Boo to RI, (version 2.0 ), and a sorta requiem for pitcairn

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Boo to RI, (version 2.0 ), and a sorta requiem for pitcairn

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:19 pm

and chiggerbit, please dont tell the board that RI cant handle some criticism, that would be a mistake in itself. So the "orgonites" have been relegated to the depths, un fortunate, but dealt with. Now eiAe has once again played his heavy hand, and locked a bunch of threads. So he wants us gone, and it is working. Unfortunately the first to go is probably the most concscientious voice out there- pitcairn . I imagine I will be next if the trend continues. I will point out one more time- the problem with the board is a certain moderator, not the discussions. A disruptor comes to the depths and escalates an argument and eiAe uses that to close us all down. It is beyond just sad.
Burnt Hill

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sounds like I've missed alot!

Postby Col Quisp » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:22 pm

Been gone for a while -- busy, etc. what is this all about? Are there moderators now?
Col Quisp

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:25 pm

I never thought I would witness such sterile Internet "drama".
philipacentaur

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 pm

I accidentally deleted Burnt's last Boo RI post while trying to move it to the other board. I think I will leave it to someone else to move it this time, until I have done some practice on my own threads. Sorry for my ineptitude, Burnt.
chiggerbit

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:44 pm

Why does it need to be removed? i dont mind your lack of computer savvy, no problem there. But why does a critical post need to be 'moved". While I mentioned 'orgone' it is not the subject matter. Why is does that topic generate so much fear? nevermind that. Why cant this board tolerate some mild dissent? is Boo so bad? And it also begs the question- why arent all topics moved to their appropriate venues?
Burnt Hill

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Don't play dumb, Burnt. It belonged on the activism board, without a doubt. Had I intended to delete it, I would have copied it first, for my own records. I didn't, so all I remember is that it was an OBVIOUS activism subject.

I still haven't figured out how it got deleted, because the choices were pretty easy, so easy that even a computer incompetent like me should have been able to do it without trouble. At first, I thought YOU had deleted it after I moved it. Then I realized I must have goofed.

This one belongs in activism, too, since that's where pitcairn's post is located. I would prefer not to get involved in these brouhahas, but Jeff's guidelines are simple and easy to understand, so I had no problem in deciding to move the first Boo message. I have to run into town right now, but when I get back I will do a couple of practice runs, then move this one too...unless Jeff asks me not to.
chiggerbit

Postby sunny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm

chiggerbit, I accidently locked a thread a few days ago and didn't even realize it until I came back hours later to find a pm asking me wtf was up!

Burnt Hill, orgone has been relegated to the Activism forum because that was Jeff's decision. He could have banned the subject altogether, but as it is, it can still be viewed and discussed by any who wish to do so.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:50 pm

The Activism threads have been unlocked as per my last post in the 'Jeff needs a break' poll thread.

And burnt hill, you have no claims of ownership 'in the depths'. Anyone is permitted to speak their minds there. If you can't handle toostoned's and other's observations, well, that's pretty much your problem..

If this thread becomes yet another of the Orgonites' sprawling chaos threads, I'm going to place it in the diving bell and send it downstairs to Activism..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Can someone move my "Orgone therapy" thread somewhere else. Here, Data Dump -- I don't care. It has nothing to do with "Orgonite", and it wasn't intended to be antagonistic. I messaged Pan about it, but got nothing yet.
philipacentaur

Postby Telexx » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:03 pm

And it also begs the question- why aren't all topics moved to their appropriate venues?

I dislike the attitude of the Orgonites (in one case, immensely) although I also dislike the attitude of the hands-over-my-ears naysayers (in one case, immensely). I amagnostic, curious even, regarding orgon & orgonite, with an open mind regarding esoteric matters like 'subtle energy'.

So, my perspective & bias not hidden, I think Burnt Hill makes a good point, and part of me is sad to see a valid topic for debate squashed in this way. Another part of me is like "Well, it's Jeff's board so... get over it!" RI is not democratic, despite its many admirable qualities.

Dunno though, still feels a bit strange; I think the solution presented is fairly contrived. The one thing I loved about this board was the propensity of our host to treat us like Adults.

It should also be pointed out that the majority here won't give a fuck, and that's not to be discounted. BH - seems like you'll have to just build a bridge... (to Orgonon).

Thanks,

Telexx
Telexx

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:05 pm

"I still dream of Organon. I wake up crying."
philipacentaur

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:08 pm

philipacentaur wrote:Can someone move my "Orgone therapy" thread somewhere else. Here, Data Dump -- I don't care. It has nothing to do with "Orgonite", and it wasn't intended to be antagonistic. I messaged Pan about it, but got nothing yet.

I moved it back.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:10 pm

Thanks!
philipacentaur

philipcentaur

Postby professorpan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:49 pm

Mr. Centaur, I tried moving your thread back to GD, and the board said it worked. Apologies if it didn't -- not sure exactly what went wrong, and I'm new to moving around threads, too.
professorpan

Postby ivanbo2003 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:03 pm

I'm personally satisfied with the mod team,they are doing good job considering the fact they are new to this type of "duty".Give 'em little time to work out and practice,it will all come to it's place.
I don't really understand the fuss about the Orgon threads,they are back,they have their sub forum,so what else can mods do ?
ivanbo2003

Next

Return to Activism