I need some input....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I need some input....

Postby rocco33 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:03 pm

I am having a real hard time coming up with good slogans or sayings for the purposes of <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.freewayblogger.com/">www.freewayblogger.com/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->freeway blogging to try to shake people up to get involved. The old stand-by's of "Osama Bin Forgotten", "No one Died When Clinton Lied"(sic), and "Bush Lied" just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Not enough punch. <br><br>If <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>you</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> could paint a cardboard sign or protest banner, what would you want to say? What do you think would make people <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>really</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> think. I mean to the point of actually voting or even better, beginning to pay attention to politics more closely as every North American should right now.<br><br> It's the season of dumb and banner right now. The NFL is heating up and "Dancing to the Stars" is really drawing them in droves. I feel our only chance might be a Oaxaca-style civl disobedience en masse. We've had Cindy Sheehan and the Iraq Veterans for Peace for over 3 years, and it's just not cutting it. Earlier this month, Sheehan and Kovic only drew 3000 people in Cal as reported by Indymedia. Apathy has set in. <br><br>Any thought-provoking slogans or downright shocking statements that can fit on a sign or banner would be much appreciated. I've come up with an idea that I want to convey corporate fascism that will slide us into a police state and Marxism, but I'm stuck. <br><br> I can't think of a better gathering of minds than this forum for witty and/or hard-hitting one-liners than this forum. <br><br>Thanks for your help in advance. <p></p><i></i>
rocco33

Blog: View Blog (0)

Politics should mean choice ?

Postby slimmouse » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:13 pm

<br><br> A vote should mean choice <br><br>Where is the choice ????????? <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Politics should mean choice ?

Postby sunny » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:22 pm

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>BUSH</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> HATES US FOR OUR FREEDOMS<br><br><br>FIGHT THE POWER-MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR<br><br>IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CIVIL RIGHTS-WHO CARES IF YOU DIE?<br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

War and politicians

Postby slimmouse » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm

<br> "War and US politicians are joined at the hip" <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: I need some input....

Postby 1 tal » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:16 am

<br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=g6GL5S_xqYU&eurl=http%3A//www.progressiveindependent.com/dc/dcboard.php%3Faz%3Dshow_topic%26forum%3D104%26topic_id%3D48423%26mesg_id%3D48423&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static10.sjl.youtube.com/vi/g6GL5S_xqYU/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskIT0Z8vIHZ9R22ggFts2G_d">if you love liberty</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
1 tal

Postby yesferatu » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:52 am

Bush Is a Punk-Ass Chump<br><br>Sometimes the insult IS the message. And some things just need to be seen by people who need to be smacked. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby greencrow0 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 am

Two signs I did put onto cardboard and carried during a Peace Demonstration last Spring:<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>9/11 was an Inside Job</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>and<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Depleted Uranium is a WMD<br><br>and a War Crime.<br></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby Forgetting2 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:24 am

Overthrow Bush<br>You gotta' start somewhere<br><br>Tar and Feathers won’t make Bush<br>look any different<br><br>Dubya for War<br>Nothing More<br><br>Forget Torture<br>Go Shopping<br><br>Ignore the War<br>Watch TV<br><br>George Bush<br>Nothing to see here<br>Move along<br><br>George Bush<br>Train wreck with a name<br><br>You deserve better<br>Vote<br><br>Bush<br>A soft tissue<br>Cancer<br><br>War<br>Bush<br>War<br>Bush<br>War<br><br>The Hague is too good<br>For a Bush<br><br>A War is a War is a Bush…<br>Is a war<br><br>Got Habeas Corpus?<br><br>This Flaming Bush<br>Is not Eternal<br>Vote<br><br>The bad news<br>Is Bush<br><br>FLASH!!!<br>Bush Wins<br>The worse of two evils contest<br><br>The Bad News Bushies<br>Not so funny anymore, is it?<br><br>Beware the Bush<br>Be Very Wary<br><br>When’s the last time you heard some good news?<br>Vote<br><br>What does it take to get you mad?<br>Vote<br><br>Rape me Dubya<br>Rape me again<br><br>GWB – America’s Rape Drug<br><br>GWB<br>For Raping a Drugged America<br> <p></p><i></i>
Forgetting2

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:45 am

Bodies flying,<br>families crying,<br>Powell lying,<br>Condi denying.<br>Rumsfeld defying,<br>Cheney spying, <br>Bush frying. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Re: input

Postby km artlu » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:59 am

hey rocco - months ago when I first encountered freewayblogger it provided a real boost of spirit, so I want to let you know how much your efforts are appreciated.<br><br>Also want to say that it can only be a good sign when you recognize that a formerly potent vibe is getting stale. That's sometimes a hard thing to accept, but it's often necessary for sustained efforts.<br><br>I just saw your request and nothing's popping to mind, but I'll give it some thought. Meanwhile, there's something about a couple of Forgetting2's ideas that stand out.<br><br>"Forget Torture , Go Shopping" and "Ignore the War , Watch TV" have this interestingly oblique effect in that they don't exhort novel behavior, they convey a jolt by naming what you're probably already doing. <p></p><i></i>
km artlu

slogan

Postby jingofever » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:21 am

Last week I read an opinion article about attitudes of soldiers during wars. One phrase summing up their attitudes struck me as very profound and really captures the zeitgeist, though I doubt you could use it. "Fuck this shit." Sure I've read and spoke it many times before, but in the context it really zapped me good. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

0 0

Postby AnnaLivia » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:44 am

0 0 0
Last edited by AnnaLivia on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaLivia

Postby OpLan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 am

"who would Jesus torture?"<br><br>"My car runs on cooking oil"<br><br>"Caution-Retina scans-No Blinking for the next 10 miles"<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
OpLan

more

Postby Forgetting2 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:07 am

(If you'll indulge me with a few more random thoughts)<br><br><br>Don’t take a Paige<br>From the Republican playbook<br><br>To be fair<br>He never said he’d pull out<br><br>It’s not NOT a crusade<br><br>Republicans<br>No reason to party<br><br>“Go die like you’re supposed to.”<br>        -George Walker Bush, 43rd president of the United States<br><br>Land of a tree<br>Home of the rave<br>We’re gonna’ need some new lyrics<br><br>He won’t attend your funeral either<br><br>Vote<br>It costs less<br><br>George Bush<br>Man without a reason <p></p><i></i>
Forgetting2

more

Postby blanc » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:09 am

time to prune <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Next

Return to Activism