RI Art Show

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

RI Art Show

Postby Project Willow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 am

I am willing and open to hosting an RI member art show in Seattle at Corridor Gallery in the TK building in Pioneer Square sometime during 2010. As of October 2009, I am no longer the official curator of Corridor Gallery, but since I initiated the gallery and have an ongoing relationship with new management I have no reservations about planning a show. Here is the url for the gallery:

http://www.tashirokaplan.com/corridor/

I would be honored to curate such a show, as I have mentioned here before. The TK, being the very epicenter of visual art in Seattle attracts every First Thursday audiences of the highest calibre in the region.

edit: fixed url
Last edited by Project Willow on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Project Willow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:08 am

Oh, did I mention? This is just for Barracuda. OK? It's not for anyone else.
Project Willow

Postby barracuda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:11 am

That is a great idea! And not just the part where it's all about me, either. I'm game, though.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:18 pm

I did have my tongue in my cheek, but if you're are interested 'Cuda, I'll make the offer serious.

Anybody else interested?
Project Willow

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 am

Looks like it's still all about you 'Cuda. Well, could have predicted that. Sorry. If you want a solo show, I'll see what I can do, after you pm or send me some samples, alright?

The rest of you folks, what's up with that? I KNOW there are many artists on the board, what, you don't trust me? One thing my front parts can do is get along like normal folk, and run a gallery, been doing it for 4 plus years. If the entirety of Seattle can trust me, you can too. Get over yourselves and raise your hand, please.
Project Willow

Postby beeline » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 am

Intriguing. I haven't drawn anything in years. My sister is an awesome artist though. She does great landscapes and has top-tenned it in the duck stamp competition....
beeline

Postby Sweejak » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm

I've got an older piece I think I'd like to run by you.

Ya'll think Jeff's had a writer's block, my painting block is ancient, but I'm getting closer, yeah, that's what I tell myself.
Sweejak

Postby lightningBugout » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am

I'm down to send a c print.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:52 am

[ § ]

PW, I may have someone in mind that I would like to facilitate participating, my best friend. She paints on found glass windows and other things - also paints with Photoshop with pure digital mojo. It's haunting stuff. OF course I'd have to ask her to if she'd go for it, but I think she would.

I guess it depends on what you mean by RI-themed? Does it have to be a poster on RI? Or just something that somehow relates to something discussed on RI?
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby LilyPatToo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you for posting a link to this thread, since I somehow missed it entirely! Definitely trust you, PW, and would love to have a piece in a show like that one. But I'd appreciate more info on the theme, since I'll most likely do something specifically for the show. It would also be nice to know things like optimal maximum/minimum size for the display space.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby Free » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Project Willow wrote:

I am willing and open to hosting an RI member art show in Seattle at Corridor Gallery in the TK building in Pioneer Square sometime during 2010. As of October 2009, I am no longer the official curator of Corridor Gallery, but since I initiated the gallery and have an ongoing relationship with new management I have no reservations about planning a show. Here is the url for the gallery:

[url]http:www.tashirokaplan.com./corridor/[/url]

I would be honored to curate such a show, as I have mentioned here before. The TK, being the very epicenter of visual art in Seattle attracts every First Thursday audiences of the highest calibre in the region.

Sounds like a beautiful idea Willow. I'm a multi-disciplinary artist. I haven't been focusing on painting and visual art in the past several years but I have paintings I've done in the past. I'm going to work on taking some halfway decent photos of them to send to you.

Free
Free

Postby barracuda » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Looks like I'm gonna hafta get my shit together and take some pictures for you Willow...
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby lightningBugout » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:02 pm

If I were more of a painter I'd do a series of small portraits of RI posters based on how they appear in my imagination.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby Project Willow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Oh, I hadn't checked this thread today, I'm so glad to see the responses!

As for the theme, I don't want to erect any barriers to participation, so whatever your usual output is referencing is fine. However, if you have any works relating to RI type topics, that's a big bonus.

Lily, I can think of a couple of yours (mc themed) I'd especially like to hang if you are comfortable with that.

Excellent 'Cuda, and Free, send .jpgs or a link to your website. Secrets, ON edit: go ahead and send pics of your friend's work.

If it makes it any easier, here's an email address: corridor@tashirokaplan.com

As for size restrictions I would think that up to 4 x 4 ft. is fine, and I can go bigger for a few pieces, as long as you don't mind the shipping. I should make that clear, I have no budget for shipping.

I'll work on a detailed prospectus and post it here in the next few days.

LBO, that's funny. Actually it's a great idea, or we could all do a piece secret Santa style.
Project Willow

Postby monster » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:18 am

I'm hesitant to post my art, someone could just steal it and claim my masterpieces as their own.

Fuck it, life's too short. Here is my most RI-themed piece:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Next

Return to [Moved to Lounge]