CW and me.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

CW and me.

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

:thumbsup

Sorry to cause a scene. I'm happy to resign as mod, it's not like my tolerance for horseshit is going to radically improve this year. Anyone who contacts me directly will get the same sunny disposition.

I leave it for the rest of you to decide and have no hard feelings any which way.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: CW and me.

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 pm

What did you say? She didn't include any of the juicy details in her PM to me.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 pm

THE DUMP:

Canadian_watcher wrote:Do you mean this, WR? I'm asking because it's like an onslaught for me right now. If you have a look at the last post barracuda made in that thread in the Posting Guidelines forum (along with a few others from other people) and you consider that just the other day brainpanhandler started that whole thread essentially to bad mouth me, personally, you're going to have to come to a conclusion.

And of course you don't agree with every one of my viewpoints - some are quite controversial. But I'm not a 'no planer' and I'm not a racist and I don't deny the holocaust and I'm not sexist or stupid or ignorant or cruel. So..

You can decide whether or not this is to be a forum wherein we all agree or wherein we debate. I have fun debating, and also sometimes it's quite enlightening and good for the soul. I like to learn things, to change my mind and to try and change the minds of others.

Anyway, right below in your post you mentioned the 'posting of messages from banned posters' - it seems to me that barracuda might be directly snubbing you by posting what he posted with of course the essential element of trying to implicate me in the current mess.

I just wanted to point it out, and yes, report it, because that's my new policy.
Report anything against me that is blatantly wrong. (advice I got)
I don't like it, but I'll see if it works.

Subject: Engagement, Attention, and Death

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Bumping.

:fawked:

Food for thought from a community that closely parallels RI: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=20259

This is a start of a new regime at the Forum. If any other member makes abusive comments about a fellow member, their membership will also be deleted. If anyone tries to subvert this measure by posting comments of banned members, they will also be removed from the forum.

This is the last chance for the JFK Forum. If this new approach does not work, the whole forum will be removed.

ASK YOURSELF IF YOU VALUE THIS PLACE ENOUGH TO KEEP IT ALIVE. Seriously.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:1. note that the link itself, and the quoted verbiage, is from a whole other site.

2. what I "meant by that" is that RI is facing a similar crossroads this year.

3. "You can decide whether or not this is to be a forum wherein we all agree or wherein we debate." Neither activity interests me, at all. Hopefully that helps you clarify where I'm coming from -- happy to discuss it further if that comes off as inscrutable.

Canadian_watcher wrote:Yeah, I see that it's from a different site - not sure what that has to do with anything.

You seem to have taken the attitude that I'm challenging you. I'm not. You're a moderator, and I have concerns. If I'm misreading your vibe then set me straight. I'm opening dialogue here.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:What do you want to dialog about? Send me an email instead of this dinky PM stuff, I'm at powerweirdo@gmail.com

...THEN A FEW DAYS OF RADIO SILENCE, THEN I PM'd HER RE: THE LIZARDS THREAD...

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Thanks for contributing to the problem!

Canadian_watcher wrote:really? I step in to try and defend the person in the thread who is getting beat up on and *I'm* the problem?
and what is with asking me to contact you via personal email? No thanks - I would have thought you could handle the mod duties here through the system, but that's your call. It just means that I can't look to you for anything.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I would appreciate it if you didn't, yeah.

Canadian_watcher wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about

Wombaticus Rex wrote:it was a response to the last sentence of your previous message

...AND THEN MODS WERE CONTACTED.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm wrote::thumbsup

Sorry to cause a scene. I'm happy to resign as mod, it's not like my tolerance for horseshit is going to radically improve this year. Anyone who contacts me directly will get the same sunny disposition.

I leave it for the rest of you to decide and have no hard feelings any which way.

This is a call you have to make for yourself.

The part quoted below makes it seem to me as if you're ready to call it quits, but you could also have just been having a bad day, or you could have just been fed up with C_w, who is singularly talented at trying people's patience. You have to figure it out, though. It's totally your decision to make. I believe that your voice is valuable to the mod group, but if you don't want to do it, then you don't want to do it.

Canadian_watcher wrote:really? I step in to try and defend the person in the thread who is getting beat up on and *I'm* the problem?
and what is with asking me to contact you via personal email? No thanks - I would have thought you could handle the mod duties here through the system, but that's your call. It just means that I can't look to you for anything.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I would appreciate it if you didn't, yeah.

Canadian_watcher wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about

Wombaticus Rex wrote:it was a response to the last sentence of your previous message
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Once this blows over I'll be fine. It just breaks my heart to see adults older than me behaving this way. It'll be a long week, but ultimately, I feel, a good one.

Appreciate the vote of confidence.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 pm

The David Icke: Methods Of A Madman contains some tremendous moderating, btw.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Well hot damn, thanks again.

Might as well contribute: the Fatima Oracle card deck has been a prominent feature of my dreamwork and divination stuff lately and I've also found it hugely helpful as a therapist. Having re-framed the situation from a burden/problem into a game/puzzle was the source of my big turnaround and it was largely a matter of a single page of my journal, about a 20 minutes of quiet focus, and some Catholic-Pagan Tarot cards.

Hail Eris.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to Moderators