're all busy, beautiful people. Be wise and prosper.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Good news, for once.

Postby DrVolin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

That's awesome :)

RI and Facebook are the only two places I don't go to at work. I have several colleagues who would really enjoy this place, but most would just think I was even more nuts than they already think I am. Not that I would mind.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 pm

That's really cool to read. Thanks.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:06 am

Good for you, wombat.

If I recommended RI to anyone I work with, they'd likely look at me as if I asked them if I could borrow one of their kidneys for a couple of weeks.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Return to Moderators