The Demon Was an Idea (Part Two and a half)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Demon Was an Idea (Part Two and a half)

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 am

A different direction from the comments already posted to Jeffs latest, but relevant. Driving home one night through a federal forest in upstate N.Y. I saw a circular beam of light, but it was coming down from the sky, it was motionless, and appeared solid, I needed to get closer. I drove toward it, and i needed to take the next left, which would bring me within 50 yards of it as i went uphill. Shortly after I turned the light stopped. This part of road was a dead end so I drove back and forth and then waited at the spot nearest to where I saw the light, and waited. Then I noticed a vehicle coming down the hill in my rearview, How did a vehicle get there? this is a deadend? well perhaps it had been off road, not unusual in this area. Well the vehicle pulls up beside me, and i can see a man but cant make out a face, i can see inside the vehicle, but no dashboard lights. Anyway, he asks me what I am doing there, and I ask him,"didnt you see that beam of light? and he says yes, they are taking the animals from the forest to experiment on them. I say, "thats crazy, then where did they go? I am going to check out the field" The man says "you shouldnt do that they are very dangerous and have killed before". I intuitively knew he was lying to me. Then he drives off in a dark green suburban type vehicle without a license plate on it. Alright so now I am a little frightened, I wait a few minutes and continue my drive home. As i am driving home about a half mile later, the circular light appears above my vehicle and stays above me, after a few seconds the outline of a giant eagle appears in the light. i always believed that if i encountered the mysterious, I would bravely confront it. But I was filled with fear and dread now, clenched the steering wheel and continued home, fast, even after the light had gone. This all happened within a mile of a giant relay tower (what it relays, I dont know). There are also legends of under groud passages in this same area. Anyhow, i will be dropping a few agnihotra blessed mud balls there tomorrow. edited title
Last edited by Burnt Hill on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt Hill

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:05 am

Maybe there's a rational explanation for it. Are you sure it was an eagle outline you saw and not something else a little more redundant?

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Indeed Mr Ego, there must be a rational explanation for it, and we are getting closer to it in no small part because of this web site. Perhaps I was driving the batmobile that day, but I tried to present this story as honestly as possible, and I see you've drawn your typical close minded assumptions. Was it an eagle? a vulture? a giant hummingbird? not sure that was the most revealing part of the story. Did you notice that I emphasized federal forest? The fear and dread I felt while the light was over me is telling. Its the blessed mud balls that threaten your belief system isnt it? I intuitively feel it is time to take action , of sorts. I am spiritual, in a sense, but I am not a follower af any church. I am not opposed to using spiritual methods to fight evil. What do you bring to the table besides scientific method and sarcasm?
Burnt Hill

The Illuminati News has a section on spiritual warfare.

Postby NavnDansk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:35 pm

The Illuminati News has a section on spiritual warfare.

hermespress also has excellent spiritial, political and art articles.
NavnDansk

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:Indeed Mr Ego, there must be a rational explanation for it, and we are getting closer to it in no small part because of this web site. Perhaps I was driving the batmobile that day, but I tried to present this story as honestly as possible, and I see you've drawn your typical close minded assumptions. Was it an eagle? a vulture? a giant hummingbird? not sure that was the most revealing part of the story. Did you notice that I emphasized federal forest? The fear and dread I felt while the light was over me is telling. Its the blessed mud balls that threaten your belief system isnt it? I intuitively feel it is time to take action , of sorts. I am spiritual, in a sense, but I am not a follower af any church. I am not opposed to using spiritual methods to fight evil. What do you bring to the table besides scientific method and sarcasm?

What 'Federal' Forest? When did this happen? You provide no point of reference aside from 'one night'. Cooked balls of cowshit don't affect me one way or another aside from the observation that your story is a conveniant vehicle to keep the shiteballs an active topic.

And my apologies, but merely injecting a stressed 'intuitive' in each of your posts doesn't graft you any further into credibilty here.

How about a real breakdown of your.....experience. One that doesn't read like a free associational run-on sentance and has something appromiximating relative time and location like a proper witness account would possess instead of merely piggybacking on jeff's coat tails by highjacking his blog post titles in order to gain views here..

And while you're at it, a 'buy now' link for some of these amazing dung balls this board has become so enamored with would be considerate.

Maybe Jeff would even consider making a sticky thread for you.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Burnt

Postby professorpan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks for sharing that story, burnt.

I second et's request for some other details -- i.e. what federal forest, approximate day/time, etc. If you feel comfortable sharing them.

Thanks.
professorpan

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:31 pm

Well certainly Mr Ego, I can do all that for you. It was in the Finger Lakes National Forest, which is part of the Green Mountain National Forest of Vermont(not sure how that came about, but before you attack me, look it up yourself.). This event happened in the fall of '96. "Cooked balls of cowshit don't affect me one way or another aside from the observation that your story is a conveniant vehicle to keep the shiteballs an active topic"and to give you opportunity to unleash profanity and venom to anyone that doesnt share your belief system? because you intuitively know your belief system doesnt have all the answers? and that hurts you doesnt it? Certainly I am not looking for credibility when I relate a story on my own paranormal experience, I intuitvely knew many would take issue with what I had to say. Are we not all riding Jeffs coattails here? let him take issue with the title if he wants. Though I do wish I titled it The Demon Was an Idea (Part 2.5). I am not looking to gain views, in fact it was you and a few others I was hoping to bring to this thread, so thank you. For your information, the blessed pottery balls that i received came free of charge. Though I do intend to reimburse. Do you want some? Anything else you need answered? i am happy to respond to you, I would prefer you keep it civil , as your petty attempts at sarcasm get us nowhere. As the kids say- Peace Out my brother.
Burnt Hill

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:43 pm

Sure professor it was around 11:30 pm, thanks for asking. I was driving a Dodge Lancer, the weather was calm, and partially overcast. There had been a few unusual light sightings in this area as I discovered after I became comfortable talking about it, as relayed to me from three others personally and through the grapevine. again, thanks for joining in the discussion professor.
Burnt Hill

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:because you intuitively know your belief system doesnt have all the answers? and that hurts you doesnt it?

Not at all.

I've had my own 'outside' experiences, both confounding and horrifying at once, of which you know nothing, but indeed, your cowballs don't conform to my high weirdness gestalt at all. As any self-respecting Nihilist would indicate, that doesn't make it my problem, it makes it yours. I don't claim to have all the answers, but I intuitively smell baloney here. At best, t'would seem a misappropriation of something very ancient has been undertaken by yourself and others who have chosen this point in time to amplify that fact in some of the silliest posts I've ever read at RI.

So anyways, this happened to you in 96, but you only decided late last night to deploy the agnihotra today..

Two questions:

1 - Why are you not deep in the forest right now performing your task

and

2 - What is your intended purpose in hoping I'd join this thread?

I'd be out of bounds if I were to even remotely insinuate that you somehow stood to gain from alienating and disenfranchising the RI community from itself. You would never do such a thing deliberately, would you?

Of course not.

Whatever, carry on, dragon..

Oops, sorry bout that; it's so easy to get the Silly's mixed up as one another..

Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:44 pm

1. Because I am a very busy family man with 4 children, a full time job with an hour commute, and I chose to use my free time today to post here. I am going out this evening, to the tower. 2. Because I believe that when two opposing sides join to gether in discussion we can reveal answers and reach consensus,sp?. And Ive read some of your previous posts and appreciate your logic-most of the time! I too have been a strict adherent to the scientific method, and subscribe to Skeptic mag and Skeptical Iquirer mag and learned an awful lot from them. i also feel that we are behind in this battle (good vs. evil?) and I think we are on the same team. I am exploring some new methods and sharing them with you. And indeed you are out of bounds with your sarcastic insinuations- that is your weak point, I'd be honored to be able to enlighten you a little. Why now? I only just discovered this method, only recently felt compelled to start doing something about it. thanks for responding, try to leave the sarcasm at the door next time?
Burnt Hill

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:53 pm

My sarcasm defines me with triggers that are painfully obvious and difficult to ignore. I am who I am, independant of who you would like me to be. If you feel that a personality edit is in order on my part, than you've clearly misinterpreted me as an ally in your battle.

What if I reject both sides? The concept of 'Good and Evil' is a bit oversimplified, don't you think? What have absolute values rendered for either, honestly?

By the way, didn't Skeptic Magazine pull off a glorious whitewashing of all things 9/11?

You keep strange company, my friend..
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm

the art of diffusion, obfuscation and distraction seems to be working at ever higher ticks here in the RI forum.. its very interesting arcadia. i agree there has been an uneasy growth of far fetched niche - brain work wishing to spread their view points to alternatively inclined people more and more. i don't know about any of this.. but to me i think the world is very rationally based and so when it gets to things like this... the alarms go off pretty fiercely in my head and i just simply don't read the thread.

i don't know why but its becoming increasingly harder for me to maintain my focus on things i consider most important when all of this starts happening. maybe its because i'm becoming more increasigly scarce on these forums so i don't quite have my hand on the pulse of RI these days.. but i think a lot of people are very confused at this time so the confusion is more evident on the forums..adding to my confusion?

i've taken many strides and a lot of my energy to try to stay in the 'reality-based community'. so when theres this growing movement of whatever's popular at the moment or i increasingly see more involvement of people in strange object fetish cults..well..you won't see me any where near. i guess in the end i don't want to appear 'wierd' or 'out of touch' because therefore nobody would take me seriously. and that's a lonely place to be. and i fear being alone..how about you et?
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always." -Mahatma Gandhi
dugoboy

Regarding The Demon was an idea 2.5....

Postby avalonconnection » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I rarely post on RI, but had to post on this thread.

Burnt, I believe you. It's that simple and that complex. Again, although we've heard it ad nauseum, "Just because you can't prove something, doesn't mean you can disprove it, either". I guess my motivation for posting was not only my interest in this topic, but also because it really pains me the way everyone seems to be in "attack" mode here lately. Peace everyone, please.

Burnt, the reason your story resonated with me, is because I lived in upstate New York from 1987 through 1995. For those of you who require specific information, I lived in the Catskills. For awhile, I lived in a small, rural town called Pine Plains. Then, the remainder of that time I lived in the town of Catskill itself.

Some of you who follow these things might have heard that the Hudson Valley and other upstate areas of New York are considered a "hot bed" area of sightings and strange aerial phenomena.

My husband and I were driving the Taconic Pkwy back from La Guardia in mid August, 1991. My three year old daughter and I had just flown back from my sister's wedding in California. The time was 1am. It was a calm, warm, and moonlit night. As we drove along north towards home, we came upon at least a half dozen cars on both sides of the parkway that were stopped. Some of the people were out of their cars and all were looking off to the East. My husband naturally started to slow down because of the oddity of the situation before his eyes. I looked out the window to see what the people were looking at, and saw a huge, triangular "ship" that was just clearing the parkway and floating on its way over and down into the pastural valley below. I shouted to my husband to pull over. My husband and I immediately jumped out of the car and stood there watching this object. We were totally awestruck as were the other people who had stopped. There wasn't a sound from anyone.

What we and others saw that night I will never forget. My husband, being a scientist, was absolutely astounded by what we experienced. The "ship", which was triangular and had four lights on its underside, was enormous. He estimated it had to be the length of a football field or more. It made no noise. It blocked out the sky and the stars as it went over us. It slowly "floated" on its way through the valley below.

Later, the only other thing we both said we experienced besides the visual sighting, was a very strong but low frequency vibration coming off this object. We both agreed that this vibration was "felt" in our body, not "heard" by us. This was the first of two sightings I experienced while living in upstate New York.

In March of 1992, I had to go out around 10pm to a nearby town called Carmel. I had forgotten to purchase diapers for my youngest daughter the night before. Because my husband and I shared one car, I had to wait until he came home from his job down in Valhalla. This was a long commute for him and hence, the late hour that I ventured out.

It was very cold out that night, and I hurried along the road as fast and safely as I could to get this errand done and get home to the warmth of my home. I rounded a turn in the road which lay parallel to a lake there in Carmel. I was coming up on the one traffic light on this stretch of road. This light was at the beginning of a bridge that connected two sections of the lake.

As I was coming up on the light, I noticed it changed from red to green. The curious thing was, the only other car around was stopped at the light, and it didn't move when the light turned green. As I got closer to the car, I saw a man with his door ajar, and he was looking up at the sky to his left, over the lake.

My first thought was, "Oh crap, I'm alone and what the hell is this?!!" Then, I looked up to see what he was looking at. Over the lake, hovering in the sky, were two small, round "ships". They were identical in shape, size, and light formations around the circumference of the body. Now, when I describe the "behavior" of these two ships, I can only tell you this is what I "intuitively" felt about what was happening. One seemed to dart around ever so slightly, like it had just arrived to meet up with the other one. My sense at the time was that they were communicating. The two ships hovered there for what I would estimate later was perhaps 15 to 20 seconds. Then, all of a sudden, one zoomed off in one direction, and the other zoomed off in the opposite direction. They both departed at a high rate of speed. In fact, their departure was so fast that it seemed like they dematerialized in an instant.

The funny thing is, later, when I thought about it and told my husband, I mentioned that the man in the car stopped ahead of me never said a word, gestured to me, or anything. We both sat there for a few seconds, he closed his door, and continued on his way. I followed right behind him. Here we were, two strangers on a dark road on a cold March night, and we experienced this incredible encounter together and I never knew who he was.

I now live in the high desert of California about twenty-five miles from the main gates of EAFB. We see a lot of aerial phenomena out here on a continual basis.

I just wanted to "bravely" step out here and share my story with all of you.

I wish everyone Peace and a truly Happy New Year!

AvalonConnection
avalonconnection

Postby avalonconnection » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:58 pm

Upon edit-

I forgot to mention in my narrative that the encounter near Carmel was when we lived in Brewster. The way it was written, it read like we still lived in Catskill. My apologies. I always want to be clear and factual.

AvalonConnection
avalonconnection

NY UFOs

Postby professorpan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks for that story, Avalon. There was a book written about the wave of UFOs -- many of them triangular -- over the Hudson Valley. I think J. Allen Hynek wrote it, and it was probably the last thing he published before dying.

I am a little puzzled by et's antagonism to burnt. Just because burnt happens to buy into the orgone/agnihotra stuff shouldn't make his accounts suspicious.
professorpan

Next

Return to Activism