Please note:

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Please note:

Postby TheBlackSheep » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:31 am

Jeff » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:59 pm wrote:Things have been getting out of hand.

Dragon has been using this forum to solicit business I cannot endorse and advocate action that can be construed as violence. I've deleted his account.

I have a question. Note, I am not advocating violence, I just have a question and would like to know your opinion and perhaps Et in Arcadia ego's since he seems to hold your view.

My question is, let's say you lived in a country where state violence was commonplace... for the sake of example let's say you were a woman living in saudi arabia who wanted to protest wearing a burka or a hijab, and you formed with a group of women doing the same... and so you went into the streets peacefully without wearing these articles, only to have the state police etc. crack down upon you, and/or other patriotic citizens... my question is, what do you expect these people to do?

I hope my question isn't overstepping the bounds, but it is these kinds of paradoxes that are of particular concern to me when contemplating how it is that people can act constructively to secure their freedom.
TheBlackSheep

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please note:

Postby TheBlackSheep » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 am

Here I've got another one, let's say some of the folks in North Korea decide they would like some freedom, and the government came to shoot them in the face or haul them off to a camp for even expressing the possibility that such a thing as freedom exists greater than what you would find in the glorious country of North Korea, what do you expect these good people to do exactly?
TheBlackSheep

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Activism