Keyword Hijacking: Pentagon and folk rocker RITTER.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Gouda » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 am

It's going to take some doing to convince me that Iran is a threat to the USA.

Safe to assume that our standards of proof are higher than that of those relying too much on the political parlour games of the establishment. I hope Ritter's are just as high.

Yet I wonder if we (scott ritter, the government, wall street, the intelligence community, private equity groups, the freemasons, the council on foreign relations, rand corporation, minutemen, united auto workers, mexican migrant workers, soccer moms, urban junkies, white separatists, certified public accountants, girl scouts, gouda, robert d reed, and HMW) are all on the same page about what the "USA" is, what its interests are, and what constitutes a "threat" to this fascinating entity know as the "USA." Hell, and just where the hell is it? Everywhere, in fact. It is clear that some seek to make a case that Iran is a threat to the "USA-in-Iraq."

The bitch is in who wins the game defining these things.
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Pre-emptive definitions.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:00 pm

Gouda wrote:The bitch is in who wins the game defining these things.

This is exactly the motivation for using keyword hijacking, to win the race to define things.
Especially in the minds of they young. Old saying- "As the twig is bent so grows the tree." (orz, are you listening?)

Neuroscience recap:
Research has confirmed that the brain is designed to take info in and keep it, like a lobster trap, not exchange it for new better info.

This dynamic has been named by cognitive scientists who study linguistics.
It is called "mutual exclusivity."

This is why first impressions are so formative, the brain has a proven 'first come first served' bias.

The psychological programming of association has long been known and used in marketing and propaganda. The deliberate use of decoys and the shell-game of multiple identities has long been used by military intelligence as the psychology of war developed into a new science during the 20th century.

But military-intelligence use of the media to steer public perceptions increased significantly after WWII and the meshing of coercive science and linguistics led to a previously unseen level of mass hypnoprogramming and conditioning through media.

Decoys and parallel narratives developed into keyword hijacking even before publicly-known research into the phenomenon spread through academia in the 1990s.

By 2005 the fraud of keyword hijacking was recognized by software cognizenti who realized that Google ads and search results were being manipulated to displace competing keywords in favor of perpetrator's keywords. The cyber equivalent of the neural phenomenon confirmed the Darwinian application of information as power on the internet. The squeaky pixel gets the grease of commerce.

Or the keyword that just cuts to the front of the line as we all learned was against the rules back as school children. "Hey, no fair!" But it works. And it is done.

In the rigged marketplace of ideas it is the one in the front row on the shelf at eye-level that you buy into. Even manufacturers of breakfast cereals with too much sugar sold by cartoon characters know to buy the supermarket shelf space that is eye level to a six year-old.

And this is why keyword hijacking is done, to sell a view of the world that is more favorable to The Powers That Be.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

NPR pushes Josh Ritter since 2003.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Looks like this keyword hijacking campaign has been well-planned.
There might even be a pattern to exposing Josh Ritter based on political events in the news cycle to keep people away from Scott Ritter.

Recall that we found out from Tom Ridge himself that the color-coded terror alerts were all nonsense and politically-based.

So let's take a look.

The NYCity NPR station has 12 Josh Ritters in its archive but only 1 Scott Ritter and that one was back in 2002 before the invasion of Iraq.

NPR has been pushing Josh Ritter for more than three years before he became half of a duo with the Washington Post's chief Pentagon correspondent in late January, 2007.

NPR's Best CD's of 2006 page features other musicians making their fave picks.
Ritter leads the story.
12/19/06 Top of the page featured big is Josh Ritter and his picks.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6649435
Best CDs of 2006

Musicians Pick the Discoveries of 2006, from WFUV

NPR.org, December 19, 2006 · New York-based NPR station WFUV gathered year-in-review lists from an assortment of musicians (Josh Ritter, Erin McKeown, G. Love, Sondre Lerche and Pete Yorn) and veteran station host Vin Scelsa, with an emphasis on both new faces and rediscovered old ones.

Josh Ritter's Top Musical Discoveries of 2006

Josh Ritter.

Josh Ritter released a widely beloved album in 2006 (Animal Years), but he spent the year discovering a lot of new favorites by others. Here, in no particular order, are some of the best.

"From WFUV." Ah, the NYCity NPR station.
I searched up WFUV's audio archives using the keyword "Ritter."
I got 12 results for Josh.
I got 1 result for Scott.

Is there a pattern to Josh Ritter's NPR appearances?

Their website shows Josh Ritter being pushed since 9/2003 with 12 listings while Scott Ritter's only one was in 12/2002 before the invasion of Iraq.

Josh was back on NPR in April, 2004 which was when Fallujah was annihilated and Abu Ghraib broke out into the news. But then not again until June, 2005.
It seems that as talk of war with Iran escalates we see more Josh and less Scott.

June, 2005 was an important date according to this Amy Goodman interview with Scott Ritter--
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/21/144258

Friday, October 21st, 2005
Scott Ritter on the Untold Story of the Intelligence Conspiracy to Undermine the UN and Overthrow Saddam Hussein
AMY GOODMAN: Scott Ritter, this is from Wikipedia. It says on February 18, 2005, you announced to an audience in Washington that George Bush had ordered plans drawn up to bomb Iran in June of 2005 and that the Iraq elections had been rigged by the United States. You reiterated and clarified your statements about Iran in a March 30 article on Al-Jazeera, also alleged that the U.S. had rigged the 2005 parliamentary election to prevent the United Iraqi Alliance from winning an outright majority. All of this true?

SCOTT RITTER: Well, again, let's set the record straight. I didn't say that George Bush ordered anybody to bomb Iran in June 2005. I was very clear, based upon the information given to me, and it's 100% accurate, that in October 2004, the President of the United States ordered the Pentagon to be prepared to launch military strikes against Iran as of June 2005. That means have all the resources in place so that if the President orders it, the bombing cand a lot of people went, “Ah, you said they were going to attack in June.” Absolutely not. begin. It doesn't mean that the bombing is going begin in June.

Josh has been on NPR almost every month since January, 2006.
That's quite a lot, isn't it?

http://wfuv.venaca.com/cgi-bin/search_wfuv.cgi

WFUV Audio Archives
Past programs, concerts, interviews:
You searched for: ritter

Aired on: Live Concerts
Josh Ritter Live 2 "Josh Ritter ran the New York City Marathon for WFUV on November 5, 2006 and followed up that performance with a musical one. This one-hour acoustic show was performed for an appreciative audience of 'FUV Members at the Cutting Room in Manhattan that very evening."

Aired on: City Folk Sunday Breakfast
October 22, 2006 "John Platt welcomes guest Judith Owen. And featuring the music of Josh Ritter, who just turned 30."

Aired on: Take Five
Josh Ritter #2 "Singer-songwriter Josh Ritter takes another big step forward with his new album 'The Animal Years,' and brought his band by WFUV for a visit with Claudia Marshall. [6/1/06]"

Aired on: Words and Music from Studio A
Josh Ritter #3 "Josh Ritter tackles new sounds and weightier material on his new CD 'The Animal Years,' thanks in part to an impressive backing band. Tonight they join Claudia Marshall for a live session in Studio A. [5/1/06]"

Josh Ritter #2 "Singer-songwriter Josh Ritter is set to release his fourth CD, 'The Animal Years,' and Rita Houston got an early preview of the album during Josh's recent visit to WFUV. [2/3/06] "

Aired on: Take Five
Josh Ritter "Josh Ritter [3/6/06] "

Aired on: Whole Wide World with Rita Houston
February 10, 2006 "Josh Ritter joins Rita Houston to premiere tracks from his forthcoming album, The Animal Years. "

January 13, 2006 "Classically trained modern pop songwriter Imogene Heap brings her distintive voice and a thumb piano - plus new music from Josh Ritter, Cat Power and Herb Alpert! "

Aired on: Live Concerts
Josh Ritter Live "Claudia Marshall hosts this special City Folk Live broadcast with Josh Ritter, live from the Cutting Room in Manhattan. (June 6, 2005) "

April 30, 2004 "Rita welcomes singing-songwriting and guitar-playing favorites Erin McKeown and Josh Ritter to the Whole Wide World for a visit. "

Aired on: Woody's Children
April 11, 2004 "Singing Like Cats and Dogs (not to mention pigs, elephants, and sundry other critters)."

Josh Ritter "Rita Houston welcomes Josh Ritter to Studio A for an interview and performance. (September, 2003)"

Now here's the one interview with former UNSCOM weapons inspector and Bush administration critic, Scott Ritter. And it's before the invasion of Iraq. Nothing since.

Aired on: Fordham Conversations
December 14, 2002 "Fordham Conversations (Debut): Featuring a talk with former U.N. weapons inspector Scott Ritter, and a suggesting reading list on Iraq from Mideast Studies program director John Entelis."
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby robert d reed » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:55 am

Look, sure Scott Ritter has been relegated to virtual pariah status by the news media, including NPR- but why do you feel the necessity for dragging poor Josh Ritter into it?

What's Josh (whose music I have yet to hear, incidentally) supposed to do- turn down NPR until his namesake gets more air time? Who would hear about it? Who would care?

Maybe Scott Ritter ought to get a guitar.

Actually, Scott would probably just end up being discreetly "overlooked" again, like Ani DiFranco. NPR ignoring Ani (except for 1 token interview appearance that I heard a while back ) now that's what I call a REAL scandal for you...
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

Ani DiFranco as one of Scott Ritter's back up singers....

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:39 am

...or maybe the other way around.

robert d reed wrote:Look, sure Scott Ritter has been relegated to virtual pariah status by the news media, including NPR- but why do you feel the necessity for dragging poor Josh Ritter into it?

I didn't "drag poor Josh Ritter into it." NPR and the Washington Post did.

What's Josh (whose music I have yet to hear, incidentally) supposed to do- turn down NPR until his namesake gets more air time? Who would hear about it? Who would care?

Maybe Scott Ritter ought to get a guitar.

If I were Josh Ritter I'd be grateful for the attention and capitalize on it.
I doubt Josh realizes that he may really be getting national airplay because of his last name.

But what can he possibly be thinking is the reason he's a sidecar to the WPost Pentagon correspondent? Just because he wrote a song with the word 'war' in it? Yikes.
I blame parents and public schools....

Actually, Scott would probably just end up being discreetly "overlooked" again, like Ani DiFranco. NPR ignoring Ani (except for 1 token interview appearance that I heard a while back ) now that's what I call a REAL scandal for you...

Ani is amazing. Totally agree with you there. I used to work with her in New England.
When she teamed up with Utah Phillips I just couldn't believe how righteous she was.
As the kids say, awesome.

“The earth is not dying. It is being killed, and the people killing it have names and addresses.”
-Utah Phillips

This specificity is why I bother to point out deliberately manipulative media which might seem to some as pedantic or of no consequence. It all adds up.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Previous

Return to Psyops and Meme Management