edit: CIA+bribe trial+Clark/Perle+ Oil = BORAT!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby robert d reed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:35 am

You heard it here on RI first, by way of HMW...satirical 'black humor' is nothing more or less than a psyop, a brainchild of the Masters Of War.

Someone should have told Bertholt Brecht, before he unleashed the "mercilessly pro-militarist" play Mother Courage on the world...and arch-conspirator Terry Southern, writer of the book on which the eponymously titled movie Dr. Strangelove is based.

Or perhaps any sort of humor at all is a psyop...if it doesn't address a sensitive political topic, after all, it's escapist. If it caricatures one, it keeps people from taking it seriously.

If not- HMW, maybe you can provide the readership with an example of a comedy that you expect us to like. Along with the approved set of reasons for liking it...
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby robert d reed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:43 am

You can only stretch analogies so far, before they snap.
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

Postby sunny » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:58 am

"Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear -
And he shows them pearly white -
Just a jackknife has Macheath, dear -
And he keeps it out of sight."
(from The Threepenny Opera, 1928)
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Oh, the Hugh Manatee

Postby professorpan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:54 pm

I only just found these two clips of Cohen as Ali G. interviewing James Baker and Brent Scowcroft. There are more of these smirky banality clips of killers, I'm sure.

You don't think those old warriors know who he is and are using Ali for a PR sop during war and torture? Hell yeah, they are. The same way that TV anchors and politicians go on Letterman to get 'friendlied up' to the kids.

It is quite obvious that Baker and Scowcroft had no idea who Ali G. was, and were not prepared for his inane questions. Once again, you let your theory dictate what you see -- a textbook example of confirmation bias.

Think Ali G. is funny? 'Making people think?' Yeah, right. Sometimes. Sometimes he's doing exactly what our State Department wants, making horror glib and snarky.

Man, I am so very glad I don't live in your humorless skull.

Remind yourself what you are laughing at.
The laugh's on you and those being bombed and starved.

Laughing at crusty, white, old murderous men being mocked by a clever satirist seems pretty healthy to me. Though my favorite Ali G. moment was when he asked Neil Armstrong, "So when you landed on the Moon, what did the people there say?" (Note: this is quite obviously a psyop to distract attention from the biggest psyop of all -- the Moon landing hoax. But I digress).

Want war? Demonize with a stereotype.
Want to cut welfare? Demonize with a stereotype.
Want to be elected? Glorify with a stereotype.
(Smell Disney yet? And other 'entertainment?')

Ummm, I smell the entirety of human history. Do you really think Hadley Cantril discovered stereotyping for the CIA? Peple have been using stereotypes since one group of cavedwellers demonized its neighbors who lived in "inferior" caves.

Like Disney's 1977 movie for kids (?), 'The Shaggy D.A.'
D.A.?? Kids don't know what a D. A. is and neither do many adults.
So why market a movie with that sterile enigmatic title?
Hmm. 'Shaggy dog story' is a long-meandering pointless tale, isn't it?

Perhaps....renewing the massive pop culture psy-ops to distract from/discredit D.A. Jim Garrison who prosecuted a member of the CIA's JFK murder team, Clay Shaw.
(Kids love those animal stories which have been used for several other Disney psy-ops campaigns.)
But why discredit Garrison in 1977?
Perhaps because the House Special Committee on Assassinations was attempting to re-open the JFK and MLK investigations.

Thanks for reminding me about that particularly rich chestnut of yours :-)

I'm sure all of the kids who were diligently monitoring the House investigations into the JFK and MLK investigations had their brains wiped clean after being taken to see "The Shaggy D.A." Pretty clever of those Disney spooks.

I guess you aren't aware that the Disney flick was based (very loosely) upon the book "The Hound of Florence" by Felix Salten (also the author of the infamous "Bambi" psyop), published in 1923.

"The Shaggy D.A." was just one in a line of films building on the success of "The Shaggy Dog" (1959), Disney's first live-action comedy (the others were "The Absent-Minded Professor" and "The Return of the Shaggy Dog." I am not aware of any Abu-Ghraib-style media events that needed to be hijacked from the headlines for those films -- but I'm sure you could scrounge some up...
professorpan

Postby orz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks for being more explicit Hugh. So yeah, as I totally expected, what you were hinting at was that you don't understand satire, irony or cinema AT ALL, and probably haven't even seen strangelove. Followed of course by the obligatory diversion into tenuously related data dumps. :roll:
orz

The comfy blanket of dismissal.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:59 pm

(on edit: DAMN. Wha' happened? This is a mere fragment of a much larger post which was coherently related to the thread. A major reconstruct is now needed. uhhh....)

Zappa returned to Czechoslovakia in 1990 at the invitation of Havel, newly elected President and lifelong Zappaphile, who even went so far as to propose that Zappa be made Special Ambassador to the West on Trade, Culture and Tourism. Zappa, a libertarian politically, welcomed the challenge and immediately began setting up meetings with corporations interested in investing in Czechoslovakia telling The Nation magazine "You don't have to know about international financing. You just have to know about composition." Havel was quickly talked out of the appointment by Bush administration officials who were not too thrilled about the idea of an American citizen (especially not the one who wrote Burnt Weeny Sandwich) serving as a Czech ambassador, but he made Zappa an unofficial cultural attaché all the same.
But for young Czech rock fans it was Zappa's music that made a bigger impression than his politics. David Gaydecka again.
"I think it was funny for American people because probably Zappa is not as well known in the States as here but yeah he came and he spoke with the President and he played this special solo like only one tune. I think it was D or E for this concert that Michal Kocab when the last Russian soldier left Czechoslovakia so there was a big show and Zappa came and played like a one minute long solo so it was pretty big and I think also he was one of the first people from the west who came here."
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:15 pm

OK whateverrr :roll: :)

Total digression to Zappa!! Well why not? And we're vaguely back in agreement at least? :D

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
orz

Keyword Hizappaing

Postby professorpan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:14 pm

As for satire, I was raised on Frank Zappa.

So was I. But then I came to a dark realization -- that Frank Zappa, alleged "satirist" and non-conformist, was essentially a tool of the CIA. Don't believe me?

Zappa dismissed the use of psychedelic drugs by the counterculture, preferring to pimp the state-sanctioned, government supported, destructive substances -- alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes. He dissed labor unions and was rampantly pro-capitalist (his album "We're Only in it for the Money" is considered a classic of his oeuvre). His campaigning against the censorship of popular music was a ruse, designed to pave the way for the later social-disempowerment psyops foisted upon minority youth in the U.S. (aka "gansta" rap and other violent, pro-consumption, misogynistic programs).

And let's not forget his pedigree -- his father was a chemist at MKULTRA's facility at Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. In fact, Zappa became a victim of his father's experimentation when the elder Zappa inserted radium probes into his son's nostrils. Like most mind-control victims, his family was shuttled around from military base to military base throughout his childhood.

He learned the techniques of MOCKINGBIRD when he worked for advertising agencies in the late 1950s.

His coinage and espousal of "freak" rock was calculated to alienate progressive political "middle Americans" from the peace movement and the increasingly political "hippies" -- another target for his carefully-constructed derision.

In the 1980s, he guided the formation of the band "Missing Persons" -- precisely at the time the issue of missing children (snatched up for ritual abuse and elite exploitation) was becoming a serious national issue. It was during this period that he became a crusader against Christianity and religion (with songs like "Heavenly Bank Account" and "Moral Majority") -- putting the spotlight on the rising evangelical movement while (not coincidentally) distracting the focus from the murder of leftist nuns and priests by U.S. financed death squads in Central America).

Zappa's much-touted alliance with elitist PTB Vaclav Havel allowed the "Velvet Revolution" to open Czechoslovakia to corporate colonization and become a pawn of the EU/US. The Zappa-loving Havel is now a member of the "Committee on the Present Danger" (with spook members Joe Lieberman, James Woolsey, George Shultz, Steve Forbes, and Newt Gingrich, among others).

Zappa was bred and controlled from an early age (thanks to his mad scientist/MKULTRA spook father) to play his part in the global machinations of the NWO in several key PSYOPS campaigns:

1. Destroy the burgeoning political clout of the hippies by tarring them in the public consciousness as space-out, drug-using, foul-mouthed and imoral "freaks"

2. Smear the religious alliance between human rights activists and progressive Catholics in Central America

3. Hijack the term "missing persons" to deflect attention from NWO/Elitist "harvesting" of citizens for unseemly purposes

4. Co-opt the intellectual resistance movement in Czechoslovakia to pave the way for the PTB insertion of "radical" Vaclav Havel (in reality a fascist in disguise), opening up Czechoslovakia for Western corporate penetration and ultimate enlistment in the "War on Terra"

In short, Zappa has cleverly aided and abetted the fascist takeover of the planet. Case closed.
professorpan

Zappaluminai

Postby professorpan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:58 pm

Although I thought I was the first to "out" Zappa as an Illuminati collaborator, it appears someone else was on his scent:

http://www.illuminati-news.com/new-worl ... piracy.htm

Rock & Roll & Mind Control(5)

The phrase "rock & roll" was created by disc jockey Alan Freed. The softer "rock" became the instrument through which "hard rock" would eventually emerge. Jefferson Airplane's leading musician, Paul Kantner, admitted:

"The new rock music is intended to broaden the generation gap, alienate parents from their children, and prepare young people for revolution."

Lead singer of the Mothers of Invention, Frank Zappa, said that:

"the loud sounds and the bright lights of today are tremendous indoctrination tools."

Aldous Huxley, the CIA LSD prophet and Illuminist, published a book called "The Devils of Loudun" in 1952, where he told the same thing as Zappa did. Inside its covers, he wrote:

"If exposed long enough to the tomtoms and the singing, every one of our philosophers would end by capering and howling with savages. Assemble a mob of men and women, treat them to amplified band music, bright lights, and in next to no time you can reduce them to a state of almost mindless subhumanity. Never before have so few been in a position to make fools, maniacs, or criminals of so many."
professorpan

Postby orz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Zappa caught trying to downplay the effect of media propaganda on the people:
"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?"

:evil:

(professorpan, I think you just won the Internet. :lol:)
orz

Postby robert d reed » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:47 pm

Is there no end to it?
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

No end

Postby professorpan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:21 pm

No, Robert, there is no end to the machinations of the controllers. Not until your brain is captured, that is. Then, and only then, will their conquest of the noosphere be complete.
professorpan

Re: Pan's self-indulgence.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:03 am

professorpan wrote:
As for satire, I was raised on Frank Zappa.

That's me saying "As for satire,..."

Weird. Most of my post didn't show up (!) and those words were also missing.
Yet your are quoting me from the post that mostly didn't show up.
How did you see it, PP? Did you also see Wynton Marsalis and Paul Robeson in that post?

Maybe I bobbled the 'send' button when it was taking forever to load up.
I hit 'stop' to copy it just in case I had gotten signed out while I was writing a long response to be prepared in case it accidentally went away when I had to sign back in. That has happened before. This board signs me out at arbitrary times.

Anyway, your nonsensical Zappa spew is a waste of time to read and a slander to a great man who fought fascism all his life. Why bother?

So much wasted energy throwing spit balls at me or turning what I write around 180 degrees...so little spent on topic.

I'll try to rewrite the missing post.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Ex-BAE chairman is recruited by Kazakhstan

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:31 am

This is HUGE, as if Kazakhstan was hiring GHWBush. Big news.
The US-Anglo Alliance has bought themselves a dictator who is sitting on top of lots of the Caspian Sea oil and gas that 9/11 was meant to help them get.

Kazakhstan's dictator, Mr. Nazarbayev, has personally visited the Bush compound in Maine, Tony Blair, and the Queen of England while America's youth were yucking it up over Borat's antics as a 'Kazakhstan journalist.'

BAE is sort of like the UK's Carlyle Group, an enormous military-industrial monster that comprises a large part of the British government.

When someone wrote that maybe I was right about Borat being used as a psy-op in another thread on this news, Prof Pan made this bizarrely misleading comment about me, "he's hijacking attention away from the actual story." Wha? Yeah...right.
Some folks just can't admit when they are wrong.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=9650
>great additional info on BAE in this other thread<

(Hey, PP. I started this here thread about oil geopolitics three weeks ago while others were still all about Borat. You know it, too, PP.)

news source-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1963338,00.html

Monday December 4, 2006
The Guardian

Sir Richard Evans, former chairman of Britain's biggest arms company, BAE Systems, has gone to work for the president of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev.

Sir Richard is to become chairman of Samruk, the oil and gas-rich central Asian country's state holding company. It was formed earlier this year to control a collection of state enterprises, many of which are said to be linked to the Nazarbayev family. They include KazMunaiGas; Kazakhstan Temir Zholy (railways); Kazakhtelekom; KEGOC (Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company), and Kazpost (postal services).

It is intended to float some, or all, of the companies in London. The potential flotation of KazMunaiGas was flagged in September when the oil and gas group said it wanted to raise more than £1bn by selling 40% of its exploration and production arm. It is chaired by Mr Nazarbayev's son-in-law, Timur Kulibayev, who was appointed six months ago. The Kazakh embassy in London says it is also planning to float the airline, Air Astana, which was launched as a joint venture with BAE Systems when Sir Richard was chairman.

A Kazakh official said: "The key reason behind the establishment of Samruk is to improve asset management, corporate governance and transparency of the national companies and their budgets."

Sir Richard is one of a string of leading British businessmen recruited in recent months to improve the prospects of a successful London stock market flotation for central Asian and Russian firms.

Many institutional investors, including CIS, Hermes and F&C Asset Management, are wary of the flood of companies from Russia, former Soviet states and eastern Europe joining the London Stock Exchange, believing that their corporate governance standards are inadequate. Less than three months ago, Kazakhmys, the FTSE-listed Kazakh copper mining group, announced the resignation of its chief executive, YK Cha, and broke governance guidelines by handing his duties to the chairman, Vladimir Kim. Kazakhmys was also unable to guarantee that Mr Cha would not dump his 16% stake in the group, which would hit the share price.

Sir Richard held talks with Mr Nazarbayev when he came to London on a three-day visit last month. Mr Nazarbayev also had lunch with Tony Blair and met the Queen. Sir Richard, who still works as a consultant to BAE, was the architect of the continuing Al-Yamamah arms deals with Saudi Arabia, and also signed off on confidential agency deals with other countries, which are being probed in the wide-ranging Serious Fraud Office inquiry into corruption allegations.

Shortly after he stepped aside as BAE chairman, Sir Richard was interviewed at length by the SFO at the end of 2005. Sir Richard and BAE deny any wrongdoing, and the current chairman, Mike Turner, made public threats last week that a £6bn Saudi contract to buy Typhoon aircraft could be derailed if SFO inquiries into Swiss bank accounts were not curtailed.

Mr Nazarbayev, too, has faced problems with corruption inquiries. The trial in New York is scheduled to start in January of the oil broker James Giffen, who is accused by federal prosecutors of secretly channelling $84m (£42m) in payments from Mobil Oil - as it was then called - and other companies, to accounts controlled by the president and former prime minister, Nurlan Balgimbaev. The payments were made to Leichtenstein trusts with Swiss bank accounts, prosecutors say.

Mr Giffen's defence is that he was authorised by the CIA to make the payments. He told prosecutors that he followed the president's instructions and "arranged for the creation of a number of these accounts". He added that "the president wanted the accounts and the movement of money to them to be kept secret".

The Kazakh government - which Transparency International ranked 122nd out of the 146 nations in its 2004 corruption perceptions index - denies the allegations.
It claims that Mr Nazarbayev, who has not been charged, instructed his ministers in 1996 to route funds to Switzerland as a safeguard in case of an economic collapse.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:11 am

slander to a great man who fought fascism all his life. Why bother?

Uh that was rather the point i think! :roll:
orz

PreviousNext

Return to Psyops and Meme Management