Agents of Repression

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Agents of Repression

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 pm

On the one hand, this book is a fantastic expose of FBI abuses in regard to the COINTELPRO campaign against the Black Panther Party during the 1960s and the American Indian Movement in the 1970s. There are remarkable details about how the FBI is complicit in murdering Fred Hampton, as well as sending Geronimo Pratt and Leonard Peltier up the river. It is a well-researched and thoroughly documented book.

But on the other hand, I'm really disappointed at how the author Ward Churchill has allowed himself to be used by the media as a tool to discredit 9/11 Truth when he himself believes anyone who says al-Qaeda didn't do it all by themselves is racist. He might complain about being bad-jacketed, but he has really painted himself into a corner with this ridiculous stance. I still love his book, but I have conflicted feelings about the author.
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Stunning book.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:36 pm

I have several of Ward Churchill's stunning books and judge him by those.

Yes, his acerbic outspoken personality and a 9/11 blindspot due to the early appeal of 'blowback' history is easily exploited by the CIA media but this is done because of the EXTREMELY high value of his books documenting the myriad crimes of political oppression.

Add to your collection his 2003 book,
'On the Justice of Roosting Chickens: Reflections on the Consequences of U.S. Imperial Arrogance and Criminality.'

It's really mostly a historical chronology of every crime and violated United Nations resolution and treaty with lots of covert ops, coups, etc.
It's like a master rap sheet of the USG.

Re: 'Agents of Oppression.'

Must read.
People would be stunned to know how the FBI was able to murder so many Native Americans in the early-70s due to their being out in an isolated area AND the complicity of the CIA media in allowing the decapitation of all social movements in response to anti-fascist movements of the 60s.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Stunning book.

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:I have several of Ward Churchill's stunning books and judge him by those.

Yes, his acerbic outspoken personality and a 9/11 blindspot due to the early appeal of 'blowback' history is easily exploited by the CIA media but this is done because of the EXTREMELY high value of his books documenting the myriad crimes of political oppression.

Add to your collection his 2003 book,
'On the Justice of Roosting Chickens: Reflections on the Consequences of U.S. Imperial Arrogance and Criminality.'

It's really mostly a historical chronology of every crime and violated United Nations resolution and treaty with lots of covert ops, coups, etc.

Re: 'Agents of Oppression.'

Must read.
People would be stunned to know how the FBI was able to murder so many Native Americans in the early-70s due to their being out in an isolated area AND the complicity of the CIA media in allowing the decapitation of all social movements in response to anti-fascist movements of the 60s.

Thanks Hugh. I will definitely be on the lookout for Roosting Chickens. And I think you've made a great assessment of how the media exploits him. It's really a two-fer: they get to build up the official 9/11 myth at the same time they denigrate Churchill, and by extension denigrate his books. It's a true shame, because his research is impeccable and he understands how to connect the dots. One fact I found especially chilling is that if you compare 70's Pine Ridge to Pinochet's Chile on a per capita basis, the murder rate is virtually identical. Just mind-blowing and sadly ignored by most people.
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Stunning book.

Postby Code Unknown » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Add to your collection his 2003 book,

Hugh, how would you compare it in this regard to William Blum's Killing Hope?
"There is virtue in seeing something for what it is, even if the plain truth causes discomfort."
– The House Select Committee on Assassinations
"You don't have to be a cop to do a cop's work."
– Ward Churchill
Code Unknown

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Book Forum